PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Network or Xbox Live

Rame
01-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Let's give this a thread of it's own.

I'd like to know what's so great about Xbox Live.

I've played on both and the only things I think are better on Live are:

1) While playing CoD 5 on Live there were 120.000 people online while on PSN it's mostly around 100.000. This might be different for each game though.

2) More people with headsets, because you get one for free with an Xbox, practically everyone uses one on Live and on PSN there's mostly 3 or 4 out of 12 who use one.

Those are the only differences to me.

I don't care for Xbox's exclusives aswell as Playstation's exclusive's (I play CoD 4/5, Fifa and GTA IV online) so Halo isn't an argument, that's an opinion.

Tell me.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 02:28 PM
i like whatever is free

so psn gets my vote

Visionz
01-16-2009, 02:31 PM
I've only played on the PSN sooooo, couldn't really say

I mute people with headsets

I have zero interest in hearing people talk shit back and forth over a video-game
(and sadly pathetic when you can tell its two adults partaking)

I dig the throwback dl's that they probably both offer

Street Fighter Alpha etc

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-16-2009, 02:42 PM
lol everyone who knows Xbox live is by far the greater service.

In almost all ways, although its total BULLSHIT that you have to pay for it. I already pay for my interent connection.

But apart from the the entire service and quality of Live is obviously far more advanced, features, arcade, user interface, downloads, lol i shouldnt have to tell you why.

besides the PS3 is a dead format anyway

Rame
01-16-2009, 02:45 PM
We have all of that on PSN.

Try again.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 02:48 PM
you still gotta pay for it LOL

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-16-2009, 02:57 PM
paying for it sucks

i dont really care about listing shit. i just think the connection quality is better and PS3 is a dead console.

ps3 is over.

Rame
01-16-2009, 02:59 PM
PS3 sold more copies of GTA IV in Europe and is growing faster than Xbox.

How is Playstation dead?

Visionz
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
PS3 sold more copies of GTA IV in Europe and is growing faster than Xbox.

How is Playstation dead?
good question, afterall we're talking about SONY=$$$$$$

too much of it invested to just hop out now

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 03:04 PM
not to mention ps3 heads dont have to worry about red rings..... thats enough reason to say fuck xbox altogether

Visionz
01-16-2009, 03:06 PM
not to mention ps3 heads dont have to worry about red rings..... thats enough reason to say fuck xbox altogether
word up to that, there's not shit I like about Microsoft, true for pc's, phones and video games

how's those HD-DVD's working out these days btw?

Rame
01-16-2009, 03:06 PM
That's hardware though, we allready know PS3 has that on lock. |)

I see people bragging about Live and I want to know why.

Visionz
01-16-2009, 03:08 PM
That's hardware though, we allready know PS3 has that on lock. |)

I see people bragging about Live and I want to know why.
maybe its cuz bragging about their warranty exchange service isn't that cool these days |)

RagnaroK
01-16-2009, 03:10 PM
you can't argue against Free stuff

thou ghostlaced have a point when he said LIVE is a bit more advance and have more variety
it better be that way cuz you are paying for it if not 360 would've been an epic fail
but then again PSN got most elements LIVE have only less items

my bro has an XBOX he got his own account and i had mine he payed for the online service but if i switch to my account i won't have online if i wanted to play other people i have to pay too that is stupid and cheap trick by microsoft unless there is another way i don't know about
on PSN is free so every account can play online and it have a browser very useful

how long the 360 have been out like 3 years? STILL the 3 rings of death is a common problem what a way of fixing the product micrococks

PS3 dead format my ass Blu-Ray is the new shit DVD is dead have a good night rest

KZA
01-16-2009, 03:17 PM
i have both. systems both have there ups and downs

+ psn is free
- not too many people with mics for the ps3 so less communication
+ you get what you paid for on xbl
- you will encounter a little kid who talk lots of shit or a whiner
+ more people have live
- not many people can afford the ps3
= ported games always seem to be in xbox favor since microsoft pays them for dlc and other exclusives.

