PDA

View Full Version : Chat

Tyler Durden
01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I posted this before but simply got told to fuck off, it was about a year ago or something

I just thought a small chat window at the top of the forum would stop all of the useless shit that gets put on here.

You know what I mean, a decent thread gets fucking sabotaged by people that wanna beef.

And all that space needs to be paid for.
This chat window costs like $5
http://www.tufat.com/s_flash_chat_chatroom.htm

Im not sure who buys it or installs it or even how good it is, but I just thought it would eliminate a lot of the cost of shitty diss posts that are on here because the posts on the chat window dont need to be saved, they can just vanish after 50 posts or something.

I understand that stupid posts will still happen, but if two or more people are online and wanna beef (and lets face it, 95% of this site is disagreement and beef) then they can just lash out at each other in the chat window.

Just an idea

Anyway, I just may go to bed as this is the third Fall Out Boy track to come on the TV and I cant take it.
Peace

Sicka than aidZ
01-13-2009, 12:45 AM
word good idea dog...."durden'z fight club window" hahaha

"1st rule about fight club window....u only talk shit in the fight club window"

Tyler Durden
01-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Wish more people felt the same way.
Thanks

Prince Rai
01-14-2009, 01:01 AM
By far one of the best ideas I've seen so far!! Why don't you draw up a petition and then show tomb that folk want that round here.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-14-2009, 02:24 AM
if Cilva doesn't post the instrumentals from I, I will never vote for this. Sorry.

Tyler Durden
01-14-2009, 03:54 AM
This one is free

ready-chatbox-1-3.zip (http://scripts.ringsworld.com/chat-scripts/ready-chatbox-1-3.zip)

Steps to install Ready ChatBox:

1.) Edit the settings.php file in the chatbox directory to fit your needs. Descriptions are given in the file.

2.) Upload the chatbox directory to your server.

3.) In your web browser, go to yoursite.com/chatbox/install.php
Click the "install" button, and continue doing what it says.

4.) Once you have installed successfuly, you need to login to the administration panel.
Once you do so, you will be given the code to include your chatbox in your php file.
To have your chatbox work, you need to put it on your (PHP) page.
The code should look something like this:
<?php
inclue('/home/user/public_html/path/to/chatbox/chatbox.php')
?>
5.) You are now done :)
Good luck and I hope this script works well for you :)
You can get support for this script at:
http://www.websiteready.net

Tage
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
it wont happen... chatboxes take up alot of memory aswell and will lag the forum out.

plus itll just be an instant messenger for tsa and skampoe to date each other in.

Tyler Durden
01-14-2009, 03:36 PM
hahaha
I kind of figured it would take the shit out of the forum and leave the real good stuff for posts and threads.

Thinking about it, it will probably just water down the forum a little.
I PM'd Tomb and put three x's at the end so if it happens it happens if it doesn't who gives a honey dipped fuck

Tage
01-16-2009, 03:55 AM
I PM'd Tomb and put three x's at the end

*;

Tyler Durden
01-16-2009, 01:24 PM
[no homo]I PM'd Tomb and put three x's at the end [/no homo]

Rame
01-16-2009, 02:26 PM
It could also work the other way and people could spam even more because they think it's ok.

Tyler Durden
01-16-2009, 08:56 PM
It's not gonna happen anyway.
It's like Drew Carey's jokes on 'Who's Line is it Anyway' it doesn't matter

Tage
01-17-2009, 11:04 AM
^hahahaha... true.

drew carey is like his own jokes - "he doesn't even matter"