PDA

View Full Version : Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...

Oztradamus
09-06-2005, 05:29 PM
[Comic Book Guy] Best Album Ever!!! [/Comic Book Guy]

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002WU9.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Raekwon featuring Ghostface Killah "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..."
1. "Striving for Perfection" (Diggs/Woods) - 1:43
2. "Knuckleheadz" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:05
3. "Knowledge God" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:27
4. "Criminology" (Adams/Bascombe/Burgess/Coles/Diggs/Patterson/Woods) - 3:49
5. "Incarcerated Scarfaces" (Diggs/Raekwon) - 4:30
6. "Rainy Dayz" (Diggs/Woods) - 5:17
7. "Guillotine (Swordz)" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:21
8. "Can It Be All So Simple" (Wu Tang Clan) - 4:10
9. "Shark Niggas (Biters)" (Diggs/Woods) - 1:39
10. "Ice Water" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:02
11. "Glaciers of Ice" (Coles/Diggs/Turner/Woods) - 4:54
12. "Verbal Intercourse" (Diggs/Woods/Jones) - 4:07
13. "Wisdom Body" (Diggs/Woods) - 2:34
14. "Spot Rusherz" (Diggs/Woods) - 3:51
15. "Ice Cream" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:16
16. "Wu-Gambinos" performed by Raekwon / Method Man - 5:09
17. "Heaven and Hell" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:57
18. "North Star (Jewels)" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:00

racist randy
09-06-2005, 05:33 PM
classic shit every track is 5 star to me except the last(too slow paced)

Oztradamus
09-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Nah kid, The whole album is flawless.. Northstar is a perfect way to end the album.. See the whole album is like a movie, and Northstar is the song that's rolling in the credits.. It's perfect, Immaculate in every way..:clap:

racist randy
09-06-2005, 06:00 PM
lol u can say that...

Sideoutfox
09-07-2005, 12:39 AM
really? u don't like northstar? shit that might be my favorite HIP-HOP song ever.

My First Timbs
09-07-2005, 01:16 AM
how could u not like heaven and hell?

that track right there is fly and dope as hell!

"wakin up around 10 kid... jump into the shower piece so i could make moves and (slide like grease!)"

my copy didnt have northstar ... i didnt hear northstar until like 7 years later

PolitiC
09-07-2005, 09:37 AM
just might be the greatest rap album ever made..top three anyways

G.O.D.PT3
09-07-2005, 09:44 AM
purple tape = classic deffinatly in my top5 greatest albums.

the surgeon
09-07-2005, 09:56 AM
hip hop perfection

pussy-with-teeth
09-07-2005, 10:06 AM
this and SC are my all time fav rap albums

Dante
09-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Classic album

my top 5 songs on this are:

Rainy Dayz
Incarcerated Scarfaces
Guillotine (Swordz)
Wu-Gambinos
Criminolgy

My First Timbs
09-07-2005, 10:40 AM
i love knuckleheadz,, ugod gets me amped!

Oztradamus
09-07-2005, 11:38 AM
*makes sniffin' sounds*

McTom
09-07-2005, 12:05 PM
it's a good album and i don' want to offend anybody but why is it i like ironman, liquid swords and tical 1 more than this? that albums seems more varied, i guess

num2son
09-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Classic album but there's this one song I didn't love and it was "can it be so simple remix."

triggahappy187
09-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Strivin for perfection - Great skit
Knuckleheadz - 5/5
Knowledge God - 5/5 Might be my fav track on the album
Criminology - 5/5
Incarcerated Scarface - 5/5 Tho a year ago I woulda said 4/5
Rainy Dayz - 5/5 Classic
Guillotine - 5/5
Can It all be so simple - 4/5 - A year ago I woulda said 2/5 but shit grew on me
Ice Water - 3/5
Glaciers Of Ice - 5/5 Might be my fav song on album as well
Verbal Intercourse - 5/5 Best verse ive ever heard in my life courtesy of Nasty Nas Babay
Wisdom Body - 2/5
Spot Rusherz - 3/5
Ice Cream - Wow I remember when I saw the video niggas went bananas - 5/5
Wu Gambinos - Nah fuck it this is my fav song on the album - 5/5
Heaven and hell - Wow 5/5

Overall 67 /75 This is my fav album of all time maybe

My First Timbs
09-07-2005, 04:03 PM
this is how i would rate it

Strivin for perfection - Great skit
Knuckleheadz - 9/10
Knowledge God - 10/10
Criminology - 8/10
Incarcerated Scarface - 9/10
Rainy Dayz - 10/10 (if i could i would give this a 50 out of 10)
Guillotine - 7/10
Can It all be so simple - 9/10
Ice Water - 7/10
Glaciers Of Ice - 10/10
Verbal Intercourse - 10/10
Wisdom Body - 8/10
Spot Rusherz - 8/10 ( i dont know y ppl dont like this song?)
Ice Cream - - 9/10
Wu Gambinos - - 9/10 (great but not perfect)
Heaven and hell - 10/10 (this is up there with glaciers of ice and rainy days!)

132 out of 150 = .88 = 88% ive never rated an album this high

looking at what it was rated above (67/75) i would say we are almost identical in our taste... u gave it a 89%

brahma
09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
^ mathematics

deadlymelody
09-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Ok here's my review on THE BEST hip hop album ever constructed.

Striving For Perfection-5/5- What a great way to start an album. It's just Rae and Ghost speaking on what they wanna do when this albums done. "Im hanging this shit up if this don't work man." Well, it worked Ghostface.

Knuckleheads-5/5- I love the bassline. Rae comes with a great verse. Ghost and U-God come off with better verses though. It's just a great head nodding song.

Knowledge God-5/5- *sniff sniff* One of my favorite beats on the album. I love Rae's verses but the beat takes this with the violens and catch little piano.

Criminology-5/5- Oh my god first off the beat is crazy but Ghost and Rae came off so hard on this song. A lot of quotable in this song from both members. Beat fits perfect with their flow.

Incarcerated Scarfaces-5/5- I remember first hearing this beat and thinking it was the best I had ever heard. I don't think that anymore but this is still a classic song in its' own right. Chef'll shine like marble.

Rainy Dayz-5/5- Every once in a while you'll hear a beat and think "Wow that is production nirvana right there." This beat is like that. A flawless beat and (Blue Rasberry?) has stellar vocals. Rae and Ghost prove to me that they are some of the best lyricists around with 2 great verses.

Guillotine (Swordz)-5/5- The beat from Tical! Finally RZA quit messing with us and hit us up with this stellar beat. Rebel INS catches you right off the bat which he seems to like to do as he has done the same with several of his verses. Him and GZA start and end the song perfectly with Ghost dropping some abstract wordplay and Rae kicking his slang rap.

Can It Be All So Simple (Remix)-5/5- It's the original beat reverses, and with harder bass. Although the original may be better due to better lyrics, I still amazed at the duo of Ghost and Rae, they vibe perfect together.

Shark Biters-5/5- It's one of the best skits. Rae and Ghost talk about biters, talking about people biting their styles and Nas's shit.

