PDA

View Full Version : The Neverending Jesus Discussion Thread

01-13-2009, 12:18 AM
PEACE

I'ma start this one of with the question: Would the REAL Jesus Christ

really claim, that ONLY He is the son of The Most High/GOD and nobody

else besides Him? Wouldn't it be a little bit too selfish?

iLLogik
01-13-2009, 12:24 AM
in christianity everyone is the son of god... our father...whoth art in heaven......

iLLogik
01-13-2009, 12:26 AM
so my thoughts would be; no. i think he would be in the form of an all-knowing entity with extreme humble attitude toward everyone, acting as a messenger or prophet for "god."

01-13-2009, 12:28 AM
so my thoughts would be; no. i think he would be in the form of an all-knowing entity with extreme humble attitude toward everyone, acting as a messenger or prophet for "god."
word

PEACE

01-13-2009, 12:38 AM
How about females? JC was a man, I assume a real man, and a real man has needs

that need fulfilling. Could he really withstand the beauty of a woman not wanting to

be in love/make love with/to her and having children and a family, like real man?

iLLogik
01-13-2009, 12:39 AM
i also believe he wouldnt come back announced...or even know his true identity....just a soul put into another shell with purity throughout his exsistence only here to spread the message of god

TSA
01-13-2009, 12:42 AM
i sure he was smashing guts in his da, dude had mad swagger

01-13-2009, 12:43 AM
i sure he was smashing guts in his da, dude had mad swagger
:lmao:word the mother

PEACE

iLLogik
01-13-2009, 12:45 AM

that need fulfilling. Could he really withstand the beauty of a woman not wanting to

be in love/make love with/to her and having children and a family, like real man?

??? why not??

unless he comes back exactly in the depictions of him in the bible as this guy who is floating with an aura around him turning things into wine and bread and walking on water...then he wouldnt have a use for a wife / sexual desires he'd be here simply to heal.........

if jesus were to come back he'd
a: probably already be here and not know his purpose
b: probably have a family already.

Visionz
01-13-2009, 01:00 AM

be in love/make love with/to her and having children and a family, like real man?some think Mary Magdalene was that chick (or atleast the dude who wrote the DaVinci Code made it up)

??? why not??

unless he comes back exactly in the depictions of him in the bible as this guy who is floating with an aura around him turning things into wine and bread and walking on water...then he wouldnt have a use for a wife / sexual desires he'd be here simply to heal.........

if jesus were to come back he'd
a: probably already be here and not know his purpose
b: probably have a family already.
holy shit, maybe I'm Jesus :lmao: on the real though, I feel saintly in my existence here on earth.

01-13-2009, 01:22 AM
some think Mary Magdalene was that chick (or atleast the dude who wrote the DaVinci Code made it up)

holy shit, maybe I'm Jesus :lmao: on the real though, I feel saintly in my existence here on earth.
nah, it's me:lmao:

Visionz
01-13-2009, 01:28 AM
nah, it's me:lmao:
I think we're both right :b

***edit, oh shit I took the jesus path on that response huh

01-13-2009, 01:35 AM
I think we're both right :b

***edit, oh shit I took the jesus path on that response huh
:lmao:

01-13-2009, 01:38 AM
OK, that leads to my next question: If Jesus would return, would he bear the same

name, wouldn't it be a little strange? Doesn't GOD have many names?

Urban_Journalz
01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
In Islam, Jesus (peace be upon him) was a man. A man from the same bloodline as Abraham (pbuh). So, we believe that upon his return (yes, Muslims believe in his return), he will have the same name. No one can slay the Anti-Christ, but Christ (pbuh).

Also, Islam teaches that Jesus (pbuh) was not killed, but he was raised unto Heaven while still alive in the Earthly sense and it was Judas who was made to look like Jesus (pbuh) and suffer the torment that he tried to exact upon one of God's Messengers. To most, this sounds far-fetched, but if you think about the word, "Justice", it makes perfect sense. Personally, I see that God has a great sense of humor when I look at the situation as well. So, personally, I would expect him to not only have the same name, but the same memories as well.

