PDA

View Full Version : Lyric website madness

Wu-tang Fan
01-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Edit: Here are links to both of the joints talked about in this thread:

Cold World (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyt0tAwDAPc)

At the speed of life (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4F5vKKIgjdg)

Is it me or do the lyric websites have a very bizzarre interpretation of lyrics? One prime example of this is the Gza joint "Cold World". Below are the lyrics quoted:

Destruction worker, who was caught for his bomber, no time to swing the hammer that was hanging from his farmers

Firstly, it is obvious that Gza is describing a CONstruction worker here, who got caught up in the middle of it all. Bomber could mean the "bomber" type of jacket. Farmers could be slang for those belts that construction workers wear from which they hang tools. It could be a destruction worker, someone who works on destroying buildings, but that is far more obscure and difficult to relate to.

Another thing I thought it could mean was the kid going around spraying cats up (hence destruction worker), who eventually gets laid out in the confusion.

Another example here is the movie sample from Xzibit's song At the speed of life:

Listen you f**kers, you screwheads
Here's a man who won't take it anymore
A man who stood up against
The skunk, the kunts, the dogs, the fill, the shit
Here is some one who stood up
Here is...

"The skunk" could be in reference to drugs, but anyone who has heard this joint will find it obvious that he said "the scum". And the next weird part is where it says "the fill". Again, what the hell? Obviously he said "the filth".

One of these examples is one that has been bugging me for ages, the other I just looked up the lyrics for on the internet today. Strange shit, huh?

Post your examples if you have any. Peace.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-13-2009, 11:54 AM
they are all mostly terrible.

even the ones on ohhla.com are awful. its like a bunch of chimps or slovakians wrote them.

Tecknowledgist
01-13-2009, 04:46 PM
i've always wanted to make a thread and start a crew of vigilantes to go and fix every fucking song on the more popular website by sending them the correct lyrics.

unfortunately, i really don't care that much and neither does anybody else

Wu-tang Fan
01-14-2009, 03:41 PM
I agree. It's so strange the words they choose, since it's almost like they avoid what it most obviously sounds like and go for something that sounds similar but wrong.