PDA

View Full Version : Deja vu

Shogah
01-14-2009, 08:41 PM
This thing scares the shit out of me. Did it ever happened to you that shit is too real?

And the worst/best part is when it happens i know that i either live through that moment in some other life, or i dreamt it and seen my own future to some extent.

How do you explain this phenomen?

diggy
01-14-2009, 08:48 PM
I cannot explain it, nor can I control it, but I know what u mean. I've experienced it in dreams and awake with eyes open seeing things before they physically happened. I don't know how this is possible, but It happened.

Charles Barry
01-15-2009, 01:04 AM
I've been experiencing it since I was a little kid. There's definitely a fine line between reality and the spiritual realm.

food for thought
01-15-2009, 01:11 AM
^ cosign barry 100%

this always baffled me too.

i had these in crazy ass RANDOM situations that im sure i never experienced before.

shit is crazy

and i rememebr the very first deja vu i ever had.

i think it definately has to do with the spiritual realm and human consioucness slipping(for lack of betterf word) in and out ot if constantly.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-15-2009, 01:42 AM
the french are nuts,

this is when your consious mind relates what you see to another un-significant moment in your life you would never remember, studies have shown that most incidents happen in places that you visit everyday ie. work, home, car etc etc.

no conclusive evidence has ever been recorded but the simple fact our memory is so powerfull, can remember millions of numbers, names, places, faces, but can make mistakes and be confuse our state of mind - is'nt that suprising,

in short, you actualy have arleady done something simliar, or something reminded you of a time much forgoten

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 03:38 AM
^close thread

NIGHT MAYOR
01-15-2009, 03:48 AM
nah - dont be like that, other peoples opinions are what keep thinking active, that was my opinion on what i have learnt, my basic point is - people forget our brains are realy complicated things so there is a chance its a "glitch"

peace

Shogah
01-15-2009, 07:56 AM
and i rememebr the very first deja vu i ever had.

i almost dont remember any of my deja-vus, i forgot about them like 10 min after it happens.
And the moment it happens i realize that maybe i had that dream,

but if i dream some future momnts in life i rarely have them in my mind until deja vu happens.

no conclusive evidence has ever been recorded but the simple fact our memory is so powerfull, can remember millions of numbers, names, places, faces, but can make mistakes and be confuse our state of mind - is'nt that suprising,

in short, you actualy have arleady done something simliar, or something reminded you of a time much forgoten

I agree, thant would be most reasonable explanation,
but like i said sometimes it's so real that i think it could be somehing of other nature.

kwabena1041
01-15-2009, 08:56 AM

I always assumed this to be the case. I dont really deal in all that supernatural magical holy ghost bullshit. I have always been on some akums razor shit. It always seemed more plausible that humans are habitual beings, it is because of this we basically experience the same or simliar things we often forget, at least we think we forget. Then when we expericence something similiar later it seems as if we did this before.

diggy
01-15-2009, 08:05 PM
I had a dream once that I was looking through a microscope on some lenses and years later I ended up doing that at a job. When I first started the job, I looked thru the microscope then had a flashback of the dream I had, amazed that I saw this before in a dream.

Someone explain this for me.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Theres nothing supernatural about it its just a trick of the brain.

All thats happening is your real time short term memory in you brain is relaying information slightly slower than usual. So by the time the image from your eyes reaches the part of the brain youthink you have seen it before, and you have, it was stored in another part of the memory. Its really that simple.

It just a small memory glitch, I read an article on it in a science journal last year.

diggy
01-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Theres nothing supernatural about it its just a trick of the brain.

All thats happening is your real time short term memory in you brain is relaying information slightly slower than usual. So by the time the image from your eyes reaches the part of the brain youthink you have seen it before, and you have, it was stored in another part of the memory. Its really that simple.

It just a small memory glitch, I read an article on it in a science journal last year.

Ok, but what is the probability of me seeing that specific act in a dream, then actually doing the exact same thing in real life years later?

Btw, that is not the only experience I've had. I've had too many to count.

oLd_KaiNry
01-15-2009, 08:54 PM
lol some of you guys have a big imagination, deja vus are scientificly proven to be a part of your brain (dont remember the name) that slows down for less than half a sec and thats what makes you think you already been there.

i learned that in grade 10. you guys should go back to school

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-15-2009, 09:01 PM
^well done for just reading and repeating what I had said and pretended like it was your own knowledge that you learnt in grade 10. And what I said isnt scientifically proven, and im pretty sure isnt taught in schools at all. Its a theory, but a very strong one, that lots of tests have been carried out on.

Ok, but what is the probability of me seeing that specific act in a dream, then actually doing the exact same thing in real life years later?

Btw, that is not the only experience I've had. I've had too many to count.

its along the exact same lines. It doesnt matter the time scale involved. The experiance though will always be short term. You werent thinking of that "dream" in the time between the deja vu and the dream. Or even on the day the deja vu was about to happen. You only thought back to the "dream" once the deja vu was in action. Its just errors of memory that is "tricking" your real time area of short term memory. It can stretch back as far as you like. The brain may make you think it was from a long ago dream, but its all real time short term memory, not old dreams.

You said you had the flashback once you put your eye to the lens, this would make sense. Its not like you predicted it was about to happen earlier, or even just before. Like all Deja vu, you know whats happening, but you are never in a state where you are able to speak out and say what is going to happen next until it actually happens. You think you can, but you cant.

Again read my previous post. Its a cool trick the brain plays when things dont connect quite right up there. I belive its actually related to blindspots in vision. Youre brain is making up for itself at incredibly fast speeds. An illusion isnt the right word, because in fact you have seen it before

diggy
01-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the explanation.

samtheseed
01-22-2009, 01:36 PM
I have to agree with both sides of this argument. I've had moments that can be easily described as redoing an action, wondering why it was so vividly familiar and then moving on. But, I suffer from very mild temporal lobe epilepsy and get deja vu about once or thrice a week. And every once in a while it will be like sensing (not seeing or even fully comprehending) a possible future or remembering the present moment. It used to scare me, but I just accept its both a spiritual and physical thing.