Ice Water-5/5- A great sample by RZA. It's such a great beat but I love Ghost's and Cappadonnas verses. You can almost feel a change in sound after Shark Biters as there is more guest appearances from here on.

Glaciers of Ice-5/5- Another flawless beat by RZA. Best verses have to belong to Rae and Masta Killa though, with Masta coming off the best. Blue Rasberry made this song though, she should get the same amount of credit

Verbal Intercourse-5/5- One of the best sampled beats you'll ever hear. "If he....I really love him." How do you take something so profound like that and turn into one of the sickest beats made? RZA did it but even better than the beat is the 3 classic verses, right in a row, dropped by Nas, Rae, and Ghostface. This song is hip hop in its' purest form no questions asked.

Wisdom Body-4/5- A short solo Ghosface. He speech seems a little weird, as Ghost said he was probably drunk during a lot of the making of this album. I like the beat although it doesn't amount to the price that Glaciers of Ice and Verbal Intercourse was.

Spot Rusherz-4/5- The St. Ides commercial plays at the beginning while Ghost and Rae crack me up. "It's like the sun ain't even up. Well the sun will always shine though, but you know what I mean?" I like the beat alot although it is repetitive. Rae tells a nice story. All in all, it's a great track.

Ice Cream-5/5- An absolute ridiculous verse by RZA. He has said that he used an ice cream sound and sort of remixed to get this. Genius! It's a clever song, but the best verse is Ghostface with Cappadonna finishing out the song but I almost like Meth best for his chorus.

Wu-Gambinos-5/5- The Gambinos! Johnny Blaze, Tony Starks, Lex Diamonds, and Noodles and Bobby Steels one by one give out some of the best verses on the album. Another fantastic beat. There is no weak verse on here, they are all great but as for the best verse, I'm going to have to give it to Bobby Steels.

Heaven and Hell-5/5- One of my favorite beats and songs. Rae and Ghost do a little duet together, just vibing with the beat. It's just a classic song what can I say.

North Star-5/5- Another one of the best beats i've ever heard. When Rae comes and drops his verse, I seriously get goosebumps almost every time. The verse needed to be longer or have Ghost or something on it! This song should have been 8 minutes long with every member dropping a verse. Used to never listen to it because I only thought it was just Popa Wu talking.

There you guys go. It's the best ever go pick up part 2!

Orion Nebulus
09-07-2005, 06:33 PM
One of the greatest hiphop masterpieces of all time!!!! Other than Enter the Wutang... no album has made as big as an impact like "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..." at least in my era. From begining to end its flawless. To me its really a toss up between 36 chambers and this.

Rebel_INS
09-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Who the fuck voted "Wack". How ignorant, lmao. :( Haha.

1.Striving For Perfection (Skit)
2.Knuckleheads - 5/5
3.Knowledge God - 5/5
4.Criminology - 5/5
5.Incarcerated Scarfaces - 5/5
6.Rainy Dayz - 5/5
7.Guillotine - 5/5
8.Can It All Be So Simple (Remix) - 5/5
9.Shark Niggas (Skit)
10.Ice Water - 5/5
11.Glaciers Of Ice - 5/5
12.Verbal Intercourse - 5/5
13.Wisdom Body - 5/5
14.Spot Rushers - 5/5
15.Ice Cream - 5/5
16.Wu-Gambinos - 5/5
17.Heaven & Hell - 5/5
18.North Star (Jewels) - 5/5

Yes, every song 5/5. Classic albums. Rae and all the appearances come correct on everything verse. The production is off the charts dope!

Cm0ney
09-07-2005, 09:02 PM
rza was on ice cream?

Bedlam
09-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Ok here's my review on THE BEST hip hop album ever constructed.

Striving For Perfection-5/5- What a great way to start an album. It's just Rae and Ghost speaking on what they wanna do when this albums done. "Im hanging this shit up if this don't work man." Well, it worked Ghostface.

Knuckleheads-5/5- I love the bassline. Rae comes with a great verse. Ghost and U-God come off with better verses though. It's just a great head nodding song.

Knowledge God-5/5- *sniff sniff* One of my favorite beats on the album. I love Rae's verses but the beat takes this with the violens and catch little piano.

Criminology-5/5- Oh my god first off the beat is crazy but Ghost and Rae came off so hard on this song. A lot of quotable in this song from both members. Beat fits perfect with their flow.

Incarcerated Scarfaces-5/5- I remember first hearing this beat and thinking it was the best I had ever heard. I don't think that anymore but this is still a classic song in its' own right. Chef'll shine like marble.

Rainy Dayz-5/5- Every once in a while you'll hear a beat and think "Wow that is production nirvana right there." This beat is like that. A flawless beat and (Blue Rasberry?) has stellar vocals. Rae and Ghost prove to me that they are some of the best lyricists around with 2 great verses.

Guillotine (Swordz)-5/5- The beat from Tical! Finally RZA quit messing with us and hit us up with this stellar beat. Rebel INS catches you right off the bat which he seems to like to do as he has done the same with several of his verses. Him and GZA start and end the song perfectly with Ghost dropping some abstract wordplay and Rae kicking his slang rap.

Can It Be All So Simple (Remix)-5/5- It's the original beat reverses, and with harder bass. Although the original may be better due to better lyrics, I still amazed at the duo of Ghost and Rae, they vibe perfect together.

Shark Biters-5/5- It's one of the best skits. Rae and Ghost talk about biters, talking about people biting their styles and Nas's shit.

Ice Water-5/5- A great sample by RZA. It's such a great beat but I love Ghost's and Cappadonnas verses. You can almost feel a change in sound after Shark Biters as there is more guest appearances from here on.

Glaciers of Ice-5/5- Another flawless beat by RZA. Best verses have to belong to Rae and Masta Killa though, with Masta coming off the best. Blue Rasberry made this song though, she should get the same amount of credit

Verbal Intercourse-5/5- One of the best sampled beats you'll ever hear. "If he....I really love him." How do you take something so profound like that and turn into one of the sickest beats made? RZA did it but even better than the beat is the 3 classic verses, right in a row, dropped by Nas, Rae, and Ghostface. This song is hip hop in its' purest form no questions asked.

Wisdom Body-4/5- A short solo Ghosface. He speech seems a little weird, as Ghost said he was probably drunk during a lot of the making of this album. I like the beat although it doesn't amount to the price that Glaciers of Ice and Verbal Intercourse was.

Spot Rusherz-4/5- The St. Ides commercial plays at the beginning while Ghost and Rae crack me up. "It's like the sun ain't even up. Well the sun will always shine though, but you know what I mean?" I like the beat alot although it is repetitive. Rae tells a nice story. All in all, it's a great track.

Ice Cream-5/5- An absolute ridiculous verse by RZA. He has said that he used an ice cream sound and sort of remixed to get this. Genius! It's a clever song, but the best verse is Ghostface with Cappadonna finishing out the song but I almost like Meth best for his chorus.

