PDA

View Full Version : FFXIII Not Arriving Outside of Japan until 2010

Paranoid
01-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Square Enix's highly anticipated JRPG won't be released outside of island nation until sometime after April 2010 on PS3 and Xbox 360.

At this year's Tokyo Game Show, Square Enix debuted a new trailer for Final Fantasy XIII, its highly anticipated role-playing game slated to arrive for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Aside from the eye candy, Square Enix's trailer also offered the tantalizing promise of a 2009 launch date.

Unfortunately, that promise of a 2009 release apparently applies only to Japan, given that the game isn't going to make it to the US or Europe until the second quarter of 2010 at the very earliest. The news emerged as Square Enix, the game's developer, delivered projections for the remainder of its current fiscal year, which ends March 31.

Square Enix president Yoichi Wada told Reuters that the game was on track for a 2009 PS3-exclusive launch in Japan, with international launches for the Xbox 360 and PS3 coming "in the business year from April 2010 or later."

Final Fantasy has been one of the most successful franchises ever to hit the console market. Since its first incarnation on the NES, the series has sold upward of 85 million units worldwide, with numerous spin-offs and even a feature-length movie adding to its success.

Despite the delay in the launch of Final Fantasy, Square Enix has remained optimistic about its financial outlook for 2009 with a small dip in operating profit of 2.4 percent to 21 billion yen ($236 million) forecast for the year. The company also reported healthy sales for the tail end of 2008 and said "demand has been generally brisk," with key titles such as Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest IV and Final Fantasy VII prequel Crisis Core all hitting shelves throughout the year.

shaolinsword
01-18-2009, 09:17 PM
I think it's funny how they're blaming the delay on the 360

Tecknowledgist
01-18-2009, 10:12 PM
this is gonna piss a lot of people off. i'm glad i'm not anticipating this game heavily

hectis
01-19-2009, 12:51 AM
bullshit

Ritter
01-19-2009, 07:59 AM
I don't understand why people play JRPG's when there are games like Baldurs Gate, Planescape: Torment, Diablo, Titan Quest, The Witcher, Morrowind, Oblivion, Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights etc. And most JRPG fans haven't played at least 50% of these games.

shaolinsword
01-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Because jrpgs are better and more taxing, there is a few decent wrpgs though

Mr. X
01-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Dungeon crawlers aren't rpgs

RagnaroK
01-19-2009, 08:49 AM
better graphics great stories character design better music good battle system gameplay everything is better on JRPG

i have seen Oblivion is a very long game with many things to do but the graphics are too simplistic and battle system sucks it just not my kind of game

Tage
01-19-2009, 10:09 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.... your fucking joking right?

RagnaroK
01-19-2009, 10:58 AM
no i just don't like games like oblivion or Old Republic i did played them so no im not fucking joking
STILL JRPG is way better

Tage
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
i was talkin to slick.... 2010?????? thats not right

RagnaroK
01-19-2009, 11:07 AM

all thanks to some guy name WADA who thought a multiplatform release would be the best idea($$$)

Tage
01-19-2009, 11:09 AM
they should be shot, no questions.

RagnaroK
01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
since XIII is the main tittle this affects Versus too they want Versus to drop after XIII

I only wish they cut out the bullshit and at least drop Versus first since is PS3 only
but no we get nothing not even Last Remnants which i want to play so bad(PS3 of course)

shaolinsword
01-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Last Remnant is still coming out for the PS3 just no release date at the moment

Koolish
01-19-2009, 12:42 PM
this is gonna piss a lot of people off. i'm glad i'm not anticipating this game heavily
yeah same here, personally i'm just glad there's a release date i know of.

Dokuro
01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
its only a projected date all they have to do is cast, translate,recorde, and edit

Paranoid
01-19-2009, 03:35 PM
I don't understand why people play JRPG's when there are games like Baldurs Gate, Planescape: Torment, Diablo, Titan Quest, The Witcher, Morrowind, Oblivion, Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights etc. And most JRPG fans haven't played at least 50% of these games.

I've played all of those and the FF series takes a colossal shit on every single one of them

You don't what you're talking about noob

Paranoid
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM

See it for yourself

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6203284.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

Ritter
01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
I've played all of those and the FF series takes a colossal shit on every single one of them

You don't what you're talking about noob

You forgot "know" between "don't" and "what". And I think no JRPG can compare with Planescape: Torment when it comes to the story. No game cane compare to Planescape: Torment when it comes to the story, so I guess, your talk is empty.