the rrod only happens to the older models so if you got a model now you should be safe. the 360 is the ps2 while the ps3 is the xbox and nintendo is just nintendo.

sony copying microsoft with achievements is stupid. even though they don't mean shit xbl achievements > ps3 trophies

THE MASON
01-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I have seen one PS3 go down and it was the first string of PS3's

and the PSN is pretty dope equal to XBox live, the bonus is that its free plus the online community is just as big, and with the addition of PS Home its more interactive then Microsoft or will be

Kingkazim
01-16-2009, 03:28 PM
paying for it sucks

i dont really care about listing shit. i just think the connection quality is better and PS3 is a dead console.

ps3 is over.

please explain WHY ps3 is over....cause right now youre sounding fuckin dumb.

Infamous
Killzone 2
God of War 3
Ratchet and Clank
The agency
Gran Turismo 5
Yakuza 3
Trico
Uncharted 2
Jak 4
Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII Versus
Demon’s Soul
MAG
Wardevil
Twisted Metal

that list is impossible to top

RagnaroK
01-16-2009, 03:29 PM
PS3 interface is way better and easier to use
looks way cooler when you add your own wallpaper or downloaded themes

you don't need to buy no lil antenna for it if you have router
no need to buy intercooler
no need to buy batteries nor cables for the controller
you can use a USB controller from your PC to play
you can use your PS3 controller on your PC

should i go on?

THE MASON
01-16-2009, 03:34 PM
^How do i use the PS3 controller on PC

i plugged it in but it wouldnt work

RagnaroK
01-16-2009, 03:40 PM
^How do i use the PS3 controller on PC

i plugged it in but it wouldnt work

all thanks to Mr. X for this thread
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68130&highlight=ps3+controller
but the link is dead

you need to download a plug-in
run it then then press the ps button

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRk6tYGNrRU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mRk6tYGNrRU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://dl.qj.net/SIXAXIS-driver-for-PC-Tools-and-Utilities-PlayStation-3/pg/12/fid/11679/catid/518

Rame
01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
I kept the plugin on my PC:

http://www.zshare.net/download/54238404e4736c2c/

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-16-2009, 03:45 PM
On the mic issue obviously a big loss for PS3. You can talk to everyone on Live.

BUT

Anyone who has ever played GTA4 online will know what its like. Theres shit loads of racism and bullshit and fake gangstas.

Its kind of good though if you want to get into shit talkin, I love sonning the shit outta some of those fools somtimes.

THE MASON
01-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Word Thanks for the hook up Rama

id rep if i could lol

Rame
01-16-2009, 03:48 PM
No problem.

I don't have any games on my PC so I don't know if it works.

RagnaroK
01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
it does i play FF Tactics with ePSXe emulator and i love it

THE MASON
01-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Ye i wanted to use it for a bunch of emulators/ROMs i got

All sega systems

SNES/NES/64

i wanted it to play Goldeneye 64

RagnaroK
01-16-2009, 04:04 PM
i even use it to play Castlevania Judgement with the Wii emulator

since the emulator is relatively new is slow and only a few games can be play

11th Chamber
01-16-2009, 05:02 PM
XBOX Live

But again, this is another one of those questions that the people that have the system they have will say that.

So its basically a "Do you prefer PS3 or XBOX360" question.

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Playstation Network would be decent if they could fix the issues with the bluetooth mic. I don't know, I had problems with it not staying registered in the past, so even though I own a Mic I almost never use it.

Playstation Home is a nice addition though. I got Samurai swords in my crib. I'm just waiting for them to have online hookers, so I can bring them home.

Rame
01-16-2009, 05:06 PM
@ 11th Chamber, That wasn't really my question.

I asked why Xbox Live is so much better since I don't see it.

@ Slippy, my headset (official Sony headset) works fine and has worked fine since I first used it.

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
XBOX Live

But again, this is another one of those questions that the people that have the system they have will say that.

So its basically a "Do you prefer PS3 or XBOX360" question.

People kid themselves because of the system they have. I own a PS3 and Wii. Wii actually has the best retro down loadable games.