Peace

Mumm Ra
01-13-2009, 06:41 PM
I've yet to be convinced than Jesus as a human being existed at all

Urban_Journalz
01-13-2009, 08:56 PM

It's one of those things that you either believe in, or don't. Some things are felt, and others are experienced through the 5 senses.

Some people don't believe in God because they haven't seen or heard Him. Others because they say, "If He's up there, then why is He letting all of these things happen."

The bottom line is this, if you want to know, you'll know.

One of the most powerful ways to obtain answers that are otherwise unknowable, is through meditation.

iLLogik
01-13-2009, 11:26 PM
^ worddup.

01-14-2009, 02:08 AM
In Islam, Jesus (peace be upon him) was a man. A man from the same bloodline as Abraham (pbuh). So, we believe that upon his return (yes, Muslims believe in his return), he will have the same name. No one can slay the Anti-Christ, but Christ (pbuh).

Also, Islam teaches that Jesus (pbuh) was not killed, but he was raised unto Heaven while still alive in the Earthly sense and it was Judas who was made to look like Jesus (pbuh) and suffer the torment that he tried to exact upon one of God's Messengers. To most, this sounds far-fetched, but if you think about the word, "Justice", it makes perfect sense. Personally, I see that God has a great sense of humor when I look at the situation as well. So, personally, I would expect him to not only have the same name, but the same memories as well.

Peace
PEACE
It's one of those things that you either believe in, or don't. Some things are felt, and others are experienced through the 5 senses.

Some people don't believe in God because they haven't seen or heard Him. Others because they say, "If He's up there, then why is He letting all of these things happen."

The bottom line is this, if you want to know, you'll know.

One of the most powerful ways to obtain answers that are otherwise unknowable, is through meditation.

^ worddup.
co-sign

PEACE

zooruka
01-14-2009, 03:21 AM
Jesus Is God

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-14-2009, 03:29 AM
^^^
That statement belongs here

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70085 (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70085)

The "do you believe in anything that can't be proven?" thread.

01-14-2009, 03:30 AM
Jesus Is God
Yeah, so?

Mumm Ra
01-14-2009, 05:13 AM
Jesus Is God
hey me too.
looks like we got something in common.

01-14-2009, 08:51 AM
hey me too.
looks like we got something in common.
:lmao: word

sarr
01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
i think the people that lived with him, walked with him, talked with him, spoke the same language shared the same culture and watched him perform the myracles would know best...thats why i feel the authors of the bible have the best knowledge on who Christ really was.

I believe he was God manifested...but thats my (and billions of others) oppinion.

TSA
01-14-2009, 12:12 PM
why?
he's a real person, there's documented documents documenting ppl hanging out with the guy, hundreds of them, there's more proof to him existing then there is to YOU existing.

Koolish
01-14-2009, 12:54 PM
PEACE

I'ma start this one of with the question: Would the REAL Jesus Christ

really claim, that ONLY He is the son of The Most High/GOD and nobody

else besides Him? Wouldn't it be a little bit too selfish?
if you're talking to Christians, what you're saying makes no sense, Jesus IS God, so it's not being selfish, it's being realistic.

Mumm Ra
01-14-2009, 06:31 PM
why?
he's a real person, there's documented documents documenting ppl hanging out with the guy, hundreds of them, there's more proof to him existing then there is to YOU existing.
Actually, no, I have pictures of myself.

are there any of these documents outside of the Bible? I can't find any, I've looked. Actually I find it strange that of all the historians that would have existed in Jesus' day, not ONE felt it important enough to document this miracle worker who did such great things (outside of the Bible anyway, which I don't credit as an accurate source).
Anyways, like I said I've never been convinced, I won't say he did or didn't exist, but through my personal study it points to him not existing.
peace

sarr
01-14-2009, 07:01 PM
LUCID

you heard of Josefus Flavius? he wrote of Jesus from a historic point of view...1st hand account and even called him the son of God. The man wasnt a christian or a follower. He wrote about him in the jewish antiquities.

also im sure there were some Roman recounts of Jesus

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-14-2009, 08:00 PM
LUCID

you heard of Josefus Flavius? he wrote of Jesus from a historic point of view...1st hand account and even called him the son of God. The man wasnt a christian or a follower. He wrote about him in the jewish antiquities.

