View Full Version : why would someone listen to jay-z in 2009

TSA
01-14-2009, 10:21 PM
have you heard him lately? dude blows.
he went from just uneventful to fullblown blows

hooooooo-vaaaaa-aaa-aaa, lol shut up

Olive Oil Goombah
01-14-2009, 11:51 PM
i haven't listened since the Black Album.

never a big fan of his but he's made some very good albums.

ALCATRAZ
01-14-2009, 11:56 PM
he's an above average emcee but he is nowhere near nas sorry 2 stan just had 2 put that out there

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:13 AM
eh..Nas.....i'm convinced that the real Nas was kidnapped sometime in 1994 after the release of Illmatic, murdered and replaced by a look alike.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 12:16 AM
what are you talkin about there have been so many gems released since illmatic.........it was written was light years ahead of its time as well....that is the true *blueprint* for tha entire rap games album structure from 96 onward.....

Crack Killz
01-15-2009, 12:19 AM
IWW > Jay Z

whitey
01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
that brooklyn we go hard shit was ill

5hundred&one
01-15-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't know. It's like; how much money do you need nigga? stop humilatin yourself. At least with some of these old rappers, you can assume that they do it to pay the bills. Jay-z? nah man. He needs to hang it up. Nas too.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:26 AM
what are you talkin about there have been so many gems released since illmatic.........it was written was light years ahead of its time as well....that is the true *blueprint* for tha entire rap games album structure from 96 onward.....

well, you have a point because teh Lost Tapes was great, and Take It In Blood is one of my faves.

But after I Am...(which was not bad)...i can't listen to him.

hehsy5sy5
01-15-2009, 12:27 AM
american gangster was aight though

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:47 AM
yea, you kno waht i heard that....i should probably give it a listen.

I'll say this about Jay....he's better than whatever teh fuck they are playin on teh radio...these weezy's and jeezy and breezy' and lil jon, lil joe lil ho...

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 12:53 AM
yea, you kno waht i heard that....i should probably give it a listen.

I'll say this about Jay....he's better than whatever teh fuck they are playin on teh radio...these weezy's and jeezy and breezy' and lil jon, lil joe lil ho...
thats a cop out you just said jay z is better than whats on tha radio what a weak comparison for a weak emcee nah jk he aint weak but u get tha point

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 12:56 AM
well, im not a huge jayz fan but he writes better songs/hooks/verses picks better beats than most out there. He knows how to make a hit.

BIG D O
01-15-2009, 04:36 AM
yeah, he's lost a step......listen to Jaz O a lot more these days......

Rame
01-15-2009, 04:55 AM
Jay-Z's making some of the best songs he ever did right now.

Still on top of the game.

Edgar Erebus
01-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Jay-Z's making some of the best songs he ever did right now.

Still on top of the game.

^^ Dickrider post.

I'ma just repeat what I always say: after an excellent Jigga album always comes a wack one.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 12:28 PM
He knows how to make a hit.

so does lil bow wow whats ur point

Thrilla24x7
01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
that brooklyn we go hard shit was ill

Beat makes the song, Jays verses are trash

TSA
01-15-2009, 12:55 PM
well, you have a point because teh Lost Tapes was great, and Take It In Blood is one of my faves.

But after I Am...(which was not bad)...i can't listen to him.
stillmatic?

i hate on nas when im not listening to him but when im listening i realize all his albums have been very good except Street Disciple

but the song Street Disciple alone, damn.

but Jay-z, lol fuck, he's not even the same rapper.

cap
01-15-2009, 12:56 PM

yeah he dropped one of his best albums a couple years ago,he still has alot of dopeness in him

Rame
01-15-2009, 01:03 PM
^^ Dickrider post.

I'ma just repeat what I always say: after an excellent Jigga album always comes a wack one.

Fag boy.

iammzac
01-15-2009, 01:35 PM
I liked brooklyn we go hard.. haven't really checked him since the black album, but i heard american gangster was good.

12weLvE
01-15-2009, 02:00 PM
I will answer this once Blueprint 3 comes out.

Edgar Erebus
01-15-2009, 04:20 PM
i hate on nas when im not listening to him but when im listening i realize all his albums have been very good except Street Disciple

I noticed that too. If I spent a lot of time without listening to no Nas, I have no problem with people talking shit and all, but if I listen to any of his albums - fuck it only love remains.

davedigital360
01-15-2009, 07:06 PM
have you heard him lately? dude blows.
he went from just uneventful to fullblown blows

hooooooo-vaaaaa-aaa-aaa, lol shut up

Because he is still sick with it and one of the best of all time. Period. That answer your question?

Senator C. Palantine
01-15-2009, 07:06 PM
I thought he had retired?

