PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop Died With 2Pac (real talk alert)

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-13-2009, 12:46 PM
He kept niggas HONEST. As soon as he died it gave a free run to all these happy go lucky fools to bumrush the industry. This man was real to the bone grissle. He would never of sold out to this day. Non of his albums were anything less than REAL. Unlike B.I.G, who was going that way, champagne poppin and all that, Pac wouldve stayed real with it. I predict BIG wouldve been like a Fat Joe, he wouldve gone with Puffy thru that whole shiny suit era bullshit. You could hear it coming on Life after Death. But this is not about BIG.

Pac controlled the rap game, and because he was the most popular artists in the rap game, he could dictate what was gonna be allowed in it. Because he was around fake ass niggas werent allowed in the game like that. Im telling you he was that powerful 90% of these stupid niggas we see nowadays wouldnt be allowed!! LOL, if you were trying to come up with bullshit music, you know 2Pac would be on your ass about it and hed have his millions of fans to back him up. There was no chance for you.

And the labels couldnt tell him shit. He was so popular and loved by people he didnt need labels, he could make his own label and still sell the same. Honestly Pac's persona and music was so raw he made it a real hard time to come in if you werent anything less than 100%.

I mean, look how he clowned the fuck outta Biggie, Biggie fucking Smalls!! By todays rap standards, Biggie is the fucking truth, a real stand up dude and charismatic, but Pac pretty much thought nothing of it to destroy his character, and he did. No current rapper could ever in a battle against biggie. His life force is too huge.

Just look at all his albums, nothing commercial about them, even his biggest hit, California Love was crakkk. That was just him. He didnt belived SO MUCH in staying real he could never of done anything else.

Thats why when he died, you know how many eyes lit up. So many saw it as their chance now, they didnt need to be real in real life, because they knew there was no one there to humiliate them.

kwabena1041
01-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Im not a 2pac fan, or I should say after he went all west coast I stopped feeling him. Like when he got outta jail he was like a damn wild animal trying to get killed. But you have a good point. I remember when he dissed Nas and Jay Z, neither of them really said shit. I dont think Big would be in the same boat as Fat Joe (thats a hellofa streach).

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-13-2009, 12:59 PM
The only people who went in on Pac from the east were Mobb Deep. everyone else was scared of Pac ending their career in humiliation. Them and there crew even staked him out at the Source awards on the westcoast.

I was never a 2pac fan. I could be if I took time to get into him, I just never took the time. But the respect is huge. I dont respect another rapper more than 2pac.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I was 8 years old in 96'

So yeah, i agree.

Bacdad
01-13-2009, 01:23 PM
i agree..after his death nobody really sood up or was big enough to be heard like that and then everything just went downhill..

oLd_KaiNry
01-13-2009, 01:39 PM
He would never of sold out to this day.

signing to death row wasnt selling out ?

Bacdad
01-13-2009, 01:46 PM
muthafuckas talk of pac like he was a god or something.if pac was still alive he would be struggling to stay relevant like everyone else in the game..and hip hop wouldve died eventually b/c of the companies and shit

Crack Killz
01-13-2009, 01:47 PM
He would never of sold out to this day.

yeah.. that's a realllll stupid assumption.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-13-2009, 01:50 PM

Not at all. All Eyez on Me was the most thuggish of all his album but that was all. Then he released The Don Killuminti Makavelli album on Death Row that was like the old Pac, introspective and thoughtful.

So I have no idea what you are talking about.

After those albums he was going to leave Death Row and start a label with Wu Tang and other east coast artists, but we know what happened next, Suge had him knocked off.

The fat fuck prick.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-13-2009, 01:52 PM
yeah.. that's a realllll stupid assumption.

Why is it stupid, dick?

On what at all in Pac's career are you basing you thoughts on?

What at all in all of Pac's career and 100's of songs ever makes you think he was gonna sell out?