The section about Jesus in "Antiquities of the Jews" isn't there in the earliest versions of the book. It doesn't show up until the 4th century. What does that tell you?

Straight up forgery.

also im sure there were some Roman recounts of Jesus

How sure?

SHEM HETEP

01-15-2009, 04:09 AM
why?
if you're talking to Christians, what you're saying makes no sense, Jesus IS God, so it's not being selfish, it's being realistic.
I'm talking to anybody with an open mind. Realistic!? It's like I went right

now outside in the street and told everybody that I'm the son of god and

only through me u can go to heaven:lmao: the real Jesus would never say

that. Jesus tought justice, freedom, equality etc. and was to humble to

claim that only he was the son/child of god. We're all Most High's children

created in his own image no matter what colour, culture or country.

PEACE
Actually, no, I have pictures of myself.

are there any of these documents outside of the Bible? I can't find any, I've looked. Actually I find it strange that of all the historians that would have existed in Jesus' day, not ONE felt it important enough to document this miracle worker who did such great things (outside of the Bible anyway, which I don't credit as an accurate source).
Anyways, like I said I've never been convinced, I won't say he did or didn't exist, but through my personal study it points to him not existing.
peace
understood
The section about Jesus in "Antiquities of the Jews" isn't there in the earliest versions of the book. It doesn't show up until the 4th century. What does that tell you?

Straight up forgery.

How sure?

SHEM HETEP
word

PEACE

Mumm Ra
01-15-2009, 07:44 AM
and shaolinassassin, if you have any references to these hundreds of documented documents documenting ppl hanging out with the guy, I'll gladly check them out. I really have no bias towards whether he existed or not, it wont change anything in my world one bit either way.

WARPATH
01-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Druids called their God Hesus, which is another word for sun.

Hindus called their God Krishna, another word for sun, but in greek it's Kristos.

Roman emperor Constantine wanted to get handle on Rome so he put the two together.

Hesus Kristos

Jesus Christ

That's the dirty version, I was picking it up in some Egyptian book.......you guys believe what you want.
---------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I know about "Jesus"

There was some guy back in Palestine. he was a rebel and a "shaman", and he got lynched for knocking over tables of money in the synagogues.

01-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Druids called their God Hesus, which is another word for sun.

Hindus called their God Krishna, another word for sun, but in greek it's Kristos.

Roman emperor Constantine wanted to get handle on Rome so he put the two together.

Hesus Kristos

Jesus Christ

That's the dirty version, I was picking it up in some Egyptian book.......you guys believe what you want.
---------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I know about "Jesus"

There was some guy back in Palestine. he was a rebel and a "shaman", and he got lynched for knocking over tables of money in the synagogues.
interesting

krishna also means black

sarr
01-15-2009, 07:36 PM

the real Jesus would never say

that. Jesus tought justice, freedom, equality etc. and was to humble to

claim that only he was the son/child of god.

PEACE

cause you personally knew him so well?

sarr
01-15-2009, 07:38 PM
How come Jesus was born from a virgin...yet no other prophet was (not even Mohammed)??

only somebody devine would be born like that

Mumm Ra
01-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Heru of Kemet (Ancient Egypt) was said to be immaculately conceived thousands of years before

Urban_Journalz
01-15-2009, 11:37 PM
How come Jesus was born from a virgin...yet no other prophet was (not even Mohammed)??

That was his purpose. In The Qur'an, Allah tells us, "The likeness of Jesus is as the likeness of Adam. Allah said, "Be!" and he was." So, in truth, Jesus, upon whom be peace, was the second to be formed without an Earthly father.

