PDA

View Full Version : LAKERS dump two in a row ....

M.O.D.
01-17-2009, 08:05 PM
what the science behind that shit , fill free to speak freely

Olive Oil Goombah
01-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Its about to be three on Monday after the King disposes of Kobe

M.O.D.
01-17-2009, 08:20 PM
yeah thats gonna be a crazy ass game

11th Chamber
01-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Nothin better than the two best players in the world matching up

Cavs/Lakers is always a cant miss

Rode Block
01-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Two close losses to two of the best teams in the NBA. In an 82 game season things like this are bound to happen, not a big deal IMO.

Its about to be three on Monday after the King disposes of Kobe

lol, keep dreaming. Lakers re-taking the stop spot on Monday and y'all know it.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-18-2009, 01:46 AM
Nobody in the league D's up like the Cavs this year.

whitey
01-18-2009, 12:14 PM
D-howard. D is in the mans name. magic would beast the cavs any day.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Please...LeBron's chasing guys down from half court swatting there shots into the upper deck.
Than you got Big Ben and Andy swarmin motherfuckers. D-Howards can't get nuthin on us. Were too big, and now we got Hickson comin off the bench bringin the hardhat and the dunks.

stick to soccer

check two
01-18-2009, 12:19 PM
What's in the science of making a thread about a team losing 2 games in a row? lol

Olive Oil Goombah
01-18-2009, 12:52 PM
they panic in LA if it starts raining.....they riot over nothing.

They are just high strung out there...its all that meth

whitey
01-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Please...LeBron's chasing guys down from half court swatting there shots into the upper deck.
Than you got Big Ben and Andy swarmin motherfuckers. D-Howards can't get nuthin on us. Were too big, and now we got Hickson comin off the bench bringin the hardhat and the dunks.

stick to soccer

like ive said, i like most all sports. some just more than others.

and dont denie it, bron tries to go strong on dhoward in the playoffs and its career over for bron. wont matter in a year or two anyway when hes a knickerbocker.

Rode Block
01-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Nobody in the league D's up like the Cavs this year.

The Lakers Zone-Trap D is gonna shut-down Lebron and Co.

Lakers got two 7-footers to clog up the driving lanes...which is 85% of Lebron's game.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 01:06 AM
LOL @ anyone thinking they can stop LeBron.

Gasol is a soft Euro and Bynum will get dunked on like all the rest. Bron probably weighs more than both of those guys.

You can clog up all them lanes tho cuz he'll just dish it out to Wally, Boobie, Mo, Sasha, whoever is out there waiting to knock down the three's.

Or maybe he'll just pick and roll you to death, bring your big men outside the paint.

Regardless we should be able to take care of business even without Big Z and Delonte.

hectis
01-19-2009, 01:15 AM
kobe>james

11th Chamber
01-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Bron probably weighs more than both of those guys.

thats gotta be the reason he doesnt get D-Waded everytime he drives to the hole

kobe>james

True, and iv always stood behind that.

But this year especially im starting to see the transition. Bron needs to get a title first tho before he can get the label of best in the world.

hectis
01-19-2009, 01:20 AM
D wade>kobe

11th Chamber
01-19-2009, 01:24 AM

this is when I leave before I go off..

what a stupid comment.

hectis
01-19-2009, 01:30 AM
this is when I tell you everyone is aloud to have their own view sorry I dont think kobe is better

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 01:36 AM
LeBron is better than Kobe and has been since the year the Cavs went to the Finals.

I see him play every game. He does things Kobe physically cannot do. Offensively and defensively.

Its funny how everyone went from hating on Kobe to sucking his dick on the regular.

Remember, he never won shit without Big Shaq.

2008 stats
LeBron
MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
37.1 0.501 0.290 0.784 1.3 5.8 7.1 6.7 2.0 1.3 3.05 2 27.8

Kobe
MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG 36.3 0.478 0.365 0.864 1.2 4.4 5.5 4.9 1.3 0.4 2.87 2.30 27.2

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 01:37 AM
eh fuck they didnt line up right

hectis
01-19-2009, 01:39 AM
if he does not leave the cavs I think he will win the city it's first title in a long time

Dirty Knowledge
01-19-2009, 01:42 AM
well

wade = 1 finals mvp, 1 nba title
kobe = 3 nba titles, no mvps. always had the young shaq. the GREAT shaq.
lebron = got swept in the finals.

wade = leading the league in scoring.

people sleeping if they think kobe is still #1 or #2. there's a new 2 best in the league its wade, lebron. anyone saying otherwise is dumb because wade's numbers this year shits on kobe, and other than rebounds? wade shits on lebron.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 01:47 AM
LeBron shit on Wade head to head, its a good thing you went into hiding that week.

