PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in anything that can't be proven?

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm not trying to get deep here. I just mean shit like reincarnation, karma, god.... things like that. What brought you to that understanding? Has believing in those things helped shape your life at all? Are you a different person because of it? Keep your answers as simple as possible but don't forget to explain. 1

Olive Oil Goombah
01-13-2009, 09:16 PM
I believe that that person in you sig used to be a man. I have no proof of this, but I believe it.

diggy
01-13-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm not trying to get deep here. I just mean shit like reincarnation, karma, god.... things like that. What brought you to that understanding? Has believing in those things helped shape your life at all? Are you a different person because of it? Keep your answers as simple as possible but don't forget to explain. 1

I believe in a God, cuz I was brought up that way. As I got older, I thought to myself there must really be a God, cuz if there is not, who made the universe, planets, stars, and people? I know I didn't make it, and I don't know any human who could make it, so something made it which is not human.

There is order to be seen in nature, so this tells me it is not working by chance. If there is chance, then we should throw away calendars and not count on seeing the sun during the day and the moon at night.

Art Vandelay
01-13-2009, 09:30 PM
nobody can prove whether there is a god or if there is not a god. that's my belief. maybe something is out there, maybe there isn't. but i don't believe there's a person who while walking the earth knew what it was. religion is man-made. to me jesus was no different than jim jones or david karesh. just some wacked out mental patient that thought he was the messiah.

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 09:32 PM
I believe that that person in you sig used to be a man. I have no proof of this, but I believe it.

http://77.247.179.169/images/full/41/314/31449323.jpg

try again fag

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I believe in a God, cuz I was brought up that way. As I got older, I thought to myself there must really be a God, cuz if there is not, who made the universe, planets, stars, and people? I know I didn't make it, and I don't know any human who could make it, so something made it which is not human.

There is order to be seen in nature, so this tells me it is not working by chance. If there is chance, then we should throw away calendars and not count on seeing the sun during the day and the moon at night.
So you believe in God because there is no other logical explanation for the way the world works?

diggy
01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
So you believe in God because there is no other logical explanation for the way the world works?

Correct.

How about you?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-13-2009, 10:03 PM
http://77.247.179.169/images/full/41/314/31449323.jpg

try again fag

Well there you go..Proof. You finally came up with some actual proof.

Altho, i could say that that photo was doctored. Especially since it was taken from so far away.

TSA
01-13-2009, 10:11 PM
good question

i dont know.
i look at religious beliefs and try to find real life tangible shit they're trying to explain or get at cause most religions are early ppls attempt to rationalize the world and take them very seriously because to think that they were completely wrong or dillusional after so many years and you are right cause of you wikipedia access and wucorp account is arrogance.

like if you look at a faith like hinduism i've never believed all those motherufckin gods exist, but they're all gods of something tangible, meaning they're just representations of something real that they are revearing like nature, birth, destruction, ect, and they preach a oneness of all those things in the end with eachother and us.

this is all real shit and you can't say it's 'wrong' or there's no 'proof' of it cause it's just a fact.

you look at Krishnu who comes to earth every now and then to save humanity from oppressing it's self. The christians came in and said 'no that's not god, Jesus is, see!"

and the hindus said, yeah, jesus is krishnu, as is ghandi, as is mlk, as is mandela, and so forth.

you can't say that a similar spirit and symbolic meaning isn't shared by these figures and all the hindus did was give that symbolic spirit a name and rever it.

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 10:15 PM
If I showed you anything more I'd get banned. And if I get banned there will be no one to hand you L's on tha regular

Art Vandelay
01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
i believe in the flying spaghetti monster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

TSA
01-13-2009, 10:24 PM
lOL at pastafarians

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Correct.

How about you?
I was a believer until I was old enough to think for myself. I'd probably say I completely gave up on the idea of god around 5th or 6th grade. I refused to believe that I was born a sinner and said fuck it, if I need to degrade myself to be a servant of the lord then the lord can be a servant of my cock. It was then that I began to look elsewhere for information pertaining to history, origins of race, relation between man and woman, astrology, warfare, and so forth. The basic outside knowledge that I gained was more significant than a decade worth of biblical ducktales. It was then that my third eye began to open and I've been free ever since.

diggy
01-13-2009, 10:34 PM
If I showed you anything more I'd get banned. And if I get banned there will be no one to hand you L's on tha regular

What are you talking about?

Art Vandelay
01-13-2009, 10:37 PM
"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."

-Bertrand Russell

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 10:37 PM
good question

i dont know.
i look at religious beliefs and try to find real life tangible shit they're trying to explain or get at cause most religions are early ppls attempt to rationalize the world and take them very seriously because to think that they were completely wrong or dillusional after so many years and you are right cause of you wikipedia access and wucorp account is arrogance.

like if you look at a faith like hinduism i've never believed all those motherufckin gods exist, but they're all gods of something tangible, meaning they're just representations of something real that they are revearing like nature, birth, destruction, ect, and they preach a oneness of all those things in the end with eachother and us.

this is all real shit and you can't say it's 'wrong' or there's no 'proof' of it cause it's just a fact.

you look at Krishnu who comes to earth every now and then to save humanity from oppressing it's self. The christians came in and said 'no that's not god, Jesus is, see!"

and the hindus said, yeah, jesus is krishnu, as is ghandi, as is mlk, as is mandela, and so forth.

you can't say that a similar spirit and symbolic meaning isn't shared by these figures and all the hindus did was give that symbolic spirit a name and rever it.
did you even answer tha question

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 10:38 PM
What are you talking about?
I was responding to NickyCooch

diggy
01-13-2009, 10:50 PM
"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."

-Bertrand Russell

Comparing a teapot to God - there is no comparison. Teapots are made by men on earth. It is unreasonable to think that one would be orbiting the sun in space.

As for God, I am talking about a being that created what we are and all we can sense and more.

It's all about what makes sense to you. You have a choice to believe what u want.

:cheerlie:

TSA
01-13-2009, 11:04 PM
did you even answer tha question
with remarkable insight.

if somebody defines god as all that is then how can you say God doesn't exist?

a key element in christianity for example is that a relationship with god leads to a better spiritual life and and the opposite is a worship of self which leads to a spiritual shitholism.

If anyone wants proof to this look at CEOs that commit suicide, or anyone that commits suicide, and the dhali llama.

and it's not just interpretation or whatever, it's the tangible proof as to what they were talking about in the bible.

If jesus comes and says that people judging people is the root of suffering, history is proof.

ppl that get caught up on little stupid folk tales in the bible and use it to denounce words that can truely help you or other people are the real idiots cause half of the time they're depressed 36 year old men alone in a 1 bedroom apartment with a vendetta against all religion cause they were brought up catholic and hated the pressure that they weren't strong enough to live under.

ppl see something they don't believe intially and denounce the entire thing as if their 2 quarters of community college is more intelligent that 5000 years of test belief and knowledge.

heres some religious teachings from the DAO, disprove any of it.

1BSiZQqlg5E

Olive Oil Goombah
01-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Comparing a teapot to God - there is no comparison. Teapots are made by men on earth. It is unreasonable to think that one would be orbiting the sun in space.

As for God, I am talking about a being that created what we are and all we can sense and more.

