PDA

View Full Version : Ceasefire declared in Gaza

food for thought
01-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Israel declares ceasefire in Gaza
breaking news

Israel is to halt its three-week military offensive against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has said.

Mr Olmert said a unilateral Israeli ceasefire would take effect from 0200 (2400 GMT).

Earlier, a Hamas spokesman said it would fight until its demands were met, including an Israeli withdrawal.

Nearly 1,200 Palestinians have been killed since the violence began on 27 December. Thirteen Israelis have died.

Minutes before Mr Olmert was due to speak, a rocket was fired from Gaza, a BBC producer in Gaza said.

The Israeli prime minister's announcement came in a televised address following a late-night cabinet meeting.

Israel's operation in Gaza had fully achieved its aims, Mr Olmert said, with Hamas badly damaged both militarily and in terms of infrastructure.

But the success of the ceasefire depended on Hamas, he said.

If militant rocket fire into Israel continued, Israel would respond with force, he said.

shaolinsword
01-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Do they actually mean it this time though? I saw the news a few days back saying that Isreal welcomed the ceasefire then a few hours after found out they bombed the UN embassy

I can't see how this "war" is legit tbh

TSA
01-17-2009, 04:23 PM
israel was really over the top in this one, i hope in round 346 the calm down cause round 345 really has them looking furious.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Yea, it does. But its that terrorism shit. ITs terrorizing...people don't really like it.

food for thought
01-17-2009, 04:52 PM
I can't see how this "war" is legit tbh

of course it is not legit.

does anybody else think that the fact they did this days b4 obamas inaugaration is significant?

i think this was a calculated move.

i have a feeling hes not going to be giving them blind support like bush did

HANZO
01-17-2009, 05:08 PM
What bullshit.. Isreal can fuck off with this ceasefire bollocks. How can they expect Muslims not to hate Isreal after this?? did anyone see that live Isreali TV coverage of some anchorman talking to his Palestinian friend who was a well respected Doctor in Isreal screaming after he heard his 3 daughters had been killed by the Isrealis??

dats straight fucked.

also shame on Egypt and Jordan for their behaviour, and the split in the Arab world. The Egyptians and some other cunt Arabs pledged $400million to the Palestinians of the west bank. showing they are not willing to help Gaza at all cause its Hamas territory. while Qatar is trying to help Gaza.

also Venezuelen President Chavez is now hailed as a proper hero in the middle east after he broke all ties with Isreal. something only Qatar has done out of all the Muslim countries.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Last time there was a ceasefire Isreal used it to go in secretly and assasinate leaders on the sly, while Hamas were actually ceasefiring.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Why don't Muslims just let them be???

at least for now, cuz they are obviously much stronger than the Palestinians, its not even close.

Suicide bombers and terrorism is only making things worse for them.

There are alot of groups of people who have gotten fucked out of their land. Most of the people living where they do are living in lands that were taken from somebody down the line.

Thats all this really is, its not even about religion, if it was the rest of the Arab world would rally around them universally. But they dont.

I think the Palestinians will f ight back less and less until they settle into the reality that Israel is more powerful than them, and that they should not be fucking with them.

1,200 to 13 (if those are accurate).....Thats total domination. Stop fighting, you can't win. Its suicide, no pun intended.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
01-17-2009, 05:30 PM
I don't understand how this is a beef with "Muslims".

Israel is not fighting Muslims.

Israel is only fighting the Palestinians, as they have been for a long time.

Both parties are equally fucked up, but Israel is the "bad guy" for being stronger.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-17-2009, 05:45 PM
people always mistake muslim for palestian and Jew for israeli in these discussions. i just did it, but the point still remains

BTTR KNG KOOL
01-18-2009, 06:00 AM
of course it is not legit.

does anybody else think that the fact they did this days b4 obamas inaugaration is significant?

i think this was a calculated move.

i have a feeling hes not going to be giving them blind support like bush did

yeah..

Jun 22nd, 2008, U.N. Ambassador John Bolton:

"I think if they [Israel] are to do anything, the most likely period is after our elections and before the inauguration of the next President. I don’t think they will do anything before our election because they don’t want to affect it. And they’d have to make a judgment whether to go during the remainder of President Bush’s term in office or wait for his successor."