Tony Bandana
01-15-2009, 07:29 PM

ONGH

Hello Brooklyn ..

did a excellent job on that Soundtrack (and i dont like Jay Z ever for some reason?)

Olive Oil Goombah
01-15-2009, 10:39 PM
stillmatic?

but the song Street Disciple alone, damn.

but Jay-z, lol fuck, he's not even the same rapper.

I didn't like Stillmatic. Nor did I like Nastradamus.

Stillmatic wasn't terrible, I just thought it was average and nothing special.

whitey
01-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Beat makes the song, Jays verses are trash

im a bigger beat head so its all good to me. i apperciate hot rhymes and dope lyrics and shit, but i would much rather have a hot beat with an average verse than a hot verse with an average beat. you cant have a hot song without a dope beat.

TSA
01-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Hello Brooklyn was a meaningless commerical reach cause a song called hello brookyln shouldn't have non brookylnites

what if the fuckin CROOKLYN DODGERS aka the best beat ever other then TROY had fuckin master P on it. wack.

it didn't help that he was trying to be lil wayne on the carter.

Krish
01-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Jigga is a dope rapper....hes a rapper that can actually rap, can flow on a song and can pick out decent if not great beats. Also he is versatile as he makes street singles as well as radio hits unlike most of these shitty ass rappers at the moment. Plus on top of that he has released some of the dopest albums in hip-hop 'Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, The Black Album, American Gangster even Vol.2 was pretty dope in my opinion. Fuck tha haters....even in concert he is fukin ill his stage presence is HUGE and he had about 70,000 people throwin tha ROC sign up in a concert in Manchester which I went to which was ill...people just hating becauses he loaded who gives a fuk at least he still raps prttey good IMO Brooklyn Go Hard is ill that Im Jackie Robinson line was fukin crazy. I don't know why motherfukers especially Nas stans always criticise him...I mean i like Nas as a rapper because some of his albums were good such as the classic Illmatic and IWW was dope as well as but Nas's latest shit is not up to par in terms of that good music untitled was kinda a dud because the beats were shitty at least Jigga can pick out hot beats from the likes of Just Blaze and that. Fuk tha haters man.

BIG D O
01-16-2009, 12:38 PM
had a 2 hour argument wit my nigga over this very subject last night.......he refused to believe that Jay has fallen off.....kept sayin those words were too "strong".....

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 12:41 PM
i aint met one underground head in my entire life who had jayz in their top 10..... yet almost all of them have nas in their top 5 LOL... no disrespect to jay fans.....its all love.....im jus sayin tho!

SL33
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
^^^^^^^ agree.

jay z pop bullshit has brought more harm to h-h than Nas' lazy attempts.

Rame
01-16-2009, 01:40 PM
^

He made like 3 pop hits himself (if you can even call it that) in his entire career and dozens of classic tracks.

You wanna call him a pop rapper?

He did harm to Hip Hop?

GTFO.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 01:44 PM
fuck yea jay did harm to hip hop....he took so many of biggies lines that seriously...when i think about those lines now, in 2009, i don't hear biggies voice reciting them, i hear JAY Z's...... that is disgusting to me lol

EDIT: ok maybe its not harmful, but still it says a lot

Rame
01-16-2009, 02:08 PM
That's your loss, lol.

Kenny Powers
01-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Nas' only two bad albums are nastradamus and street's disciple and both those still some good tracks. While who knows wtf happened to jay-z, he fell off hard on that pop shit.

Rame
01-16-2009, 04:21 PM
^

So you care the most about his mainstream music? He obviously makes those tracks but they are just a small part of his catalogue.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 05:11 PM
bump jayz hanging up on angie martinez in tears after ether dropped lol

SL33
01-16-2009, 05:34 PM
^

You wanna call him a pop rapper?

He did harm to Hip Hop?

GTFO.

u must be joking.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
01-16-2009, 06:50 PM
eh..Nas.....i'm convinced that the real Nas was kidnapped sometime in 1994 after the release of Illmatic, murdered and replaced by a look alike.

as much as I admire Nas this shit was hilarious!

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
01-16-2009, 07:07 PM
honestly I like Reasonalble Doubt, Hard Knock Life, Life And Time Vol 3, Blueprint 1 and 2, I The Black LP and even Kingdom Come.

Nas I like all his shit but I tend to take the best out of all they LPs

Hollow Dartz
01-16-2009, 07:18 PM
LOL. Turned straight into a "Nas vs Jay-Z" thread. Anyways, In my opinion Jay-Z has great material still to come, that "I See You Jocking Jay-Z"song is shitty though.