Paranoid
01-19-2009, 05:07 PM
You forgot "know" between "don't" and "what". And I think no JRPG can compare with Planescape: Torment when it comes to the story. No game cane compare to Planescape: Torment when it comes to the story, so I guess, your talk is empty.

You don't know what you're talking about noob

Have you played a single Final Fantasy? If so which ones?

Paranoid
01-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Theres several more elements other then just story that make an RPG

FFVII is the greatest story in gaming history too, thats fact

You just supply us with your shitty opinions

Gtfo

Dokuro
01-19-2009, 08:00 PM
my aprentice slick trike again get this dum motherfucker

oh yah ps FF6 is the best story FF10-2 is beast game play and ff7 most memerable

this comes from a guy who owns every squere game

go pick up the world end with you that shit addictive

Paranoid
01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
my aprentice slick trike again get this dum motherfucker

oh yah ps FF6 is the best story FF10-2 is beast game play and ff7 most memerable

this comes from a guy who owns every squere game

go pick up the world end with you that shit addictive

ya ive been meaning to get The World Ends With You

Ritter
01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
I never played FF, and don't intend to. JRPGs are something that is overhyped.

But I'll never hate on someone for liking it.

Paranoid
01-20-2009, 01:47 AM

If you've never even played an FF game, then how could you even begin to compare them to ANYTHING? How can you say something is over hyped if you've never experienced it? How can you judge something you know nothing about? Why did you enter this thread?

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Epic Fail, kthxbai

Paranoid
01-20-2009, 02:09 AM
http://zloichuj.eu//blog/noob_yoda.jpg

shaolinsword
01-20-2009, 07:15 AM

you should give one of the early ff games a go. They're good games

Ritter
01-20-2009, 08:45 AM
you should give one of the early ff games a go. They're good games

One thing I'm not doing is arguing with idiots like Slick.

But I'll watch some trailers and reviews, and maybe I'll check it out.

SHRAP
01-20-2009, 09:19 AM

almost all of those are only on computer, playin games on computer is fuckin stupid cuz they keep makin mothafuckas spend shitloads of money on hardware every time they put 1 new game out

also, every final fantasy game after final fantasy 6 (final fantasy 3 on super nintendo) sucks ass. same old boring shit over and over again. who the fuck wants to spend months of their life starin at homo looking attempts to create photorealistic anime characters with some sappy ass plot no one gives a shit about

RagnaroK
01-20-2009, 09:43 AM
to say FF games are the same shit over and over again is stupid as fuck
they always change the battle system they always change the worlds they do very few sequels they do top notch graphics pushing each console to its limits no story is the same, so your point is not valid

FF series is good why do you think there are more then 13 games

@ Shizzah if you ever want to try a FF game i suggest one of this tittle
FFVII FFVIII FFX FFXII or FFTactics (i can't mention FFXI cuz i never got play it since is online only plus this game looks more like the type of RPG you mention before)
(Stay away from FFX-2)
each are good on their own respected way
if you don't want to waste money you can always use a ePSXe emulator and download the game

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13/

Mr. X
01-20-2009, 01:46 PM
No one should have to go through the awful battle system of FF8. Draw was the worst idea ever.

I only played the PS FF games and I definitely enjoyed FF9 more than FF7 but FF7 still had a battle system. Materia system made it so you can just equip whatever you wanted to anyone.

Legend of Dragoon, Xenogears, and Suikoden 2 are other good PS1 rpgs. You have a comp, download and play them.

Tage
01-20-2009, 02:22 PM

you missed out when it was the "in thing". comparing it with todays rpgs wont do it justice. final fantasy 7 set the bench mark. <acknowledge that.

Paranoid
01-20-2009, 03:30 PM
almost all of those are only on computer, playin games on computer is fuckin stupid cuz they keep makin mothafuckas spend shitloads of money on hardware every time they put 1 new game out

also, every final fantasy game after final fantasy 6 (final fantasy 3 on super nintendo) sucks ass. same old boring shit over and over again. who the fuck wants to spend months of their life starin at homo looking attempts to create photorealistic anime characters with some sappy ass plot no one gives a shit about

dude ur soft as a pillow stfu noob cake

Paranoid
01-20-2009, 03:32 PM

ur the idiot prejudging something you know nothing about fag cake

Paranoid
01-20-2009, 03:59 PM
SHRAP is clearly a super noob if he didn't even bother to mention up to atleast FFVII which is undeniably the illest game in existence, you can't fuck with that game

im guessing you didn't even play it NOOB

You can't fuck with Barret Wallace

http://www.freewebs.com/ff7_lovva/ff7-barret.jpg

He has a gun for an arm

Paranoid
01-20-2009, 04:12 PM
And i guess i'll just go ahead and introduce the entire cast

