PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Vs. Order

Shogah
01-18-2009, 06:17 PM
What is your frame of thinking?

See, Einstein, believed in miracles, and he was convinced that universe is controled by forces that are in harmony and order. He also believed in God.

Niels Bor is the father of quantum mechanics and he believed that everything is just a coinsidence and probability. Ne didnt believe in God.

The philosophy of these two scientists was heavily involved in their researhes, and always confronted during their lifetime, cause they were contemporarys.

So

Do you believe that some order rules the world, that things happening are not all coinsidences, and you believe in some kind of miracles and some divinity.
You most likely believe in god and at least have your personal perseption of God.
You are not always led by reason, sometimes by your emotions and beliefs.

Or you dont give any significance to some events, and you think that there is no miracles and you are always led by reason, and rational thought. Believe that faith delusions people and leads to bloodsheds and wars. You' are rational and fim on the ground
There is no certain patterns in life, and you actualy are not even bothered to think about that.

We can name these two groups, by these two briliant scientists.

Its not that everything should aply to to you, but i dont think that you could be in the midle with this one.
So in which group do you fit in?

Koolish
01-19-2009, 12:38 PM
from moving through life, some things that have happened looked a lot like fate.

but i can't decide, this issue has been debated for centuries right, we're not ever going to come to an answer i say.

right now i believe everything was probability, but it's not irrational to think that it's not.

dezmond
01-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Depends how deep you look into things...

Something as taken for granted as conception could be seen as amiracle...

Winning the lottery could be seen as a miracle..

Einstein being taken seriously could be seen as a miracle...

etc

I dunno....

snapple
01-19-2009, 06:16 PM
i definitly fall into the first group.

"You are not always led by reason, sometimes by your emotions and beliefs."

absolutly %100. as much as i'd like to say every action and decision i make is with pure logic and reason i can't. i'm not a robot...i'm a human being. and in my past i have gone against my personal beleifes and values. i've made mistakes. emotions and reasoning use to not mix with me. i am much better at dealing with emotions now and applying reasoning.

divine intervention...faith..miracles....all of that stuff i have beleived in more and more as time has gone on.

faith does not delusion people. people delusion people. and people will use faith and ignorance to delusion the weak-minded and hearted.