PDA

View Full Version : Creationism Vs the Monkey theory.

WARPATH
01-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Ok let's keep it real simple.

We have a camp here that thinks we were made from a higher power.........god Allah, Aliens, etc.

We have a camp here that thinks we sprouted from monkeys. :=)

Before Darwins theory, the scientific community was looking for way to make all the bible thumpers to shut the fuck up.

When Darwin came up with his theory, a lot of scientists jumped on the band wagon, and if you weren't riding shotgun you weren't respected.

And this has been the view in the scientific community ever since. Instead of "Well the Bilbe says that......." We have mother fuckers saying "Well Scientists say that..........."

So what this thread needs is to really look at the facts. The history of the theories, how it's presented, and other conflicting schools of thought.

We need to take look at the church's influence on stupid people also.

Be respectful of peoples point-of-view, because this thread is going to go to shit really quick. I really don't think this community can have a discussion of this caliber (again).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Civilison
01-14-2009, 01:22 PM
pz i personally find myself in between the two views. i don't mean to come off topic but to me it was always pointless how these 2 mothafukaz always fought like that. why is that peoples always have to have opposing groups/segments/pieces?? this society is mad segregative g no joke its scary cuz peeps just dont have no type of unified theory and a unified theory is whats needed these days cuz history has proven that otherwise is not effective cuz on 1 side you got religious ppl based on faith and the other scientists based on facts? dont work

what we need is a 'religion' (and i dont even mean like religion like christianity but like the primordial religions) that is based on facts. in my books the origin of man is a physical but yet divine evolution. im not here to argue with ppl about this i just stated my view. im on both side and i rebuke both side.
PZ

Civilison
01-14-2009, 01:33 PM
also i posted sum relevant stuff in another thread so i'll jus paste it here:

aigh lemme ask you then cuz it always bothered me how can you be all right with thinking that you yourself and all of your ancestors came from a fuckin chimp??? im not knockin evolution it has lots of valid science i just always found it wack the actual thought of us descending from goddamn chimpz. it just doesn't go with me that shit is almost degrading to human thought. thats not to say that live did not not occur as a string of evolutionary processes on the line of time based on the survival of the fittest/natural selection. but when it comes to the origin of men i like to think more of it nahmean? peace

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 01:37 PM
if we came from monkeys, than that means we came from what monkeys came from and came from what pre-monkeys came from etc...

So basicaly we came from the earth and the earth came from a star and the star came from dust and elements, and elements came from...............

................God.

it all relates.

DUMBO
01-14-2009, 01:49 PM
god is so 14th century. evolution is strong theory, because it can be tested with every paleo-biological discovery, and it self-evident in our world if you have eyes. theism is just some silly cave men's speculation after getting their asses kicked by the elements.

Koolish
01-14-2009, 01:58 PM
the priest at my local church believes in evolution.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 02:04 PM
evolution makes sense on Earth.

But it doesnt explain how the universe started. I think thats where some turn to God.

Thats where i do.\

IrOnMaN
01-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Have you guys ever taken a Physical Anthropology course before?

IrOnMaN
01-14-2009, 02:16 PM
evolution makes sense on Earth.

But it doesnt explain how the universe started. I think thats where some turn to God.

Thats where i do.\

I don't believe that whole "Big Bang" theory. Where'd God come from?

WARPATH
01-14-2009, 02:22 PM
god is so 14th century. evolution is strong theory, because it can be tested with every paleo-biological discovery, and it self-evident in our world if you have eyes. theism is just some silly cave men's speculation after getting their asses kicked by the elements.

Every new discovery changes the theory of human origin a little more.

It's a convenient theory for the time being.

WARPATH
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I don't believe that whole "Big Bang" theory. Where'd God come from?

The real question is:

Where did existence come from?

How can you not exist?

Shogah
01-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Evolution path of humans is not fully discovered. It leaves lot of space for guessing.
Theory of evolution proves right when it comes to animals, but when it comes to humans, some links are still missing.

Tage
01-14-2009, 02:30 PM
thats stupid to say that "everyone jumped on the bandwagon" of darwin... he was pretty much hated for his beliefs and theories.

If creationism is true, explain dinosaurs that have been scientifically proven to have once existed. Ive once spoke to a really up-tight Christian about this, and they say that they were put their by God to test faith. Which seems to be a common answer to strongly religious people.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Have you guys ever taken a Physical Anthropology course before?

yea. I took human biocultural evolution. Great course.

TSA
01-14-2009, 02:35 PM
The story of adam and eve is CLEARLY, CLLEARRY a purely moral story that geniously defines all that is to come in the bible.

The story is really about man's relationship with god. In the beginning as always man has and has always had every single thing he needs and wants from nature just like any other animal. God gave man the freedom to define his destiny but with that freedom comes the acceptance of consequence. Alot of ppl think that God or the bible just tells ppl what to do and that's not true, it tells ppl that if you take this route this outcome happens if you take this route that outcome happens

since in the judeo tradition God= Goodness, a path away from God and towards the self is a path from goodness and there's consequences that are will inevitably be the price of diverging from God.

When eve was decieved its metaphor to the deception man has been killing himself over since day one, the sense that man is God. She was under the impression that she has free will, like God, and she did, and that If God can do all things she can do all things and eat the fruit making her more God like.