Wu-Gambinos-5/5- The Gambinos! Johnny Blaze, Tony Starks, Lex Diamonds, and Noodles and Bobby Steels one by one give out some of the best verses on the album. Another fantastic beat. There is no weak verse on here, they are all great but as for the best verse, I'm going to have to give it to Bobby Steels.

Heaven and Hell-5/5- One of my favorite beats and songs. Rae and Ghost do a little duet together, just vibing with the beat. It's just a classic song what can I say.

North Star-5/5- Another one of the best beats i've ever heard. When Rae comes and drops his verse, I seriously get goosebumps almost every time. The verse needed to be longer or have Ghost or something on it! This song should have been 8 minutes long with every member dropping a verse. Used to never listen to it because I only thought it was just Popa Wu talking.

There you guys go. It's the best ever go pick up part 2!
FINALLY, a real review, and our opinions almost match Deadlymelody. I think you meant RZA dropped an insane beat, not verse. nice review

BRONZBODY
09-09-2005, 02:22 PM
even after 10 years...i still get goosebumps when i listen to this album...thats a good thing...........

WU-KILLAH
09-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Yea I see a lot of people like that album very much : it contains a lot of bangaz, but tracks like rainy dayz or even incarcerated scarfaces are boring when you listen to them more than 10 times ... I prefer much more Ironman .

deadlymelody
09-10-2005, 12:27 AM
^
Ok I can see your opinion in liking Ironman better but boring and Rainy Days and Incarcerated Scarfaces do not belong together.

dat MF
09-10-2005, 05:36 AM
best rap album ever

lucky arms
09-13-2005, 07:17 AM
purple tape = classic deffinatly in my top5 greatest albums.
what the heck is the purple tape?

MefMan36
09-14-2005, 07:05 PM
The Blueprint of what an album should be. One of the only albums, IMO, that used skits perfectly and made it fit with the album. Wu-Gambinos is the shit, I listen to that song at least once a week, lol. And also Guillotine (Swords)

the insignificant
09-16-2005, 11:51 PM
knuckleheadz - 3.5/5... can't quite get this one...
knowledge god - 4.5/5... brilliant...
criminology - 4/5... very hard hitting...
incarcerated scarfaces - 4/5... track sums up the album itself...
rainy dayz - 4/5... drags slightly, but is still awesome...
guillotine - 4/5... deck and gza steal the show...
can it be all so simple - 3/5... not into it...
ice water - 4.5/5... three great verses over a great beat...
glaciers of ice - 5/5... on of the best songs in the history of music... masta killah drops the best verse on the album... probably his best ever...
verbal intercourse - 5/5... just awesome... nice touch putting nas in there too...
wisdom body - 4.5/5... short and sharp... beat reminds me of fish...
ice cream - 5/5... maybe the best crossover song the wu has done...
wu gambinos 5/5... great beat... meth, masta killa steal this...
heaven and hell 4/5... i like this... good way to finish the theme of the album...
north star 4/5... great bonus track... love the barry white sample...

THE W
09-17-2005, 08:53 AM
FLAWLESS VICTORY

every track could've been a hit single back in the days of this album. one of the few albums where the skits add to the album instead of taking away from it. wall to wall bangers.

11/10

krazi m.i.c.
09-20-2005, 02:22 PM
tru , tru

Frank Drebin
09-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Whut can you say that aint already been said. Amazing 9.9/10

chuck430
09-24-2005, 06:01 AM
you just get lost in rza's beats on this album, you forget that theyre even rapping. it took me years to listen past the beats and actually listen to what rae was saying. i knew the album by heart but for some reason i didnt understand what i heard. i know that might make me look bad but its just a testiment of how complex the album is. an album that is putting Big on blast countless times always has my vote.

4-Bar Killer
09-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Classic album

my top 5 songs on this are:

Rainy Dayz
Incarcerated Scarfaces
Guillotine (Swordz)
Wu-Gambinos
Criminolgyco-sign, but I think Knowledge God should be there too, but cant remove one of them. In my opinion, ob4cl is the best hiphop album ever made..

My fav on there must be Guillotine (Swordz), just listen to the beat !! but every track is a 5, def my fav rap album

Oztradamus
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
This album is a certified undeniable Hip-Hop classic...

Notice how I didn't say "Personal" Classic kiddies..

Kool P Shook
10-01-2005, 04:56 AM
Raekwon's "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..." is the first album that contains maphious atmospheres. RZA's sound is changed and Bobby Steels uses the typical italoamerican's culture sounds. It's totally different by the Wu-Tang' sound,famous for shaolin atmospheres,oriental strumentals and swords! The answer of the question "Is this album good?"is: YES.And we want say:IT'S A CLASSIC.Probably with "Liquid Swords" of GZA and "No Said Date" of Masta Killa it's the best wu solo album!Raekwon's partner is GhostFace Killah that appairs on a lot of tracks.Tony Starks (GhostFcae) raps alone in the beautiful "Wisdom Body",incredible song with a sweet beat. In the cd appairs entaire Wu-Tang Clan (except Ol Dirty bastard,r.i.p.)and every soldier change his name:so Method Man becomes Johnny Blaze,Raekwon is Lou Diamonds (in Wu-Tang Forever he will change the nickname in Lexius Diamonds);there are also Blue Raspberry,wu vocalist,and a guest rapper,Nas (yes!the great EastSide MC)that become Nas Escobar.This name is also his identity in The Firm group (AZ,Nas,Foxy Brown,Nature).There are a lot of great tracks,like "Wu-Gambinos" where we can find the trasformation of Wu-Tang Clan,amazing,and the RZA/Bobby Steels check a classic crime-rap beat;"Guillotines (Swordz)" is a typical Shaolin track.Of course,here we find the GZA/Genius/Maximillion and Inspectah Deck/Rollie Fingers;"Criminology", famous track of Rae and Ghost with a sample from "Scarface" in the intro;"Rainy Dayz" sees a Blue Raspberry's collaboration and the vocalist do an exellent work with her voice; "Glaciers Of Ice" is a great work of the incredible trio Masta Killa/Noodles,Raekwon/Lou Diamonds and Ghostface/Tony Starks (these criminals wanna steal a treasure called "Glaciers Of Ice"...).Every track is fantastic,Raekwon's rhymes are fantastic,guests are fantastic...THIS CD ROCKS!!!

biblebullet
10-07-2005, 11:49 AM
well what can i say i mos def agree with all the reviews but i also have to say that after a while certain track don't sound so sweet.Nonetheless a fucking great album and pure classic

IsMaR
10-07-2005, 01:36 PM
actually

i like the first half better

but its a classic cd

Stic.man4president?
10-19-2005, 09:11 AM
1 of the top 5 hhalbums ever made
10/10

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Ice Water - 7/10
Ice Water - 3/5
this is how i would rate it (the album)

88%
http://www.accesswave.ca/~rclancey/lmao.jpg

You just gave a song with some of the greatest verses in rap history a 3/5. Well done. Not to mention one of RZA's most trademark beat ever.

featherfoot
11-16-2005, 10:17 AM
worn my wax out ,love it

GENERAL WISE
02-09-2006, 09:42 PM
lyrics: 96%
Beats: 97%

Overall: 96.5%

10/10

deadlymelody
02-20-2006, 11:21 AM
I just checked, and yes, it's still the greatest ever.