Jesus, peace be upon him, was born of virgin birth for one reason, to solidify to his people that God was, is, ans will always be All-Powerful. Nothing is impossible to Him. Another fantastic verse in The Qur'an states, "Vision encompasses Him not, yet He encompasseth all vision."

So, it's simple. Jesus, peace be upon him, was a product of his destiny. As are we all.

01-16-2009, 01:18 AM
cause you personally knew him so well?
hahahahaha, yeah, we homies:lmao:. Nah, cause I think logically and

realistcly, that's why.
You believe that? You think something like that is possible? Think again...
Heru of Kemet (Ancient Egypt) was said to be immaculately conceived thousands of years before
PEACE
That was his purpose. In The Qur'an, Allah tells us, "The likeness of Jesus is as the likeness of Adam. Allah said, "Be!" and he was." So, in truth, Jesus, upon whom be peace, was the second to be formed without an Earthly father.

Jesus, peace be upon him, was born of virgin birth for one reason, to solidify to his people that God was, is, ans will always be All-Powerful. Nothing is impossible to Him. Another fantastic verse in The Qur'an states, "Vision encompasses Him not, yet He encompasseth all vision."

So, it's simple. Jesus, peace be upon him, was a product of his destiny. As are we all.
PEACE

sarr
01-16-2009, 04:02 AM
HAQ you dont believe Jesus was born from a virgin?

Adam was different...he was the first man...there was none before him. Where Jesus was actually God incarnated into the flesh, using the Mothe Mary as his vessel onto this earth...thats how i see it anyway.

01-16-2009, 05:28 AM

Adam was different...he was the first man...there was none before him. Where Jesus was actually God incarnated into the flesh, using the Mothe Mary as his vessel onto this earth...thats how i see it anyway.
Of course not. It's just pure common sense and it tellz me: "Impossible(4 U

2 defeat The GOD;))". Mary got knocked up by Joseph, simple as that:).

PEACE

sarr
01-16-2009, 05:30 AM
Arent yu muslim though? dontmuslims also believe mary was a virgin?

Mumm Ra
01-16-2009, 07:57 AM

do you believe all of mankind descended from Adam & Eve? I'm curious.

01-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Arent yu muslim though? dontmuslims also believe mary was a virgin?
Nope, I ain't no muslim, nor christian, jew, buddhist, atheist, krishna etc. I

ain't connected to no religion no more(I was christian), cause religion is

nuthin but a tool created to fool, control and separate us from one

another. The word "religion" comes from the word "religio" which means "to

separate", "to take possession of sth", "separation" etc. I'm just a

wanderer striving to live upright and righteous, seeking knowledge in all

aspects of life.

PEACE

Mumm Ra
01-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I've never heard of that etymology of the word religion...?
I know it as being the Latin prefix "re" (again, back) and "ligare" (to tie, bind, fasten).
In other words to tie people back to something with which they had originally been one with.

sarr
01-16-2009, 08:53 PM
no i dont believe in the story of adam and eve...i think it was a myth to be honest...an explanation as to why we are here.
and i can respect that HAQ..i like your stance on faith.

BTTR KNG KOOL
01-16-2009, 11:33 PM
All of them Jesus dudes are ok.

chinese jesus is prolly dopest.

http://godspace.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/jesus-raises-jairus-daughter-chinese.jpg

01-17-2009, 05:48 AM
no i dont believe in the story of adam and eve...i think it was a myth to be honest...an explanation as to why we are here.
and i can respect that HAQ..i like your stance on faith.
PEACE
All of them Jesus dudes are ok.

chinese jesus is prolly dopest.

http://godspace.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/jesus-raises-jairus-daughter-chinese.jpg
PEACE

spiggity_ace
01-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Jesus himself said that he is only A path to god, not THE path to god, this was changed in the bible, to literally attract more converters. Honestly I think kyle from south park said it best when he said if jesus was real or wasnt, hes had more impact on the world thatn anyone whos ever lived, and personally I think jesus was real, but his story has been changed drastically.

spiggity_ace
01-19-2009, 08:14 PM

not only jesus, krishna was said to have been born of a virgin and many other dieties, just google it.