Ritter
01-13-2009, 02:49 PM
muthafuckas talk of pac like he was a god or something.if pac was still alive he would be struggling to stay relevant like everyone else in the game..and hip hop wouldve died eventually b/c of the companies and shit

Yep.

b-dolo
01-13-2009, 02:56 PM
the truth hurts

Suga Duga
01-13-2009, 05:16 PM
"real talk alert" smh, this white boy from england

main_man
01-13-2009, 05:19 PM
yeah, pac was real as fuck, no doubt. chino xl also got at pac a little bit. but nothing real serious.

and pac signed to death row for 2 reasons. get out of jail card & they were THE BIGGEST RAP LABEL AT THE TIME!! i mean damn, dre beats and money out the ass AND we'll get you out of jail. he would have been a fool not to sign with them.

and as much as i like biggie, he might have went down the fat joe road. some of that life after death shit was pure club garbage. and i damn sure dont think biggie would have wanted a made for vh1 lookin' movie made about him.

cap
01-13-2009, 05:44 PM

how is signing to one of the best record labels IN THEIR PRIME selling out?he should've went on koch to be cool?fuck that

claaa7
01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
^^ lol, didn't Chino XL get at Pac AFTER his death.. i respect Pac's legacy alot but i definitely think there was a few rappers back then that wouldn't hesitate to go after him if he tried to take shots at them - Bumpy Knuckles being a good example. him and Pac was tight though, check out the track "Killa" they did in '94.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-13-2009, 05:51 PM
lol I got GFX so mad these days, another disciple has been added. Do I give u stomach cramps baby?

Notice how its all the known fgts who dont agree with Pac's greatness.

Pac WAS a rap God. He was the only rap God. If you dont agree with this point you do not understand life and should just quit.

sdeblasi
01-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I agree with a lot of what ghostlaced is sayin...i truly dont think Pac would have sold out...after he dropped All Eyez on Me...it is a known fact that he did not like the personal creative input/direction he had on that album, and when he dropped Don Kiluminati it was known that he said that with that album he got to do a lot more and liked that creative direction better.

The industry still may have changed, but i do think if Pac was alive some things would definitely be different

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Its so important I think the ENTIRE sound of hip hop as we know it today would not be the same had he survived.

7 Day Theory was his last contracted Death Row record, after that his plan was to go to New York, make his own label and sign acts including Wu Tang (a fact overlloed by many fans) and Gang Starr.

If he had of lived and done this, he wouldve made that type of music THE popular type of music again. Wu Tang and Gang starr were competenet enough musicians to of crossed over with Pac. In fact in 1997 Wu Tang were at their height of popularity and were IDEALLY positioned in the industry to take off even higher. Record execs would go with it because it wouldve sold with 2pac all over songs.

Instead, Puffy took over, created the superficial style of rap, full of fakery and shiny suits, and the modern scene has taken off from that to this day.

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Im not a 2pac fan, or I should say after he went all west coast I stopped feeling him. Like when he got outta jail he was like a damn wild animal trying to get killed. But you have a good point. I remember when he dissed Nas and Jay Z, neither of them really said shit. I dont think Big would be in the same boat as Fat Joe (thats a hellofa streach).
Wrong. GAY Z never said shit back. Nas dissed tha nigga by name.

"Black Pirellis, rollin ova this Makaveli"

tha list goes like this when comparing those three

2pac
nas
garbage can
jay z

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 08:58 PM
^^ lol, didn't Chino XL get at Pac AFTER his death.. i respect Pac's legacy alot but i definitely think there was a few rappers back then that wouldn't hesitate to go after him if he tried to take shots at them - Bumpy Knuckles being a good example. him and Pac was tight though, check out the track "Killa" they did in '94.
ummmm Ima have to look into that because I recently deleted hella of my Chino XL shit for no reason at all but I think that famous freestyle was made right after Pac got out da bing. Could be wrong, might be wrong, but just sayin..... Chino just don't seem like the type of dude 2 diss a dead man....he also had mad love for Pac behind tha scenes....

hehsy5sy5
01-13-2009, 09:08 PM
but still...its "if" he didn't die....you can add "if" to many many situations in real life that would have been better "IF" something didn't/did happen.

maybe IF he didnt die, the commercial/mainstream music on the radio right now will be all tupac and wu tang songs and real shit instead of the club r&b songz for da ladies

but he fucking died[RIP PAC], so we should give him the respect he deserves, and just support the real acts in hiphop at the moment just like 2pac would want it to be if he was still here. the hiphop game would probably change again 10 years from now, wether we like it or not, so as fans we should jus support and speak out on wats good and hope for da best!

thinkin of wat could or couldnt have happened isnt wat pac was here for, i bet he's thinkin up there "i dont want u motha fuckas mournin me, bring bak tha real shit!"

