PDA

View Full Version : Native Americans in games

WARPATH
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM
yo- post a character that you know of in a game that supposed to be a native american i can only think of a few

Nintendo NES- this game called Womp'em I think soaring eagle's his name
-and Rambo- on the bio in the title screen it claims Rambo is half native
Street Fighter 2- T.Hawk

that's all i can think off

Luther Large
09-07-2005, 12:47 PM
turok maybe??????????

WARPATH
09-07-2005, 02:38 PM
yeah turok-yeah i can't believe I forgot him that mother fuckers dope

Wu-Tality
09-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Inca, dont ask me about it, real old pc game.

SurreaL
09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Rambo was dope for the NES.

ARCHRIVAL
09-07-2005, 06:35 PM
i would love an indian tracker-type game

WARPATH
09-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Rambo was dope for the NES.
dam surreal i thought that shit was before your time-

yeah rambo was a dope game- and if you made it to the end you could turn the guy in that hanger into a frog- that ending was on some wierd acid dropping type mentality

WARPATH
09-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Turok 2 for the N64 was dope- when you get that boomarang saw and just wreck shit with it.

Skellington
09-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Nightwolf - Mortal Kombat :)

SurreaL
09-08-2005, 01:13 PM
dam surreal i thought that shit was before your time-

yeah rambo was a dope game- and if you made it to the end you could turn the guy in that hanger into a frog- that ending was on some wierd acid dropping type mentality

I got that game like 12 year's ago, with master blaster, Rambo was my favorite game growing up, hooked it up with the game genie and the shit was crazy.

WARPATH
09-08-2005, 05:34 PM
night wolf- yeah he's supposed to be a native- but the character model for the game looks like a chinese dude with a wig and face paint on- kinda like the the down town thanksgiving parades in the cities

WARPATH
09-08-2005, 05:36 PM
I got that game like 12 year's ago, with master blaster, Rambo was my favorite game growing up, hooked it up with the game genie and the shit was crazy.
Master Blaster- that was some of my favorite shit to back in the day, jump out the G' ride in m.b. and wreck shit. But i'm old school I could flip Rambo without the game genie-

Sicka than aidZ
09-08-2005, 06:10 PM
wutang clan ...they part cherokee.

WARPATH
09-08-2005, 08:39 PM
^^ha ha fuck that the wu ain't no cherokees- why do folks who aren't native claim to be part cherokee?

that's fucked up- I've heard it a million times in school when the teacher says
"ok kids we got a new student his name is Charging Soldier- he's a native american" and then a little white kid raises his had and says
"teacher i'm native american too, my great grandmother was a cherokee princess"

Sicka than aidZ
09-10-2005, 10:30 PM
bone collecter be on that im 1/64th cherokee shit so dont tell me what its like to be native.

that dudes always starting shit an then trying to put motherfuckers with replies down

bushido
09-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Nightwolf - Mortal Kombat :)
i can tthink of any but this is the best one so far, mortal kombat is always right

Ink Is My Drink
09-11-2005, 11:21 AM
haha thats so random

chiba
09-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Inca, dont ask me about it, real old pc game.

inst that the guy from final fight
hes like a wrestler or something
and he wears like an eagle mask??

Wu-Tality
09-14-2005, 11:28 AM
haha nooo, its some kind of puzzle game

chiba
09-14-2005, 10:45 PM
ahhh ok
but i think there was a guy like that in final fight

hes called inca i think
does mayan, inca, samoan, ainu, australian & brazilian indians count ??
i consider them indian either way

peace

MartyMar
09-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Thunder from Killer Instinct 1

MartyMar
09-15-2005, 12:50 PM
to the comment about "cherokees." well there was a lot of intermixing but more importantly i think people who had even distant relatives who were cherokee took a lot of pride in it and this is why the idea of blood quantum is tricky. another important point to keep in mind is that black/indians are called into question about their mixed race more than white/indians because of their predominant racialization. this is discussed in Native Americas from a couple years back. i don't really care unless an individual indulges in some hokey-ass shit then i'm like, well it was about whether or not he could prove it and he proved himself....weird, i guess, since i was taught they're not "right" or "wrong" wasn't that funny tho? they prove themselves.......weird.

Bloo
09-21-2005, 06:58 PM
T. Hawk was actually mexican

WARPATH
09-26-2005, 04:55 PM
T. Hawk was actually mexican
T. Hawk was a native american from mexico-

tajeco
09-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Sunset Riders on Sega Genesis. The 2nd level you kill a whole bunch of them. They shoot arrows and have feathers in their hair and everything. It's basic, but a damn good game.

Bloo
09-27-2005, 03:01 AM
HEHEHEHE

I don't think that's what he meant about Native Americans in video games but it's all good i guess :)

Bloo
09-27-2005, 03:03 AM
AHH

Now that I thin kabout it there was this old NES game called Werewolf where you played a Native American who could change into a werewolf, but it was cool cause instead of claws his two hands were just blades.

Can't believe I didn't think of that game as much as I used to play it growing up

WARPATH
09-27-2005, 10:29 AM
I didn't know that guy in werewolf was suppose to be a native american-
he looked white to me

there's that guy in that rockstar game that came out not to long ago- he was half native- I forgot his name but the game is called Red Dead Revolver

Bone Collecta
09-28-2005, 04:14 AM
bone collecter be on that im 1/64th cherokee shit so dont tell me what its like to be native.

that dudes always starting shit an then trying to put motherfuckers with replies down
bitch im 1/4 and i can prove it. that is enough to get money for college so ill slap you with a tomahawk ya faggot

Os3y3ris
09-28-2005, 04:41 AM
Julia and Michelle from Tekken.

MantiZ
09-28-2005, 07:45 AM
Pocahontas

LOL
:D

Taskmaster
09-28-2005, 09:15 AM
when i finally goto school one of my goals is to make a serious native american mmorpg/fps

Taskmaster
09-29-2005, 01:10 AM
nah mines gonna be different zones/ tribal war/ wild west shit is gonna be offical siege war massive scale warfare dont wanna give away too much ;p

WARPATH
09-29-2005, 11:51 AM
nah mines gonna be different zones/ tribal war/ wild west shit is gonna be offical siege war massive scale warfare dont wanna give away too much ;psounds dope- don't try and base it off history in way that will offend folks-

instead base it off shit that happened but change the stories told-

for example-

if your gonna have the battle of little big horn- tell the story of the battle of little big horn but without it being the battle of little big horn-

I don't know your heritage- but you'll need to have a native american's perspective on certain aspects if you really want to make your game authentic- meaning there'll be ceratin things you learn in books about natives that have shit twisted and if you apply that twisted point of view to your game you'll offend peeps too.

I had a similar Idea about making a game like that too, but my Idea was more of an RPG, good luck- i'll give you some input too if you need it- peace