PDA

View Full Version : Skate 2

shaolinsword
01-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Any body tried the demo on PSN/XBL yet? It's pretty good, it would be better if there wasn't a timer on it though

It's got an online party mode with thrasher's hall of meat and another mode as well

Just noticed they murdered protect ya neck on this game though

Tecknowledgist
01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
nah i havent. im gonna buy it when it comes out though for sure. whats the demo like?

shaolinsword
01-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Brilliant, although a few things do seem a bit last minute (like the walking for one) you're confined to two spaces (back alley and a skate park) and it's timed to 10 or 15 mins so you don't really get much time with it

It shows some of the main game at the end of the demo and the locations look a lot better than the first one

oLd_KaiNry
01-15-2009, 08:50 PM
im downloading it right now

since its a timed demo does it mean that i cant play after the first time i played it ?

shaolinsword
01-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Nah, you can play it as many times as ya want

oLd_KaiNry
01-15-2009, 10:36 PM
wow its definitly better than the 1st one. especially the character's mods and you can finally walk. im not getting it on the 1st day but i sure am buying it soon, and you will all see me rock that big black gold chain LOL

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2009, 10:49 PM
ive waited a long time for this shit..............im gonna do download tha demo now propazoids

Tecknowledgist
01-16-2009, 05:01 PM
hopefully the character customization is better than the first. you couldnt even wear a hat without looking like a complete retard. itll be nice to walk around...too many times i wanted to get to a spot that was right in front of me but i couldnt haha.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-16-2009, 05:08 PM
i downloaded the demo a few days back.

its the first time a played the game, a couple control issues i need to get used to. im used to tony hawks configaration, the way you do things and the buttons you press is a bit odd.

also the camera angle is weird. you cant figure out distances very well.

shaolinsword
01-17-2009, 12:40 AM
hopefully the character customization is better than the first. you couldnt even wear a hat without looking like a complete retard. itll be nice to walk around...too many times i wanted to get to a spot that was right in front of me but i couldnt haha.

The customization is better this time round, there's more to choose from but your guy/girl does look a bit retarded if ya wear your hood up. The walking, although a good addition, is shit on the demo

i downloaded the demo a few days back.

its the first time a played the game, a couple control issues i need to get used to. im used to tony hawks configaration, the way you do things and the buttons you press is a bit odd.

also the camera angle is weird. you cant figure out distances very well.

It takes a while to get used to it but I prefer controlling your feet with the sticks rather than the buttons. It's hard to pull of certain tricks like 360 flips though

Tonystarks420
01-17-2009, 12:08 PM
just finished playing the demo and noticed Protect Ya Neck was in it but they totally fucked it up by cutting out all the lines with swearing

the original Skate was my favoruite game for ps3. the 2nd isnt bad by the demo i like it alot better but i think the original was more smooth. the walking in this is kinda fucked and it just doesnt seem like the first. still gunna buy it the first day probably

Rame
01-17-2009, 02:28 PM
It's hard to get back into this game when you haven't played it for a while.

I guess I'll have to play the beginning of the game again to learn how all the tricks work.