PDA

View Full Version : BART Officer Charged With Murder In Oscar Grant Subway Shooting

food for thought
01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
BART Officer Charged With Murder In Shooting

OAKLAND (CBS 5 / AP / BCN) ―

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/23/2009/01/07/320x240/OscarGrant.jpg

The Alameda County District Attorney's Office said Wednesday that it has filed murder charges against a former Bay Area transit officer in the shooting death of an unarmed black man that set off violent protests.

District Attorney Tom Orloff said the murder charge was filed against 27-year-old Johannes Mehserle because the evidence indicates "an unlawful killing done by an intentional act."

"At this point, what I feel the evidence indicates, is an unlawful killing done by an intentional act and from the evidence we have, there's nothing that would mitigate that to something lower than a murder," Orloff said at a news conference announcing the charge.

He would not speculate on whether the charge would end up being first-degree murder or second-degree murder.

Witnesses said Mehserle fired into the back of 22-year-old Oscar Grant while the man was lying facedown on a train platform at BART's Fruitvale station in Oakland. Grant and others had been pulled off a train by officers after reports of fighting, as New Year's Eve revelers were shuttling home after midnight.

Mehserle was arrested in Douglas County, Nevada on a warrant Tuesday night, 12 days after the shooting death that sparked violent street protests.

Mehserle waived extradition to California early Wednesday during a brief court appearance in Minden, Nevada, and was being held without bail.

He was to be returned to California later Wednesday and would be transported to Santa Rita Jail in Dublin, a court clerk in Douglas County, Nevada said.

Mehserle could be arraigned in Alameda County Superior Court as early as Thursday afternoon, Orloff said.

Mehserle surrendered Tuesday evening without incident at a family friend's house in an upscale neighborhood on the east shore of Lake Tahoe, law enforcement officials said. Officers had contacted his attorney, Christopher Miller, to advise him an arrest warrant had been issued.

Miller, who accompanied Mehserle to court, planned a news conference at his office in Sacramento later Wednesday. He refused to talk to reporters at the courthouse.
The shooting, captured on amateur video cameras and widely viewed on TV and the Internet, has inflamed long-running tensions between law enforcement authorities and many African-American residents and black community leaders, who have berated BART officials at several public meetings since the incident.

Hundreds of protesters also had taken to the streets calling for the prosecution of Mehserle, with one rally last week spiraling into violence and resulting in more than 100 arrests and dozens of businesses damaged in downtown Oakland.

Another protest was planned Wednesday at 4 p.m. at Oakland City Hall. Dereca Blackmon, the co-founder of the Coalition Against Police Execution, which was organizing the protest, said it would continue despite the arrest and charges against Mehserle.

John Burris, the attorney for Grant's family, said the news of the charge was "terrific."

"It is consistent with the evidence I have seen. I think the family will be pleased," Burris said.

Burris indicated he had talked to Grant's mother, Wanda Johnson, on Tuesday night and she was delighted with the initial news of Mehserle's arrest.

"However it does not bring her son back," Burris said. "But she is happy and pleased that an arrest has occurred."

Jack Bryson of Hayward, whose sons, Jackie, 21, and Nigel, 19, were with Grant when he was killed, said late Tuesday the family also was happy that Mehserle was arrested. He said his sons and others friends with Grant that night remain traumatized from the shooting.

Douglas County, where the arrest occurred, is 15 miles south of Carson City in northwestern Nevada and includes Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley.

Undersheriff Paul Howell said he believes Mehserle went to Nevada for his own safety.

"He just wanted to get out of the Bay Area due to the magnitude of the incident," Howell said. "He wasn't trying to run."

Mehserle refused to talk to BART investigators before resigning his position last week. The transit authority passed on details of its internal investigation to the district attorney's office on Monday. The case also is being investigated by the Oakland Police Department.

State Attorney General Jerry Brown has assigned a prosecutor to monitor the case, and the U.S. Department of Justice has dispatched mediators to help avert violent protests such as one in Oakland last week.

BART board member Carole Ward Allen said she was pleased to hear the news about the arrest.

"I want to know why he did it," she said. "We've heard from everybody else but him. While I can't speak for the entire BART board, we want to make this process as transparent as possible."

http://cbs5.com/local/BART.officer.murder.2.908069.html

diggy
01-14-2009, 05:30 PM
A step in the right direction.

