PDA

View Full Version : Left brain V. Right brain.

TSA
01-22-2009, 02:48 AM
iZMJeQ4yPPk

i guess im right, i really dont see how it would go left

11th Chamber
01-22-2009, 03:00 AM
She's going clockwise.

diggy
01-22-2009, 03:26 AM
Interesting.

It depends on where u look at her.

At first, left, then she was turning right, now I can see her turn half way right then left.

Try looking only at the extended leg only. Then try looking at the other leg.

Dusty Bones
01-22-2009, 03:26 AM
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq214/enigmah777/spinwoman.gif

i see both

Guarded By Martyrs
01-22-2009, 03:32 AM
It is interesting. I see her turn left straight away.
So to answer the first question I'd say she is twirling left/counterclockwise

But if you look at it from the woman's perspective, or 1st person
She is turning to her right/clockwise.

Also the more you look at it, the more you might start to see it twirl in both directions.
And those that see both it boils down to what kind of thinker you are...
It's like Jekyll and Hyde.
And I'd say I'm more Jekyll than Hyde, meaning left brain.

TSA
01-22-2009, 04:04 AM
i think i know why creative ppl have problems with math. They're (in math classes) no given the whole

they're just given numbers or parts without a translation as to what the numbers really mean.

I have this problem alot and can't ask questions in math classes cause they would be odd. Sometimes i say fuck it and ask "why would i do ___" or "what if i just ___" but i come to find that even the nature of how math is taught, giving you piece by piece makes it a problem.

idk if that makes perfect sense, but my best example is when im doing tests, it'll take me forever to finish but i'll get a good score and all the problems will usually be done with a formula that wasn't taught. As so as i realize what the equations mean, are trying to say, or stand for (cause numbers are just symbols) I can then solve it but it requires me finding that out first

otherwise im fucked cause my attention span and memory is ass on a brick.

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-22-2009, 04:33 AM
went to the left when I first looked at it but I can get it going both ways...

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-22-2009, 05:57 AM
i can get it to go anti clockwise for a lil bit but it always flips back to clockwise

thats fucked up though lol

it makes you wonder what someone powerful could do on a huge scale with these optical illusions

Mumm Ra
01-22-2009, 07:34 AM
it went clockwise for me, then I can switch it around. I saw that years ago though but it always starts off clockwise.
Nifty test, obviously not wholly conclusive on how you think....

i think i know why creative ppl have problems with math. They're (in math classes) no given the whole

they're just given numbers or parts without a translation as to what the numbers really mean.

I have this problem alot and can't ask questions in math classes cause they would be odd. Sometimes i say fuck it and ask "why would i do ___" or "what if i just ___" but i come to find that even the nature of how math is taught, giving you piece by piece makes it a problem.

idk if that makes perfect sense, but my best example is when im doing tests, it'll take me forever to finish but i'll get a good score and all the problems will usually be done with a formula that wasn't taught. As so as i realize what the equations mean, are trying to say, or stand for (cause numbers are just symbols) I can then solve it but it requires me finding that out first

that's why schooling is so fucked up, they teach as if everybody learns the same way. Pretty much training you to be left-brained from day one till adulthood.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-22-2009, 07:35 AM
.... what could they do?

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-22-2009, 07:37 AM
i dont know but its all on the same principle, just on a bigger scale.

Im not saying 9/11 was an optical illusion but dont tell me the top people in governemt havent looked at the power of optical illusions

Mumm Ra
01-22-2009, 08:01 AM
the topic of left/right brain is so crucially important IMO.
To life in general I mean.
It's such a shame that even the definitions of it isn't so much as taught in schools. It's so fundamental.

To understand it fully, as well as which races are more genetically prone to which side (which has been documented by western science), is to understand all history and all religion.

ALCATRAZ
01-22-2009, 12:37 PM
according to tha video i use my left brain *scratches head

samtheseed
01-22-2009, 01:15 PM

Great points! I love learning, but math used to bust my ass throughout schooling. No homo. Rap never raped me in school.

PS When I was getting into metaphysics and mysticism, your left brain is in charge of logic and your right brain handles intuition, like the video says. So its crucial to not favor one over the other. I would try to "work out" with one side every other week and you notice a difference big time. Its exciting! When I was a kid, my father practiced at it with writing and became ambidexturous.

Civilison
01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
both.

all u gotta do to get it going counterclockwise is look at the shadow for a second. its trippy how it really goes both ways but you can see one or the other or both depending on your perception. yo also as i thought of a sequential math equation it turned counterclockwise when i thought of some deep universal shit it stared going the other way. mwahaha sum shit... PZ