G_mac
02-20-2006, 04:26 PM
This is one of my favorite albums of all time, and it's weird cuz when I first started listening to Wu_Tang my buddy kept telling how awesome this album was and I said I hated it the first couple times I listerned to it. Stupid me

GENERAL WISE
02-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Thats what Wu-Tang Albums are all about. Get used to that shit and its like coccaine.

TrajikŪ
02-21-2006, 10:03 PM
i love this album

my fav song is Guillotine

Its Big Lu baby
03-14-2006, 01:49 AM
this album doesnt need to be reviewd. this is the greatest album ever made. production/lyrically wise. 10/10

03-18-2006, 10:43 PM
my favorite album of all time. and i've listened to just about everything.... peace

meddmawamm
04-09-2006, 04:55 PM
A masterpiece that rivals the best albums from other music genres.

I give it ten million mics.

Grongle
04-09-2006, 05:03 PM
classic album

A_Wisdombody
04-11-2006, 07:49 PM
[Comic Book Guy] Best Album Ever!!! [/Comic Book Guy]

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002WU9.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Raekwon featuring Ghostface Killah "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..."
1. "Striving for Perfection" (Diggs/Woods) - 1:43
3. "Knowledge God" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:27
4. "Criminology" (Adams/Bascombe/Burgess/Coles/Diggs/Patterson/Woods) - 3:49
6. "Rainy Dayz" (Diggs/Woods) - 5:17
7. "Guillotine (Swordz)" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:21
8. "Can It Be All So Simple" (Wu Tang Clan) - 4:10
9. "Shark Niggas (Biters)" (Diggs/Woods) - 1:39
10. "Ice Water" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:02
12. "Verbal Intercourse" (Diggs/Woods/Jones) - 4:07
13. "Wisdom Body" (Diggs/Woods) - 2:34
14. "Spot Rusherz" (Diggs/Woods) - 3:51
17. "Heaven and Hell" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:57
18. "North Star (Jewels)" (Diggs/Woods) - 4:00

Hell Ya that album is the BEST solo project from WTC

diesel
05-07-2006, 12:24 PM
this cd is da bomb
lol listen to the intro in cna it be all so simple remix

Leo Angel
05-07-2006, 02:40 PM
OB4CL is my second best album ever (first is of course Enter The Wu-Tang:36 Chambers vroar: ). Criminology, Incarcerated Scarfaces, Rainy Dayz, Glaciers Of Ice, Ice Cream, Heaven & Hell, North Star, Wu-Gambinos are all time classics. Hands down...

THE W
05-11-2006, 10:38 PM
made a poll for cuban linx

12weLvE
05-11-2006, 10:59 PM
BEYOND a CLASSIC I would say.

GENERAL WISE
05-11-2006, 11:25 PM
DOPeness up the ass

Eddie Bronze
05-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Here's my review of Cuban Linx:

Rate it out of 10 where 10 is the best of all time and 1 is still better than every other album ever made and I'd give it 100. Fuck yeah! ^O^

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
05-21-2006, 02:53 PM
it gets better over time

deadlymelody
05-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Who the hell voted this album "banger"

Eddie Bronze
05-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Who the hell voted this album "banger"

A crack-head, that's who. Fucking haters! :loser:

believin
05-23-2006, 06:41 AM
perfect album... simply... perfect

Fayth
05-26-2006, 09:03 AM
another classic

TAURO
05-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Classic album but there's this one song I didn't love and it was "can it be so simple remix."

You smokin crack?, that track is a killa.

TUCO
05-26-2006, 09:32 AM
you just get lost in rza's beats on this album, you forget that theyre even rapping. it took me years to listen past the beats and actually listen to what rae was saying. i knew the album by heart but for some reason i didnt understand what i heard. i know that might make me look bad but its just a testiment of how complex the album is. an album that is putting Big on blast countless times always has my vote.

so true....after a nice dutchie i can just lose myself in the samples

Ghost Deini
05-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Can't say much that hasn't already been said but DEFINITE CLASSIC. Favorite Wu-Tang solo album along with Supreme Clitentele. Lou Diamonds and Tony Starks = DYNAMIC DUO

"yo I got a crazy idea to do clarks there, this is how you freak em, BOOM....now all you dye is dis shit right here boom...and this...any color you want but it'd be like, BLUE AND CREAM, nahmean?"

lol back in 96 when I got the vinyl I had no idea what Ghost was talkin about but still CLASSIC SONG/classic album

dirty-minded
06-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Hands down the greatest solo Wu-Tang album ever created. I can't wait for OBFCL 2.

deadlymelody
06-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Ummmmmm.......yyyyyyeah......best album ever..........

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
06-01-2006, 08:57 PM
*makes sniffin' sounds*

AHAHAHAHAHAH :dududu: :yessad:

this album is classic in every sense it reigns

:king:

long live the chef :chef:

Longbongcilvaringz
06-01-2006, 11:43 PM
classic

wilmington shogun
06-04-2006, 07:42 PM
who ever says this isnt a classic needs to kill themself.
2nd best album next to 36 chambers

Da Problem Child
06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
who ever says this isnt a classic needs to kill themself.

True statement

Da Dishonourable Don
06-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Illest Wu album next to Liquid Swordz!

tacle
06-09-2006, 11:15 AM
A classic!

WUHEADSINCE93
06-09-2006, 12:05 PM
G.O.A.T. very very good LP,its my favorite easy...classic

tancen
06-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Its a great album, no doubt but i think i like like Liquid Swords even more... 36 chambers is my all time favorite though...

tacle
06-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Sick album!

dirty-minded
06-15-2006, 12:28 PM
One of the greatest of all time. No doubt. The Can it All be So Simple remix was a dope track, same with Ice Cream, shit what am I talking about?? Every track was bangin!

357 NYC
06-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Gods Gift To Hip Hop....this Was All You Heard Out Of Every Car In Every Club And On Every Corner In Nyc The The Whole Summer --pretty Much The Whole Year It Dropped...wtf Happened In Nyc?

Anttu
06-16-2006, 04:26 PM
u don't have to skip tracks on this one! AAH and the John Woo's Killer samples.. !! and ghost's verse in can it all be so simple is one of the illest in game!

Da Problem Child
06-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Yea one of the greatest ever made.I like Illmatic better though.Cuban Links had to grow on me.As soon as i heard Illmatic i loved it,but anyway Cuban Links is one of the best ever made

ShaDynasty
06-16-2006, 06:26 PM
its a very complex record
rza crafted it to perfection with the beats, the various samples, and the movie dialogue
raekwon drops the scientific criminal slang stories and its a rap
a movie on wax
definetly in my top ten records, and possibly the best rcord of all time (illmatic is pretty much equal though)

UNCLE RUCKUS
06-16-2006, 06:34 PM
one Of The Best If Not The Gem Of The Whole Shit

tancen
06-17-2006, 06:00 AM
cuban linx is without doubt one of the greatest hip hop albums ever... bur theres one thing that i find very annoying about it. The singing of blue raspberry! i really think she destroys glaciers of ice with her totally out of tune singing... i know many of u disagree with me on this one, but i really don't like it... is it supposed to be that way?

ps how do you make that voting box appear on new threads?

