PDA

View Full Version : Mouthwash and Cancer

diggy
01-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Mouthwash that contains alcohol has been linked to cancer, a recent study found.

The study, published in the Australian Dental Journal, concludes there is ``sufficient evidence'' that "alcohol-containing mouthwashes contribute to the increased risk of [the] development of oral cancer."
The ethanol in mouthwash is thought to allow cancer-causing substances to permeate the lining of the mouth more easily and cause harm.
Acetaldehyde, a toxic by-product of alcohol that may accumulate in the oral cavity when swished around the mouth, is also believed to be carcinogenic.

Some mouthwash contains as much as 26 percent alcohol.
The study's author ProfessorMichael McCullough told The Sunday Telegraph alcohol-containing mouthwash should be reclassified as prescription-only and carry written health warnings.
"We see people with oral cancer who have no other risk factors than the use of alcohol-containing mouthwash, so what we've done in this study is review all the evidence that's out there,'' he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479231,00.html

For more info : Click here to read more on this story (http://www.news.com.au//dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24896583-5001021,00.html)

ALCATRAZ
01-12-2009, 05:44 PM
i never forget when iw as like 12 a dentist told me 2 never use mouthwash, it was a crock....turns out he was right

Koolish
01-12-2009, 06:01 PM
damn, what about those pocket packs? those things can be helpful.

ALCATRAZ
01-12-2009, 06:05 PM
mouthwash hurts more than it helps....y u think dentists dont recommend that shit...unless they sell it at their clinic then that shit is tha holy grail of mouth care lol

V4D3R
01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Also - chewing gum man - I know some women that chew too much gum and it makes the mouth stink even more.

diggy
01-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Also - chewing gum man - I know some women that chew too much gum and it makes the mouth stink even more.
Glad you brought this up.

Has anyone ever read the ingredience on most gum labels?

Most contain asparatame and alcohols.

Research how poisonous asparatame is.

IrOnMaN
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
We can't use mouthwash and chewing gum. What's next, soap?

Mumm Ra
01-12-2009, 10:17 PM
I remember seeing a video of RZA dj'ing then tellin the crowd not to use soap with swine in it

EAGLE EYE
01-12-2009, 10:21 PM
What a bunch of paranoid FgTs you all are. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! you read a study buy an Australian with no credibility.

Go to the fucking supermarket and buy ACT. Its a mouth wash that doesnt contain alchohol.

None of you should be drinking beer or mixed drinks either.

EAGLE EYE
01-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I remember seeing a video of RZA dj'ing then tellin the crowd not to use soap with swine in it

I saw that. RZA wants to be the black version of "Moby"

PALEFORCE
01-13-2009, 07:43 AM
another common food in diets that causes cancer is baked potatos like chips and french fries and white bread. at cetain temperatures a mutatin occurs and creats a chemical called acrylamide.

Prolifical ENG
01-13-2009, 01:23 PM
We can't use mouthwash and chewing gum. What's next, soap?

many deodorants prevent us from releasing many toxins from our bodies so wearing deodorant is really harming us....theres another downside to hygiene products....lets work towards soap.

IrOnMaN
01-13-2009, 01:44 PM
many deodorants prevent us from releasing many toxins from our bodies so wearing deodorant is really harming us....theres another downside to hygiene products....lets work towards soap.

I suffer from excessive sweating. Even the strongest deodorant won't really help me but I have to wear it everyday. If I don't, my shirts will be soaked in my own sweat. Deodorant is a must for me.

Why make products if they're harmful?}:|

knewcheeze
01-13-2009, 02:22 PM
activated charcoal(carbon) is natures ultimate mouthwash

it can also be put into water stirred up and injested

it removes toxins like no other

its also the ultimate toothpaste

also if one starts a diet of nothing except raw organic fruits and veggies

and gets into that whole science....after a while bad breath and body odor will virtually vanish

odor denotes toxicity

check two
01-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah, and the aluminum that is in a lot of anti persperants has been proven to be linked to breast cancer and other things, as the body cannot handle the toxic amount of aluminum.

diggy
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I use spray deodorants to avoid aluminum, but there is probably toxic substances in that as well.

check two
01-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Well there are stick deodorants without aluminum in them too, more natural kinds.

diggy
05-11-2009, 03:05 AM
Now I'm back to the stick deodorant. The one without aluminum of course.

I've checked a lot of antiperspirants ingredients and most come with aluminum, so I choose deodorant only.

check two
05-11-2009, 03:18 AM
I used to use Tom's of Maine, but then I didn't like when they changed the formula some. Arm and Hammer has a stick deodorant also called Essentials, that they label as natural, but they put triclosan in it. lol

Kong
05-11-2009, 05:24 AM
"We see people with oral cancer who have no other risk factors than the use of alcohol-containing mouthwash, so what we've done in this study is review all the evidence that's out there,''

what about all the dick they sucked and arse they licked?

do me a favour...

diggy
10-12-2009, 05:20 PM
what about all the dick they sucked and arse they licked?

do me a favour...

Ya, there was also a study that linked oral sex with cancers especially in young people.

The HPV is held responsible.