Olive Oil Goombah
01-13-2009, 09:09 PM
2pac was Suge Knights bitch as were all of the other artists signed to Deathrow.

spiggity_ace
01-13-2009, 09:11 PM
pac woulda kept wutang relevant, and probably brought Gangstarr , Kool G Rap, and BCC to the main stream, he was also tight with kane, so the OG's would probably be big names like how lil wayne and jayz are portrayed. pac woulda done a bunch of tremendous shit for hip hop, too bad he passed so soon.

spiggity_ace
01-13-2009, 09:12 PM
ummmm Ima have to look into that because I recently deleted hella of my Chino XL shit for no reason at all but I think that famous freestyle was made right after Pac got out da bing. Could be wrong, might be wrong, but just sayin..... Chino just don't seem like the type of dude 2 diss a dead man....he also had mad love for Pac behind tha scenes....

chion dissed him while he was alive, and they actually talked about it, chino isnt a snake typa dude, i think nas lied about talkin to pac, but i believe chino settled shit, the way he says it i always thought he meant pac got screwed over by being sent to jail but pac thot that chino meant he got raped. It's easy to make that conclusion tho but i always thought the former.

Makadocious
01-13-2009, 11:04 PM
man i fucking agree with all that ghostlaced said bout Pac...he was so cool...damn...im a big pac fan...and shit that ive read...interviews ive heard of ppl...damn some shit like Pac beating Snoop & Dre (comfirmed by bodyguards and suge)...2 Jasjit... Nas did talk 2 Pac the night of the MTV awards a few dayz b4 he was shot...they settled things down...Pac had an idea 4 Makaveli Records...he was trying 2 sign Big Daddy Kane,Wu Tang Clan,Nuttso,Outlawz,Scarface,Kool G Rap (Rumured) and many more...damn talking bout Biggie...almost all of his tracks were party stuff so i didnt like that shit 2 much...

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 11:09 PM
chion dissed him while he was alive, and they actually talked about it, chino isnt a snake typa dude, i think nas lied about talkin to pac, but i believe chino settled shit, the way he says it i always thought he meant pac got screwed over by being sent to jail but pac thot that chino meant he got raped. It's easy to make that conclusion tho but i always thought the former.
the outlawz already confirmed that nas and pac did meet in manhattan but both crews were deep and everything was settled..... nas and pac have a history as well....e money bags rapped about how him and nas used 2 bring pac weed when he was locked up in tha bing....

Durag
01-14-2009, 04:49 AM
If Pac didnt die i dont think hip-hop would really be any different. Yeah, your right about Puffy taking over, maybe that wouldnt have happened as dramatically, but it still would have happened on the east coast, and with the likes of Jay-Z, Nas etc the east coast was becomming the big star in hip-hop again, and it would only have been a matter of time before all the bling shit made it to the west coast.

And you say Pac would never have sold out? What if he was struggling for relevance, which would have happened at some point, its happened to everyone, and signed to a big label like Bad Boy? Because he probably would have, why would a rapper of his calibre stay on a small label and be relativly unheard?

Do you think signing to a label like Bad Boy would have been selling out? Coz he signed to Death Row, coz that was the biggest label in the west, so its basically the same thing.

This is just a big fantasy that hip-hop died with 2Pac, and how the hip-hop world would be so much different if he was still here. It wouldnt, and Pac would either be struggling for relevance, have retired, or have sold out at this stage, and wouldnt be considered half the legend that he is now.

YungSunny
01-14-2009, 06:56 AM
November 25, 1997 R U Still Down? (Remember Me) 2 1 4 Multi-Platinum
March 27, 2001 Until the End of Time 1 1 3 Multi-Platinum 2 Platinum
November 26, 2002 Better Dayz 5 1 2 Multi-Platinum 3 Platinum
December 14, 2004 Loyal to the Game 1 1 Platinum
December 21, 2006 Pac's Life 9 3
All of his posthumous albums, except 1, made platinum.
I highly doubt he would be struggling to be relevant right now.

Durag
01-14-2009, 07:11 AM
^So? That was mainly coz of his death.

