PDA

View Full Version : The Official: Mike Patton appreciation thread

NIGHT MAYOR
01-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Mike Patton, easily one of the most talented singers of our time - and interesting, he has fronted alot of bands including :

*Faith no more
*Mr Bungle
*Tommahawk
*Fantomas
*Peeping tom

& plenty more + he has done voice acting for video games - he has attempted basicly every vocal ability and his attempts have made people stand back and wonder "is this man human ?" from deathmetal to melodic harmonious songs he has it locked, no doubt. i have heard he can hit octives higher than Mirriah Carey and i dont doubt it. His personality is'nt very subtle and he does project his deprived gothic thoughts onto his audience without hesitation - but cult followers are always there, from the bungle days, too his current happenings with tommahawk and peeping tom.

I had the great fortune of seeing him tour with tommahawk a few years back and it was disturbing to say the least, near the end of the show whilst playing with his homemade musical instruments, gas mask & speaker phone he pulled what seemed to be a real penis from his pants (an artificial one designed for urine tests) and proceeded to 'piss' on the crowd, sending me running for the back of the crowd. but this is the shit he is known for.

A joker in the musical world but also a very respected vocalist. whats your favourite Patton band ? i'd say - faith no more.

hope he gets back into the game soon, i miss him :=)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Patton

Faith no more - Evidence
PFYU0m3617E

Faith no more - Stripsearch
9-b3j0Q_DTk

MR Bungle - Quote Unqoute
0G2v5dOQJuI

Tommahawk - God hates a coward
LxNDKsyvMOI

Tommahawk - Rape this day
JMjIhEQ6L08

Peeping tom - Mojo
9pcvBFFflE

Sepultura ft. Mike Patton - procura o cara
agJaICDUCB8

Mike distracted in interview by australian band 'wolfmother' (for the record i totaly agree with him hahahaha)
THV23g3z5qU

oDoUoSoKo
01-19-2009, 12:08 PM
dont like him.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-19-2009, 03:53 PM
......what is this - gen chat ? thanks dusk :thumbup:

Olive Oil Goombah
01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
i saw peeping tom in concert about a year ago. They weren't bad. My cousin is a big fan of theirs, that was the first time i heard them.

butterscotch was pretty cool too

NIGHT MAYOR
01-20-2009, 01:20 AM
you never got into faith no more nicky ? how old is you - if you dont mind me askin.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-20-2009, 01:24 AM
27......I tend to stick to a few bands and thats it. I branch out here and there, and I've heard of them and probably heard their songs, but I just didnt realize it.
I dont really buy nor collect alot of music.

For some reason, I just can't sit and listen to new music unless it totally grabs me. Its weird.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-20-2009, 02:16 AM
yeah your around the same age as me, i got into faith no more when i saw the epic film clip, they are a band i chill too. i put them in the same listening state as 'TOOL' and other stonner rock like 'DOWN'

here is the first expierence i had with mike patton (1989):
nsETamxkT9E
everyone knows this song.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-20-2009, 02:19 AM
and this one:
CH7J3G7Qtt0
best cover, love the clip too. i sing it to all the girls i pick up.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-20-2009, 02:24 AM
7qTUBBQfL5M
another great cover, i think this is a Bee-Gee's siong, who evidently started their career in my capital city, Brisbane

Olive Oil Goombah
01-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Yea..see i've heard faith no more. I knew i did.

oDoUoSoKo
01-20-2009, 10:20 PM
......what is this - gen chat ? thanks dusk :thumbup:
no this is my forum...eloels. and i was being serious, i dont like him.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-21-2009, 03:09 AM
well if i had a medel i would give it too you, possative energy - nah-mean ?

Longbongcilvaringz
01-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Like Faith No More.

Don't mind Tommahawk, because their intense.

Don't like Peeping Tom at all.

Never heard any Uncle Bungle.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-22-2009, 02:47 AM
Like Faith No More.

Don't mind Tommahawk, because their intense.

Don't like Peeping Tom at all.

Never heard any Uncle Bungle.

Bungle is grand dude, you prolly would'nt like the original self titled album (which the song i posted is from) discovolanate would be more your style, bit triped out, you'd have to be in an aphex twin mood, nah mean ?

Longbongcilvaringz
01-22-2009, 07:53 AM
I'll have a look at it.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-23-2009, 01:00 AM
i think alot of music from discovolanate was used it the movie '12 monkeys'

here is so more NO MORE FAITH
GK4A0RGOV6U
ol1BsHEOTAk

NIGHT MAYOR
01-26-2009, 04:34 AM
here is a quick look at Mike
A691vGbnfM0

NIGHT MAYOR
01-26-2009, 04:38 AM
8291t_3COzo

simply beautiful :Y

irish ins
02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
best vocal range ever, the guy is a legend shame not enough people know about the legend of Patton