I won't lie though, Xbox's pay service is superior. PS3 users can't complain about there free shit though.

Rame
01-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Ok, and why would you say it's superior?

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Ok, and why would you say it's superior?

Mainly because of the communication issues. The PS3, in my experience, the Mic just doesn't work right. But I go to my mom's house and see my sister and her boyfriend playing xbox 360 and they have no problems what so ever talking with their friend like they were on the phone.

I tried to set up a chat session on my PS3, and either my cousins mic would work or mine, but neither of them would work together. So like he would talk, I could hear him, but when ever I would talk nothing. We'd both restart set up the session again, and this time he could hear me, but I couldn't hear him. After about 4 or 5 attempts, we'd get them both to work, but then shit would fail after a little while.

Mind you, I have a degree in technology, so are configurations were set up correctly, and I trouble shooted that shit like crazy.

Then we had problems trying to set up an online game. I was trying to play him on Guitar hero and Turok, shit just wasn't letting us play each other. Eventually we got Turok to work, but it was a headache.

Rame
01-16-2009, 05:26 PM
I must say Xbox headsets do sound clearer.

Don't you think the problems with setting up an online game have something to do with your own or his connection? I never have problems with that.

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 05:29 PM
On another note, despite it's superior service, I'm not sure I'd pay for it. Really online gaming should be free in my opinion (which is why I bought the PS3) or be added in with the original purchase of individual games. This added content is also some bullshit, and shiesty way for companies to milk you for every penny. I pay for the extra maps for Metal Gear Online even though that should be for free too.

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 05:39 PM
I must say Xbox headsets do sound clearer.

Don't you think the problems with setting up an online game have something to do with your own or his connection? I never have problems with that.

Possibly........we live in different states, so there could be some networking issues (maybe an issue on his home network), but as far as my home network is concerned.........shit, I have a free balling demilitarized NAT 0 big dick connection to the internet for my PS3 so.......if it is it's out of my hands. I don't know how Xbox handles the pay service, if they maintain gaming servers or what but shit just works better:

My cousin lives 300 milses away and we can barely start a chat service.

My sister's boyfriend is from California, and he can chit chat and play all day long with his friends over thousand miles away. That's alot more routers to hop through, but really it shouldn't be a major difference.

I don't know maybe they use some propriety routing protocols, I never got that deep into it.

11th Chamber
01-16-2009, 05:43 PM
If your an avid online player, $8 a month isnt that bad

I accually havent been that active with mine since COD4 first came out. I dont even kno why I still have it

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 05:46 PM
In its current configuration, most Xbox Live content is routed through Microsoft's Xbox Live servers. For the Xbox Live launch in 2002, Microsoft installed massive arrays of servers in four locations in the United States, Japan and the United Kingdom. The network costs alone were estimated at $500 million [ref (http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=xbox-live.htm&url=http://news.com.com/Microsoft+pushes+Xbox+online/2100-1040_3-965830.html)]. The servers are physically secure, with multiple levels of security. The entire system is controlled from Xbox Live headquarters in Redmond, Washington. Microsoft is so security conscious that they don't give out specific information about types or exact numbers of servers used.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/xbox-live3.htm

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 05:48 PM

I accually havent been that active with mine since COD4 first came out. I dont even kno why I still have it

If you have kids, house, car, credit card payments, and your wives relatives staying in your kid's room eating up all the fucking food....top that with a payment every month for high speed internet.

yeah that's alot to be playing video games.

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 05:56 PM
@ 11th Chamber, That wasn't really my question.

I asked why Xbox Live is so much better since I don't see it.

@ Slippy, my headset (official Sony headset) works fine and has worked fine since I first used it.

Still if sony is going to add support for Blue tooth head sets, they ought make sure shit works properly.