^^this was about a war against Iran.. but anyway...

food for thought
01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
the massacre was carried on under false pretext

the rockets fired from Gaza can be stopped by weapons

there are missile systems that can be used by an army to intercept incoming rockets and blow them up before they land.

It is common knowledge that the Israeli army with U.S weapons have and continue to recieve the best weapons ever created and the technology. they have the best weapons in the world.

The U.S army have been using these weapons since Desert Storm where they used them against Sadamms rockets that he was firing into Saudi Arabia.

The Israeli army can use these weapons to intercept these rockets and protect their citizens.

They had and continue to have a different agenda.

The Massacre was carried out under false pretexts.

TSA
01-18-2009, 11:15 PM
^that was retarded as hell

even if they caught it you still shot at them. If someone fires a gun shot at you and misses would your pretenses be false for shooting him back?

hectis
01-19-2009, 12:52 AM
a ceasefire, what is it really like a week off from war?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 01:26 AM
^hahaha. Yea, right?

The Israelis might as well wipe them out cuz this shit they aint gonna stop.

EAGLE EYE
01-19-2009, 01:34 AM
I think Australia should go occupy the area with their army. Really throw them for a loop.

THE MASON
01-19-2009, 01:36 AM
this shits been going on for too long

ive stopped having interest in the israel and palestine beef, its like when a bad actor is losing his career he just makes alot of movies.

Israel and Palestine are just starting wars so people will care about them again

hectis
01-19-2009, 01:36 AM
I think Australia should go occupy the area with their army. Really throw them for a loop.

their army's time is spent fighting off the toads taking over their country

LoTec
01-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Both parties are equally fucked up, but Israel is the "bad guy" for being stronger.

Israel is the "bad guy" for being a brutally oppresive forein ocupping power.

11th Chamber
01-19-2009, 05:52 PM
a ceasefire, what is it really like a week off from war?

basically. Some shit will jump off again and they'll go right back to it.

Might as well finish it if you are in it, I say myself.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 05:53 PM
^hahahahah!!

he thinks its that simple too

01-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Israel is the "bad guy" for being a brutally oppresive forein ocupping power.

how can you foreignly occupy what is legally recognized as part of your own country?

Israel is fucked up. But in conflicts like this one, there are no good guys and bad guys.

To try and simplify it so puts you on the level as the fuckheads on both sides of the conflict.

11th Chamber
01-19-2009, 06:05 PM
^hahahahah!!

he thinks its that simple too

you mis-interpreted that. Or maybe I was a little to deliberate.

Not finish the attack cause that doesnt happen overnight...like keep doing what they're doing cause they were already doing it

ya kno...

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 06:11 PM
you mis-interpreted that. Or maybe I was a little to deliberate.

Not finish the attack cause that doesnt happen overnight...like keep doing what they're doing cause they were already doing it

ya kno...

that was actually meant for the person above you. I was going to edit it but i was toolazy.

diggy
01-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Ok, they cease fire now, but they will start up again. They always do. No big deal. Sometimes I wonder why is this even covered on the news. Same ol' shit constantly.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-20-2009, 12:09 AM
i agree. What was the point of the Palestinians fucking with them?? To get totally dominated yet again. Give it up, you can't win and nobody is going to help you.

Israel also needs to realize, and probably has, that it will never be at peace. There better off getting some nice desert real estate in Arizona and just living there.

LoTec
01-20-2009, 06:40 PM
how can you foreignly occupy what is legally recognized as part of your own country?

Israel is fucked up. But in conflicts like this one, there are no good guys and bad guys.

To try and simplify it so puts you on the level as the fuckheads on both sides of the conflict.

The zionists are of recent european decent, they were foreigners when they decided to "settle" what they claim to be their ancestral homeland. Which is more than likely bullshit, thier ancestors were probably converts after the 12 tribes were scattered. Not that any of that really matters now anyway.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
well blaim the white man in your warped view but those 'zionists' were nearly wiped off the face of the Earth by the Nazi's.

So were you FOR the holocaust???

Because your rampant anti-semitism comes off that way.

your very confused and the name 'LoTec' actually fits you well.