ShaDynasty
06-17-2006, 11:53 AM
cuban linx is without doubt one of the greatest hip hop albums ever... bur theres one thing that i find very annoying about it. The singing of blue raspberry! i really think she destroys glaciers of ice with her totally out of tune singing... i know many of u disagree with me on this one, but i really don't like it... is it supposed to be that way?

^^^wrong 4 dat
that singing is totally sick dude!

deadlymelody
06-17-2006, 02:30 PM

No way. She was great on Rainy Dayz and Glaciers of Ice.

tacle
06-17-2006, 02:49 PM
No way. She was great on Rainy Dayz and Glaciers of Ice.
I agree with deadly here, she is so sick on those tracks, her vocals make the tracks so good, ecspecially on Glaciers Of Ice, she's great on that.

tancen
06-17-2006, 06:20 PM
ok i know you guys like it but i think glaciers of ice would have been better if her singing was in the same key as the rest of the song... she can without a doubt sing, but its totally wrong! On rainy dayz, her singing matches the rest of the song... but not on glaciers of ice.

Grongle
06-18-2006, 04:34 AM
dope album ^O^ Classic ^O^

Leo Angel
06-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Blue Raspberry singing on Rainy Dayz, Glaciers Of Ice and Heaven & Hell is simply incredible. She added soul to these tracks.

tancen
06-18-2006, 04:05 PM
who voted wack??

Oztradamus
06-21-2006, 12:57 AM
who voted wack??

I did... :thumbup:

Seborth
06-21-2006, 01:16 AM
It's great classic album 10/10 !! I can say now thats the best Wu solo relase, and damn one of greaters rap albums of all the time, maybe its the best up with Enter The Wu!

tancen
06-21-2006, 12:32 PM
I did... :thumbup:

why?

Grongle
06-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Its A Classic Album Y Wack ??

smokebongoncliff
06-21-2006, 01:28 PM
tracks 1 thru 8 are the most solid 1 thru 8 tracks ive ever heard on a official LP. if ya na meahn

tacle
06-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Blue Raspberry singing on Rainy Dayz, Glaciers Of Ice and Heaven & Hell is simply incredible. She added soul to these tracks.

Hold that.

IsMaR
07-16-2006, 06:04 PM
greatest rap album

Da Dishonourable Don
07-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Only Built for Cuban Linx is an album for everybody, that shit is thugged out, lyrical, knowledgeable, conscious, hype, bitches dig it, and the most important factor, Rza produced it, some of his best work's on this album, so whoever said that this album's whack, should just quit listening to hiphop and stick to Britney Spears!

IsMaR
07-17-2006, 05:50 PM
i think they did it just to piss me off

Oztradamus
07-18-2006, 04:15 AM
"Cuban Linx 2, Rockstars and Smoking Barrells watch out for it" - RZA

abasi
07-18-2006, 09:13 AM
the first wu classic

deadlymelody
07-18-2006, 12:48 PM
^
36 Chambers? Tical?

tacle
07-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Nah Tical ain't a classic for me, but i guess it can be called a classic.

Tical.... bare overated.

Leo Angel
07-18-2006, 04:41 PM
the first wu classic

Sorry man but have you heard about albums called Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), Tical and Return To The 36 Chambers?? I hope you did...

bliss01
08-07-2006, 09:29 PM
lol tru angel tru... but this is a very nice album...

abasi
08-08-2006, 07:55 AM
classic

Iron Man
08-08-2006, 02:52 PM
I never saw the whole movie concept in the album off course i heard the album. Off course its in my Top 5 album list. Off course the beats and lyrics are of the chain. But i never understood this whole storyline thats supposed to be in the album. For me every track is a alone standing story told by Rae and his accomplices. So can anybody tell me how to 'listen' to the album to understand it fully.

The Wizzard
08-08-2006, 02:57 PM
my buddy and I loved that album so much we used to do coke lines off of it, lol, good times

THE W
08-08-2006, 03:03 PM
I never saw the whole movie concept in the album off course i heard the album. Off course its in my Top 5 album list. Off course the beats and lyrics are of the chain. But i never understood this whole storyline thats supposed to be in the album. For me every track is a alone standing story told by Rae and his accomplices. So can anybody tell me how to 'listen' to the album to understand it fully.
the whole "its like a movie" statement is spoken metaphorically. dont take it too seriously.

The Wizzard
08-08-2006, 03:07 PM
if you look at the movie idea it's pretty interesting, because everything means somthing, like the scarface quote at the beginning of criminology is suposed to be people pissed off at Lex and Tony cause they tryin to get outta the game, roll a joint, turn off all the lights (maby keep a black light on) and listen to the album all the way through, it's a real fuckin expierence.

B.O.N.E.
08-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Every song is nasty, this is definatly a classic. My favorites:

4. "Criminology" (Adams/Bascombe/Burgess/Coles/Diggs/Patterson/Woods) -

My favorite on the whole album is definatly Wu-Gambinos, by far.

One and Only
08-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Best album ever made bumping it right now right after I got done bumping Illmatic. Those two are the best albums in history.

SMOKE BLUNTS
08-20-2006, 08:48 AM
this shit is the gansta shit! I love it! for the 3 people who said it sucks eat a fat shit and rae will blast your faggot asses!

11th Chamber
09-01-2006, 05:35 PM
the whole movie concept of the album has always confused me too. I read in an interview that Raekwon did a few years back and he tryed to explain it. Still made no sense tho. Supposedly in track 2 (Knuckleheadz), it ends with U-God dieing in a car accident.

akademics101
09-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Supposedly in track 2 (Knuckleheadz), it ends with U-God dieing in a car accident.

So I guess he won't be in the sequel huh ??

grimey
09-17-2006, 07:46 PM
purple tape= the shit........

TSA
09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Nah Tical ain't a classic for me, but i guess it can be called a classic.

Tical.... bare overated.

word, but it's still a classic, i hold it as the classic standard bearer, like, you have to be better then tical to be a classic in my book.

TSA
09-20-2006, 12:17 PM
the whole movie concept of the album has always confused me too. I read in an interview that Raekwon did a few years back and he tryed to explain it. Still made no sense tho. Supposedly in track 2 (Knuckleheadz), it ends with U-God dieing in a car accident.

"Slugs hit my pele pele, sucka try'd to knock me out the box like skele"

He got shot, fell and his girl took his money to by nails and hair weaves

The story line makes sense to me, but some parts don't fit like Guillotine, but no mob flick has a real "plot" it's just always a segment in someone's life

grimey
09-27-2006, 04:18 PM
cuban linx is the best wu album ever!