01-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Jesus himself said that he is only A path to god, not THE path to god, this was changed in the bible, to literally attract more converters. Honestly I think kyle from south park said it best when he said if jesus was real or wasnt, hes had more impact on the world thatn anyone whos ever lived, and personally I think jesus was real, but his story has been changed drastically.
word

PEACE

Koolish
01-20-2009, 12:36 PM
prove it.

Mashallarts
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
not only jesus, krishna was said to have been born of a virgin and many other dieties, just google it.

Jesus' birth from a Virgin was a sign of God. As for the people of the time, they NEEDED a miracle to prove to them he was special otherwise they wouldn't have believed him...and a lot of them didn't (obviously). This does not make his status higher to any other Prophet of God, but reinforces the message he brought with him.

Have a look what the Quran says about the miracle birth of Jesus Christ and his Holy Mother Mary (Maryam) may God shower his blessings on both of them

1. Kaf. Ha. Ya. `Ayn. Sad.
2. (This is) a recital of the Mercy of thy Lord to His Servant Zakariya.
3. Behold! He cried to his Lord in secret
4. Praying: "O my Lord! Infirm indeed are my bones, and the hair of my head doth glisten with grey: but never am I unblest O my Lord, in my prayer to Thee!
5. "Now I fear (what) my relatives (and colleagues) (will do) after me: but my wife is barren: so give me an heir as from Thyself―
6. "(One that) will (truly) represent me, and represent the posterity of Jacob; and make him, O my Lord! one with whom Thou art well-pleased!"
7. (His prayer was answered): "O Zakariya! We give thee good news of a son: his name shall be Yahya: on none by that name have We conferred distinction before."
8. He said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son, when my wife is barren and I have grown quite decrepit from old age?"
9. He said: "So (it will be): thy Lord saith, `That is easy for Me: I did indeed create thee before, when thou hadst been nothing!' "
10. (Zakariya) said "O my Lord! Give me a Sign." "Thy Sign", was the answer "shall be that thou shalt speak to no man for three nights, although thou art not dumb."
11. So Zakariya came out to his people from his chamber: he told them by signs to celebrate Allah's praises in the morning and in the evening.
12. (To his son came the command): "O Yahya! Take hold of the Book with might": and We gave him wisdom even as a youth.
13. And pity (for all creatures) as from Us, and purity: he was devout
14. And kind to his parents, and he was not overbearing or rebellious.
15. So Peace on him the day he was born, the day that he dies, and the day that he will be raised up to life (again)!
16. Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.
17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them: then We sent to her Our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
18. She said: "I seek refuge from thee to (Allah) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah."
19. He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son."
20. She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?"
21. He said: "So (it will be): thy Lord saith `That is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': it is a matter (so) decreed."
22. So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.
23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: she cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! Would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!"
24. But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-free): "Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;
25. "And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: it will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.
26. "So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man say `I have vowed a fast to (Allah) Most Gracious, and this day will I enter into no talk with any human being.' "
27. At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). they said: "O Mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!
28. "O sister of Aaron! thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"
29. But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"
30. He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;
31. "And He hath made me Blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;
32. "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
33. "So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!
34. Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
35. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it "Be", and it is.
36. Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.
37. But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the Unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a momentous Day!
38. How plainly will they see and hear, the Day that they will appear before Us! but the unjust today are in error manifest!
39. But warn them of the Day of Distress, when the matter will be determined: for (behold) they are negligent and they do not believe!
40. It is We Who will inherit the earth, and all beings thereon: to Us will they all be returned.
41. Also mention in the Book (the story of) Abraham: he was a man of Truth, a prophet.
42. Behold, he said to his father: "O my father! why worship that which heareth not and seeth not, and can profit thee nothing?
43. "O my father! To me hath come knowledge which hath not reached thee: so follow me: I will guide thee to a Way that is even and straight.
44. "O my father! serve not Satan: for Satan is a rebel against (Allah) Most Gracious.
45. "O my father! I fear lest a Penalty afflict thee from (Allah) Most Gracious, so that thou become to Satan a friend."
46. (The father) replied: "Dost thou hate my gods, O Abraham? If thou forbear not, I will indeed stone thee: now get away from me for a good long while!"
47. Abraham said: "Peace be on thee: I will pray to my Lord for thy forgiveness: for He is to me Most Gracious.