Theres no doubt Pac had a huge influence on hip-hop and always will, but his death wasnt the so called end of real hip-hop, and if he were still alive things wouldnt be that different.

Nigga would probably be doing a lot more acting than rapping, thats a fact

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2009, 07:51 AM
You made valid points, Durag, but the difference is, that if 2Pac really did sign Wu and Gang Starr and Kool G Rap and all of those, it'd last much longer (possibly even 'til today) for all of those artists who kept it real ("I'm not a hustler, I'm a rapper" stance) to fade into obscurity. That would definitely mean that things would be different now, that it would be possible to make more styles that are commercially successful than just empty flossing. And blinging, in the later phase. Not to mention that snap prolly wouldn't happen.

Who knows, maybe he could even prevent Wu from fucking up their own career.

And there wouldn't be need for backpackers.

Durag
01-14-2009, 07:54 AM
^Yeah i get ya, thing is, that signing Wu and Gangstarr would never have happened. We'd all love for it to have, but it wouldnt.

And like i said, i think Pac would be more into acting at this stage. I think he would have retired from rapping, coz i dont think someone of his calibre would liked to have been seen as getting wack, or becomming irrelevant, so i think he would have retired before he thought that was going to happen.

2Bladez
01-14-2009, 07:55 AM
hip hop died with soulja boy

claaa7
01-14-2009, 07:57 AM
^^ what you mean, has Souljah Boy retired.. our last great hope?

2Bladez
01-14-2009, 07:59 AM
i mean when soulja boy came, hip hop died

claaa7
01-14-2009, 08:02 AM
^^ you buggin', Souljah Boy single-handedly ressurected the rap game with the "Marco Polo" single. if anyone can claim the king of rap title it's definitely him... or maybe not.

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2009, 08:05 AM
^Yeah i get ya, thing is, that signing Wu and Gangstarr would never have happened. We'd all love for it to have, but it wouldnt.

And like i said, i think Pac would be more into acting at this stage. I think he would have retired from rapping, coz i dont think someone of his calibre would liked to have been seen as getting wack, or becomming irrelevant, so i think he would have retired before he thought that was going to happen.

Could be.

Could also be that he would actually be serious with Makaveli Records.

2Bladez
01-14-2009, 08:08 AM
soulja boy is fuckin wack, and with one track that is for you great (and for me garbage) he can't ressurect rap game

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2009, 08:09 AM
What the fuck are you talking 'bout? He's fucking greatest MC since Rakim, every word of his has a hidden meaning.

2Bladez
01-14-2009, 08:10 AM
What the fuck are you talking 'bout? He's fucking greatest MC since Rakim, every word of his has a hidden meaning.

wack joke, try something else =)

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm dead seriously (http://www.oaklandmagazine.com/media/Oakland-Magazine/July-August-2007/In-the-mix/HR_Todd169.jpg), even the greatest pop-art producer ever says that.

2Bladez
01-14-2009, 08:14 AM
then he is wack joker too

DJMethods
01-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Souljah Boy hate is so 2007

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm not hating.

Seriously, how can I hate on a kid that's even younger than me... and is from America, even. You can't hate on an American teen, it's not fair.

2Bladez
01-14-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm not hating.

Seriously, how can I hate on a kid that's even younger than me... and is from America, even. You can't hate on an American teen, it's not fair.

you can, he's only 18 years old and look what he did to hip hop

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Ok fags dont turn a 2pac thread into a Soulja boy one, damn.

And you say Pac would never have sold out? What if he was struggling for relevance, which would have happened at some point, its happened to everyone, and signed to a big label like Bad Boy? Because he probably would have, why would a rapper of his calibre stay on a small label and be relativly unheard?

Do you think signing to a label like Bad Boy would have been selling out? Coz he signed to Death Row, coz that was the biggest label in the west, so its basically the same thing.

This is just a big fantasy that hip-hop died with 2Pac, and how the hip-hop world would be so much different if he was still here. It wouldnt, and Pac would either be struggling for relevance, have retired, or have sold out at this stage, and wouldnt be considered half the legend that he is now.

Sry man, but you are so out of touch or something? Pac WAS Relevance. This is not the type of guy who would ever struugle for relevance. He was way too prolific. He could re invent himself on a whim. He would write 100's of verses in a matter of days. The man was a lyrical genius, as long as hip hop was around, he would never "struggle for relevance".