It's all about what makes sense to you. You have a choice to believe what u want.

You didnt get any of that Russell quote did you???

Its not about it being a teapot. The teapot could be anything. The teapot could be God.

Basically he was saying if you are conditioned to believe something from birth and this conditioning is repeated thru out your childhood, it is likely you will have a predisposition for a certain type of 'god'. God in this sense is highly ambiguous it could be anything.

So God as we imagine him has actually, more than likely been programmed into our minds since birth

diggy
01-13-2009, 11:11 PM
I have to agree with TSA on that.

EAGLE EYE
01-13-2009, 11:12 PM
whats up with you people and your 3rd eyes?

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 11:14 PM
TSA do you believe in god

diggy
01-13-2009, 11:17 PM

Its not about it being a teapot. The teapot could be anything. The teapot could be God.

Basically he was saying if you are conditioned to believe something from birth and this conditioning is repeated thru out your childhood, it is likely you will have a predisposition for a certain type of 'god'. God in this sense is highly ambiguous it could be anything.

So God as we imagine him has actually, more than likely been programmed into our minds since birth

Yes, I understood it from that point, but the other point is that God, a being that made man, is being compared to a teapot, an object made by man. That comparison fails, cuz like I've said, there is no comparison.

In my mind, it is highly probable that God (a being said to have created everything) exists cuz all things have a cause, whereas a teapot orbiting the sun has no purpose or reasoning behind why that should be.

And again God is not a teapot, and there is no comparison between God and a teapot.

TSA
01-13-2009, 11:38 PM
third eye = GED

TSA do you believe in god
hard to say. in the traditional judeo definition idk, but i've been given several definitions of god that exist like 'all that is'.

I dont believe God has a human concious and thinks "derrrp this guys dumb, Yaaayyyy this guys cool" and gay shit like that and i dont believe humans are above any other creation. Most ppl picture god as a guy of a seat with opinions.

God makes more sense to me as the definitive word for creation. Sure the big bang happening and atoms and shit, but where is all that coming from?
I believe God is the trancending ultimate but if so i dont see any reason to 'worship' God.

So id wouldn't say i believe in God because i don't in the traditional sense, but the notion of God really depends of definition. As a guy in the sky no, as a definition of force, yeah, but why worship force?

at the same time i don't believe in worshipping yourself others and items (but an not against paganism) as means of 'living', and all religions wisely speak against such bafoonary. Reverance for all that is still possible and fundamental without worship of it.

except satanism.

TSA
01-13-2009, 11:43 PM
i wouldn't say im a religious person either because I dont have a personal need for it but understand that for almost everyone it's a real live gut need like food and water and therefore respect and acknowledge it.

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2009, 11:47 PM
So id wouldn't say i believe in God because i don't in the traditional sense, but the notion of God really depends of definition. As a guy in the sky no, as a definition of force, yeah, but why worship force?

.....thats all i needed

Mumm Ra
01-13-2009, 11:59 PM
a key element in christianity for example is that a relationship with god leads to a better spiritual life and and the opposite is a worship of self which leads to a spiritual shitholism.

this always makes me laugh.
I was at a catholic wedding in november and the preacher said "the Bible says you will know a tree by the fruit it bears"
I'm thinking okay, then why the hell are 95% of the christian/ catholic so called religious people I've ever met for the most part over emotional, get easily depressed, and do not live rationally.
That solves that tree I suppose.

TSA
01-14-2009, 12:02 AM
most 'religious' ppl have no clue what they're doing.

it's like hip hop. 80% of american youth are hip hop fans, only like, shall i say, 5% actually know the shit and a REAL fans of it.

ALCATRAZ
01-14-2009, 12:18 AM
so why fault someone for not giving a fuck altogether....

Mumm Ra
01-14-2009, 12:55 AM
I don't give a fuck if a person doesn't give a fuck altogether, or care what they believe, as long as that doesn't fuck with me. But that's usually not the case.

religiously speaking I don't believe in anything that can't be proven. I acknowledge and do my best to follow universal law.
To base your existence on belief is to, by definition, base it on doubt. And if you base any undertaking on doubt it's going to turn up fucked up like most people are.

01-14-2009, 03:21 AM
I was a believer until I was old enough to think for myself. I'd probably say I completely gave up on the idea of god around 5th or 6th grade. I refused to believe that I was born a sinner and said fuck it, if I need to degrade myself to be a servant of the lord then the lord can be a servant of my cock. It was then that I began to look elsewhere for information pertaining to history, origins of race, relation between man and woman, astrology, warfare, and so forth. The basic outside knowledge that I gained was more significant than a decade worth of biblical ducktales. It was then that my third eye began to open and I've been free ever since.
co-sign

-Bertrand Russell
agree

word
:yessad:
third eye = GED

hard to say. in the traditional judeo definition idk, but i've been given several definitions of god that exist like 'all that is'.

I dont believe God has a human concious and thinks "derrrp this guys dumb, Yaaayyyy this guys cool" and gay shit like that and i dont believe humans are above any other creation. Most ppl picture god as a guy of a seat with opinions.

God makes more sense to me as the definitive word for creation. Sure the big bang happening and atoms and shit, but where is all that coming from?
I believe God is the trancending ultimate but if so i dont see any reason to 'worship' God.

at the same time i don't believe in worshipping yourself others and items (but an not against paganism) as means of 'living', and all religions wisely speak against such bafoonary. Reverance for all that is still possible and fundamental without worship of it.

except satanism.
word
i wouldn't say im a religious person either because I dont have a personal need for it but understand that for almost everyone it's a real live gut need like food and water and therefore respect and acknowledge it.
co-sign
this always makes me laugh.
I was at a catholic wedding in november and the preacher said "the Bible says you will know a tree by the fruit it bears"
I'm thinking okay, then why the hell are 95% of the christian/ catholic so called religious people I've ever met for the most part over emotional, get easily depressed, and do not live rationally.
That solves that tree I suppose.
most 'religious' ppl have no clue what they're doing.

it's like hip hop. 80% of american youth are hip hop fans, only like, shall i say, 5% actually know the shit and a REAL fans of it.
I don't give a fuck if a person doesn't give a fuck altogether, or care what they believe, as long as that doesn't fuck with me. But that's usually not the case.

religiously speaking I don't believe in anything that can't be proven. I acknowledge and do my best to follow universal law.
To base your existence on belief is to, by definition, base it on doubt. And if you base any undertaking on doubt it's going to turn up fucked up like most people are.
co-sign

PEACE

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2009, 06:06 AM

I believe that anyone who makes such threads be retarded. (It's impossible to prove because the numerus is way too large to make a competent survey, even if we don't count secondaries.)

Longbongcilvaringz
01-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Diggy's responses in this thread are very humorous.

Thanks for that.

The Void
01-14-2009, 12:22 PM
One of the things I believe but can't prove is that Jesus is in a ufo right now waiting to "return / descend from the clouds" The ship's name is Starcraft. Word.

I agree with the Jesus returns in many forms to save the Earth (humanity), as Jesus is an incarnation of the one we call God, even though there are many Gods that are attributed to many things, the Sun, Planets, Water, etc. The Bhagavad Gita helped with that understanding.

