PDA

View Full Version : Capcom say a Capcom VS SNK 3 could happen only if the fans want it

KZA
01-19-2009, 12:32 PM
In an interview with Jeux-Actu, Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono commented on the possibility of Capcom reconsidering the development of Capcom vs. SNK 3. In the interview Yoshinori Ono recalls Capcoms firm focus of unwavering fans of fighting games.

He even goes back far enough recalling being asked about Capcom considering the development of Street Fight IV. With that, he goes into there being a demand for Street Fight IV saying, “because fans demanded it they got it,” or something along that road. And he says that the same may go for Capcom vs. SNK 3, that if fans demand it."

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2009/01/17/capcom-vs-snk-3-is-very-not-impossible/

Capcom hinted on a new Darkstalkers game before
Capcom hinted on a Capcom VS SNK 3 (look above)
Capcom hinted on a Street Fighter V
Marvel VS Capcom 2 XBLA/PSN ESRB listing was leaked
Marvel hinted on a Marvel VS Capcom 3
Capcom are saying that want to release more XBLA/PSN games
Capcom are looking into GGPO network (which is popular for fighting games)
SSF2HDR is the best selling XBLA/PSN game
Their is more demand for fighting sticks than MadCatz had thought
Comepetition from SNK with KOFXII, just like the old days, and Capcom are saying its all good

could this be the return of fighting games? and does anyone use ggpo?

oDoUoSoKo
01-19-2009, 01:01 PM
i think it is, im glad to be living during it.

but honestly...do they think fans want V.s SNK3 more than MVC3?

vs snk is pretty good but...this is a no brainer imo.

shaolinsword
01-19-2009, 01:46 PM
I just downloaded ggpo. Can I get the roms from the normal rom sites?

KZA
01-19-2009, 02:25 PM
yea you just put the zip files in the ggpo/roms folder

Mr. X
01-19-2009, 10:48 PM
I downloaded ggpo but couldn't get the thing to run games. 2df is less hassle and uses the same netcode.

Mr. X
01-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I have asked across many boards that very question, if this is the return of the fighting genre. The younger ones have said yes but the older ones say that fighting games won't go back to height they were back in the mid 90s. I myself think that the fighting game genre is trying to make a comeback but won't reach that same fame simply because fighting games require so much more time to put into by the player and gamers nowadays don't want that, they want games you can put in and play and be good at in a couple of hours. Fighters require you to put in days and weeks of practice to just learn the basics. Fighters are so much more rewarding because of this and the competitive aspect of fighters is so much greater than other multiplayer games.

SEGA please fucking announce a console port of VF5R. I NEED THAT SHIT!

KZA
01-20-2009, 12:29 AM
I downloaded ggpo but couldn't get the thing to run games. 2df is less hassle and uses the same netcode.

did you put the zipped roms in the ggpo/roms folder?

did you set the udp ports? install adobe air?

Mr. X
01-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I dont remember... It was over the summer when I tried. I think I stopped when I had seen the ports to be open. Hate opening a bunch of ports.

Update: Yay! I got it working! Me > Routers |)

BRONZBODY
01-21-2009, 02:43 PM
SEGA please fucking announce a console port of VF5R. I NEED THAT SHIT!word the fuck up son...or at least release an online patch for the ps3 version of vf5..

imo i have always like the capcom vs snk series better than mvc...i found the over the top stuff to be a bit too easy to do..ive seen cats just press buttons and pull off 150 hit combos and shit..with cvs u actually needed to know how to play the game.

KZA
01-21-2009, 03:34 PM
word the fuck up son...or at least release an online patch for the ps3 version of vf5..

imo i have always like the capcom vs snk series better than mvc...i found the over the top stuff to be a bit too easy to do..ive seen cats just press buttons and pull off 150 hit combos and shit..with cvs u actually needed to know how to play the game.

MvC2 can be considered broken... its basically a race to perform your infinite.

EdNVVDB8n4s

oDoUoSoKo
01-21-2009, 10:41 PM
ya but its funner...eloels. However, first time i playes CvS2 on PS2, i scrubbed my friend who was a long time player, without losing my first character.