You are completely underestimating his aura.

2pac struggling for relevance? He wouldve signed to BAD BOY?

BAD BOY? Do you not know anything about 2pac?

BAD BOY and PUFFY?????

I am lolling madly at how people are for some reason desperatly trying to compare signing for death row, a label that was run by suge fucking knight, as "selling out".

lol.

At how they havent explained yet, how Makaveli, an album released on Death row, could be described as a sell out album.

And as fo your arguement that Pac only sold big "because he died" = AllEyez On me went 5X Multi Platinum in 1996, before he died.

Durag
01-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Sry should have worded that better, i said a label LIKE bad boy, i know he wouldnt have signed with bad boy.

Im not judging his relevance, but what if he was still around and was struggling to keep up with the times, coz most rappers who started out in the same period as him are in some way or another.

Obviously its all complete speculation, but i honestly cant see 2pac being as reverred as much if he was still alive.

Although one thing, i think if he was still alive all those stupid dance-music-listeneing-to fags who dont listen to any other hip-hop bar 2pac, and say hes the greatest rapper ever, and completly suck his dick, wouldnt be listeneing to him. And thats only a good thing.

And i dont think his sales would continue to be so big were he still alive. You gotta admit his death has had a LOT to do with his sales today.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-14-2009, 12:19 PM
^yes, his legend increased when he died, i think thats normal. That happens to all loved musicians. To me when that happens it actually shows how good they were, people dont know what theyve got til its gone.

BUT i actually think he wouldve sold MORE if he stayed alive..

He had just turned 25 years old.

He did all what he did by the age of 24. If he was still alive today he would be 37. Thats 2 years younger than Jay Z.

Durag
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Shit, i forgot he was that young, damn, thats some achievement.

If im correct, at that stage Jay-Z hadnt even released an album at 25

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-14-2009, 12:51 PM
And his drama teacher at school said something like "he had the range to do Shakespeare"

So you could say purely off the fact he couldve become a big movie star that would keep him relevent regardless.

Just look how many rappers are being actors now. Most of them cant act either.

Koolish
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
And his drama teacher at school said something like "he had the range to do Shakespeare"

So you could say purely off the fact he couldve become a big movie star that would keep him relevent regardless.

i think pac is the only mc whose acting didn't take away from his rhyming strength.

5hundred&one
01-14-2009, 04:18 PM
I'll start by saying that Pac isn't even my favorite MC. I hold a few (maybe 7 or so) others in higher regards, but I have nothing, except good things to say about him. I have noticed over the past five years or so, that people love to knock him down some levels, based on how little they like or listen to him. Especially "real" hip-hop fans. Like Immortal Technique fans will often completely disrespect Pac and you can tell that it's only because people acknowledge him way more than IT or any of their favorite MCs for that matter.
True he isn't the best lyricist of all time, but from a diplomatic point of view; considering all his strengths, he is one of the best rappers of all time. Nobody had his style before or after him, he didn't sell out (anyone who says this just got in to hip-hop), he never made a bad album and he's been a huge influence on a lot of people.

I think him dying might have changed the future of hip-hop a little bit. Even if it was a small effect at first, I can see how it could still be affecting rap music to this day. I don't think other rappers quit caring about the quality of the music because he died, so much as I think it's more like they lost respect for themselves. 2pac and Biggie are still two of the most talked about rappers in history. They were easily the most talked about in 97, right after they died. It's like them dying was a blow to other rapper's egos. Everything became respect for a couple years. People who probably never talked to either of these men were shouting them out in songs and shit. Ever since then rappers who actually got real rhymes have been way less self obsessed. 2pac and Biggie dying could have marked the start of that. Everyone on earth was calling them "the best rappers ever" and it seems like a lot of rappers felt the same way. The best rappers are the one's that think THEY'RE the best. This is all speculation though, I might just be full of shit.

5hundred&one
01-14-2009, 04:22 PM

*Cough* method man *cough*

KERZO
01-14-2009, 06:08 PM
He kept niggas HONEST. As soon as he died it gave a free run to all these happy go lucky fools to bumrush the industry. This man was real to the bone grissle. He would never of sold out to this day. Non of his albums were anything less than REAL. Unlike B.I.G, who was going that way, champagne poppin and all that, Pac wouldve stayed real with it. I predict BIG wouldve been like a Fat Joe, he wouldve gone with Puffy thru that whole shiny suit era bullshit. You could hear it coming on Life after Death. But this is not about BIG.