He swatted DWades shit at least twice.

Wade isn't better than LeBron. Not even close.

I think he is the second best player in the league this year tho, but he won't sustain this level of play. He's too injury prone. He's gets beat up when he goes to the basket.
Plus he's what 3 or 4 years older than LeBron.

he needed like 4 years at Marquette to get ready. Bron just stepped on teh court outta high school and dominated.

You all saw his first game.

Dirty Knowledge
01-19-2009, 01:49 AM
talk once lebron gets a finals mvp. and with the cavs, not the knicks or any other team once 2010 hits.

and wade pinned lebrons shit in the game at miami.
dont front. wade prolly has more or close to as many blocks as lebron this year. as a guard. lol.

hectis
01-19-2009, 01:51 AM
I understand why people say James or kobe are better but I just like wade better than them I mean my favorite player is Duncan and no one will say he is better than any of those 3

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 01:55 AM
talk once lebron gets a finals mvp. and with the cavs, not the knicks or any other team once 2010 hits.

and wade pinned lebrons shit in the game at miami.
dont front. wade prolly has more or close to as many blocks as lebron this year. as a guard. lol.

No he doesnt...typical new yorker your just lying out your teeth.

Wade rode Shaq back. Look at what his team has done since....Niggaz got swept by CHICAGO in the FIRST ROUND.

LeBron is just better than Wade, and if you had 1st pick in a fantasy draft started your own team, you'd take LeBron.

Dirty Knowledge
01-19-2009, 01:56 AM
i understand too. but i love when wade plays these guys and owns em. remember the game in miami vs lakers this year? ahahaha wade was SICK. half court 3s to beat the buzzer. cmon now. this dudes 6'4.

SIX FOUR

and nicky shut your cracker ass up

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 01:58 AM
SO now your making an excuse cuz he's 6'4".

you schtoopid nigga. Been in FLA too long, whatever brain you have got fried by the humidity.

Dirty Knowledge
01-19-2009, 01:59 AM
shut up cracker

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 02:01 AM
damn u got me with that one!!

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 02:02 AM
racism aside, you kno deep down in your shallow, lifeless, scumbag, traitorous heart that LeBron is better.

you'll never admit it, but its a truth that lies within your soul and every new york sellouts soul.

Dirty Knowledge
01-19-2009, 02:02 AM
no i got you with the

heat titles - 1
cavs titles - 0

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 02:05 AM
thats all you can say tho.

Its who the better player is, and undoubtedy its LeBron James. This you cannot argue.

Dirty Knowledge
01-19-2009, 02:07 AM
all i can say is what?

wades got a title? on par for his second playoffs minus shaq
and lebrons got...
a finals sweep against him?

shit if this was the 1 on 1 league maybe lebron would reign as the best.

but this aint that.

cavs titles = 0

get your weight up before trash talking.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 10:39 AM
LeBron took a shittier team to the Finals.

Wade came in on an already good team with maybe the best big man to ever play.

Put LeBron with Shaq and they win 3 titles already.

You saw what happened once Shaq left.

It was a lottery team, the worst in the league.

But how bout them Knicks tho?? Why'd you abandon them?

hectis
01-19-2009, 01:21 PM
the heat won because of wade and well the cavs have yet to win a game in the finals

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 02:56 PM
vikings huh??

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 03:02 PM
the heat won because of wade and well the cavs have yet to win a game in the finals

Dwayne Wade could not have taken the Cavs as far as LeBron did. The fact that LeBron took that particular team to the Finals and knocked off Detroit in 6 was a testament in and of itself.

LeBron is a better overall player, bottom line.

I mean look at Kobe. Without Shaq, he ain't won shit. Same thing goes for Wade. I'm not saying he wasn't a key part of that team, I'm just saying any great player paired up with Shaq has a greater chance to win.