I hope he spends his last days locked up.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
He don't deserve life without parole.

He should do 15 and be let out if he's behaved himself. He wont even do that tho.

It wasn't premeditated, he was armed by his employers.

No way he will spend his last days in jail.

food for thought
01-14-2009, 05:38 PM
they said he intentionally murdered him.

hes in a position of authority.

therefore, he should get life.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 05:40 PM
who are 'they' to say he intentially murdered him.

They can't prove that. He won't get life. I could care less what he gets. I'm just sayin.

food for thought
01-14-2009, 05:43 PM
he wont get convicted of that shit let alone get life.

"they" are the same ones who tell the whole system who intentionally killed who.

V4D3R
01-14-2009, 05:44 PM
^Haha no evidence?

Did you not see the video?

He's on top on him while he is face down and he shoots him. As he is bashing his face in the concrete.

The guess for me is the lowest he will get is manslaughter for benefit of the doubt for its inconclusive in vid if there was intent but with the head bashing it could go to 2nd degree murder.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 05:45 PM
well, whatever.

He may get off, but I think he'll wind up doing some time.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 05:47 PM
^Haha no evidence?

Did you not see the video?

He's on top on him while he is face down and he shoots him. As he is bashing his face in the concrete.

The guess for me is the lowest he will get is manslaughter for benefit of the doubt for its inconclusive in vid if there was intent but with the head bashing it could go to 2nd degree.

that doesnt prove that he was trying to execute him. You can 'haha' all you want, but in court, you gotta prove that, and I don't think they can, cuz he's gonna say 'i thought it was a taser' i didn't want to kill him just shoot him.

food for thought
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
yea, but that didnt get him out of a murder with intent charge

im sure he knew it was his gun that he was pulling out to fire.

im sure a gun and taser are not that similar.

and there is not enough commotion for him to say he was rushing.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 05:53 PM
I think he'll definitely do some time, but like i said, they really can't prove that and i'd be surprised if they did.
They usually don't make examples out of cops either but who knows.

snapple
01-14-2009, 06:51 PM
good hopefully he gets life. he deserves it.

PALEHORSE
01-14-2009, 07:56 PM
i saw that vid its fuckedup. the cops confiscated everyones video and cell phones that were recording it to cover it up.but some one on the train filmed it.

...justice
score
satanist-1,000,000,000,000,ooo the people-1

ALCATRAZ
01-14-2009, 10:47 PM
satanist-1,000,000,000,000,ooo the people-1

word up

as long as he spends some time in tha bing its all gravy.... alameda county board knows the deal... if he gets anything less than jail time, oakland will burn.............mark my words...... today is january 14th, 2009.....if oscar grants killer gets off the hook, you will turn on your TV that night and see oakland in flames.....

11th Chamber
01-14-2009, 10:54 PM
He don't deserve life without parole.

He should do 15 and be let out if he's behaved himself. He wont even do that tho.

Shooting and killing a defenseless person warrents more than jus 15 years in prison

I dont kno what kind of fucked up logic u have

EAGLE EYE
01-14-2009, 10:55 PM
word up

as long as he spends some time in tha bing its all gravy.... alameda county board knows the deal... if he gets anything less than jail time, oakland will burn.............mark my words...... today is january 14th, 2009.....if oscar grants killer gets off the hook, you will turn on your TV that night and see oakland in flames.....

I fully believe what your saying about Oakland getting lit up, and mass chaos. People of every race are discussing this. It's about two things though:

Abuse of authority to the highest degree.
A mentally unstable police officer.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Shooting and killing a defenseless person warrents more than jus 15 years in prison

I dont kno what kind of fucked up logic u have

He's a cop, and it was an accident. I don't see him doing more time than that.

But life in prison??

Nope, he doesnt deserve that unless they can prove he shot that person with the intent to kill him.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Burn Oakland down.....yea, that will solve all the problems.

Thats the most retarded idea ever. And thats not justice.

Justice would be a mob kidnapping and lynching the suspect publicly.

The funniest part about the proposed rioting is that all these big mouths in here will be no where near the riots they want so much.

Speakonitgod will be sitting in his tighty whities in his mother's living room eating bbq flavored pork rinds posting on wucorp while it happens.

diggy
01-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Wop.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Wop.

http://www.brickcityboxing.com/media/marciano-walcott.jpg

j/k....i don't believe in senseless violence. i'd rather pay for your male hooker for all the trouble i caused you today.