Pac controlled the rap game, and because he was the most popular artists in the rap game, he could dictate what was gonna be allowed in it. Because he was around fake ass niggas werent allowed in the game like that. Im telling you he was that powerful 90% of these stupid niggas we see nowadays wouldnt be allowed!! LOL, if you were trying to come up with bullshit music, you know 2Pac would be on your ass about it and hed have his millions of fans to back him up. There was no chance for you.

And the labels couldnt tell him shit. He was so popular and loved by people he didnt need labels, he could make his own label and still sell the same. Honestly Pac's persona and music was so raw he made it a real hard time to come in if you werent anything less than 100%.

I mean, look how he clowned the fuck outta Biggie, Biggie fucking Smalls!! By todays rap standards, Biggie is the fucking truth, a real stand up dude and charismatic, but Pac pretty much thought nothing of it to destroy his character, and he did. No current rapper could ever in a battle against biggie. His life force is too huge.

Just look at all his albums, nothing commercial about them, even his biggest hit, California Love was crakkk. That was just him. He didnt belived SO MUCH in staying real he could never of done anything else.

Thats why when he died, you know how many eyes lit up. So many saw it as their chance now, they didnt need to be real in real life, because they knew there was no one there to humiliate them.

http://mikeytherhino.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/no_bullshit.jpg

hehsy5sy5
01-14-2009, 06:51 PM
I'll start by saying that Pac isn't even my favorite MC. I hold a few (maybe 7 or so) others in higher regards, but I have nothing, except good things to say about him. I have noticed over the past five years or so, that people love to knock him down some levels, based on how little they like or listen to him. Especially "real" hip-hop fans. Like Immortal Technique fans will often completely disrespect Pac and you can tell that it's only because people acknowledge him way more than IT or any of their favorite MCs for that matter.
True he isn't the best lyricist of all time, but from a diplomatic point of view; considering all his strengths, he is one of the best rappers of all time. Nobody had his style before or after him, he didn't sell out (anyone who says this just got in to hip-hop), he never made a bad album and he's been a huge influence on a lot of people.

I think him dying might have changed the future of hip-hop a little bit. Even if it was a small effect at first, I can see how it could still be affecting rap music to this day. I don't think other rappers quit caring about the quality of the music because he died, so much as I think it's more like they lost respect for themselves. 2pac and Biggie are still two of the most talked about rappers in history. They were easily the most talked about in 97, right after they died. It's like them dying was a blow to other rapper's egos. Everything became respect for a couple years. People who probably never talked to either of these men were shouting them out in songs and shit. Ever since then rappers who actually got real rhymes have been way less self obsessed. 2pac and Biggie dying could have marked the start of that. Everyone on earth was calling them "the best rappers ever" and it seems like a lot of rappers felt the same way. The best rappers are the one's that think THEY'RE the best. This is all speculation though, I might just be full of shit.

its more like he didn't have the chance to sell out. but "IF"s don't do shit so lucky he passed away before having the chance to sellin out. same as biggie, i would say if hes alive he wouldnt be half the legend he is, especially with wack puffy under his belt...

snapple
01-14-2009, 07:01 PM
In response to the first post....

thats bullshit....where were you in the 90s...in the 80s..or even the 70s..there has always been plenty of bullshit MCs. Before, during, and after Pac.

"Non of his albums were anything less than REAL. Unlike B.I.G"

woah woah woah....you are bugging with that one.

you are saying BIG made bullshit music, then you have the audasity to compare him to fat joe......

look i love 2pac, i always have....but i don't understand why you're trying to do the whole "east coast west coast" thing....its 2009.....biggie and pac were 2 of the greatest....everyone knows it... i didn't get anything from this thread besides the fact that you talk shit about the notorious and praise 2pac....fuck this thread

ALCATRAZ
01-14-2009, 11:02 PM
just for the record.........don killuminati the album....you know, the one that has sold upwards of 28 million copies worldwide........was created in only seven days....... it took four days to mix it, and only three days for pac to write and lace the track........ you cannot show me a more skilled poet who created polished jewels in such limited time..............on top of all that... KNOWING he was going to die........ 2pac lives on