LoTec
01-21-2009, 05:52 PM
lol^^^ @ rampant anti-semitism

Dude you aint baiting me into one of your dumbass aurguments, thats all your here for and I wont indulge you

Peace and blessings

01-21-2009, 06:04 PM
The zionists are of recent european decent, they were foreigners when they decided to "settle" what they claim to be their ancestral homeland. Which is more than likely bullshit, thier ancestors were probably converts after the 12 tribes were scattered. NOT THAT ANY OF THAT REALLY MATTERS NOW ANYWAY.

Then why did you bring it up?

I realize that it does no good to repeat myself, because it seems that it is easier for people to quickly buy in to the rhetoric of either side, but it just seems so obvious to me that both sides are fucked up.

Israel is fucked up for occupying a territory and controlling the lives of a people.

BUt are they doing it because they hate Palestinians?

Don't be ignorant.

This is a group of people who refuses to acknowledge their right to EXIST. As soon as they stop their occupation, rocket attacks will INCREASE. This isn't opinion, this is the open policy of Hamas, who the palestinian people elected to be in power.

It is just a cycle of shittiness. I can empathize with both sides, but really can't see "good guys and bad guys", as that is an extremely simplistic view that shows a lack of critical thought.

If you don't like Jewish people, that is cool, but don't try to justify that view with a one-sided view of history, and don't try to use bigotry as justification for moral superiority.

But, again, Israel looks like some dickheads. So does Palestine. People on this website simply see Israel as the bad guy because they are better at a war that neither side really wants to stop.

LoTec
01-21-2009, 06:46 PM
[quote=LadiesLoveCoolDan;1460321]Then why did you bring it up?

I realize that it does no good to repeat myself, because it seems that it is easier for people to quickly buy in to the rhetoric of either side, but it just seems so obvious to me that both sides are fucked up.

Israel is fucked up for occupying a territory and controlling the lives of a people.

BUt are they doing it because they hate Palestinians?

(Tec-They are doing it for power, same reason the USA conquered North America. Israels situation is just a continuation of European colinizaton)

Don't be ignorant.

(Tec-I try not to be, striveing for perfection, a continual process)

This is a group of people who refuses to acknowledge their right to EXIST. As soon as they stop their occupation, rocket attacks will INCREASE. This isn't opinion, this is the open policy of Hamas, who the palestinian people elected to be in power.

(Tec-yes they refuse let a hostile zionist government lording power over them to exist)

It is just a cycle of shittiness. I can empathize with both sides, but really can't see "good guys and bad guys", as that is an extremely simplistic view that shows a lack of critical thought.

(Tec-yes I agree to a point as we are all one within, without, under and above the allmighty)

If you don't like Jewish people, that is cool, but don't try to justify that view with a one-sided view of history, and don't try to use bigotry as justification for moral superiority.

(Tec-I really dont see where you can point to any bigotry in any statment Ive ever made. But I do understand that that is very subjective. For the record I have no problem what so ever with people of the jewish faith. As for the one-sided view kid you sound like a Hannity teleprompter. The only thing I said that is desputeable was questioning European jews ancestrol link to biblical Isrealites.)

But, again, Israel looks like some dickheads. So does Palestine. People on this website simply see Israel as the bad guy because they are better at a war that neither side really wants to stop.

(Tec-Well some people fight the power some people lust after it)

01-21-2009, 07:03 PM
It is hard for me to read your response, but I don't disagree with all of it.

My main point is that anytime any group uses religion as a claim to land, as both sides are doing, their argument is usually flawed and unfair.

But your statement:

(Tec-yes they refuse let a hostile zionist government lording power over them to exist)

That statement is misleading.

If Palestine enjoyed the military power that Israel has, there would be no long drawn out war. All of the Israelis would be dead. They would commit swift genocide. That is their open policy.

If that were the case, would you support Israel?

I just don't understand how one side of this ignorance is morally superior to the other, because one has power and the other doesn't

There was no Palestinian state when Israel was created. There were loose settlements. The majority of Israeli and Palestinian people want a 2-state solution, which seems fair to me.

Hardliners on both sides prevent this from happening.