I also do not fear death, I had a visitor from that realm, after death the spirit returns to the source energy it was originally born from, stays there for three days before returning to a new body. That place is bliss, the person who I saw lived in pain that was almost unbearable but I saw a smile the whole time. In Zen white represents death. This is also why I haven't gotten upset over friends or family or even celebrities dying, I know they are in a better place and they will return to us in one form or another.

Civilison
01-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm not trying to get deep here. I just mean shit like reincarnation, karma, god.... things like that. What brought you to that understanding? Has believing in those things helped shape your life at all? Are you a different person because of it? Keep your answers as simple as possible but don't forget to explain. 1pz
first off b4 i start saying, to me it goes deeper than just "believing" to believe is to have confidence in a certain 'truth' it is not to directly know that truth. i've considered reincarnation and i acknowledge the realities of karma and a supreme consciousness. karma is simply cause and effect even newton said for every fore there is a counterforce. with god essentialy men is god, men with a certain degree of consciousness is who expresses god thats how i c it. god is also manifested thru all of nature and natural laws everything is mathematics, everything has a pattern a calculation. science is an extraction of supreme intelligence from nature. i like the kemetic system that maps out the different degrees of your spiritual evolution/cultivation. g.o.d. is essentialy you your consciousness which is intagible and fully active without the physical means (body) to express it. g.o.d. is how you allign yourself with the order of the cosmos your daily physical circumference and your yearly cycle. its all of that plus lots more with abstract esoteric concepts you have to consider the whole and keep connecting all the pieces until we get closer to seein the whole puzzle. about reincarnation almost all of the ancient cultures included the idea of reincarnation into their theologies and theospophies with a very satisfying explanation, another thing that kinda goes with reincarnation is acnestor communication rituals how about that then? its like its a cycle mainly divided into two segments the 'expansive' and 'condensing' (birth-death) the movement of energy and how it leaves and enters the realms of existence. real talk real science it's out there to research. also its way more effective to b contemplating real stuff like this at a slower brain and breath rate!

and ye dunn its def affected me. it made my every thought go thru a filter b4 i could consider it true or false.

at the end of the day tho every single human being has his/her own path and realizations to make as to what g.o.d. is so anyone can say their opinion but it aint until you conglomerate all of your knowledge and experience and formulate your own understanding in respect to the topics at hand.
PZ

Koolish
01-14-2009, 12:53 PM
i spent months thinking about this.

to me, evolution makes more sense.

Civilison
01-14-2009, 01:01 PM
^aigh lemme ask you then cuz it always bothered me how can you be all right with thinking that you yourself and all of your ancestors came from a fuckin chimp??? im not knockin evolution it has lots of valid science i just always found it wack the actual thought of us descending from goddamn chimpz. it just doesn't go with me that shit is almost degrading to human thought. thats not to say that live did not not occur as a string of evolutionary processes on the line of time based on the survival of the fittest/natural selection. but when it comes to the origin of men i like to think more of it nahmean? peace

Koolish
01-14-2009, 01:56 PM
^aigh lemme ask you then cuz it always bothered me how can you be all right with thinking that you yourself and all of your ancestors came from a fuckin chimp??? im not knockin evolution it has lots of valid science i just always found it wack the actual thought of us descending from goddamn chimpz. it just doesn't go with me that shit is almost degrading to human thought. thats not to say that live did not not occur as a string of evolutionary processes on the line of time based on the survival of the fittest/natural selection. but when it comes to the origin of men i like to think more of it nahmean? peace
don't quote me on this, but supposedly it's not that we came from chimps, but us and monkeys had a common ancestor.

and it's true, the perspective of "In the image of God" to the perspective of "Just an eventually formed animal" are fucking drastically different.

Art Vandelay
01-14-2009, 04:51 PM

you are almost right that there is no comparison between teapots and god. there is one comparison. both are man made. other than that, there is no comparison. you can see a teapot. a teapot is useful. nobody kills over a teapot. rights aren't taken away because of teapots. once you have a teapot, you don't have to keep giving it money. a teapot isn't needy. you can use it whenever you want, or never. you don't have to give it a blowjob every sunday for an hour to help its self-esteem

snapple
01-14-2009, 05:00 PM
i beleive in god....i was raised that way...i lost my faith in my teen years....but i kno for a fact there is a god now. i could never proove that 2 anybody but I kno. same with karma. i definitly beleive in karma more and more.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 05:03 PM
you don't have to give it a blowjob every sunday for an hour to help its self-esteem

LOL. Is that Mass or the priest you blew that you are referring to?

TSA
01-14-2009, 05:15 PM
when did i do such a thing

i dont give a fuck in the sense that i dont do the traditions and what not but i like learning about it.
some ppl don't need it. some ppl do need it but don't realize

diggy
01-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Lol!!

Mumm Ra
01-14-2009, 05:17 PM
I personally don't believe any organism evolves past it's core function on this earth. What if the nitrogen fixing bacteria or such things evolved past what they do?? We wouldn't be here.
I didn't come from a monkey.

Art Vandelay
01-14-2009, 05:21 PM
i beleive in god....i was raised that way...i lost my faith in my teen years....but i kno for a fact there is a god now. i could never proove that 2 anybody but I kno. same with karma. i definitly beleive in karma more and more.

isn't karma kind of the opposite of god?

Art Vandelay
01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
LOL. Is that Mass or the priest you blew that you are referring to?

lol, i'm talking about jesus and god. what's with their self-esteem issues. most people love them. why do they have to hear everyone say it every fucking sunday for an entire hour. fuck them

diggy
01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Hey, Art, religion and God are two different subjects. I do not attend any religious service, but I believe in God.

Art Vandelay
01-14-2009, 05:31 PM
i never said they were. i was specifically answering nick tooch's question there.

snapple
01-14-2009, 05:47 PM
isn't karma kind of the opposite of god?

how you figure?...

diggy
01-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Karma means action.

God means a supreme being.

good karma = good deeds
bad karma = bad deeds

Biblical scripture teaches that good will comeback to one who does good and bad will come back to one who does bad.

This accords with the karma concept.

Karma is not opposite of God.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 07:58 PM
The only thing I'm certain about is that I don't know.

diggy
01-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Ignorance - the mark of a fool.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 08:07 PM

If i was ignorant, i would think I know it all.

Revolution looks good from far away.

diggy
01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
If i was ignorant, i would think I know it all.

Revolution looks good from far away.

Actually, thinking u know it all is arrogance.

You are ignorant.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 08:17 PM
your a racist posing as a revolutionist. your a part of the same hypocrisy you oppose.

Plus, its obvious by now that you are a virgin. That has no relevence, but it is apparent now and might lend some insight into your constant frustration.

diggy
01-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Nicky, just grab yourself a spicy italian sausage, some meat balls, and melted mozarella cheese and ram them up your loose anus. I know it's loose cuz you said so in that thread in Gen chat about shitting in your pants.

TSA
01-14-2009, 10:03 PM
least ignorant post in the thread
ppl have a hard time just saying they dont know.

Art Vandelay
01-14-2009, 10:16 PM
you know this forum is fucked when tooch and tsa are the people making the most sense.

diggy
01-14-2009, 10:25 PM
you know this forum is fucked when tooch and tsa are the people making the most sense.

You have selective attention.