Dig.......its on me.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Speakonitgod will be sitting in his tighty whities in his mother's living room eating bbq flavored pork rinds posting on wucorp while it happens.

U dont think I own a camcorder?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:36 AM
U dont think I own a camcorder?

lol...bitch you aint poor! just admit it.

if you were a 'real nigga' you'd be out there looting and turning cars over, not filming it for your documentary.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 12:40 AM
a nigga know how to multitask nigga y u hatin

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:44 AM
a nigga know how to multitask nigga y u hatin

hahahahaha....i like this kid. Proceed Bartholomew.

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Most people are sayin life, thats never gonna happen

1. hes a cop, knock off 20 years there
2. 9/10 of the law is perception, and that video is hard to find clear evidence of intent
3. the shoot wasnt even directed to a fatal area it richocheted, as i have heard

at the most second degree but i doubt it, most likely manslaughter

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Most people are sayin life, thats never gonna happen

1. hes a cop, knock off 20 years there
2. 9/10 of the law is perception, and that video is hard to find clear evidence of intent
3. the shoot wasnt even directed to a fatal area it richocheted, as i have heard

at the most second degree but i doubt it, most likely manslaughter

exactly.

food for thought
01-15-2009, 12:59 AM
if he was a regular person he would get life.

but since he is a cop, he wont even get convicted.

it is yet to happen, and i dont think this one is going to do it

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 01:03 AM
all i know is that a man was shot lying on his stomach... if he doesnt get over five years somebody is gettin smacked over tha head

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Well there IS a difference between a cop and a regular person. If he wasn't a cop, you could say he wouldn't even be in that situation, carrying a gun, or even caring about what Oscar Grant was doing.

He'll probably get convicted, because that was obviously excessive force. I mean, the kids dead and its on tape.

But, like we have been saying, they probably aren't going to be able to prove much beyond manslaughter.

I'm not for cops shooting up people, but this was ONE shot that ricocheted. I just don't see how they can convict him that easily.

food for thought
01-15-2009, 01:04 AM
those responsible for the Sean Bell's and Diallo's aint get convicted

i doubt this faggot is getting convicted over this camera video looking shit

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 01:06 AM

Well than, get your riot gear out. Maybe you'll be on TV.

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 01:06 AM
really it shouldnt matter if hes a cop or not

i personally dont think there was intent, he should do time for manslaughter

but the sad reality is the fact he wears a badge come into play, maybe it wont only time will tell.

If he doesnt get convicted, i recommend not rioting as a solution to all you californians, you did it once and look how far it got you, right back to square one

food for thought
01-15-2009, 01:07 AM
If he wasn't a cop, you could say he wouldn't even be in that situation, carrying a gun, or even caring about what Oscar Grant was doing.

lmao

einstien over here

food for thought
01-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Well than, get your riot gear out. Maybe you'll be on TV.

what?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 01:09 AM
lmao

einstien over here

Einstein???

YEa it might seem simple, yet that will be a serious factor in his defense.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 01:19 AM

thats different though.... the courts in new york know that new york niggaz are bitchmade with their tail between their legs....when is tha last time ny really got busy like they always claim to? oh yea, never.... thats why their killers got off....courts in cali kno not to pull that shit...fuck around and get another LA riot on ur hands.

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 01:20 AM
^ @ nicky Sad but true

the fact that he is an officer and has to respond to these things, in a way forces him to be there.

but the other fact still stands of excessive force.

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 01:26 AM
and speak

NY been doin the riot thing, first one was 1863

1935 Harlem had it first one many race riots, most recently i believe was 91 or 92

so LA aint the only place

food for thought
01-15-2009, 01:29 AM
^ true

and im sure fear of riots is not goin to sway a jurys verdict. get real nigga

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 01:31 AM
New York is different than California. YOu got alotta different neighborhoods with alot of different people.

I know when they were rioting in Cleveland in the '60's in Hough, which is near Little Italy, the Italians told the Cleveland police they didn't need there protection, and they had dudes on top of buildings with Machine guns in case the rioters and looters spilled into their neighborhood.

