PDA

View Full Version : Why I think the Ziegiest view of religion is retarded

TSA
01-21-2009, 01:27 PM
primarly the christian one because that's the main target of getting EXPOSED.

Say that there are links to babylonian religions, direct copies and borrows from egyptian ones and pagan overtones all over christianity.

what makes them wrong? If the concept of Jesus' divinity is based on that of Apollo and all the religions essential point to the existance of a religious ultimate then is it odd that they would have overwhelming similarities or one will build off another?

If they're all heading to the same building is it ironic they will see each other on the way there or use the same road with different lanes? I believe this is more proof to the truth of these beliefs then disproofs because if lets say 10 scientist believe glass is made from sand, isn't their argeement and possible similarity of theories proof to it's truth as opposed to it's falseness?

sure there's the sense of not worshipping what you think your worshipping but if you believe the existance of a religious ultimate and your taking road B to it, and find out some vandal changed all the road signs on road B to say WIlliam Street you might get mad at the deception but wouldn't following William Street still take you down the same path to the same place as Street B?

This is also why i think it's natural to have several religions as opposed to picking a side and sticking with it (unless in times of war as colbert points out with the epic "we're at war, pick a side" philosophy). Though im not saying anyone should do anything, just observations.

Koolish
01-21-2009, 06:18 PM
every religion, when it travels, picks up concepts from other religions.

spiggity_ace
01-21-2009, 07:03 PM
ya, they say that the bible has buddhist quotes and hindu quotes, this mite be evidence that jesus travelled to India which is disputed, and theirs a minor theory that he went to Egypt, i mean like 20 yrs of his life are unaccounted for, how are we to believe he was a carpenter for all those years? doesnt really make sense to me the travel to india is a more plausible explanation, an old traveller from morocco was told that he was the greatest traveller ever, but on his deathbed he said that it was prophet Issah who was the greatest traveller, and Issah in many eastern cultures is another name for Jesus, Issah was also referenced by the buddhist monks in the himalayas.

Mumm Ra
01-21-2009, 09:03 PM
do you actually know anything about the true Egyptian religion? Trust me, the makers of Zietgiest didn't know either, as very few do (including "Egyptologists") In THAT sense I guess you could make a case against the makers of the movie, but that doesn't change whats real.
It's like what Bruce Lee said, "it's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Focus on the finger and you'll miss all that heavenly glory." Christianity is stuck focusing on that finger - and not even acknowledging what it's pointing to at the same time. The roads aren't heading to the same building.
When you take a HOLISTIC method, and interpret it from a left-brained, segregative mindset, you are going to get something totally different, even if it's taken from the same substance.

ALCATRAZ
01-21-2009, 09:27 PM
damnit what do i gotta do to use my left brain n shit a nigga dont got enuff monies for expensive ass metu neter.....i would rack that shit but only place i found that sells it is a local store on fillmore and that place is black owned i aint stealin from my own peeps ya dig

diggy
01-21-2009, 10:37 PM
primarly the christian one because that's the main target of getting EXPOSED.

Say that there are links to babylonian religions, direct copies and borrows from egyptian ones and pagan overtones all over christianity.

what makes them wrong? If the concept of Jesus' divinity is based on that of Apollo and all the religions essential point to the existance of a religious ultimate then is it odd that they would have overwhelming similarities or one will build off another?

If they're all heading to the same building is it ironic they will see each other on the way there or use the same road with different lanes? I believe this is more proof to the truth of these beliefs then disproofs because if lets say 10 scientist believe glass is made from sand, isn't their argeement and possible similarity of theories proof to it's truth as opposed to it's falseness?

sure there's the sense of not worshipping what you think your worshipping but if you believe the existance of a religious ultimate and your taking road B to it, and find out some vandal changed all the road signs on road B to say WIlliam Street you might get mad at the deception but wouldn't following William Street still take you down the same path to the same place as Street B?

This is also why i think it's natural to have several religions as opposed to picking a side and sticking with it (unless in times of war as colbert points out with the epic "we're at war, pick a side" philosophy). Though im not saying anyone should do anything, just observations.

I agree with everything you've said.

Mumm Ra
01-22-2009, 08:46 AM
damnit what do i gotta do to use my left brain n shit a nigga dont got enuff monies for expensive ass metu neter.....i would rack that shit but only place i found that sells it is a local store on fillmore and that place is black owned i aint stealin from my own peeps ya dig
you gotta think lol
metu neter is only like $20 on Taui website
it's worth it man, best science book I ever read
just don't buy soda or weed or cigarettes or whatever for a week if u need $20 lol
I've read volumes 1 and 2 over a dozen times each (~400pages), well I stopped keeping track after a dozen anyway
peace