Art Vandelay
01-14-2009, 10:31 PM
you are the worst person to have a conversation with because you won't listen to anybody else's opinion. you then tell anybody that doesn't believe exactly what you believe that they are ignorant or they have selective attention.

listen, kid. you believe in god. i don't have a probelm with that. i can't prove that there isn't a god, so you are entitled to that. i'm actaully agnostic, but bordering athiest. i'm 99% sure there is no god. you can't prove there is one, but for some reason you have a problem with that.

ALCATRAZ
01-14-2009, 10:41 PM
people who believe jesus is our lord and savior have a hard time just saying they dont know.

there ya go buddy

diggy
01-14-2009, 11:02 PM
you are the worst person to have a conversation with because you won't listen to anybody else's opinion. you then tell anybody that doesn't believe exactly what you believe that they are ignorant or they have selective attention.

listen, kid. you believe in god. i don't have a probelm with that. i can't prove that there isn't a god, so you are entitled to that. i'm actaully agnostic, but bordering athiest. i'm 99% sure there is no god. you can't prove there is one, but for some reason you have a problem with that.

I am the worst person to have a conversation with YOU cuz YOU just don't know how to have a proper conversation to bring about the right response.

Check most of my posts and see how I responded to people who are genuinely trying to have a conversation on a subject.

In the beginning of this thread I presented my view of things and so did others. Then YOU decided to be an instigator by saying the only one's making sense are TSA and Nicky, ignoring what I brought to the thread, indirectly dissing me.

So I said what I had to say by saying you have selective attention which you do have if you are gonna say only TSA and Nicky are making sense.

Now you're mad that I spoke back and said that you cannot have a decent convo with me, when YOU are the one who instigated this arguement.

You can't have it both ways, if you're gonna diss me, I'm gonna diss back.

01-15-2009, 05:33 AM
you are almost right that there is no comparison between teapots and god. there is one comparison. both are man made. other than that, there is no comparison. you can see a teapot. a teapot is useful. nobody kills over a teapot. rights aren't taken away because of teapots. once you have a teapot, you don't have to keep giving it money. a teapot isn't needy. you can use it whenever you want, or never. you don't have to give it a blowjob every sunday for an hour to help its self-esteem
plain, simple and on point

PEACE
I personally don't believe any organism evolves past it's core function on this earth. What if the nitrogen fixing bacteria or such things evolved past what they do?? We wouldn't be here.
I didn't come from a monkey.
makes sense

PEACE
One of the things I believe but can't prove is that Jesus is in a ufo right now waiting to "return / descend from the clouds" The ship's name is Starcraft. Word.

I agree with the Jesus returns in many forms to save the Earth (humanity), as Jesus is an incarnation of the one we call God, even though there are many Gods that are attributed to many things, the Sun, Planets, Water, etc. The Bhagavad Gita helped with that understanding.

I also do not fear death, I had a visitor from that realm, after death the spirit returns to the source energy it was originally born from, stays there for three days before returning to a new body. That place is bliss, the person who I saw lived in pain that was almost unbearable but I saw a smile the whole time. In Zen white represents death. This is also why I haven't gotten upset over friends or family or even celebrities dying, I know they are in a better place and they will return to us in one form or another.
:lmao:who knowz, who knowz

PEACE
pz
first off b4 i start saying, to me it goes deeper than just "believing" to believe is to have confidence in a certain 'truth' it is not to directly know that truth. i've considered reincarnation and i acknowledge the realities of karma and a supreme consciousness. karma is simply cause and effect even newton said for every fore there is a counterforce. with god essentialy men is god, men with a certain degree of consciousness is who expresses god thats how i c it. god is also manifested thru all of nature and natural laws everything is mathematics, everything has a pattern a calculation. science is an extraction of supreme intelligence from nature. i like the kemetic system that maps out the different degrees of your spiritual evolution/cultivation. g.o.d. is essentialy you your consciousness which is intagible and fully active without the physical means (body) to express it. g.o.d. is how you allign yourself with the order of the cosmos your daily physical circumference and your yearly cycle. its all of that plus lots more with abstract esoteric concepts you have to consider the whole and keep connecting all the pieces until we get closer to seein the whole puzzle. about reincarnation almost all of the ancient cultures included the idea of reincarnation into their theologies and theospophies with a very satisfying explanation, another thing that kinda goes with reincarnation is acnestor communication rituals how about that then? its like its a cycle mainly divided into two segments the 'expansive' and 'condensing' (birth-death) the movement of energy and how it leaves and enters the realms of existence. real talk real science it's out there to research. also its way more effective to b contemplating real stuff like this at a slower brain and breath rate!

and ye dunn its def affected me. it made my every thought go thru a filter b4 i could consider it true or false.

at the end of the day tho every single human being has his/her own path and realizations to make as to what g.o.d. is so anyone can say their opinion but it aint until you conglomerate all of your knowledge and experience and formulate your own understanding in respect to the topics at hand.
PZ
word the mother

PEACE and RESPECT
word
least ignorant post in the thread
ppl have a hard time just saying they dont know.
word
:lmao:

word
I am the worst person to have a conversation with YOU cuz YOU just don't know how to have a proper conversation to bring about the right response.

Check most of my posts and see how I responded to people who are genuinely trying to have a conversation on a subject.

In the beginning of this thread I presented my view of things and so did others. Then YOU decided to be an instigator by saying the only one's making sense are TSA and Nicky, ignoring what I brought to the thread, indirectly dissing me.

So I said what I had to say by saying you have selective attention which you do have if you are gonna say only TSA and Nicky are making sense.

Now you're mad that I spoke back and said that you cannot have a decent convo with me, when YOU are the one who instigated this arguement.

You can't have it both ways, if you're gonna diss me, I'm gonna diss back.
:stroke:

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 12:37 PM
bump

Art Vandelay
01-15-2009, 02:46 PM
people will say that there has to be a god because somebody had to create everything. it couldn't appear out of nowhere. but when you ask "where did god come from" they say oh he was always here.

my arguement is, why can god always have been here but the universe couldn't. maybe the universe always was here, just like they think god was. i'm not saying that i'm right or they're wrong. i'm just saying look at both sides of the arguement.

this is the reason why i am agnostic. i, or nobody else, can explain where everything came from. if it came from god, then where did god come from? like tooch said, i don't pretend to know. but you shouldn't pretend to know either.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 03:49 PM
i guess i would be agnostic too by definition, but culturally i'm still catholic because if I do go to church it would be at a catholic church.

