PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting tired of school.

IrOnMaN
01-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I feel like I'm going no where. I've been in college ever since the fall of '04. I'll probably be finished by the end of this year. I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to attend college because some people don't get the chance too. I conducted undergraduate research in my area of study (Geology) last year, received research grants, and other things. The problem is I feel that the road to success is very far away and I'm never going to received that degree.

Now, I'm taking three courses. Arabic 3, Intermediate Writing (Bullshit), and Algebra with Trigonometry.

Math is the one thing that's holding me back. I HATE IT!!!!!!! If I could (I wish) place beyond Calculus I, I would be finished with school this summer. OMG!! In the spring/summer, I have to take a six week Geology Field course that is required. And that's going to cost me anywhere from $2000-$3500!

If I would've majored in something else like Anthropology, I would've been finished last year. I'm finished with all my physics, chemistry, and geology courses but it's the math shit that I don't like. I understand why I need it but damn.

I hope you guys aren't going through the same thing.

NIKLZ
01-12-2009, 09:52 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xf1QcHs4vGY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xf1QcHs4vGY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Olive Oil Goombah
01-12-2009, 09:54 PM
your almost done dude

Tyler Durden
01-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Yea, I'm going through that shit. I'm in my fourth year.

Doing my HNC in Building Studies, I wouldn't mind doing the shit but some of it isn't even relative to being an Architectural technician.
This is my last year then I'm fucking chillin the fuck out for a few years.

EAGLE EYE
01-12-2009, 10:04 PM
shoulda went to DuhvRy

EAGLE EYE
01-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Obama Hasnt Even Been Sworn Into Office And Ironman Has Already Given Up On Life.

snapple
01-12-2009, 10:40 PM
you've been doing this since 04 and you wanna give up now? you gotta find some strength....otherwise you wasted a lot of time and money...if this shit will make you happy and make you money then man up...its your life do whatever will benefit you the most

IrOnMaN
01-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Yea, I'm going through that shit. I'm in my fourth year.

Doing my HNC in Building Studies, I wouldn't mind doing the shit but some of it isn't even relative to being an Architectural technician.
This is my last year then I'm fucking chillin the fuck out for a few years.

That sounds great. I'm assuming there's a lot of geometry involved.

I've been going to school all year around. I have a total of 115 credits. In May '09, it'll be 127 credits. After that I'll have geology field camp and two math courses (pre-calculus and calculus I. I wish could take them both at the same time but I'm not sure if that's allowed).

ALCATRAZ
01-12-2009, 10:42 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xf1QcHs4vGY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xf1QcHs4vGY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
hahahahahahahahaha bump!

EAGLE EYE
01-12-2009, 10:45 PM
dead prez has no career as well in 2009.

unless they turn on obama. Then they can base their entire existence on jealousy.

IrOnMaN
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Obama Hasnt Even Been Sworn Into Office And Ironman Has Already Given Up On Life.

Lol.

you've been doing this since 04 and you wanna give up now? you gotta find some strength....otherwise you wasted a lot of time and money...if this shit will make you happy and make you money then man up...its your life do whatever will benefit you the most

I don't want to quit. I'm just getting frustrated with going to classes that I have no interest in. I'm happy that I don't have anymore bullshit labs and sciences courses. I just hope this year will fly by like last year.

I just want to be finished.

diggy
01-12-2009, 10:48 PM
People talk about doing what u like, but I differ.

Advice:

Aim for a job that pays. Preferably look to government jobs, hospital jobs, etc.

IrOnMaN
01-12-2009, 10:52 PM
^^No. I can't stand Hospitals.

But Geology is what I like (3.00 G.P.A. in major). I just don't like math.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-12-2009, 10:53 PM
DO what you like because your going to spend the rest of your life doing it.

If your all about money, than yes, go into the money fields, but if money isn't your be all, end all and you dont need to be rich, do what you want.

your almost done man. It would be more retarded to quit.

ALCATRAZ
01-12-2009, 10:57 PM
dead prez has no career as well in 2009.

unless they turn on obama. Then they can base their entire existence on jealousy.

you don't need a career when you are responsible for creating lets get free.....they've been ridin that wave for over a decade now, and still in peoples mouths no homo

IrOnMaN
01-14-2009, 02:00 PM
DO what you like because your going to spend the rest of your life doing it.

If your all about money, than yes, go into the money fields, but if money isn't your be all, end all and you dont need to be rich, do what you want.

your almost done man. It would be more retarded to quit.

It's not about the money at all. Geology is what I want to do. I'm done with all my geo courses and other sciences courses but it's the math that I don't like.

I'm kind of ashamed that I have not finished college last year. To me, it's important for me to complete this degree on time. Now, if I would've majored in something else, I've probably been finished last year. I would register to take some courses, then drop. Register again and then pass the class. I did that for General Physics 1, General Chemistry 1, and Beginning Algebra. I suck at math.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
So?? rarely do people enjoy subjects liek algebra.... i mean, i had to take those courses. I hated them to, but they are 100 level courses so you should be fine. Show up, pay attention and you will pass.

IrOnMaN
01-14-2009, 02:46 PM
So?? rarely do people enjoy subjects liek algebra.... i mean, i had to take those courses. I hated them to, but they are 100 level courses so you should be fine. Show up, pay attention and you will pass.

I guess. I passed Algebra. Now, I'm in Trigonometry. After this semester is over, I'll have only two more math courses. Then I'll be finished. Shit!}:|

HANZO
01-14-2009, 05:40 PM
i never understood why ppl stuggled with maths. ok its hard, but its not like you have to understand it. you jus practice the questions non-stop until its implanted into your memory. reason why i never stuggled with maths.

im pretty overloaded with work at the moment, along with my 40,000 word dissertation, i have 3 group projects to do, one of them is huge and really important and i been stuck with a group of incompetent hoes. i also have to prepare myself for 7 exams at the end of the year.

i didnt even stress when Honda pulled out of Formula 1, and i was working with the Honda team on my dissertation. so it kinda makes my job harder, cause i gotta do the complex shit on my own.

i always find a way to pull through all of this shit.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 05:42 PM
math just bores me. Its not that its hard, cuz if i sit down and put forth an effort like I want to learn it, its actually pretty cool and easy.

The problem is that its monotonous, boring, sterile and cold.

But thats my opinion. I admire mathematical genius's actually.