But like I said.....that rioting shit is old. It just give your neighborhood a worse reputation and makes relations with the cops worse.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 01:34 AM
just face it nickycooch... cali's swag > all

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 01:36 AM
^the fuck does swag have to do with anything

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 01:38 AM
this is a big game to speakonitgod. He thinks it makes the Bay area look 'hard'

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 01:41 AM
u thinkin too deep nigga...all im sayin is that cali niggaz are tha realest....we dont let anybody push us around like niggaz do in other areas.......niggaz b gettin shot like 2000 times in new york and niggaz just go to church n shit like some marks

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 01:45 AM
u thinkin too deep nigga...all im sayin is that cali niggaz are tha realest....we dont let anybody push us around like niggaz do in other areas.......niggaz b gettin shot like 2000 times in new york and niggaz just go to church n shit like some marks

um....no

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 01:47 AM
when you think of ny niggaz u think of niggaz in timbs and hoodies gettin tha shit smacked out of em by a pig....when u think of cali niggaz u think of niggaz jumpin on cop cars and lickin shots JUST BECAUSE.... not even for a reason nigga jus cuz its wednesday.... that is cali swag me friends

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 01:49 AM
LEw4eypIaQQ

"my first words was thug 4 life, and papa pass tha mac"

oooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeee

ee

e

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 01:52 AM
not really....

when i think of 'ny niggas' or any New Yorker, i think of yankee caps, the usage of the word shun, dudes tryin to outhustle eachother, talkin real fast always sayin 'not fa' nuthin'.

When i think of 'cali niggaz' i think of them getting beat by nightsticks and killing eachother over teh colors red and blue.I also think of them getting beat down by Mexicans and biker skinheads.

New York cops are just crazier. You have to be. I wouldn't want to be a cop in NYC with all those fuckin weirdo's and 8 million people crammed into 5 small boroughs.

think about it.

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 01:56 AM
^lol @ nicky funny shit

and speak, homie i dont think you should be proud about shooting at other people just cuz, i mean i repsect how strong you feel and shit but man, being proud of creating disorder aint gonna change anything

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 01:59 AM
When i think of 'cali niggaz' i think of them getting beat by nightsticks and killing eachother over teh colors red and blue.I also think of them getting beat down by Mexicans and biker skinheads.

u obviously slow because its 2009 and it dont take a genius to kno that bangin over colors is only in southern cali...those niggaz are on they own hype.....we only bang one color in northern cal and thats money green.... of course tha mexicans bang up here but they are irrelevant...and skinheads mann they lock themselves in their bitch ass club house and dont come out cuz they probably butt fuckin each other newayz...

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 02:00 AM
^lol @ nicky funny shit

and speak, homie i dont think you should be proud about shooting at other people just cuz, i mean i repsect how strong you feel and shit but man, being proud of creating disorder aint gonna change anything
can't b no peace until niggaz get a piece......

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 02:03 AM
u obviously slow because its 2009 and it dont take a genius to kno that bangin over colors is only in southern cali...those niggaz are on they own hype.....we only bang one color in northern cal and thats money green.... of course tha mexicans bang up here but they are irrelevant...and skinheads mann they lock themselves in their bitch ass club house and dont come out cuz they probably butt fuckin each other newayz...

The chinese run shit in SF anyway.

I would never live anywhere but the midwest and the northeast. There are no Italians anywhere else. I need my prosciutto and my fontanella

food for thought
01-15-2009, 02:06 AM
omg yall are wack as fuck

im out

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 02:06 AM
ye but theres no ideas to make changes in a positive way

shooting and looting and drug dealing aint positive, be more revolutionary or mafia about it large start launrding cash or some shit

im just saying, thats all but you keep doing you fam

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 02:08 AM
right bronze....there comes a time where these petty thugs need to grow up and graduate to either better crime, or use the money they make to better themselve or their families.

it seems that people like speakonitgod don't wanna leave the hood.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 02:10 AM
is prosciutto italian for prostitute

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 02:11 AM
ye but theres no ideas to make changes in a positive way

shooting and looting and drug dealing aint positive, be more revolutionary or mafia about it large start launrding cash or some shit

im just saying, thats all but you keep doing you fam

tha only time i glorify shooting is when its directed at tha right people....i never said shit bout no looting and dealing......dont even kno where u got that from

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 02:11 AM
^lol i think its like bacon

and i was just stating in general not you specifically, you said cali so im talking all of cali

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 02:13 AM
peace to bronze feet btw......u coo nigga u alright wit me

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Peace speak respect

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 02:15 AM
no you idiot.....but if you eat prosciutto, you gotta make sure you get it sliced as thin as possible. WIth fontanella cheese.
Go to your local italian import store. you'll thank me.

http://www.bonappetit.com/images/tips_tools_ingredients/ingredients/ttar_prosciutto_v.jpg

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 02:16 AM
lol

i will but how do i cook it?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 02:21 AM
lol

no no no....cooking it is a sin. Its a cured meat, so you eat it like you would lunch meat. Like I said, get some fontanella cheese with some calamotta olives and some fresh bread. Don't make a sandwich, just eat each seperately, or you could wrap the cheese with the prosciutto.

its a great lunch. You can have some red wine with it, but i actually prefer an ice cold pepsi.