Art Vandelay
01-15-2009, 04:03 PM
i guess i would be agnostic too by definition, but culturally i'm still catholic because if I do go to church it would be at a catholic church.

i'm the opposite. i was raised catholic and i see how evil the catholic church really is. i would never choose to go to a catholic church again

zooruka
01-15-2009, 07:52 PM
people make me laugh they say they dont believe because they havent got any proof...but we do have proof we have the bible, JESUS is the proof that GOD exists and we know that he existed because we have witness`s who by the way gave there lives for what they saw and heard ( now nobody would give there life for a lie) and you can say many people do today but the gospel writters and apostles were direct eye witness`s ( so they must have seen somthing remarkable for them to die for it) also further proof that JESUS existed is given by the jewish historian josephus who wasnt a part of the religion of christianity and had nothing to gain personally by declaring that JESUS existed....but he did....so all these people cant be lying or delusional

so JESUS is the proof that GOD exists and the bible and the historian josephus is the proof that JESUS existed..so there you have it the domino effect and that says it all.

peace

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-15-2009, 08:00 PM
people will say that there has to be a god because somebody had to create everything. it couldn't appear out of nowhere. but when you ask "where did god come from" they say oh he was always here.

my arguement is, why can god always have been here but the universe couldn't. maybe the universe always was here, just like they think god was. i'm not saying that i'm right or they're wrong. i'm just saying look at both sides of the arguement.

this is the reason why i am agnostic. i, or nobody else, can explain where everything came from. if it came from god, then where did god come from? like tooch said, i don't pretend to know. but you shouldn't pretend to know either.

Both God and the Universe have always been. They are One and the same.

SHEM HETEP

01-15-2009, 08:10 PM
people make me laugh they say they dont believe because they havent got any proof...but we do have proof we have the bible, JESUS is the proof that GOD exists and we know that he existed because we have witness`s who by the way gave there lives for what they saw and heard ( now nobody would give there life for a lie) and you can say many people do today but the gospel writters and apostles were direct eye witness`s ( so they must have seen somthing remarkable for them to die for it) also further proof that JESUS existed is given by the jewish historian josephus who wasnt a part of the religion of christianity and had nothing to gain personally by declaring that JESUS existed....but he did....so all these people cant be lying or delusional

so JESUS is the proof that GOD exists and the bible and the historian josephus is the proof that JESUS existed..so there you have it the domino effect and that says it all.

peace

The bible is not proof. A book put together and arranged for the very purpose of leading people to believe a certain thing, does not mean it is proof of that certain thing.

Jesus is no more or less proof of God's existence than any other man.

...And the whole Josephus things has already been mentioned in this thread...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70034&page=2 (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70034&page=2)

Josephus' passages on Jesus = FORGERY.

So there you have it, the domino effect. As in, your whole argument comes crashing down.

SHEM HETEP

Art Vandelay
01-15-2009, 08:15 PM

peace

if you want to argue the new testament, the gospels were written years after jesus died by people who never knew him. nobody knows for sure what the fuck really happened. there was no internet in those days. news traveled as people traveled. it would take years after the death of jesus for the news to spread to even a few small towns away, let along countries. those stories were all word-of-mouth until years later when somebody finally wrote them down. you can't say it's the truth when nobody even knows the sources. if you went to a court of law to prove chirstianity, the judge would not allow the bible to be submitted as evidecne then you would have nothing else to go by. the bible is the only "proof" of christianity, and that might be the most sceptical document ever written.

jesus is like babe ruth. their are stories written down now that says that babe ruth promised sick boys in the hospital that he would hit a homerun for him. or their is the infamous "called shot". but there is no documentation from that day that proves it. these stories were all passed on orally like a bad case of herpes.

you say nobody would give their life for a lie? what about the soldiers in iraq? what about the people that drank the killer kool ade in joanstown africa? what about the heaven's gate people? if you are christian, than you must believe that the 9/11 hijackers died for a lie. they were told they would go to heaven and be with a dozen virgins. maybe they are. who am i to say they aren't. but your bible doesn't say this.

Art Vandelay
01-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Digi replying to tooch about the existance of god.

Diggy is a hypocrite ↨

Digi speaking on deja vu

I cannot explain it, nor can I control it, but I know what u mean. I've experienced it in dreams and awake with eyes open seeing things before they physically happened. I don't know how this is possible, but It happened.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 10:03 PM
If there was a Jesus... he probably loved anal sex (as the recipient of course)

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Digi replying to tooch about the existance of god.

Diggy is a hypocrite ↨

Digi speaking on deja vu

Yes, he hurls the accusation of racist at me frequently while calling me a wop.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 10:26 PM
wats a wop

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 10:53 PM
LOL...must not be too many Italians in San Fran

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 10:54 PM
they realize that cali = real niggaz...thats why they stay in ny u feel

01-16-2009, 01:45 AM
The bible is not proof. A book put together and arranged for the very purpose of leading people to believe a certain thing, does not mean it is proof of that certain thing.

Jesus is no more or less proof of God's existence than any other man.

...And the whole Josephus things has already been mentioned in this thread...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70034&page=2 (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70034&page=2)

Josephus' passages on Jesus = FORGERY.

So there you have it, the domino effect. As in, your whole argument comes crashing down.

SHEM HETEP
word

PEACE
if you want to argue the new testament, the gospels were written years after jesus died by people who never knew him. nobody knows for sure what the fuck really happened. there was no internet in those days. news traveled as people traveled. it would take years after the death of jesus for the news to spread to even a few small towns away, let along countries. those stories were all word-of-mouth until years later when somebody finally wrote them down. you can't say it's the truth when nobody even knows the sources. if you went to a court of law to prove chirstianity, the judge would not allow the bible to be submitted as evidecne then you would have nothing else to go by. the bible is the only "proof" of christianity, and that might be the most sceptical document ever written.

jesus is like babe ruth. their are stories written down now that says that babe ruth promised sick boys in the hospital that he would hit a homerun for him. or their is the infamous "called shot". but there is no documentation from that day that proves it. these stories were all passed on orally like a bad case of herpes.

you say nobody would give their life for a lie? what about the soldiers in iraq? what about the people that drank the killer kool ade in joanstown africa? what about the heaven's gate people? if you are christian, than you must believe that the 9/11 hijackers died for a lie. they were told they would go to heaven and be with a dozen virgins. maybe they are. who am i to say they aren't. but your bible doesn't say this.
word

PEACE
If there was a Jesus... he probably loved anal sex (as the recipient of course)
:lmao: maybe he was bi:lmao:

PEACE

Mumm Ra
01-16-2009, 07:54 AM

peace
is this dude for real??
people like this scare me.

01-16-2009, 08:25 AM
is this dude for real??
people like this scare me.
:lmao:of course he's for real - it's prof zooruka a.k.a. ruler zig zag

zigalar:lmao: - undisputed legend of the wucorp boards:lmao:

PEACE

Black Man
01-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Do you believe in anything that can't be proven? No, Knowledge is THE FOUNDATION (not a foundation).

Those who say they 'believe' simply lack the knowledge of that particular subject/thing in which they are dealing with, and normally because that said person lacks the knowledge they are confident with BELIEF or what they BELIEVE and tend to reject any KNOWLEDGE due to emotional stresses bonded to the oPINion or belief they hold close to their 'heart' and they also tend to reject any and everything that goes contrary to their belief.

Because that said person does not KNOW that also means that no person CAN know.

KNOWLEDGE, the foundation for which reality is constructed and 'built' off of.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-16-2009, 10:23 AM
they realize that cali = real niggaz...thats why they stay in ny u feel

not really. the niggaz in cali are just marks for the skinheads and the mexicans. American History X proved this.

dezmond
01-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Gravity..

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 11:45 AM
not really. the niggaz in cali are just marks for the skinheads and the mexicans. American History X proved this.
moron

Visionz
01-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Proof? What exactly is proof anyways? Everything that exists has been and will be, seems like "proof" is the last thing to catch up.