Well she ate it, diverged from God by going into herself and realized the 'imperfection' of human nature, namely nakedness, and became ashamed of it because she had pulled away from the beauty of god and seperated herself and humanity from him.

We all do this on a day to day basis. All the bullshit you see around you isn't creation, its man deciving himself to believe that he is a God and can therefore judge create and destroy at will and with this sense comes a seperation from 'Eden' and increased self destruction.

that's what the story is about i dont at all take it literally, until some can prove that it actually happened FA RE2Lz which they wont and can't cause it didn't. The story is genius but it's really a index of the general theme of the rest of the bible which is the alternative to oneness with God is a shithole existance.

pz i personally find myself in between the two views. i don't mean to come off topic but to me it was always pointless how these 2 mothafukaz always fought like that. why is that peoples always have to have opposing groups/segments/pieces?? this society is mad segregative g no joke its scary cuz peeps just dont have no type of unified theory and a unified theory is whats needed these days cuz history has proven that otherwise is not effective cuz on 1 side you got religious ppl based on faith and the other scientists based on facts? dont work

what we need is a 'religion' (and i dont even mean like religion like christianity but like the primordial religions) that is based on facts. in my books the origin of man is a physical but yet divine evolution. im not here to argue with ppl about this i just stated my view. im on both side and i rebuke both side.
PZ
co-sign. Religion needs to be based on facts. Religion for the most part is an explaination of the world as a group of people found it with moral overtones, so why, if out explaination has changed, can't we accept facts as facts and not conflict religion. Science and Religion are not opposites that should butt heads.

WARPATH
01-14-2009, 02:42 PM
thats stupid to say that "everyone jumped on the bandwagon" of darwin... he was pretty much hated for his beliefs and theories.

If creationism is true, explain dinosaurs that have been scientifically proven to have once existed. Ive once spoke to a really up-tight Christian about this, and they say that they were put their by God to test faith. Which seems to be a common answer to strongly religious people.

If nobody jumped on the bandwagon......

1. Why are you defedning darwin?

2. Why haven't you presented you won theory of dinosaurs?

Seems to me like Darwin was the only thinking outside the box and nobody had done so since.

TSA
01-14-2009, 02:42 PM
one thing i want to say about evolution, a subject which i don't know the most about but enough to discuss it at a basic level, is that evolution doesn't mean improvement

we get the idea that whatever 'evolved last' is the best and that's not true. Evolution is adaptation really, just readjusting to a set of circumstances that others like you don't have, and therefore you guys take different genetic paths by edict of natural selection.

most evolutionary traits are double edged. Most Nigerians have high blood pressure and problems with sickle cell, but without the 2 things they wouldn't be resistant to dense malaria in their area of the world, after some time ppl with good blood just died off cause shit was too real.

TSA
01-14-2009, 02:46 PM
also, why the fuck do asians have chink eyes?

wtf is that?

Tage
01-14-2009, 02:48 PM
If nobody jumped on the bandwagon......

1. Why are you defedning darwin?

2. Why haven't you presented you won theory of dinosaurs?

Seems to me like Darwin was the only thinking outside the box and nobody had done so since.

i didnt say "nobody"... i said "everyone"... the majority of people back then were religious. people nowadays are taught facts!.. they are not brought up on a belief system like they were 'back then'.

why do i want to present my own theory on dinosaurs?.. its common sense what i wrote in my last post.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 02:55 PM
also, why the fuck do asians have chink eyes?

wtf is that?

I think it has something to do with wind. If you notice, there are variations of chink eyes. Extra skin around the eyes to protect from the winds in places like Mongolia/ Korea.

Tage
01-14-2009, 02:56 PM
its due to the poor asian opticians that are working within the eastern continent.

TSA
01-14-2009, 03:02 PM
I think it has something to do with wind. If you notice, there are variations of chink eyes. Extra skin around the eyes to protect from the winds in places like Mongolia/ Korea.
well why would evolution cause chink eyed ppl to survive and non chinks to die out or not breed, wind doesnt kill you or even effect you.

http://www.lacitybeat.com/site_images_upload/legacy/media/87/eyes_story.gif

plus they have just as much eye exposed as the rest of us, its just shaped different..... except fucking ethiopians whose eye bludge out of there effin dome

http://www.nndb.com/people/536/000026458/gregory-hines.jpg

http://nazret.com/blog/media/blogs/new/meles_zenawi_clinton_092707.jpg

IrOnMaN
01-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Dinosaurs DID exist because there is strong fossil evidence! They first appeared in the late Triassic Period to the late Cretaceous Period (The Mesozoic Era). The comes The Cenozoic Era (the age of the mammals).

In Historical Geology and Physical Anthropology, I learned that humans came from lemurs because they we the first primates. Our earlier ancestors started to become bipedal. That's when the process of Natural Selection kicked in (quadrupedal to completely bipedal).

Chimpanzees can walk bipedal but not for very long. Their pelvis is not made for that.

WARPATH
01-14-2009, 03:46 PM
i didnt say "nobody"... i said "everyone"... the majority of people back then were religious. people nowadays are taught facts!.. they are not brought up on a belief system like they were 'back then'.

why do i want to present my own theory on dinosaurs?.. its common sense what i wrote in my last post.

You misinterpreted that last post. Re-read it please.

You claim it's commons sense because you can't think outside of what your taught? Or because you don't want to look at it differently?

Sounds like a religion to me.