John John Blaizini
09-28-2006, 11:51 AM
the most cinematic album ever in hiphop

Pelle
11-04-2006, 08:47 AM
To me it's a classic. Raekwon is ill as fuck. 9/10.

Wu Tang, Wu Tang.

RZArector_mnt
11-05-2006, 03:21 AM
To me it's a best album. Perfect lyrics and sound!!!

Lil' Ruger
11-05-2006, 03:58 AM
wu-gambinos was tight
ice cream was nice
guillotine was classic
and criminology was insane

Sean
11-05-2006, 08:55 AM
10/10.

Every song is a classic, not a single skippable track.

My favourite song is probably Knowledge God. The violin or whatever in the intro and chorus is sick.

11th Chamber
11-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Not one bad track.

10/10 classic.

Negative Plethora
11-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Classic

Battle 1
11-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Man, Cuban Linx basically = one of the flyest albums ever str8 up.

When the album itself actually came out that shit had such a big influence on hip-hop and mad peoples lives that it aint even funney. That album was damn near revolutionary, fuck classic it's more than that even.

Revolutionary is what it is, cause at that specific time in the hip-hop game or scene wasn't nothing else in the game even close to it, or that came even close to touching it at that time of it's release.

:spin:

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
the most cinematic album ever in hiphop

i feel the same way...Spot Rusherz is a crazy song :) Rae will never top this I'm afraid

racist randy
04-06-2007, 01:57 PM
"Slugs hit my pele pele, sucka try'd to knock me out the box like skele"

He got shot, fell and his girl took his money to by nails and hair weaves

The story line makes sense to me, but some parts don't fit like Guillotine, but no mob flick has a real "plot" it's just always a segment in someone's life

I read in a XXL interview that Guillotine was a track that just introduced new ppl that they were working with, you see Gza and Deck are in the Sequel...

The Hound
04-15-2007, 01:54 PM
LOL 4 votes for wack ... i didnt kno g-unit were members of this site ...

Fresh Breath
04-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Absolute Wu Classic... I can listen to the whole album without skippin any of the tracks!!!... Criminolgy... 5/5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liquid_1_
05-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Striving For Perfection - good skit
Knuckleheadz - 10/10
Knowledge God - 10/10
Criminology - 10/10
Incarcerated Scarfaces - 10/10
Rainy Dayz - 10/10
Guillotine - 10/10
Can It all be so simple - 9.9/10
Ice Water - 10/10
Glaciers Of Ice - 10/10
Verbal Intercourse - 10/10
Wisdom Body - 10/10
Spot Rusherz - 10/10
Ice Cream - 10/10
Wu-Gambinos - 10/10
Heaven and Hell - 10/10
North Star(Jewels) - 10/10

169.9/170 i rank this classic top 3 all time.great CD.

Frank Drebin
06-16-2007, 02:33 PM
mind blowing classic. top 5 wu albums all time. one of the greatest albums in hip hop history. nuff said

Afficial_Nastee
06-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Raekwon at his best on all tracks (except Can it Be All So Simple remix), Ghostface killed it on Criminology, Verbal Interourse, Ice Water and Ice Cream.
Method Man has a mad flow on Wu Gambinos and Nas performance on Verbal Intercourse is ill
This is a dope classic album for sure one of 'em mid 90's Wu-Banga's.

grimey
06-16-2007, 03:34 PM
great album one of the best of all time

SWAMP WATER
06-16-2007, 03:43 PM
we already know this.Wasted thread.

INS
07-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Raekwon at his best on all tracks (except Can it Be All So Simple remix), Ghostface killed it on Criminology, Verbal Interourse, Ice Water and Ice Cream.
Method Man has a mad flow on Wu Gambinos and Nas performance on Verbal Intercourse is ill
This is a dope classic album for sure one of 'em mid 90's Wu-Banga's.
I know it isn't as good as the original but CIBASS remix isn't a BAD track by any means.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-04-2007, 08:38 PM
The albums is flawless... And every track is perfect, and I love the ending track, Northstar, when the verse start.... the Wu Tang production, Rae is sayin, while the beat having orgasm in ya membranes.... The shit aint nuttin to fuck with!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-05-2007, 01:37 PM
but Rae shows on later realeses he can be better (Ironman, Forever, Immobilarity,...)

still a classic though

Heaven & Hell is my shit

bad boy T
07-10-2007, 08:32 AM
North Stars a great song.
It just shows Raekwon can break it down slow or fast

Nick Fury
07-12-2007, 10:21 PM
classic status

baritone
07-12-2007, 11:04 PM
this is the definition of a movie on wax, very cinematic feel to it

^^ this is an understatement

deck's verse on guillotine = out the box devastation

Suga Duga
07-13-2007, 04:09 AM
one of the greatest albums ever

HarlemDiplomat
07-15-2007, 08:57 AM
i feel the same way...Spot Rusherz is a crazy song :) Rae will never top this I'm afraid

True, maybe not in the future, he got about a good year or two to try. From what I've heard lately hes gotten really good.

To me OB4CL = classic.

The album tells a story. And it brought the realism. I like the part where hes shopping and saying hes gonna get these shoes and ect. lol, reminded me of myself.

This is the definition of hip-hop.

Matter of fact, I'm gonna listen to it right now.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-15-2007, 09:19 AM
I hope OB4CLII will be at least a banger....cuz its a brand, its a name, its a fuckin legacy, man, u feel me?

HarlemDiplomat
07-15-2007, 09:50 AM
I hope OB4CLII will be at least a banger....cuz its a brand, its a name, its a fuckin legacy, man, u feel me?

Word, it'll be a shame if it don't sound hott cause RZA+Dre and Rae been getting better... also the climate is perfect.

Man, he has all the tools to make another classic.

But more than likely people wont just take it for what it is, they'll be constantly comparing it to the original.

Sad but true.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Yup, that's a problem today. I wonder why people don't agree with me when I say that Illmatic is Nas' classic, but it isn't his best work (I think It Was Written, Stillmatic and God's Son has his best lyrics...)

The same goes with 8 Diagrams...and the whole Wu-Tang Story...there will never b another LS or Forever, but damn, can't u appreciate good music? I think that some people are just too dumb for music and keep talking shit on new albums, just because there isn't the same vibe as the last one...

NinjaBlakk
07-20-2007, 12:54 AM

wow money grip.. you dont like northstar..?? that track is like jesus came back.. when i first heard that joint back in '95 i was like daaamn.. that beat is pure inner city wu drama right there.. shit almost put a tear in a nigga eye.. for reals..

NinjaBlakk
07-20-2007, 01:00 AM
yeah this thread is kind of a waste.. we already know this album is timeless.. and there isnt too much you can say to solidify that even further.. but then again i guess you can.. cause this thread is ten pages long..lol

question though.. why yall niggaz type OBFCL ..when i first saw that shit on the forum..hell i wasnt even in this thread ..i aint know what the fuck yall was talkin bout ..took me a second to realize yall was talkin bout cuban linx..shit some niggazwas typing OBF4CL confusin me even further.. i though it some online code for some contest or something... why yall cant just type cuban linx.. or purple tape...??

crazy ass online niggaz..LOL much love niggaz!!