48. "And I will turn away from you (all) and from those whom ye invoke besides Allah: I will call on my Lord: Perhaps, by my prayer to my Lord, I shall be not unblest."
49. When he had turned away from them and from those whom they worshipped besides Allah, We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and each one of them We made a prophet.
50. And We bestowed of Our Mercy on them, and We granted them lofty honour on the tongue of truth.
51. Also mention in the Book (the story of) Moses: for he was specially chosen and he was an messenger (and) a prophet.
52. And We called him from the right side of Mount (Sinai), and made him draw near to Us, for mystic (converse).
53. And, out of Our Mercy, We gave him his brother Aaron, (also) a prophet.
54. Also mention in the Book (the story of) Ismail: he was (strictly) true to what he promised, and he was a messenger (and) a prophet.
55. He used to enjoin on his people Prayer and Charity and he was most acceptable in the sight of his Lord.
56. Also mention in the Book the case of Idris: he was a man of truth (and sincerity), (and) a prophet:
57. And We raised him to a lofty station.
58. Those were some of the prophets on whom Allah did bestow His Grace― of the posterity of Adam, and of those whom We carried (in the Ark) with Noah, and of the posterity of Abraham and Israel― of those whom We guided and chose; whenever the Signs of (Allah) Most Gracious were rehearsed to them, they would fall down in prostrate adoration and in tears.
59. But after them there followed a posterity who missed prayers and followed after lusts: soon, then will they face Destruction―
60. Except those who repent and believe, and work Righteousness: for these will enter the Garden and will not be wronged in the least
61. Gardens of Eternity, those which (Allah) Most Gracious has promised to His servants in the Unseen: for His promise must (necessarily) come to pass.
62. They will not there hear any vain discourse, but only salutations of peace: and they will have therein their sustenance, morning and evening.
63. Such is the Garden which We give as an inheritance to those of Our Servants who guard against evil.
64. (The angels say:) "We descend not but by command of thy Lord: to Him belongeth what is before us and what is behind us and what is between: and thy Lord never doth forget"―
65. "Lord of the heavens and of the earth, and of all that is between them: so worship Him, and be constant and patient in His worship: knowest thou of any who is worthy of the same Name as He?"
66. Man says: "What! when I am dead, hall I then be raised up alive?"
67. But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?
68. So by thy Lord, without doubt, We shall gather them together, and (also) the Evil Ones (with them); then shall We bring them forth on their knees round about Hell;
69. Then shall We certainly drag out from every sect all those who were worst in obstinate rebellion against (Allah) Most Gracious.
70. And certainly We know best those who are most worthy of being burned therein.
71. Not one of you but will pass over it: this is, with thy Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished.
72. But We shall save those who guarded against evil, and We shall leave the wrongdoers therein, (humbled) to their knees.
73. When Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them, the Unbelievers say to those who believe "Which of the two sides is best in point of position? Which makes the best show in council?"
74. But how many (countless) generations before them have We destroyed, who were even better in equipment and in glitter to the eye?
75. Say: "If any men go astray, (Allah) Most Gracious extends (the rope) to them. Until, when they see the warning of Allah (being fulfilled)― either in punishment or in (the approach of) the Hour― they will at length realise who is worst in position, and (who) weakest in forces!
76. "And Allah doth advance in guidance those who seek guidance; and the things that endure. Good Deeds, are best in the sight of thy Lord, as rewards, and best in respect of (their) eventual returns."
77. Hast thou then seen the (sort of) man who rejects Our Signs, yet says: "I shall certainly be given wealth and children"?
78. Has he penetrated to the Unseen, or has he taken a promise with (Allah) Most Gracious?
79. Nay! We shall record what he says, and We Shall add and add to his punishment.
80. To Us shall return all that he talks of, and he shall appear before Us bare and alone.
81. And they have taken (for worship) gods other than Allah, to give them power and glory!
82. Instead, they shall reject their worship, and become adversaries against them.
83. Seest thou not that We have set the Evil Ones on against the Unbelievers, to incite them with fury?
84. So make no haste against them, for We but count out to them a (limited) number (of days).
85. The day We shall gather the righteous to (Allah) Most Gracious, like a band presented before a king for honours.
86. And We shall drive the sinners to Hell, like thirsty cattle driven down to water―
87. None shall have the power of intercession, but such a one as has received permission (or promise) from (Allah) Most Gracious.
88. They say: "(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten a son!"
89. Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous!
90. At it the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin.
91. That they should invoke a son for (Allah) Most Gracious.
92. For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) Most Gracious that He should beget a son.
93. Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to (Allah) Most Gracious as a servant.
94. He does take an account of them (all), and hath numbered them (all) exactly.
95. And every one of them will come to him singly on the Day of Judgment.
96. On those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, will (Allah) Most Gracious bestow Love.
97. So have We made the (Qur'an) easy in thine own tongue, that with it thou mayest give Glad Tidings to the righteous and warnings to people given to contention.
98. But how many (countless) generation before them have We destroyed? Canst thou find a single one of them (now) or hear (so much as) a whisper of them?