THE MASON
01-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Sounds good

ill try it out

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 02:24 AM
no you idiot.....but if you eat prosciutto, you gotta make sure you get it sliced as thin as possible. WIth fontanella cheese.
Go to your local italian import store. you'll thank me.

http://www.bonappetit.com/images/tips_tools_ingredients/ingredients/ttar_prosciutto_v.jpg
nigga i aint goin to my local italian squat i aint tryna get followed 4 nuthin

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 02:25 AM
nigga i aint goin to my local italian squat i aint tryna get followed 4 nuthin

haha..yea, good idea.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 02:28 AM
thank god tha west coast dont got no italians nigga it would b race riots every other week wit duh gods comin out on top of course

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Sounds good

ill try it out

yea 'kalamata' olives..i misspelled it. But these are my shit.

http://kalamataolivesdirect.com/db1/00058/kalamataolivesdirect.com/_uimages/olivepile4web.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 02:32 AM
thank god tha west coast dont got no italians nigga it would b race riots every other week wit duh gods comin out on top of course

eh, were about deals and big business......we left the street and the ghetto by the 60's/70's....we're goin legitimate now.

Actually, you should use our template. Its not unlike the Jews only we got alot more 'swag', as you put it.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 04:35 AM
nah i aint into killin my own people thanks tho

PALEHORSE
01-15-2009, 07:41 AM
lol

the best is to get a chicken breast slice it in half and stuff it with a mixture of spinach, ricotta and mozzerella cheeses fold it then wrap it in proscuitto and grill it

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 11:43 AM
nah i aint into killin my own people thanks tho

you don't kno what your talking about.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 11:44 AM
the best is to get a chicken breast slice it in half and stuff it with a mixture of spinach, ricotta and mozzerella cheeses fold it then wrap it in proscuitto and grill it

that sound excellent, but i can't bring myself to cook prosciutto

food for thought
01-15-2009, 11:53 AM
wow

talking baout sandwiches huh?

is thats whats hot in the streets these days?

is that wat were doing in ktl?

this is appaling

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
why don't you hit the streets instead of sitting on the internet.

You think Che ever took a day off???

You should read up on Hans Joachim Klein.

food for thought
01-15-2009, 12:06 PM
why would i hit the streets?

shut your dumb ass up, please!

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:08 PM
wow, and you got the nerve to call me an imposter.

Hans Joachim Klein....teach yourself something.

food for thought
01-15-2009, 12:12 PM
lol yea i do.

this has already been proven by several ppl

supporting racial profiling + being racist + hating any thing Wu-Tang & Hip Hop stands for + being prejudice + posting on Wu-Tang/Hip Hop forum = Impostor = dickydooche

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:15 PM
its corny, your the only one laughing at it, but hey, if it makes you feel better.

Do you protest or at least sell one of those commie magazines on college campuses???

iLLogik
01-16-2009, 03:29 AM
they should lock him up in cali and let the bing mobstas choose his fate........how u want it push rod through the solar plexus??

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 05:28 AM
"take him away, boys!"

aoooooooowwwwwww

ALCATRAZ
01-17-2009, 03:21 AM
bump pigs practicin alibis

food for thought
01-17-2009, 01:29 PM
huh? what happened?

food for thought
01-17-2009, 01:31 PM
its corny, your the only one laughing at it, but hey, if it makes you feel better.

Do you protest or at least sell one of those commie magazines on college campuses???

dont nobody like you

everybody knows your lame as fuck

i need to put disclaimers in my threads, asking you to not post there

your just a worhtless poster id rather have zooroka posting in my threads LOL

Olive Oil Goombah
01-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Bart, what the fuck do you kno about Lynch???

food for thought
01-17-2009, 04:42 PM
lol

stop lying nigga