OH an any of yall niggaz that voted on the polls that this album is anything less than a banga.. yall niggaz is some soft ass faggot ass bitch ass pussies..and yall gay.. and dont lemme see yall niggas .. go eat a fat dick ya homos!! i dont like niggaz like yall.. get the fuck off the site.. yall should be fuckin banned.. ALL 4 OF YOU!! LOL.. shit aint funny neither

baritone
09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
i heard somewhere that there's an interview wit rae explaining the storyline of OB4CL, anybody got a link? please

THE W
09-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Word, it'll be a shame if it don't sound hott cause RZA+Dre and Rae been getting better... also the climate is perfect.

Man, he has all the tools to make another classic.

But more than likely people wont just take it for what it is, they'll be constantly comparing it to the original.

Sad but true.
raekwon said in the 06 scratch article that this album was gonna crush the first one so he's putting lofty expectations on the album just as much as anyone.

baritone
09-07-2007, 12:09 PM
i heard somewhere that there's an interview wit rae explaining the storyline of OB4CL, anybody got a link? please

The 13th Jewel
09-10-2007, 09:59 PM
OB4CL is part of the golden seven, and will always be a timeless album. Raekwon may never make an album this good, but Im still holding out faith for the sequel. Ghostface's appearances on here are on par with Rae's verses. Instant classic, need I say more?

10/10

"What do you believe in, heaven or hell? You don't believe in heaven cuz were livin' in hell" - Heaven & Hell

One and Only
09-10-2007, 10:26 PM
This album is so good I could come here everyday and talk about how amazing it is CLASSIC ALBUM PERIOD

shinobi4227
09-10-2007, 11:03 PM
No doubt son, am bangin it right now yo

ALCATRAZ
09-10-2007, 11:45 PM
this is my favorite album of all time sometimes its illmatic but most of tha time its OB4CL......when i think Wu Tang i think of this album...

Nick Fury
09-12-2007, 11:31 PM
this album is like the perfect equation ,, fucking untouchable shit from begining to end

One and Only
09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
A Classic album only rivaled by the likes of Illmatic and Liquid Swords

fenixconnexion
09-23-2007, 04:11 PM
3rd favorite album of all time, knowledge god, criminlogy, incarcerated scarfaces, wu gambinos, guillotine are my favorite tracks

The 13th Jewel
09-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Incarcerated Scarfaces is my favorite solo track all time from the Wu. Lets connect politik ditto!

crust
09-26-2007, 01:20 PM
classic. no question.

elantratuner
09-27-2007, 02:29 PM
it's a good album and i don' want to offend anybody but why is it i like ironman, liquid swords and tical 1 more than this? that albums seems more varied, i guess

OB4CL is my fav album of all time but props on Tical though. Rawwww gritty, goes with Method Man well definitely a slept on album.

One and Only
09-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah I love Tical to death along with Ironman and Liquid Swords. All amazing albums. AMAZING!

hom1e
09-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Definitely Classic, every single track is great, but my favorite song is Heaven & Hell.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-28-2007, 11:01 AM
but my favorite song is Heaven & Hell.

no it isn't

hom1e
09-28-2007, 12:04 PM
no it isn't

Maybe for u, but for me this is the best song of the album ;)

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-28-2007, 01:26 PM
no.

I'm talking about u.

it just isn't. I'm even denying u like OB4CL....why you lying, dog?

hom1e
09-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Why i soposed to lying you or anybody about this? I see you just tryin' to hate me but i don't know why, u acting like u now me? If u don't like me say why, sun.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
don't u know who I am...I'm the lying bunny from Wonderland, I fucked Alice in her special place...

u a NeThug, r ya? catchin' mad crazy feelings

d fresh
09-28-2007, 06:05 PM
cuban linx is classic material that sounds better as it ages. Peace

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-29-2007, 01:41 AM
damn, some smart dumb cats in here......duuuuh

bad boy T
10-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Classic 5/5 for every track

Best Album I got

Durag
10-01-2007, 08:51 AM
This thread is pointless really

tidileboss
10-04-2007, 02:32 AM
in ice cream videos, is cappadonna's neck broken? his head is stiff

Krimewave
10-04-2007, 08:43 AM
best Hip Hop album of all time.

THE W
10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
knuckleheads 8/10
knowledge god 10/10
criminolgy 10/10
incarerated scarfaces 7/10
rainy days 10/10
guillotine swords 9/10
can it be all so simple remix 8.5/10
ice water 10/10
glaciers of ice 10/10
verbal intercourse 10/10
wisdom body 9/10
spot rusherz 9/10
ice cream 9/10
wu gambinos 10/10
heaven and hell 10/10
north star 9/10(kinda dissapointing learning that this was sort of a jack)

what more needs to be said. my favorite piece of music.

The 13th Jewel
10-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Every track to me is 10/10. One of the very, very few solid albums ever released.

bad boy T
10-18-2007, 06:04 AM
One of the best hip hop albums ever

baritone
10-29-2007, 07:24 PM

baritone
10-29-2007, 07:26 PM
was irv gotti in the ice cream video?

One and Only
10-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Classic and I listened to all three of Raes albums last night.

Visionz
10-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Anyone ever notice the foundation for the beat for Glaciers of Ice is a sample from the original Legend of Zelda on the NES? just curious, the album's a classic, timeless, hasn't lost its flavor at all

HarlemDiplomat
10-30-2007, 05:11 AM
was irv gotti in the ice cream video?

I don't know, was he?

His show on VH1 is weak...

LuckyTheWonderDog
10-30-2007, 12:13 PM
There's 16 lunatics on this site. Scary.

urbanlegend
11-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Classic! No questions asked.

bad boy T
11-05-2007, 07:47 AM
This will always be a classic

KERZO
11-22-2007, 07:45 AM
This album is timeless and who-ever voted it a 'banger' or 'wack' should get hunted down and slapped with a kipper in the face

Martial-Expert
11-22-2007, 10:59 AM
the music in the album is amazing...its like something composed for a film...RZA established himself as a LEGEND wen he did this masterpiece!!!!
Rainy Dayz and many songs on the album sends chills up your back!!!
i remember weni first heard this cd....i cudnt belieave der was music so unbelieave as this even out there!!! nobody can ever knock raekwon....this is in the top 3 hip hop albums ever made...Raekwon is the realest member of d clan...peace

claaa7
12-09-2007, 10:49 AM
For me this will probably always be the best hip-hop album ever made, Illmatic being a close second and probably Liquid Swords on 3rd (no i ain't one of those who would include 5-wu albums on a top-10 albums of all time list, but you can't deny those 2 albums).

JerseyIronman
12-09-2007, 10:57 AM
For me this will probably always be the best hip-hop album ever made, Illmatic being a close second and probably Liquid Swords on 3rd (no i ain't one of those who would include 5-wu albums on a top-10 albums of all time list, but you can't deny those 2 albums).

dude... thats my top three as well. I thought I was reading my post at first. Except I dont know where 36 chambers fits in because that is also classic shit.