dezmond
01-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Wasnt Jesus changed in the Bible 'to Son of god' from 'sun-god'?

something i heard a while back...

sarr
01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
why wuld i take the qurans word over the Holy Bible?

the Bible contains recounts of Christ FROM the time of Jesus...from people who shared culture, language and customs with Him...where the koran was written nearly 600 years after the fact...and came from a different land, culture, language

01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Wasnt Jesus changed in the Bible 'to Son of god' from 'sun-god'?

something i heard a while back...
hmmm, that would make sense:learning:

sarr
01-20-2009, 02:53 PM
^
everyone always comes up withthose kinda claims...tryna discredit the Bible. Ive never really seen much evidence.

dezmond
01-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Sarr ^^ Take it you've got evidence the Bible is 100% fact & truth...

Do you honestly expect you get to Heaven by believing everything word for word line for ine verse for verse etc blindly following a book and showing no intelligence or initiative or whatever??

Get the fuck out sheep....

God isnt stupid and expects us to follow his lead..

Peace

sarr
01-20-2009, 03:15 PM
^
i never said any of that dumb shit. I believe Jesus was God on earth...and that the Bible has clearer hisorical recounts of Christ than the Koran which was written 600 years later after His death.

spiggity_ace
01-20-2009, 07:08 PM
why wuld i take the qurans word over the Holy Bible?

the Bible contains recounts of Christ FROM the time of Jesus...from people who shared culture, language and customs with Him...where the koran was written nearly 600 years after the fact...and came from a different land, culture, language

The bible wasnt written during the time of jesus, they were about 40-100 years after he died. Although this is debated as well.

this is some proof, I know it's wikipedia but it has references stated
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel#Origin_of_the_canonical_Gospels

I have seen on the discovery channel scientists talking about the gospels being written 2-3 hundred years after the fact but I cant find anything about that on google at the moment.

and to the guy who asked for proof, I know this is a youtube video but i am really tired today ill come back with some more proof but here's some, ill find the path to god thing at a later time
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=J77T2w-zSCs

this is some further reading, ya it could be classified as conspiracy theory but theirs some nice facts in here
http://jordanmaxwell.com/articles/religion/index.html

Mashallarts
01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
So if Jesus was God on earth, then when he was (according to Christianity) being crucified he said "ELI ELI LAMA SABACHTANI" - My Lord My Lord, why hast thou forsaken me? ......

was he talking to himself on the cross????