DNA
Black holes
Uranus

how long where these things in operation before there was either proof or knowledge of their existence?

so yeah, I know (believe) in things that have no "proof" as a scientist would understand it but I'm not about to wait around for them to catch up

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 12:31 PM
thats why i said simple shit like god and karma....shit that most adults already have a set opinion about (usually)

Visionz
01-16-2009, 12:56 PM
thats why i said simple shit like god and karma....shit that most adults already have a set opinion about (usually)
but that's what I'm saying, God isn't going to be simple at all but rather extremely complex and the more complex the subject matter the longer its going to take humans to find any discernable proof (even if the evidence pointing in that direction is everywhere for those that have the eyes to see)

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 01:13 PM
ughhh if i ask a person on the street 'do u believe in god' they are not gonna go on some rant about force and dao and discernable proof and evidence pointing in every which direction im jus askin if you believe in things that cant b proven, if so what are those things....typical answers are a) yes, b) i dont know, or c) no....

Visionz
01-16-2009, 01:24 PM
ughhh if i ask a person on the street 'do u believe in god' they are not gonna go on some rant about force and dao and discernable proof and evidence pointing in every which direction im jus askin if you believe in things that cant b proven, if so what are those things....typical answers are a) yes, b) i dont know, or c) no....

so you're basically seeking the blandest, least insightful conversation possible while still getting your question answered? (I've already answered the question in my first post in this thread)

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 01:26 PM
so you're basically seeking the blandest, least insightful conversation possible while still getting your question answered?

i dont understand why its so hard for niggaz to answer a question with one word

do you believe in god

yes no maybe so....what is so hard about that? i dont care how you define god, i understand people have their own opinions on what or who or why god is, i just wanna kno if u believe !! god damn i mean it could b tha fuckin tooth fairy, id ont care just keep it simple god....niggaz aint tryna read shit at 11:30 nawmsayin

Visionz
01-16-2009, 01:34 PM
i dont understand why its so hard for niggaz to answer a question with one word

do you believe in god

yes no maybe so....what is so hard about that? i dont care how you define god, i understand people have their own opinions on what or who or why god is, i just wanna kno if u believe !! god damn i mean it could b tha fuckin tooth fairy, id ont care just keep it simple god....niggaz aint tryna read shit at 11:30 nawmsayin
no :b

but yes (to the original ? )

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 01:40 PM
now thats more like it *salutes.....niggaz is tired n what not been out all night doin big kid typa shit nawmsayin aint tryna read no titangraphs this early lol

Visionz
01-16-2009, 01:44 PM
now thats more like it *salutes.....niggaz is tired n what not been out all night doin big kid typa shit nawmsayin aint tryna read no titangraphs this early lol

<---------been at work since 9 (1:42 central now) after 3 hours of sleep

guess I've gotten used to it after a while, and I'm king of titangraphs (actually thats' TSA)

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Proof? What exactly is proof anyways? Everything that exists has been and will be, seems like "proof" is the last thing to catch up.

DNA
Black holes
Uranus

how long where these things in operation before there was either proof or knowledge of their existence?

so yeah, I know (believe) in things that have no "proof" as a scientist would understand it but I'm not about to wait around for them to catch up

the thing i hate about believers more than anything is that they keep coming up with the weakest arguements. there is only one thing a believe should ever say: "i don't know but i have faith." that's it. that should be your arguement. i can't argue your faith.

people didn't "believe" in dna, black holes or uranus before they discovered them. so you can't compare them to god.

why would a scientist believe in something without any proof. scientists have theories, but they don't say for sure. like the dinosaurs dying off. some will say that they believe a giant meteor may have hit earth and they continue to research and study to prove or disprove their hypothesis. they don't say, i know for sure that a giant meteor hit earth and now we will no longer have to study dinosaurs.

so why would you do this with god? there are theories about god, but no proof.

and since you believe in things with no proof. if you send me $1,000 i will repay you $1million next month. although i can't prove it, i'm sure you believe me.

Visionz
01-16-2009, 03:20 PM
the thing i hate about believers more than anything is that they keep coming up with the weakest arguements. there is only one thing a believe should ever say: "i don't know but i have faith." that's it. that should be your arguement. i can't argue your faith.

people didn't "believe" in dna, black holes or uranus before they discovered them. so you can't compare them to god.

why would a scientist believe in something without any proof. scientists have theories, but they don't say for sure. like the dinosaurs dying off. some will say that they believe a giant meteor may have hit earth and they continue to research and study to prove or disprove their hypothesis. they don't say, i know for sure that a giant meteor hit earth and now we will no longer have to study dinosaurs.

so why would you do this with god? there are theories about god, but no proof.

and since you believe in things with no proof. if you send me $1,000 i will repay you $1million next month. although i can't prove it, i'm sure you believe me.
actually there was believe that Uranus was there before it was proven to be there (check the history for further details) and the same thing with black holes (and especially with black holes as they by their very nature can't actually be proven---we're guessing they're their by there effects on light waves in areas we Believe black holes to exist) your arguement fails if that indeed is the basis of it.

but God is real, science hasn't come up with a way to prove it but I'm sure they will one day. You'd like for me to say "well, I don't know...." but I do know. Intuition has been the basis for a lot of scientific discovery.

and since you believe in things with no proof. if you send me $1,000 i will repay you $1million next month. although i can't prove it, i'm sure you believe me.if the collective evidence of everything in existence pointed that to be the case, I'd send you the grand. As its a lame attempt at sarcasm you get the :fucku: but with :b cuz people are free to believe (or not believe) in whatever they want. It makes no difference to me.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-16-2009, 03:32 PM
WHy does everything have to be so black and white tho???

Do i believe in God??? I don't know, it depends on what you mean by the question.

Maybe people just say yes, but really dont kno, cuz they figure they might as well just in case all the shit in the Bible is literally true.

Your not going to get much out of a simple yes and no.

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 03:34 PM
well i knew the steelers were going to beat the chargers last week. on the otherhand, a lot of people knew that the chargers were going to win. not everyone is right.

i am not saying i am right about god, i'm just saying that i am smart enough to say that i don't know. everyone keeps mentioning some sort of proof, but nobody has come forward with this so-called proof.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Do i believe in God??? I don't know, it depends on what you mean by the question.

You don't know. Thats all u had 2 say breh

Mumm Ra
01-16-2009, 05:16 PM
thinking somebody can give you proof of god's existence through the exchanging of words is like thinking a virgin could ever possibly know the actual experience of sex through the study of it.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 05:38 PM
if only everyone thought that logically.....

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 05:56 PM
thinking somebody can give you proof of god's existence through the exchanging of words is like thinking a virgin could ever possibly know the actual experience of sex through the study of it.

ok, then don't prove his existence through words. prove his existence through pictures, videos, fingerprints, sound recordings, infrared light, black light, x-ray. just give me something. don't tell me that you know there is an invisible man in the sky watching over me with invisible angels that have invisible wings that live in an invisible paradise, but the only problem is that you can't prove it.

you can make a virgin feel sex for the first time. let me see or hear or touch god.

01-16-2009, 06:06 PM
don't tell me that you know there is an invisible man in the sky watching over me with invisible angels that have invisible wings that live in an invisible paradise, but the only problem is that you can't prove it.