Hollow Dartz
01-16-2009, 07:26 PM
LOL I hate when niggaz hate on Jay-Z albums because of the singles, they haven't heard no other track on the album lol......

THE MASON
01-16-2009, 07:27 PM
I havent really felt JayZ after Blueprint 2 and even then the best track was Renegade and Em killed him, but there was a few other good tracks on there too

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 07:28 PM
bump jayz asking e money bags to get nas in his dead presidents video and nas declining that shit like it was nothin

bump nas declining almost every offer to be on a jayz record lol

drippie k
01-17-2009, 05:59 AM
dude still got it imo but i kinda miss the ol' "big pimpin" "h-to-the-izzo" jay-z, it was more fun listening to him back then

Longbongcilvaringz
01-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Fag boy.

HEAVY!

Jay Z sounds ok over good beats.

The again, so do most rappers.

He's more a comedy rapper now than anything else.

Then again, i've always found him quite comedic.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-17-2009, 07:53 AM
LOL I hate when niggaz hate on Jay-Z albums because of the singles, they haven't heard no other track on the album lol......

LOL!

Yeah,

Blueprint, The Black Album and The Dynasty are hip hop classics.

Classic albums right.

Jay Z fans are so easily pleased.

It must be great.

Hollow Dartz
01-17-2009, 09:22 AM
LOL!

Yeah,

Blueprint, The Black Album and The Dynasty are hip hop classics.

Classic albums right.

Jay Z fans are so easily pleased.

It must be great.

LOL who said that? Don't post shit that I haven't said. Maybe Blueprint but not those other two joints. The fact is he has good material. So LOL! Yeah, Classic albums, it is great.

Rame
01-17-2009, 11:44 AM
bump jayz asking e money bags to get nas in his dead presidents video and nas declining that shit like it was nothin

bump nas declining almost every offer to be on a jayz record lol

Jay-Z fucking Nas' girl.

Jay-Z being Nas' boss.

They've been on each others tracks multiple times.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-17-2009, 12:12 PM
^A very impressed man.

Rame
01-17-2009, 12:17 PM
^ Are you going to add to the conversation or act like an idiot all the time?

CharlesJones
01-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Jay-Z is still a good rapper but his albums the last few years have sucked because of beats and some of his songs are gay. Last good album of his i think is Hard Knock Life. Reasonable Doubt and In My Lifetime are his best albums to me.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-17-2009, 01:48 PM
^ Are you going to add to the conversation or act like an idiot all the time?

Given acting like an idiot would be both the easiest option and additionally the most amusing to me personally, i'm going to have to go with that.

It's also probably more mentally stimulating than discussing some faggit senior citizen rappers with a handful of late teen European kids who actually think they are young African American males from disadvantage neighbourhoods where the police are generally fairly unfriendly.

TSA
01-17-2009, 01:55 PM
disadvantage neighbourhoods where the police are generally fairly unfriendly.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHahahAHAHhahhahH!!1

Even Jay-z last album has some MASTERPIECE material like Lost Ones and another song

but most of the album was just weak and his flow is D- now at best, lately its been F
expecially on songs where he's trying too hard to fit in

anyone heard the ass on a stick entitled "jockin jay-z"
man.

SL33
01-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Jay-Z fucking Nas' girl.

Jay-Z being Nas' boss.

They've been on each others tracks multiple times.

stan

Rame
01-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Given acting like an idiot would be both the easiest option and additionally the most amusing to me personally, i'm going to have to go with that.

It's also probably more mentally stimulating than discussing some faggit senior citizen rappers with a handful of late teen European kids who actually think they are young African American males from disadvantage neighbourhoods where the police are generally fairly unfriendly.

Lol. I have no idea who you're talking about though.

stan

Because I'm positive about an artist?

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/4/1/26/f_hater2m_6b1d2bc.jpg

SL33
01-17-2009, 02:09 PM
^^^^ no. you' re a stan cause you're being impressed by jay'z ability which consists of fucking other rapper's women.

Rame
01-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I never said that impressed me.

Now get of my dick.

TSA
01-17-2009, 02:16 PM
http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/4/1/26/f_hater2m_6b1d2bc.jpg
Which 16 year old colombian slut did you copy and paste this from and why did you not find it gay.

Rame
01-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Lol, I didn't even think of looking at the page.

It's this Female Emcee's page:

www.myspace.com/ladymarijane

I didn't think it was gay because I don't take all of this that serious.

TSA
01-17-2009, 02:30 PM
gay ppl wear assless chaps, they're not being serious either

Tage
01-17-2009, 02:31 PM
hahahahahahah

Rame
01-17-2009, 02:32 PM
I think they're furiously serious when they wear those.

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/zuvembi/pink-assless-chaps.jpg

I don't see him laughing.