PDA

View Full Version : Jeru: Greatness or Just another MC?

THE MASON
01-16-2009, 03:15 PM
I been bumpin a lot of his shit lately

mostly Still Rising, cuz i have to find the rest on youtube, but hes one of the best mcs i ever heard.

He can flow like anyone else if not better plus his lyrics are mad deep.

86WbbLLtWgw
Airplay

like this song right here, listen to the lyrics, hes got something to say and not just beef against the government, theres like a revolutionary tone to it

but the way he flows over the beat is dopeness. maybe its jsut me right now but Jeru is by far one of the best emcees ever

INF
01-16-2009, 03:17 PM
sun rises is a CLASSIC

I honestly havent heard his last album and keep putting it off. Wrath of the Math is CLassic too , fuck it.

Somebody asked me what I considered classic once and I didnt even have to second guess Jeru's first two joints

Jin10304
01-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Hes another very GOOD rapper

Tony Bandana
01-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Come Clean is one off the illest tracks everymade.

Jeru is one of my faves

too bad him and Primo dont get along nomore? (may have heard wrong?)

11th Chamber
01-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Dude dropped some classic shit, no doubt about that

THE MASON
01-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Hes storytelling is incredible, know how to paint a picture and follows the storyline very well, sometimes in story rhymes they sound off track or you cant follow them

like this

HJVVPXm6jwY

WsJnWQm0jKo

Treazon
01-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Sun Rises in the East and Wrath of the Math are both instant and permanent classics, especially Sun Rises wit songs like come clean, jungle music, aint the devil happy, d. original etc etc. every tracks a classic.

Still Rising has its ups and downs, history 101 is illuminating and would be extremely difficult to actually do, takes alot of skill.. but the song The Prophet is clearly the best of the cd, and it holds its own against the other volumes in the adventures of the prophet.

Jeru is in my top 10 easily.. lyrically hes not to be fucked with, and if he was in Gangstarr as a full third member, they would be a GOAT group (if they arent already)

the dude absolutely ripped anything and everything Preemo cooked up

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Come Clean is one off the illest tracks everymade.

Jeru is one of my faves

too bad him and Primo dont get along nomore? (may have heard wrong?)

nah u aint wrong i heard rumors that these niggaz actually threw down....dont kno if THAT is true but there is definitely funk there

claaa7
01-16-2009, 06:21 PM
^^ yeah it's true, Jeru and Premier ain't speaking to eachother anymore and i read that in an interview with Preem a couple years back.. there was money (what else) involved, from what I understand Jeru didn't feel like he had to pay Preemo barely anything for his beats because they were friends or some shit.. and Preem said he already gave away the beats really, really cheap to Jeru so it was a fucked up situation.

too bad though, the 2 albums they made together is 2 classics, nuff said.

maestro wooz
01-17-2009, 12:48 AM
first two albums are godlike status by both premier and jeru. Jeru is one of the realest rappers and in my mind only a few emcees were really on his level.

jeru and premier > guru and premier

Ritter
01-17-2009, 02:20 AM
I love Jeru's style. I could always dig his delivery and flow over Preem. Could anyone upload the .mp3 of "99.9%"?

GZAjector
01-17-2009, 04:01 AM
heroez for hire is dope too.

first time i ever heard jeru i was maaaaaad blazed skipping school cruising around listening to the radio, and that fucking beat came on,

doom dume duum dewm dome dome doam

or however it would phonetically be spelled lol

"ya wanna front what??? jump up and get bucked"

i was like who the fuck is this

copped that shit and never looked back, he's an ill rapper.

great beard.

Edgar Erebus
01-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Jeru: Greatness or Just another MC?

Just another MC who had that fluke to make a classic and a missed-by-a-hair classic album.

He drowned in wackness rather quickly, what do you think?

TAURO
01-17-2009, 12:25 PM
One of the very few dope emcee's I actually don't like that much.

Tage
01-17-2009, 12:36 PM
^yeah... co-sign

diggy
01-20-2009, 12:32 AM
715HU4dhoas

Paranoid
01-20-2009, 12:51 AM
greatness

diggy
01-20-2009, 01:04 AM
True indeed.

diggy
01-20-2009, 02:20 AM
UQRpMScx0oM&feature=related

crds
01-20-2009, 02:57 AM
Jeru is dope, but his last 2 albums weren't.

Vikthor
01-20-2009, 03:45 AM
I love Jeru's style. I could always dig his delivery and flow over Preem. Could anyone upload the .mp3 of "99.9%"?

yep
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5439509271acdea4/

Sun Rises in the East and Wrath of the Math are both instant and permanent classics, especially Sun Rises wit songs like come clean, jungle music, aint the devil happy, d. original etc etc. every tracks a classic.

Still Rising has its ups and downs, history 101 is illuminating and would be extremely difficult to actually do, takes alot of skill.. but the song The Prophet is clearly the best of the cd, and it holds its own against the other volumes in the adventures of the prophet.

Jeru is in my top 10 easily.. lyrically hes not to be fucked with, and if he was in Gangstarr as a full third member, they would be a GOAT group (if they arent already)

the dude absolutely ripped anything and everything Preemo cooked up

yep yep :yes:

KLIION JENSEN
01-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Jeru is dope, but his last 2 albums weren't.

they were dope, its just they were'nt as dope as his first 2 albums, the one that came after Wrath Of The Math is his worst one, Divine Design & Still Rising are fairly dope

its just a shame that him & Preemo fell out, they made some really amazing music together.

NOMADTHEBUTCHER
01-22-2009, 10:25 AM
He is def one of the GREATS! youcant stop the prophet and revenge of the prophet are two of the illest storytellin songs.. the video was dope too.

wilmington shogun
01-22-2009, 02:00 PM
without premo hes nothing

lets put it like that

food for thought
01-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Greatness