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/FFVIInomuracastdesigns.JPG

Mr. X
01-20-2009, 04:23 PM
FF7 in a nutshell

v0TOV-qaINg

SHRAP
01-20-2009, 09:21 PM
SHRAP is clearly a super noob if he didn't even bother to mention up to atleast FFVII which is undeniably the illest game in existence, you can't fuck with that game

im guessing you didn't even play it NOOB

You can't fuck with Barret Wallace

http://www.freewebs.com/ff7_lovva/ff7-barret.jpg

He has a gun for an arm

it must be great if it has u making 4 posts in a row about it and saying its the greatest game ever because theres a guy with a gun for an arm in it :lmao: fuck outta here lil kid, game was the start of the series downward spiral into complete faggotassness

Ritter
01-20-2009, 10:44 PM
LOL @ 4 posts in a row. Saying it's the greatest game ever is clearly overhype. That's like a kid seeing a Dr House episode, and suddenly he has a limp in his right leg.

Fucking gaming hypochondria, you don't know the A or the Z of gaming.

Dokuro
01-20-2009, 11:51 PM
No one should have to go through the awful battle system of FF8. Draw was the worst idea ever.

I only played the PS FF games and I definitely enjoyed FF9 more than FF7 but FF7 still had a battle system. Materia system made it so you can just equip whatever you wanted to anyone.

Legend of Dragoon, Xenogears, and Suikoden 2 are other good PS1 rpgs. You have a comp, download and play them.

strogent in FF history
http://www.methart.com/art/imagedump/squall.jpg

and all of you will see wants dissidia come out
http://gaygamer.net/images/dissidia.jpg
love ff 8 its my secound favert love thee draw sistym got 100 of all speel be for the 2 disc mad my self a god right off the bat

shaolinsword
01-21-2009, 05:02 AM

I'm not tryin to argue with ya either. I'm just saying you should check out one the earlier FFs (V is my favourite) especially because you can just download an emu and rom. If you don't like it you can just delete it

SHRAP
01-21-2009, 07:10 AM
strogent in FF history
http://www.methart.com/art/imagedump/squall.jpg

and all of you will see wants dissidia come out
http://gaygamer.net/images/dissidia.jpg
love ff 8 its my secound favert love thee draw sistym got 100 of all speel be for the 2 disc mad my self a god right off the bat

what the fuck dude, try postin that again, noone understands your gibberish

stashlova
01-21-2009, 09:11 AM
He said Squall is the strongest in FF history and you will see that once the game Dissidia comes out

Also

wants = once
mad = made
favert=favorite
secound=second
sistym=system

lmao

SHRAP
01-21-2009, 09:24 AM
He said Squall is the strongest in FF history and you will see that once the game Dissidia comes out

Also

wants = once
mad = made
favert=favorite
secound=second
sistym=system

lmao

thanks u from translating danes post from retard to english

Ritter
01-21-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm not tryin to argue with ya either. I'm just saying you should check out one the earlier FFs (V is my favourite) especially because you can just download an emu and rom. If you don't like it you can just delete it

Thanks. I'll check it out when I get some free time.

Paranoid
01-21-2009, 02:14 PM
cant fuck with 4 post chain comboz

play the game fags, then talk shit

SHRAP
01-21-2009, 04:34 PM
^^ this queer wants the dude with the gun arm 2 fist him in the asspussy

Mr. X
01-21-2009, 10:57 PM
thank you for putting such a gay ass image into words

Paranoid
01-22-2009, 12:31 AM

i fist your mom in the asspussy, regularly

WARPATH
01-22-2009, 10:49 AM
some of you are really upset.

ha ha

Dokuro
01-22-2009, 12:53 PM
shrap please shut up

Dokuro
01-28-2009, 10:04 PM
you all should just be happy thats its still coming to us un like

Final Fantasy IV the After: Tsuki no Kikan

Front mission 5 the scars of war

serisly squere how im i soposed to get all the games now FF IV-2 would be a great ds game