ALCATRAZ
01-14-2009, 11:05 PM
and i'd also like to add, it was tha homie tupac who got tha chain back when a nigga from wu tang got robbed out here in cali..... nas got his chain snatched out here too and jt tha bigga figga got it back for him...but yall probably dont go that deep underground so yall wouldnt kno nothin bout dat newayz

2Bladez
01-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Ok fags dont turn a 2pac thread into a Soulja boy one, damn

in my opinion hip hop didn't die with 2pac death, it died when soulja boy came on the scene with other wack rappers like him

DJMethods
01-15-2009, 10:26 AM
2Bladez doesnt even recognise Ninja Turtle Rap as OG, hes a faker.

2Bladez
01-15-2009, 10:40 AM
2Bladez doesnt even recognise Ninja Turtle Rap as OG, hes a faker.

what the fuck are you talkin about?

DJMethods
01-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Stop frontin.

2Bladez
01-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Stop frontin.

i asked you what are you talkin about

DJMethods
01-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Faker^^^^^

2Bladez
01-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Faker^^^^^

why i'm faker? what's your problem?

2Bladez
01-15-2009, 10:56 AM
maybe you are faker, when you say that i'm faker without fuckin reason

CharlesJones
01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Ghostlaced i agree with everything you said. 2Pac was real and he was a political brother. If you listen to his first 2 albums, you'll see that he was political. I don't like it when he changed when he got with Death Row. He started acting wild and dissing lots of rappers and that's what led to his death. I believe that gangbanger dude that him and his posse was beating up in the hotel lobby in Las Vegas the day that he was killed is the guy who had him killed. I don't know if Suge might've had him killed but if he did, that was real stupid because 2Pac was the best artist on his label. I think 2Pac's ignorance was what got him killed. If he would've calmed down and acted like he had some common sense, he would still be alive. I think he made a bad move signing with Death Row because Suge is a ignorant dude and he shitted on his artists and that's why his artists left him. Dr Dre got tired of the dumb shit that was happening at Death Row and that's why he was smart enough to leave. Biggie's last album is wack and you have Puff Daddy to blame for that because Puff was trying to have him go the mainstream/radio route and i know Biggie didn't wanna do that because Biggie was a hardcore lyricist.

CharlesJones
01-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I wish 2Pac was still alive so he could diss all these clown ass rappers out now.

claaa7
01-15-2009, 04:25 PM
sorry to steal the 2Pac thread but i just find it weird that people are saying that Biggie's 2nd album was wack because Puffy made him do some commercial radio-friendly songs on there.. well that's true and it's also true that Biggie didn't really wanna make those songs, but the same should also be said about "Ready to Die" because that album also had a couple of songs aimed at the charts (that Puffy was responsible for). like "Juicy" and "Big Poppa", Biggie even said some shit about "Juicy" sounding like a bubbelgum record and didn't want to record it but Puffy told him to.

it's fucked up shit went out like it did between 2Pac and Biggie though, they sounded mad nice together on records.. that song "Running" was one of my favorite tracks when i was younger.

CharlesJones
01-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm gonna see Notorious movie this weekend and i bet i'm gonna see the actors who portray Biggie and Puffy arguing about the music that Biggie wanted to do and Puffy forced him to do some radio songs to get airplay and sell records. But that's the way the music industry is and that's why so many good rappers disappear because they get tired of record companies not allowing them to have freedom to do the music they wanna do.

Edgar Erebus
01-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Actually Biggie wasn't arguing with Puff about music, they liked same things out there.

Abut 2Pac - yes, he DID keep things gangsta till the end, but All Eyez was the album that even he disliked, that he made just to appease Suge, so you can't be so aggressive to say that he was only following himself. He did kinda sell-out shit too, it's just that he was that powerful MC that it was great anyway.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Ghostlaced i agree with everything you said. 2Pac was real and he was a political brother. If you listen to his first 2 albums, you'll see that he was political. I don't like it when he changed when he got with Death Row. He started acting wild and dissing lots of rappers and that's what led to his death. I believe that gangbanger dude that him and his posse was beating up in the hotel lobby in Las Vegas the day that he was killed is the guy who had him killed. I don't know if Suge might've had him killed but if he did, that was real stupid because 2Pac was the best artist on his label. I think 2Pac's ignorance was what got him killed. If he would've calmed down and acted like he had some common sense, he would still be alive. I think he made a bad move signing with Death Row because Suge is a ignorant dude and he shitted on his artists and that's why his artists left him. Dr Dre got tired of the dumb shit that was happening at Death Row and that's why he was smart enough to leave. Biggie's last album is wack and you have Puff Daddy to blame for that because Puff was trying to have him go the mainstream/radio route and i know Biggie didn't wanna do that because Biggie was a hardcore lyricist.