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 06:00 PM
In its current configuration, most Xbox Live content is routed through Microsoft's Xbox Live servers. For the Xbox Live launch in 2002, Microsoft installed massive arrays of servers in four locations in the United States, Japan and the United Kingdom. The network costs alone were estimated at $500 million [ref (http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=xbox-live.htm&url=http://news.com.com/Microsoft+pushes+Xbox+online/2100-1040_3-965830.html)]. The servers are physically secure, with multiple levels of security. The entire system is controlled from Xbox Live headquarters in Redmond, Washington. Microsoft is so security conscious that they don't give out specific information about types or exact numbers of servers used.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/xbox-live3.htm

And this is why XBOX live works. They should make if free, I would jump on the xbox bandwagon.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-16-2009, 06:13 PM
paying for DLC is some real bullshit. i already bought the damn game, and im already paying for Live, surely i paid my dues to these people?

microsoft are too corporate for gaming sometimes.

i think the Live service has a lot of nice little touches too.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-16-2009, 06:15 PM
I mute people with headsets

I have zero interest in hearing people talk shit back and forth over a video-game

thats a shame, most indepth games need comunication - i mute too but not straight off the bat.

PS3 interface is way better and easier to use
looks way cooler when you add your own wallpaper or downloaded themes

have you seen the updated dash for xbox ? the original was bland but nowadays its pretty tight

so you can download old arcade games to your harddrive on playstation ?( real question) ie. i have Ultimate Mortal Kombat III, sonic, 1980's TMNT, 1942, double dragon, worms, chessmaster etc etc, and have they been updated for live play ?

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 06:27 PM
thats a shame, most indepth games need comunication - i mute too but not straight off the bat.

have you seen the updated dash for xbox ? the original was bland but nowadays its pretty tight

so you can download old arcade games to your harddrive on playstation ?( real question) ie. i have Ultimate Mortal Kombat III, sonic, 1980's TMNT, 1942, double dragon, worms, chessmaster etc etc, and have they been updated for live play ?

yes you can.

I have Street Fighter 2 HD (supports fighting online opponents)
Mortal Kombat 2 (arcade version that supports online, fighting opponents)
and
A remake of Bionic commando (High Def and 3d graphics but still a side scroller) that is updated for co-op and a versus mode.

BRONZBODY
01-16-2009, 06:29 PM
its whatever u like really..i perfer psn cause there arent as much idiots and 12 year old racists..but each service have their strengths and weaknesses.

@ slippy what headset do u have homie? my bluetooth headset i got with socom works like a charm.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-16-2009, 06:32 PM
mk2 ? dang, hahaha.

WARPATH
01-16-2009, 06:33 PM
That Wii has the best retro games in my opinion:

nes
super nintendo
N64
sega genesis
Master System
Neo-Geo.....

All the old classics. Short of Atari, I've been re-playing games some of you younger cats probably never heard of.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 06:43 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA DAMN NIGGA 8 DOLLARS A MONTH!!! THEMS IS CRACK PRICES!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA PS3 FOR THA FUCKIN WIN

NIGHT MAYOR
01-16-2009, 06:48 PM
its like $78 (aus) a year, so $6.5 a month, and then you have to change that to u.s. dollars.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 07:14 PM
0$ a month > 78$ a month

blu ray > hd

no batteries for controllers > batteries for controllers

no red rings > red rings

No Comparison

11th Chamber
01-16-2009, 07:16 PM
0$ a month > 78$ a month

Its 8$, not 78

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 07:34 PM
damn i was about to say!!!

still tho

Mr. X
01-16-2009, 10:42 PM
It's free meaning I don't have to pay for a service that may or may not be worth it.

All the retro games can be emulated and some emulators have networking codes so you can play online. Since either controller works on PC, paying for the old games on the networks (not talking about the remakes) is a waste.

Storm
01-16-2009, 11:46 PM
I think both interfaces are fine but yea the new X-Box one has a little more "pop" even though the ps3 interface does have downloadable themes.

Tyler Durden
01-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Mics are shit to use online.

