PDA

View Full Version : Lil Wayne Interview

METHODKillah36
01-15-2009, 10:55 PM
LMAO

http://men.style.com/gq/blogs/gqeditors/2009/01/lil-wayne-the-u.html

Plenty of quotable material in there. This guy is just on another planet. I understand everything he's saying because I'm on another planet at the moment myself, but I'm sure normal folk are going to be thinking themselves in circles at some of the shit he's got to say.

crds
01-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Lil Wayne is a wack faggot. the end

The Prime Sithesizah
01-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Nothing "Martian" about him at all.. He says he thinks "differently" from everyone else? Someone elaborate because lyricists like Chino XL and Canibus and Nas and Big Pun have lyrically raised the bar and over the years since then, it seems like rappers can't even SEE that bar anymore! The sad part about it is that.. this is all Quantity OVER Quality and that's why Hip-Hop music is... 1) responsible for the ignorance of today's generation and 2) the worst genre to be apart of due to it's terrible lack of creativity!

anyone that DOESN'T think Hip-Hop is dead (breakdancing, deejaying [the real skills], lyricism and etc).. the fundamentals.. then I MUST BE LISTENING TO THE WRONG GENRE because I can't even listen to the radio anymore...

TrueDciple
01-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Nothing "Martian" about him at all.. He says he thinks "differently" from everyone else? Someone elaborate because lyricists like Chino XL and Canibus and Nas and Big Pun have lyrically raised the bar and over the years since then, it seems like rappers can't even SEE that bar anymore! The sad part about it is that.. this is all Quantity OVER Quality and that's why Hip-Hop music is... 1) responsible for the ignorance of today's generation and 2) the worst genre to be apart of due to it's terrible lack of creativity!

anyone that DOESN'T think Hip-Hop is dead (breakdancing, deejaying [the real skills], lyricism and etc).. the fundamentals.. then I MUST BE LISTENING TO THE WRONG GENRE because I can't even listen to the radio anymore...

No more need to be said. Plain and simple truth. Peace!

oLd_KaiNry
01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
he spends his days doing concerts in front of 20 thousand people, he has groupie girls, he's the only one in 08 that sold 3millions, most rappers are riding his dick. i mean being in his shoes id feel on top of everybody. you cant really judge him since we'll never live what he's living right now. of corse his music's whack but it's kinda useless to waste so much bandwith hating on him. it wont change anything

The Prime Sithesizah
01-16-2009, 01:16 PM
That's the PROBLEM... all the attention is on what he's doing.. is it leaving a positive influence on the game? No! Selling millions?.. it doesn't make you worthy of being on top! Sure, everybody's dick-riding the nigga and all but when he says Hip-Hop isn't dead.. you gotta think about him, Kanye and Jeezy.. the ones that upcoming and wannabe rappers are TRYING to be like.. T-Pain is destroying R&B, you can't walk down the aisle to autotuned music.. Chris Brown is decent BUT for teenage girls (16 and younger).. but back to the main point, record sells don't mean anything. I don't know old-school street battles, or even now, where you have to have GOOD record sales to be judged.. that's what the game is all about now! Record sales and repeating the same shit makes you "nice" now.. put Wayne on a block and see if he'll cypher and watch someone unknown blow him out the water... he's so caught up in himself, GENERALLY THE ENTIRE GAME AS WELL, that everyone's looking to boost sales and doesn't even care to take the music to the next level... sooo, in entirety, YES, Lil Wayne has lyrics but far from raising the bar that the great ones have taken it and that's something to be ashamed of... no hate either but in his case, look at it this way.. if you're going to say "I'm the shit...." in most of your rhymes, where is that taking the rap industry?...

Lil Wayne DROPPED the bar with his under-par lyricism
Soulja Boy KILLED the horizons of using FL with snappy, polished beats
the list can go on and on...

oLd_KaiNry
01-16-2009, 01:22 PM
^^^yes i understand what you're saying but what can you do about it ? i'd be a 13 y/o kid id say weezy is hip-hop that's all i would know. and you cant blame the public, you have to blame BET/MTV and all the radio stations who support soulja boy instead of good lyrical artist.

The Prime Sithesizah
01-16-2009, 01:25 PM
^^^yes i understand what you're saying but what can you do about it ? i'd be a 13 y/o kid id say weezy is hip-hop that's all i would know. and you cant blame the public, you have to blame BET/MTV and all the radio stations who support soulja boy instead of good lyrical artist.

Good point.. lol .. the only thing that can be done is based on a support system and it's gonna be HAARRDD to change it around, solely..

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-16-2009, 01:46 PM
lol Prime Hater!!

chilldude, Wayne won lyrisict of the year at BET and has 8 grammies and acnknowledged by all his peers as the msot imaginanitve artist of his generation.

hes a lyrical genius on the level of bob dylan, just stop the hate, and move on with your life dun!

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 01:50 PM
lil wayne is only relevant if you listen to the radio

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-16-2009, 01:56 PM
^i never listen to radio watch TV or buy much if any commercial rap.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 02:08 PM
fine he's irrelevant period

Ghost_Deini_
01-16-2009, 02:15 PM
BET awards and grammies just further solidify how shitty the music industry is today, so thats not saying shit. and on a level of bob dylan? please shut the fuck up.

ive like some lil wayne songs and i still do, but the dude just was smart in jamming the industry with his mixtapes and bullshit. thats all the credit i give to him. otherwise everything he says is just drug induced bullshit that he thinks is genius.

The Prime Sithesizah
01-16-2009, 02:20 PM
lol Prime Hater!!

chilldude, Wayne won lyrisict of the year at BET and has 8 grammies and acnknowledged by all his peers as the msot imaginanitve artist of his generation.

hes a lyrical genius on the level of bob dylan, just stop the hate, and move on with your life dun!

That's because all of his peers who were ONCE at their peak are falling victim to making bullshit and appreciating it as well. If winning Grammies and winning lyricist of the year makes you or puts you at the peak of your career, then someone like MC Hammer should also be dominating the charts and pulling today's youth with his looks?

Point is this....

WHO, IN THE MAINSTREAM, HAS RAISED THE BAR SINCE BIG PUN?
Give me ONE commercial joint that has the amount of lyricism as "I'm Not A Player"... ?
Just a random pick..

THE MASON
01-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Im not even gonna read it

it most likely was about how good he is and how he is the best rappers today, im i right?

big cosign to Prime

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-16-2009, 02:51 PM
lil wayne is so deep, damn

crds
01-17-2009, 04:53 AM
lil wayne is so deep, damn

the only thing Wayne is deep in, is men's assholes, fuck that horrible clown ass faggot, stop cooning.

drippie k
01-17-2009, 05:47 AM
fuck that pill-poppin sizzurp drinkin midget chimpanzee..."we are not the same, i am a martian" whhaaaaat theeee fuuuuuuuuck???????

i liked him better in the old cash money days

djskillz
01-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Really good interview. Really helps you understand what goes on in his head. I've gained alot more respect for him after reading this.