But DWade is not only LeBrons level of dominance. He's close, but he's not quite there. PLus he's getting old already, has a bum knee and is too small to be good for long.

He's only got maybe 3 more great years left.

Orion Nebulus
01-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Titles aside....I honestly believe LeBron is a better player than Wade.

Rode Block
01-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Dwayne Wade could not have taken the Cavs as far as LeBron did. The fact that LeBron took that particular team to the Finals and knocked off Detroit in 6 was a testament in and of itself.

Lebron had the easiest path to the finals of any other team I can remember. And it showed when they got their ass swept by Tim Duncan and Co. Tim Duncan and the Spurs completley SHUT LEBRON DOWN. Lebron couldn't do shit against the Spurs D...he couldn't even manage to win one game.

Wade on the other hand, might have had one of the greatest finals performance in NBA history. You can't front on that.

LeBron is a better overall player, bottom line.

I mean look at Kobe. Without Shaq, he ain't won shit. Same thing goes for Wade. I'm not saying he wasn't a key part of that team, I'm just saying any great player paired up with Shaq has a greater chance to win.

Yeah. that's always been a good formula to win. You get two Hall of Fame players on one team and they have a GREAT shot at winning the title. Danny Ferry should be taking notes from Riley.

But DWade is not only LeBrons level of dominance. He's close, but he's not quite there. PLus he's getting old already, has a bum knee and is too small to be good for long.

He's only got maybe 3 more great years left.

People used to say the sam thing about AI...and he's managed to put up great numbers into his thirties. Didn't know 27 years old was old though. Shit Jordan didn't win his first title until he was 28, and he put up crazy statistics well into his thirties...and Wade has a very similar game to Jordan.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Lebron had the easiest path to the finals of any other team I can remember. And it showed when they got their ass swept by Tim Duncan and Co. Tim Duncan and the Spurs completley SHUT LEBRON DOWN. Lebron couldn't do shit against the Spurs D...he couldn't even manage to win one game.

Wade on the other hand, might have had one of the greatest finals performance in NBA history. You can't front on that.

They beat the Nets with Kidd, Carter, Jefferson and the Piston who won all those games that year. Thats easy?? Hughes didn't play in the Finals on an already not deep team. Against a team as good as the Spurs, your not going to be able to do it by yourself. Come on dog, I thought you knew your shit.

Yeah. that's always been a good formula to win. You get two Hall of Fame players on one team and they have a GREAT shot at winning the title. Danny Ferry should be taking notes from Riley.

Danny Ferry's done a great job so far. Dumping Hughes and Gooden, trading for West, Wally, Big Ben and signing Mo Williams. ANd he's got a ton of money for 2010.

People used to say the sam thing about AI...and he's managed to put up great numbers into his thirties. Didn't know 27 years old was old though. Shit Jordan didn't win his first title until he was 28, and he put up crazy statistics well into his thirties...and Wade has a very similar game to Jordan.

AI has no ring, so does that devalue everything he's done??? Since we are holding greatness by ring standards??

Jordan is bigger and stronger than Dwayne Wade.

I mean, I think Wade is a better player than AI is and was, ring or no ring. I'd take Wade over Iverson everytime.

But at the same time, I'd take LeBron over Wade everytime on my team.

11th Chamber
01-19-2009, 06:53 PM
well

wade = 1 finals mvp, 1 nba title
kobe = 3 nba titles, no mvps. always had the young shaq. the GREAT shaq.
lebron = got swept in the finals.

Kobe won MVP last year you fucking retard.

If Wade didnt have Shaq, than the Heat wouldent have won that title. So if you're gonna include Shaq with Kobe's acomplishments, than Shaq is glued to Wades legacy also

NBA MVP TITLES -

Kobe - 1
LeBron - 0
Wade - 0

Shit..had Kobe not had that bad of a wrap in the league a few years ago, he would have won the 2005-2006 mvp when he was rollin with a 36 ppg avg

hectis
01-19-2009, 06:59 PM
vikings huh??

they will win the super bowl in 2010

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
No...not as long as Tavaris Jackson is their QB.

Everyone hated Kobe a few years ago, now their all up in the dudes asshole.

Nash shouldnt have won both of those MVPs and Dirk should not have won it the year the Cavs went to the Finals.