I buzzed my hairy nipples off when I linked my Samsung Bluetooth headset to my PS3, then I realised it was a bag of wank to use because people on the other end either play music or laugh. I'll still use it, but it's mainly there for me to tell other people to shut the fuck up

shaolinsword
01-17-2009, 01:36 AM
PSN is only good because it's free
I've been dc from PSN far too many times
The EU store is terrible and gets updated with crap [but that's a fault on SCEE's side rather I guess]

XBL is good although it's annoying how they treat their silver members
I've been DC a few times but that's more down to the 360 scratching the discs for fun
The store is good and gets updated as and when rather than on a certain day
Most of the people playing online are pre pubescent teens who get in a strop when you kill em

RagnaroK
01-17-2009, 10:25 AM

yes i have both consoles on my house my bro got the 360 and i the PS3
is looks good it was a nice update, i found that some people didn't like it they prefer the old one, but the themes looks better on PS3 it not just a wallpaper it changes the icons too thats pretty cool and thing are easier to find there is more organize
if i pick a random person who does not know about the consoles and i say to him go a find this setting or look for the game it would take him more time to find it on the XBOX then on the PS3

@ Slippy is your Blue-Tooth for the PS3 or just the one you normally use on your phone?

WARPATH
01-21-2009, 06:12 PM
I think both interfaces are fine but yea the new X-Box one has a little more "pop" even though the ps3 interface does have downloadable themes.

Having a big titee theme > Xbox interface.

Don't kid yourself.

WARPATH
01-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Mics are shit to use online.

I buzzed my hairy nipples off when I linked my Samsung Bluetooth headset to my PS3, then I realised it was a bag of wank to use because people on the other end either play music or laugh. I'll still use it, but it's mainly there for me to tell other people to shut the fuck up

Using an offical headset does make difference, even though it shouldn't.

I was using a motorola joint and shit was whack. Bought an offical joint and shit improved dramtically.

But...

I paid $50 for just the headset.
Then I nocited you can get a head set with the new socom for $10 more ($60 total).

:'(

:yessad:

;(

Visionz
01-21-2009, 06:55 PM

I was using a motorola joint and shit was whack. Bought an offical joint and shit improved dramtically.

But...

Then I nocited you can get a head set with the new socom for $10 more ($60 total).

;(
Motorola products are almost always bullshit for future reference

Charles Barry
01-21-2009, 08:17 PM
I started with 360 got rid of it and went to PS3. PS3 online was wack and the only game I really played was The Show. I said fuck it and went back to 360. Xbox Live is worth the money to me.

thatKid
01-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Well... I'm a cheap as fuck person, so... PS3 for me

Bg_Knocc_Out
01-21-2009, 10:46 PM
They both have nearly the same features, there's not much different, except there's much more of a community on Live and, seeing as Microsoft is the bigger company, it can buy out all the good arcade/movies/etc for DLC before PS3 gets to it.

Professor Poopsnagle
01-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Live isn't that expensive. You can get 13 months for $30, that's 2,30 per month.

The Hound
02-19-2009, 01:04 AM
i'm glad not many people use mics on the PSN ... when i was really into COD4 online i played like 20 games in a row with the same group and there was one little whiney, faggoty, british kid who spent the ENTIRE time making retarded noises and saying "IM GONNA GET YOUUUUUU" in the same voice as the kid says REDUM in the shining

so fuck a headset ... if it wasn't for the fact that you need sound on COD4 to hear people approaching i'd have the shit muted

i don't know why so many xbox herbs get such a hard on about their xbox live shit ... all i want to do online is play, i don't want to sit at the TV on messenger or live arcade or whatever i just want to open the game and play online

and i would NEVER pay for the online experience

whitey
02-19-2009, 01:38 AM
^def agree with that.

i only really play fifa on the ps3. im not trying to pay to be able to play a video game. i enjoy playing it, but im out of the stage where id feel the need to pay to play.

i dont like the xbox in general, something bout the controller im not feeling. its akward in my hand.

Rame
02-19-2009, 05:41 PM

But...

;(

You know what's even more fucked up?

The headset costed me € 40.

Today Tom Clancy's End War + Headset got a price reduction.

Game + Headset cost € 30 now..

Same headset.

I don't even like the game (I played a demo), but still..

whitey
02-19-2009, 09:47 PM
return that bitch and get the other one.