That version of God will never be proven. Fairytales.

Is this the only concept of God you've looked into?

SHEM HETEP

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 06:07 PM
bump art's last post

bump my 3rd plat thread in less than a month

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 06:14 PM
That version of God will never be proven. Fairytales.

Is this the only concept of God you've looked into?

SHEM HETEP

prove any concept of god to me. nobody here has proven god. finally now you are telling me that you can't prove the god i am thinking of but there now is some sort of other god. prove he/she/it to me me.

god is just an adults santa clause. god makes people feel like something fun is going to happen.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-16-2009, 06:24 PM
bump art's last post

bump my 3rd plat thread in less than a month

you have gotten more popular lately. YOu added a sig and an avy, and some rep.

Your welcome.

01-16-2009, 06:26 PM
God is all that exists because God exists as All.

Everything, when it comes down to it, is energy. Everything is made up of the same "stuff".

All is One.

One is All.

This One that is All is God.

SHEM HETEP

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 06:33 PM
ok, once again, where is your proof.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 06:33 PM
god is just an adults santa clause.

hahhahahaha

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 06:38 PM
george carlin was right on so many things. and he was the funniest mother fucker ever... here were his views on god/religion.

MeSSwKffj9o

edit

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 06:51 PM
george carlin on the 10 commandments

rCz0-HY1TLU

Mumm Ra
01-16-2009, 07:08 PM
ok, once again, where is your proof.
have you opened your eyes lately?

god is just an adults santa clause. god makes people feel like something fun is going to happen.
I don't think something fun is going to happen
unless I plan a night out at the bar, then something fun usually happens

you can make a virgin feel sex for the first time. let me see or hear or touch god.
can you? or does that said virgin have to prove it to THEMSELVES?
lol @ "let you"

zooruka
01-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Josephus was a Jewish Historian commissioned by the Roman Government to write the history of his people—The Nation of Israel.
o He wrote seven books between 60 and 80 AD, about a generation after the life of Jesus. Of Jesus Josephus said, “He is a doer of wonderful works” He also said that Jesus was condemned to the cross by Pilate and appeared to them alive again on the third day. (Josephus 18.3.3).
o It is significant to note that Josephus was a non-believer

peace

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 07:23 PM
i'm a non believer, but if you pay me, i'll write a book about jesus too. so what's your point?

and just because somebody writes something, it doesn't make it true.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 07:25 PM
you have gotten more popular lately. YOu added a sig and an avy, and some rep.

Your welcome.
dont b mad cuz a nigga got all types of fame and u just got procuitti aka prostitutes

Mumm Ra
01-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Josephus was a Jewish Historian commissioned by the Roman Government to write the history of his people—The Nation of Israel.
o He wrote seven books between 60 and 80 AD, about a generation after the life of Jesus. Of Jesus Josephus said, “He is a doer of wonderful works” He also said that Jesus was condemned to the cross by Pilate and appeared to them alive again on the third day. (Josephus 18.3.3).
o It is significant to note that Josephus was a non-believer

peace
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70034&page=2
I didn't know of Josephus before it being mentioned on here, but it didn't take a load of research to see that claim is extremely sketchy.

don't tell me that you know there is an invisible man in the sky watching over me with invisible angels that have invisible wings that live in an invisible paradise.
I didn't tell you that.
Actually I think all of those things are utterly ridiculous.
Is this the ONLY view of god you have? That you base your entire distrust of religion against?
You want a quick answer on an internet forum while I've spent years reading tens of thousands of pages of religious texts, and actually trying to LIVE them out (which my metaphor was for). If you want to take the time to broaden your views, then debate them once you have an underlying understanding of them, you're welcome to.
Not to mention some people (most) are too caught up in their left-brain thinking to even grasp some holistic concepts even if they were handed to them.

THE MASON
01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
i'm a non believer, but if you pay me, i'll write a book about jesus too. so what's your point?

and just because somebody writes something, it doesn't make it true.

LOL

the truth

i believe in the free market...........

but we all know nothing is free LOL

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 07:44 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70034&page=2
I didn't know of Josephus before it being mentioned on here, but it didn't take a load of research to see that claim is extremely sketchy.

I didn't tell you that.
Actually I think all of those things are utterly ridiculous.
Is this the ONLY view of god you have? That you base your entire distrust of religion against?
You want a quick answer on an internet forum while I've spent years reading tens of thousands of pages of religious texts, and actually trying to LIVE them out (which my metaphor was for). If you want to take the time to broaden your views, then debate them once you have an underlying understanding of them, you're welcome to.
Not to mention some people (most) are too caught up in their left-brain thinking to even grasp some holistic concepts even if they were handed to them.

i'm proud you can read. i read too. but the stuff i read i can tell you about it without being vague. you say you have read 10,000 pages yet you haven't been able to tell me one thing. no matter what i say, you say that's not what you believe, yet you won't say what you believe.

you are once again putting me down for not believing exactly what you believe (even if i don't know what that is because you won't say, lol.)

you want me to read all of these religious texts so i can debate you, but there is not one shread of evidence that any of it is true. i read the bible when i was a kid, i went to church as a kid, i realize that it is all bullshit. now before you tell me that you have read 100s of bibles and went to 1000s of different churches and i only read 1 bible and went to 1 church so you know more than me, just tell me one religion that isn't about controlling thoughts and actions of supposed "free-willed" people or tell me 1 bible that has any evidence in it that any of it is true.

if you can do that please reply with the info and i will read it. if you can't do that, just reply back that you can't do that and i will respect you and your religious beliefs, whatever they are.

Mumm Ra
01-16-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't believe
my view of god is that it's my self (as well as yours, btw)
check the book Metu Neter
peace

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 07:53 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/nagchampa86/Animated%20Gifs/dziblx.gif

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 08:12 PM

what's funny is that you are insulting left-brained people (i guess you mean me) for being LOGICAL. other than religion, what else should i not be logical about? why is it that anybody who tries to push their religious view point on somebody always thinks that the other person "lacks something" that doesn't allow them to believe what they believe. it's like i am stupid because i don't believe in your god, or your definition of god.

it's like catholics and protestants used to hate each other because of their different view points. then they realized that they both believe in jesus so they decided to hate the jews. now christians and jews both believe in the same god, but muslims don't. so the 3 of them hate muslims. now christians, jews, and (non-radical) muslims all have a monotheistic belief so even though they all hate each other, they hate athiests/agnostics or other unconventional religions more. (sorry, unconventional is my term. i couldn't think of the proper word to use.)

i am agnostic. but so my question to you, lucid, is what god/religion/philosophy do you want me to follow so that you will think i am as smart an open-minded as you? now don't tell me that you don't want to pick a specifc god/religion/philosophy to follow, but you just want me to research and pick one on my own. i have already done that. i have "chosen" a philosophy to believe in already and that wasn't good enough for you. for some reason that isn't ok with you. so

01-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Saying that many people are too caught up in left side of the brain thinking is not an insult (unless you have a really low self esteem). Dominate left side of the brain thinking (linear, sequential thinking, separates into parts) can hinder ones ability to see things from an holistic point of view. Wouldn't it be safe to assume that a balance of both sides of the brain working together is needed to get a better grasp of reality.

