PDA

View Full Version : Last Emporer ft. Poetic - One Life (track is crazy)

oldie
01-14-2009, 04:40 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GA-lfy5uOm0

Im'a buy Last Emp's album this yr, just on the strength of this track (the only i herd by him)

I 1st heard this track a couple of years back and recently found it again on my pc.

Its fuckin classic!!

Who produced cos the beat is chilled to fuck but its a beautiful beat at the same time, on some RZA Forever era type IMO

You can just feel the emotion poured into this track, Poetics verse was just first class!

if u aint heard it before check it NOW

thoughts????

R.I.P Poetic - one of the greatest wu affiliates on the mic

oldie
01-14-2009, 04:41 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H8LzpkV5qSs&feature=related

The Last Emperor feat. RZA - He's Alive

food for thought
01-14-2009, 04:47 PM
yes that song is ill.

The Last Emperor is mad underrated dogg

hes mad dope

if you like him on that song listen to this baby,

The Last Emperor - The Secret Wars
"425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4QMFW75dth4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4QMFW75dth4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oldie
01-14-2009, 04:53 PM
haha that track is super (sorry, had too) lovin the concept, on some other shit!

imitation flows work real well, he got some crazy ideas

crazy!!!!

thnks 4 this recomendation!!!!!!!

GhettoGnom
01-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Im'a buy Last Emp's album this yr, just on the strength of this track (the only i herd by him)

You should definitively listen up.. Music, Magic, Myth is greatness.. Last Emperor is among 20 of my favorite rappers ever.

vVdMKefFh8U

rsdj1F2WN7M

claaa7
01-14-2009, 05:03 PM
i love that song, that's pure musical magic.

might be hard for you to pick up Last Emperor's album though because it hasn't been available for a couple years now so you'd probably have to pay pretty much cash for it since it was really limited. dope album though.

oldie
01-14-2009, 05:33 PM
I just checked ebay, 1 copy of Music, Magic, Myth for 30 8O

Wikipedia is beign gay as fuck and wont follow the link to each album so i cant see the track listings to each album but im googling it.

i used to have a d/l of the Palace Of The Pretender years back but lost all my library when my pc crashed, i wasnt feelin it back then but i was relativley new to hip-hop, a couple of yrs deep.

but ive done a bit of searching and Wikipedia reckons Music, Magic, Myth is Palace of the Pretender in Europe??

Music, Magic, Myth:
Intro 2. Who's That 3. Some Love, Some Hate 4. Tiger Trail 5. Prisoner 6. Karma 7. One Life 8. Meditation 9. Animalistics 10. The Underground 11. The Block Party 12. Do You Care? 13. Shine 14. The Incredible Man 15. Let's Ride 16. Hold On 17. Single Mother 18. The Great Pretender/Outro

Palace of the Pretender:

. Tiger Trail
2. Karma
3. One Life
4. Meditation
5. Do You Care?
6. Shine
7. The Incredible Man
8. Let's Ride
9. Hold On
10. Single Mother
11. The Great Pretender
12. Here We Are
13. The Drifter
14. Clear Day
15. Echo Leader
16. Secret Wars I
17. Secret Wars II

whats all that about, its like a diff album or some shit, sucks that he got two diff albums for the same album if u get me...

i thought he just had Music, magic, myth but obv not (4got that i once had POTP until nw)

but i deffo wana buy his music this year...all of 'em, the bootleg one included

oldie
01-14-2009, 05:34 PM
You should definitively listen up.. Music, Magic, Myth is greatness.. Last Emperor is among 20 of my favorite rappers ever.

vVdMKefFh8U

rsdj1F2WN7M

1st track was on some inspirational shit!! crazy

hehsy5sy5
01-14-2009, 05:56 PM
last emp is ill.....his album music magic myth is hella hot especially the bonus shit[secret wars is just fucking crazy] cop that shit...

wutangironflag
01-14-2009, 07:20 PM
does anyone have the one life instrumental??? one of my fav tracks ever

BIG D O
01-15-2009, 04:41 AM
last emp>>>>>>ya fav. philly MC......

been a fan for years......still waitin on that Beatminerz produced sophmore LP

GhettoGnom
01-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Music, Magic, Myth:
Intro 2. Who's That 3. Some Love, Some Hate 4. Tiger Trail 5. Prisoner 6. Karma 7. One Life 8. Meditation 9. Animalistics 10. The Underground 11. The Block Party 12. Do You Care? 13. Shine 14. The Incredible Man 15. Let's Ride 16. Hold On 17. Single Mother 18. The Great Pretender/Outro

Music, Magic, Myth comes with a bonus CD:

1. Secret Wars I
2. Secret Wars II
3. Here We Are

oldie
01-15-2009, 04:41 PM
^^^ oh yer i kno i jus cdnt b arsed to post it lol

Guarded By Martyrs
01-15-2009, 05:38 PM
last emp>>>>>>ya fav. philly MC......

Last Emperor is great no doubt but...

Maylay Sparks >>>>>>>>>>> Last Emperor

In my opinion.

oldie
01-15-2009, 06:31 PM
^^^ Hmm...listenin to Million Words by this Maylay guy, recomend n e tracks?

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 09:48 PM
i used to listen to this a lot back in tha day....its too deep tho....i get in a shitty mood everytime i listen 2 it so i dont listen 2 that shit nemore...dope track tho

GhettoGnom
01-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Last Emperor is great no doubt but...

Maylay Sparks >>>>>>>>>>> Last Emperor

In my opinion.

Maylay lacks the "it"-factor. There's nothing about him that's truly unique, which makes him far inferior to people like Black Thought, Chief Kamachi, Last Emperor & Reef the Lost Cauze.

And co-sign Last Emperor >>>> your fav Philly MC