All true.

suge was just a really really bad influence on Pac's life. He was the guy that got Pac into that fight in the lobby, and he was the guy that always encouraged all the violence. But Pac has to be responsible for his actions ultimately.

but Pac couldnt of expected to live long if he was going around beating up rival gang members and then riding out the sunroof of a car right after. I think he had a deathwish. you just cant do that sort of thing. he was trying to hard to be real but he didnt realise how important a figure he was.

Edgar Erebus
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Woodrow, just keep making such threads. You see you don't need to be obnoxious to get lots of responses.

If 2Pac lived to get out of that contract, I bet Suge would be next on his shitlist. I have this feeling he was disgusted by fat asshole from the second 1.

claaa7
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Actually Biggie wasn't arguing with Puff about music, they liked same things out there.

nah man i've seen and read plenty interviews with people who worked closely with Biggie and Puffy and Biggie didn't like some of the shit that Puffy told him to do. like with Ready to Die Biggie had done all the hardcore joints like "Machine Gun Funk" and "Things Done Changed" when Puffy wanted to do 'Juicy' and them and was like "You got to do what you wanted with the album now let's go my direction with this".

Edgar Erebus
01-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Yeah I know about that, but I ain't seen nothing such about the real commercial shit (Life After Death).

claaa7
01-15-2009, 05:45 PM
^^ yeah i've seen it, it was a 2 hour documentary about Biggie's life but i can't recall the name where they spoke the same shit about the LAD sessions.. it's pretty obvious that if Biggie thought "Juicy" was a popcorn record he wouldn't be feeling "Fucking You" or "Another" lol.

CharlesJones
01-17-2009, 01:33 PM
There's several documentaries about Biggie's life. I saw one of them that was directed by Peter Spirer who also did the classic rap documentary movie Rhyme And Reason. I saw Biggie has a documentary called Life After Death which looks like it's about the recording process of his last album but i could be wrong. I wanna check that out. I also wanna see the documentary that Junior Mafia did about him. Little Cease and a few other dudes in the group speak about him and diss Little Kim LOL. Little Kim has disappointed me. She's still a good rapper but her face is fucked up hahahahahahahahahahaha. She should've left her damn face the way it was because she was hot when her first album Hardcore came out. I remember i used to have pictures of her album cover and a few other pictures promoting that album on my wall.

ALCATRAZ
01-17-2009, 02:04 PM
yea lil kim fell tha fuck off, but hey at least she aint a snitch like you know who......

lil kims gangsta > lil cease's life

CharlesJones
01-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Ignorant black dudes kill me dissing blacks who snitch on criminals and troublemakers. What was Little Cease supposed to do? Not tell the truth at the trial and go to prison for Little Kim? He did the right thing. I bet if he was in trouble and Little Kim had to testify at his trial, she wouldn't have gone to prison for him.

claaa7
01-17-2009, 04:18 PM
^^ a bad example because Lil' Kim actually shut her mouth in court and went to jail for protecting her friends..

Rame
01-17-2009, 04:25 PM
There was good rap before 2Pac and there was good rap after 2Pac.

Only thing that died was him.

SL33
01-17-2009, 06:47 PM
There was good rap before 2Pac and there was good rap after 2Pac.

Only thing that died was him.

hip hop will live as long as jay drops songs like change clothes

ALCATRAZ
01-17-2009, 07:01 PM
^^ a bad example because Lil' Kim actually shut her mouth in court and went to jail for protecting her friends..

thanks for puttin that faggot in check for me

spiggity_ace
01-17-2009, 11:11 PM
^ that song in ur sig is dope lynch is the truth, i liked his first album but his second i wasnt feelin as much.