Visionz
01-20-2009, 07:21 PM
my take on it is that it matters little whether Jesus was a historical fact or a fairy tale, at the very core of his teachings is a universal love and respect.

The practice of universal love and respect is our salvation not simply belief in Jesus as the Son of God. I think anyone who doesn't truly understand that hasn't read their Bible enough or they're just missing the point altogether. The message of Jesus is bigger than Christianity. Actions will always speak louder than words.

spiggity_ace
01-20-2009, 07:22 PM
^
everyone always comes up withthose kinda claims...tryna discredit the Bible. Ive never really seen much evidence.

I agree with you, I think the illuminati or the elites as they're called have diluted the message of the bible and all the world religions, tried to change them because the illuminati are supposedly descendants from the babylonians, they believe in the sun god, and so wut would be easier than changing the holy books to show that the main prophet or god is originally the sun god, I could write a whole book on this but im not that focused lol, but I believe that they are trying to move people away from religion, this is evident in schools, they try to take away god in many books and even the canadian national anthem, while doing this they introduce stuff like harry potter which could be classified as witchcraft and make it seem cute and nice, and even in childrens literature they put in occultic messages right in the clear.

spiggity_ace
01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
So if Jesus was God on earth, then when he was (according to Christianity) being crucified he said "ELI ELI LAMA SABACHTANI" - My Lord My Lord, why hast thou forsaken me? ......

I always wonder this myself and why he is referred to as the son of god and then referred to as god, but whther he was real or not as the poster above me said, his message is what shoulld be taken into account, and once again i believe he was a real person.

Mumm Ra
01-20-2009, 08:47 PM
I think it's silly how xmas is celebrated on the winter solstice, the time when the night is at it's longest (the sun is dead) and easter is celebrated at the time when the days just start to be longer than nights (sun is born)
peace

sarr
01-21-2009, 12:00 AM

ok, my take on it, simple.

God manifested to man...so he had to have man like qualities on THIS EARTH. He needed to show people that even in times such as trying as that(being crucified), people are likely to question and yell out to God. He showed us that even when we believe we have been betrayed...you need to keep believing in Him...and this was evident when he rose again and then all of a sudden, a group of once depressed, monothesic hardline jews (apostles) became christians because of the fact that they witnessed the resurection of a man, who came back in God like form.

remember, the concept of Christ as God on earth isnt an easy one...He tried to make it as easy as possible to follow...but some people just cant get it, thats why they goto or stick to other religions that are more simple.

sarr
01-21-2009, 12:04 AM
The bible wasnt written during the time of jesus, they were about 40-100 years after he died. Although this is debated as well.

this is some proof, I know it's wikipedia but it has references stated
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel#Origin_of_the_canonical_Gospels

I have seen on the discovery channel scientists talking about the gospels being written 2-3 hundred years after the fact but I cant find anything about that on google at the moment.

and to the guy who asked for proof, I know this is a youtube video but i am really tired today ill come back with some more proof but here's some, ill find the path to god thing at a later time
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=J77T2w-zSCs

this is some further reading, ya it could be classified as conspiracy theory but theirs some nice facts in here
http://jordanmaxwell.com/articles/religion/index.html

40 years after the fact? SOME were yes...but that doesnt mean anything. If you followed Christ as a 20 year old, then wrote about him when you turned 60...its still first hand evidence, because the author still lived and witnessed the events take place himself.

Koolish
01-21-2009, 01:13 AM
I always wonder this myself and why he is referred to as the son of god and then referred to as god, but whther he was real or not as the poster above me said, his message is what shoulld be taken into account, and once again i believe he was a real person.
the Bible talks about why Jesus was called the Son of God, and not just God (at least it explains it to me)

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

it looks like just that could get a lot of debate out of it.

some people think that was his way of fulfilling psalm 22.