SHEM HETEP

SHEM HETEP

Art Vandelay
01-16-2009, 08:56 PM
who's to say that i haven't used my right brain? i have come to the conclusion that there isn't a god. that's my opinion. i don't know why some people seem to have a problem with that. you guys seem to think that i am closed-minded or i didn't use my brain when i came to this decision. i used to believe in god and jesus and the angels who play harps and a woman who didn't have sex but got pregnant and a red guy who lived in a lair of fire who would torture me if i was bad. i was trained to think that way and i did for a long time. i was close-minded then. i was only using one side of my brain then (actually i wasn't using my brain at all. i was told i had to think like that.) once i opened my mind and started taking in all information, like SCIENCE, i came to the conclusion that there is more out there than some invisible man in the sky. i realize that there is more out there then we will ever know. you guys should open your minds and see this universe for what it is. everyday scienteists are discovering new things about our universe or even just our world that teaches us more about creation than the bible ever could. of course that's just my opinion, i could be wrong.

also, if any of you creationists could please tell me how do the dinosaurs fit into god creating the world, then a few days later creating adam and eve. but the dinosaurs died off millions of years before man ever existed.

01-16-2009, 09:30 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings Art...

I don't have a problem with your decision, just discussing possibilities and maybe offer you possibilities that sees God and Science as one.

Also, it's basically been myself and Lucid building with you over the past couple of pages. So, while I can't exactly speak for Lucid (but I got a good idea that we are coming from the same foundation), I can tell you that I don't give a damn about the Bible as a means of forming my views of reality. There are some good stories in there and they can help one learn valuable lessons, but like your man George Carlin said you can learn things from the 3 pigs and little red riding hood too.

My concept of God does not come from the institute of tricknowledgy that is organised christianity (or the 2 other Judaic based religions either).

SHEM HETEP

Koolish
01-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Saying that many people are too caught up in left side of the brain thinking is not an insult (unless you have a really low self esteem). Dominate left side of the brain thinking (linear, sequential thinking, separates into parts) can hinder ones ability to see things from an holistic point of view. Wouldn't it be safe to assume that a balance of both sides of the brain working together is needed to get a better grasp of reality.

SHEM HETEP

SHEM HETEP
not a lot of people are aware of how to choose which side of the brain to use, sounds like a super power or something.

01-17-2009, 12:49 AM
^^^
It's not. But I agree not many people would know how to do any different than what they have been habitual programmed into doing.

Visionz
01-17-2009, 01:18 AM
i'm proud you can read. i read too. but the stuff i read i can tell you about it without being vague. you say you have read 10,000 pages yet you haven't been able to tell me one thing. no matter what i say, you say that's not what you believe, yet you won't say what you believe.

you are once again putting me down for not believing exactly what you believe (even if i don't know what that is because you won't say, lol.)

you want me to read all of these religious texts so i can debate you, but there is not one shread of evidence that any of it is true. i read the bible when i was a kid, i went to church as a kid, i realize that it is all bullshit. now before you tell me that you have read 100s of bibles and went to 1000s of different churches and i only read 1 bible and went to 1 church so you know more than me, just tell me one religion that isn't about controlling thoughts and actions of supposed "free-willed" people or tell me 1 bible that has any evidence in it that any of it is true.

if you can do that please reply with the info and i will read it. if you can't do that, just reply back that you can't do that and i will respect you and your religious beliefs, whatever they are.

There is a fundamental problem with the entire argument because its based on a misunderstanding.

You want proof of God but to see that proof you'd first have to understand what that concept means to me in the first place (or to anyone else you're having the conversation with)

For instance, if you're having a conversation with Prof Zooruka on god he's not going to come with anything that escapes from a dogmatic and reguritated state of mind. This is why all his conversations revolve around quoting the Bible or ancient historians who have had a history of exaggerating the truth. Its an example of an institutionalized mindset. Most people that can't stand religion or are an atheist probably ran into too many real-life Zoorukas. (please don't associate me with this thinking when you hear God)

My own sense of God is beyond the scope of any one religion. There's certain principle that are within most major religions that I believe to be universal truths. The golden rule will always be true as a way of personal conduct. Its not ground-breaking or no shit but you gotta be the change you want to see (as the hindu Gandhi is famous for saying) if a better world is ever to come about.

The universal truths in religion, beyond any dogmatic principles, are good for the world and always will be. The God I know is the life-source that's in everything from humans, from stars, the earth, the trees, everything. Everything is connected and God is the glue that binds. God is not just that. I'm human, God is the source of all creation so what kind of jackass would I be to assume to know the limitations (if there are any) to what God is and could be? All that is love, all that is good in the world that's God.

What proof of this concept?

dark matter points to it
that fact that galaxies from a very, very distant viewpoint look like the nurons in your head point to it
the fact that all iron originally forms in the center of stars and that we would get anemic without this iron points to it
those photos that show the electro-magnetic field around everyone's body and that the size of that engery field varies point to it,
the carbon globules that float around space like seeds for life point to it

when it comes down to it, its not really about proof, its about perspective. If we don't share the same perspective, cool but maybe there's some comfort in knowing not everyone is on the Santa Claus concepts.

Mumm Ra
01-17-2009, 08:24 AM
thanks to Visions and Golden Falcon for clearing things up for me while I was gone.. Pretty much covered anything I would have to say
peace, sleep time

Urban_Journalz
01-17-2009, 09:51 AM

Yes.

In fact, most of what keeps me going is a belief in things that cannot be scientifically proven. God, Angels, Chi, Chakras, etc. Science has it's place, but it has a great limitation. That being, it only focuses on what can be picked up by the 5 Senses. When taken too far, this hinders the student because most of them accept a false theory.

I believe in these things because I listen to my soul. I go off of feeling AND thought, as opposed to one or the other. That's how I come to most of my conclusions.

It changed me in a lot of ways, because to believe in the unseen is a sign of spiritualism. The Human microcosm is made of mind, body, soul and spirit. To neglect any of these is to neglect a piece of our nature. I could give mad examples, but I won't because it's best to find out for yourself.

Peace

dezmond
01-18-2009, 12:14 PM
http://tbn2.google.com/images?

Urban_Journalz
01-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Also, we should think about Quantum Theory.

Due to this, "discovery", modern science is now saying the same things that many of the ancient texts and tribes have believed in since the days of Earth's youth.

Ancient man didn't know about gravity in the same way that we now know about it, but I'm sure that when they saw birds flying, that they knew there was a force that those birds were conquering and that they could not.

Peace

ALCATRAZ
01-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Yes.

In fact, most of what keeps me going is a belief in things that cannot be scientifically proven. God, Angels, Chi, Chakras, etc. Science has it's place, but it has a great limitation. That being, it only focuses on what can be picked up by the 5 Senses. When taken too far, this hinders the student because most of them accept a false theory.

I believe in these things because I listen to my soul. I go off of feeling AND thought, as opposed to one or the other. That's how I come to most of my conclusions.

It changed me in a lot of ways, because to believe in the unseen is a sign of spiritualism. The Human microcosm is made of mind, body, soul and spirit. To neglect any of these is to neglect a piece of our nature. I could give mad examples, but I won't because it's best to find out for yourself.

Peace
Peace... thanks 4 contributing