Rode Block
01-20-2009, 12:25 AM
They beat the Nets with Kidd, Carter, Jefferson and the Piston who won all those games that year. Thats easy?? Hughes didn't play in the Finals on an already not deep team. Against a team as good as the Spurs, your not going to be able to do it by yourself. Come on dog, I thought you knew your shit.

You know damn well that the Pistons with Billups were the most complacent team in the NBA. They played with 0 passion. It's like they just expected to win because of who they were. The Pisons of the last few years were the most overrated team in the NBA.

And the Kidd, Carter, Jefferson was one of the worse defensive teams in the NBA. Plus Kidd and Carter never played well together...That team had bad chemistry and no defense.

Danny Ferry's done a great job so far. Dumping Hughes and Gooden, trading for West, Wally, Big Ben and signing Mo Williams. ANd he's got a ton of money for 2010.

lol..I was just joking bout that. Danny Ferry has done a great job building the Cavs.

AI has no ring, so does that devalue everything he's done??? Since we are holding greatness by ring standards??

Jordan is bigger and stronger than Dwayne Wade.

I mean, I think Wade is a better player than AI is and was, ring or no ring. I'd take Wade over Iverson everytime.

But at the same time, I'd take LeBron over Wade everytime on my team.

I'd take Lebron over Wade too, but I still think D-Wade has a chance to go down as the forth best 2-guard of all-time. Behind Jordan, Kobe, and Erving.

I don't get where you were going with AI and rings...i never even mentioned rings and AI is one of my favorite players.

So...how you like the beat down Lakers gave Lebron? Told you Lakers were gonna clog up all his driving lanes! LOL, Lakers just bullied the Cavs to submission tonight!

Olive Oil Goombah
01-20-2009, 12:33 AM
You know damn well that the Pistons with Billups were the most complacent team in the NBA. They played with 0 passion. It's like they just expected to win because of who they were. The Pisons of the last few years were the most overrated team in the NBA.

And the Kidd, Carter, Jefferson was one of the worse defensive teams in the NBA. Plus Kidd and Carter never played well together...That team had bad chemistry and no defense.

lol..I was just joking bout that. Danny Ferry has done a great job building the Cavs.

I'd take Lebron over Wade too, but I still think D-Wade has a chance to go down as the forth best 2-guard of all-time. Behind Jordan, Kobe, and Erving.

I don't get where you were going with AI and rings...i never even mentioned rings and AI is one of my favorite players.

So...how you like the beat down Lakers gave Lebron? Told you Lakers were gonna clog up all his driving lanes! LOL, Lakers just bullied the Cavs to submission tonight!

Everyone was on Detroits dick those years. Don't hate on the Cavs like that. The West plays no defense, thats why the Spurs dominate.

Wade after Jordan, Kobe and Erving??? I dont kno about that....too early.

LeBron was getting hacked, they didnt call shit, they never do. He was fine. Gasol's too skinny to hurt Bron, and Bynum aint shit.
We were down 2 starters. Enjoy the win. Savor it. its about time, we had a 5 game streak goin on.
Kobe was the one who came out banged up.

Lakers are good, they are a deep team. But at full strenght I think we are better. We missed Z and West tonight.

Bron took bad 3's, when he does that we usually don't win. I thought he should have attacked more cuz he was blowin by Kobe.

On a side note, i think the NBA should do away with zone defense. I never liked it.

Rode Block
01-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Everyone was on Detroits dick those years. Don't hate on the Cavs like that. The West plays no defense, thats why the Spurs dominate.

lol...That's true. Can't even argue with that.

Wade after Jordan, Kobe and Erving??? I dont kno about that....too early.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, just that it's a good possibility, if he can stay healthy.

LeBron was getting hacked, they didnt call shit, they never do. He was fine. Gasol's too skinny to hurt Bron, and Bynum aint shit.
We were down 2 starters. Enjoy the win. Savor it. its about time, we had a 5 game streak goin on.
Kobe was the one who came out banged up.

Lakers are good, they are a deep team. But at full strenght I think we are better. We missed Z and West tonight.

Bron took bad 3's, when he does that we usually don't win. I thought he should have attacked more cuz he was blowin by Kobe.