Anyone ever notice the foundation for the beat for Glaciers of Ice is a sample from the original Legend of Zelda on the NES? just curious, the album's a classic, timeless, hasn't lost its flavor at all

I have noticed it sounded alot like that Zelda tune, is it really sampled from it though?

camron4589
02-06-2008, 09:34 AM
this is the best wu solo effort ever

bad boy T
02-07-2008, 07:02 AM
In my opinion better than Illmatic

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
02-07-2008, 07:06 AM
wack http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar6-l.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar6.gifhttp://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/polls/bar6-r.gif 41.45%Voters: 275. You have already voted on this poll

lmao

gimmiedal00t
02-22-2008, 07:52 PM
For years I use to just skip Ice Waters then a couple of months ago I actually listened to it till the end and.........I was mad dumb this shit iz flames

DUMBO
02-22-2008, 08:35 PM
why both with a poll. shit is among the greatest hip hop albums ever.

p.s. rae should never ever diss rza based on the beats he received on this shit.

Mic Tyson
03-13-2008, 10:49 AM
great album, the beats r tight. its still taking me some time to actually listen to what rae is saying, still haven't gotten it yet

BGS
03-15-2008, 05:23 AM
classic 10/10

King Lizard
03-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Classic!

MainoffenderKZ
03-20-2008, 12:11 PM
my third wu tang favourite album
my top 5 is:
1. Enter the wu tang : 36 chambers
2. GZA - Liquid Sword
3. raekwon - cuban lynx
4. ODB - Return of the 36 chambers

MainoffenderKZ
03-20-2008, 12:12 PM
wtf....
5. TICAL - mef man

Maccabee Ridah
05-22-2008, 04:46 AM
raw rae shyt, 1 of the best albums in hip-hop history....
purest classic....

Twiztid-Wutang
06-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Raekwon isnt my favorite member, But besides 36 chambers THIS is the album that stamped Wu's legacy on the world.

In my opinion, The Addition of Guillotine (swordz) is ENOUGH to solidify this as a classic.

NinjaBlakk
12-28-2008, 03:32 AM
For years I use to just skip Ice Waters then a couple of months ago I actually listened to it till the end and.........I was mad dumb this shit iz flames

yeah you was type gay.. glad to see you stopped suckin dick and admitted your flaw though you need to be much harder on yourself..youre forgiven and we cool...nobody makes tracks like that no more especially not the RZA LOL!!!

Ticallion
01-01-2009, 02:11 AM
This album is a banger but I liked GZA's "Liquid Swords" more

Ticallion
01-01-2009, 02:14 AM
This album is a banger but I liked GZA's "Liquid Swords" more

Tommy
01-02-2009, 02:33 PM
I have to admit, when I first heard this album (after curiosity got the better of me) I didn't know what to think. The slang was miles too indecipherable to work out and I didn't rate Raekwon's rapping skills that highly compared to other Wu members.

But like every other major hip hop album I have spun (Illmatic, Paid in Full etc.), it took me a few listens to really delve into the record's beauty. The production is cinematically awesome, covering a wide range of emotions which in turn coincides with Raekwon and Ghost's amazing lyrics depicting every single strength (Knuckleheadz, Wu-Gambinos) and turmoil (Rainy Dayz, Incarcerated Scarfaces) of the criminal side of life.

All in all this truly is one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time, it may take time to brush off the dirt but once you get to the gem, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Peace

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-02-2009, 02:36 PM
it's a brilliant musical masterpiece.

but Raekwon wasn't as good as Ghost, Nas or Jay at that time. I can see how could Rae be better on the sequel.

andy_gza
01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I didnt see the gem this album was until a few years after it dropped. Now it easily ranks as one of the best rap albums ever made. despite it being by one of the lesser celebrated Wu members

Tony Bandana
01-11-2009, 11:09 AM
I just got into Wu ..I got around to buying evey Cd ths far even Sunz Of Man b4 this one? I hear its wack?

i guess i heard wrong lol

ONGH

Big Up Rae

Tony Starks

Twiztid-Wutang
01-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Okay, Im 25, years ago when this dropped, I was a youngin, THIS album taught me ALOT, The knowledge in this album showed me life, and much more.

To give you an Idea of what my favorite track is. I drew and created a character named Guillotine, for years Ive banged this track, and drew him a hundred times while listening to it.

NOMADTHEBUTCHER
01-23-2009, 03:39 AM
One Of The Best Hiphop Albums Ever!!

Chrism70
01-23-2009, 07:11 AM
One Of The Best Hiphop Albums Ever!!

I agree.

The last week I've been playing this album a lot for the first time in a year or more I guess and I forgot just how good Incarcerated Scarfaces and Rainy Dayz are!! Just those 2 songs make this album a classic and the rest of them are out of this world too!!

Two of the best Rap songs of ALL TIME!!

Anyone who doesnt have this album should buy it today!

17th chamber born
01-23-2009, 08:24 AM
HELLZ YEA!!!!

i was bout 8 years old when this came out.......and when i heard rainy dayz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was a wrap like christmas, gifts!!!!!

wu-gambinos is sicc..........incarcerated scarfaces: sicc............BUY MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SHIT!!!!! MY NUMBER ONE SHIT TILL THIS DAY!!!!!!!!
"GALCIERS OF ICE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont get no better

THE W
02-18-2009, 02:23 PM
LOL at the 4 trolls that voted wack.

Mysta
03-13-2009, 03:17 PM
One of the ILLest LP'z ever! It's In my top 8 albums.

pmack215
03-24-2009, 11:00 AM
like everyone else in the world, OB4CL is no doubt a classic!!!! i never heard anything like it before, & didnt even know hiphop could go to this level until RZA (yes, RZA) took me there w/ this album in '95.
2 semi-big issues i have:
one thing that disappoints me about this album though, is that i believe that raekwon, being that it is HIS album, should be "the star" of it......and HE'S NOT. to me, not only did GFK outshine rae, but he had more of a "presence". GFK had better lyrics, and that doesnt bother me much b/c GFK is the better lyricist.....but GFK also had longer verses and leads off on more songs. that shouldnt be, as far as i'm concerned. GFK is rae's guest, so rae should have more of a presence. so to me, GFK gave more & better material to OB4CL than rae did. and i know they're partners & all that, but thats kinda backwards to me.
the other thing....to me, the production (RZA) is really "the star" of the album. the best part is the soundscape. thats the part of the album that blows me away most. the beats FAR outshine rae's lyrics. OB4CL was RZA's vision. he made OB4CL what it is. RZA was the director. HE created it; not raekwon.
the reason this bothers me so much is b/c without RZA & these beats.......???????
rae couldnt make anything close to OB4CL w/o RZA. we saw what rae could do when he was the director, in full control (immobilarity).
so to me, that detracts from rae's legend. that takes away from his legacy...& from his resume. rae cant claim as much responsibility for OB4CL as RZA & GFK can.

killabee313
04-01-2009, 04:04 PM
amazin album my 2nd fav solo (1st bein "Liquid Swords").