PDA

View Full Version : whats the word on Latryx???

Tonystarks420
01-13-2009, 06:18 PM
i was listening to this underground hip hop radio station last nite on my ipod touch and heard this track called the Quickening by Laytrx.

i thought it was pretty ill and dug it. anyone listen to these kats? any thing worth coppin or listening to? and is one of the dudes white? cuz he sounds like he is but is somewhat brown skined haha

peace

heres the link to the song too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1c9MgMjNRA

oldie
01-13-2009, 06:33 PM
hmmmm.....reminds me of MC Edan tbh. only not as nice IMO. u tried albumhunt for nw?

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 08:13 PM
damn cant believe im readin a thread on wucorp about LATYRX... but neways its a duo comprised of Lateef and Lyrics Born. Lyrics Born is asian and white I think, and Lateef is just a high yellow nigga to my recollection. They started out with DJ Shadow and Blackalicious and all dem UC Davis mufuckas. You know the Endtroducing album cover right? The dude on the right wit tha blurred face is LYRICS BORN... these dudes go back, and they are hip hop...although i hear lyrics born sings at his shows now which is kinda gay

Tonystarks420
01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
haha thanks dude ^^

ive been listening to more of their tracks lately and im impressed. this is a different type of hip hop ive never really heard before. nice underground flare. too bad they only released one album..