On a side note, i think the NBA should do away with zone defense. I never liked it.

lol...before the game you were talking about how you don't need them, and now that you lose you talking about how much you miss 'em?! lmao

na on the real though, I don't see how Big Z would even help 'em out. Gasol was dominating Ben Wallace and the Lakers Zone-Trap D just stopped all of Lebron's driving lanes(like I said would happen). You can tell Lebron didn't expect to see the Lakers play the physical defense they do. This Lakers team isn't a soft team like they were last year AND they have depth. Cavs just aren't as good as the Lakers.

And Kobe is gonna be fine. He's been playing with that injured finger since last season. It didn't bother him in the playoffs and it won't bother him the rest of the season.

11th Chamber
01-20-2009, 12:45 AM

Pistons made it to the East Finals like every year 5 years or somthing.

We werent overrated, just the 3rd/4th team in the league

The team you're talking about with 0 passion is the team that went too the 05 finals against the Spurs. But than again, Larry Brown isnt the guy you need when your players get like that.

Hahahaha Rode Block is still upset that we dismantled their little "Super Team" they had going in 2004 ahahahah

Not only did u have the NBA stroking your dicks, hoping you'd win, but you had the fucking announcers following suit.

You dont kno how bad it was to have to sit thru 5 games of Bill Walton talking about how Luke is the second coming of Jesus just cause he makes like one nice lay-up, and fuckin Doc Rivers CHEERING when the Lakers were playing good

Rode Block
01-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Hahahaha Rode Block is still upset that we dismantled their little "Super Team" they had going in 2004 ahahahah

Not only did u have the NBA stroking your dicks, hoping you'd win, but you had the fucking announcers following suit.

You dont kno how bad it was to have to sit thru 5 games of Bill Walton talking about how Luke is the second coming of Jesus just cause he makes like one nice lay-up, and fuckin Doc Rivers CHEERING when the Lakers were playing good

That was probly the worse NBA finals I've ever seen. I try to forget that even happened. lol

I couldn't believe Prince shut Kobe down the way he did. I didn't think anyone can D up on Kobe the way Prince did. Kobe fucked up too for not wanting to pass to Shaq. Just an all around shitty performance for the Lakers in 2004.

I remember watching that shit on TV, before the game the "analysts" always picked who they thought would win, and during game 5 when Lakers were down 3-1 EVERY ANALYST picked the Lakers to win on the road. That was a biased series by the media.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-20-2009, 10:22 AM
lol...That's true. Can't even argue with that.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, just that it's a good possibility, if he can stay healthy.

lol...before the game you were talking about how you don't need them, and now that you lose you talking about how much you miss 'em?! lmao

na on the real though, I don't see how Big Z would even help 'em out. Gasol was dominating Ben Wallace and the Lakers Zone-Trap D just stopped all of Lebron's driving lanes(like I said would happen). You can tell Lebron didn't expect to see the Lakers play the physical defense they do. This Lakers team isn't a soft team like they were last year AND they have depth. Cavs just aren't as good as the Lakers.

And Kobe is gonna be fine. He's been playing with that injured finger since last season. It didn't bother him in the playoffs and it won't bother him the rest of the season.

Z wouldnt have mattered?? what are you talking about. We needed the big man badly in that game.

LeBron got hacked all game and they didn't call nuthin, but thats what you have to expect in LA. There going to get all the calls.

But 11th yea, that was pretty great when the super team got swept. They tried to yankee the NBA and it exploded in their face.

Rode Block
01-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Lebron took more free throws than Kobe. Lebron shot 8 free throws and Kobe only took 3. The refs weren't calling anything on BOTH ends.

Plus most of the time when Lebron tried to drive Bynum or Gasol would stand with their hands up. It was James creating most of the contact. Those aren't fouls. And the two late game steals by Ariza, you can see that Ariza got ALL ball on both of those steals. At game speed it did look like Lebron got hacked because he flailed his arms, but when they showed the replay you can see Ariza getting all ball.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Nah, dude got no calls all game. But like I said, its L.A. and the Lakers are going to get the whistles.
Its all good, we'll see them again. Ariza and vuycijvicic don't scare me

Rode Block
01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
haha...word. Re-match is gonna be good. I just checked the schedule and the re-match is gonna be Feb. 8 about three weeks away.

Wait till Ariza and Vujacic start hitting threes and locking everyone down...then you'll fear 'em.