PDA

View Full Version : The Rza Presents - Afro Samurai Resurrection

Bodega Pop Tartz
01-22-2009, 12:11 PM
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9500/20081209rza1ua6.jpg

1. Combat (Afro Season II Open Theme)-The RZA & P. Dot
2. You Already Know-Kool G Rap, Inspectah Deck & Suga Bang
3. Blood Thicker Than Mud Family Affair-Reverend William Burks, Sly Stone & Stone Mecca
4. Whar-Kool G Rap, Ghostface Killah, Tash Mahogany & The RZA
5. Girl Samurai Lullaby-Rah Digga & Stone Mecca
6. Fight For You-Thea Van Seijen
7. Bitch Gonna Get Ya-Rah Digga
8. Bloody Days Bloody Nights- Prodigal Sunn &Thea Van Seijen
9. Kill Kill Kill-Rugged Monk
10. Nappy Afro-Boy Jones
11. Bloody Samurai-Black Knights, Dexter Wiggles & Thea Van Seijen
12. Dead Birds-Killa Priest, Prodigal Sunn & Shavo
13. Arch Nemesis-Ace & Moe Rock
14. Brother's Keeper-Reverend William Burks, The RZA & Infinite
15. Yellow Jackets-Ace & Moe Rock
16. Take The Sword Part III-60 Second Assassin, Leggezin, Crisis, Christ Bearer, Rugged Monk, Tre Irie, Kinetic, Reverend William Burks & Bobby Digital
17. Number One Samurai (Afro Season II Outro)-The RZA & 9th Prince

1. Combat ( Rza Featuring P.Dot)
This is a pretty dope intro by Rza. This is better than the first intro without a doubt. P.Dot on the hook is a definite plus on this one. The beat is rugged which fits with the theme of the movie which I find pretty nice. I think Rza is starting to get better with the new sounds he's using on his recent material. Overall a pretty good track 3.5/5

2. You Already Know (Kool G Rap, Inspectah Deck & Suga Bang Bang)
This is a pretty good beat. The claps add that extra "umph" to the beat. I like how Rza did this one. Good to hear Kool G rap on the mic, he proves that he still can come solid on the mic. The hook is kind of suspect, Suga usually does not sound like this. Rza probably told him to go in on this one. Sadly Inspectah Deck doesn't come as hard as any of you Wu-Fans thought he would. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't all that great either. My favorite line from him in this one was the closing line. 4/5

3.Blood Thicker Than Mud (Reverend William Burk)
This guy needs a solo album, I hope Rza doesn't let this guys talent go to waste just doing guest features. I'm loving the beat on this one. Rev. Burke is definitely sharp on this one. This song sounds even better when you are watching the film. 4/5

4.Whar (Ghostface Killah Featuring Kool G rap, Rza & Tash Mohagany)
I like the fact that Rza reloops our favorite Killa Bee shoutout intros but that's about it. I feel bored when listening to this track. On top of that everyone came OK on the mic. Kool G is solid, but I wa expecting Ghostface Kilah to steal the show but he just came ok on here as well. The R&B Hook is pretty good for once. Rza is ok on here. I was kind of let down by this all star line up. 3.5/5

5.Girl Samurai Lullaby (Rah Digga Featuring Stone Mecca)
This is another one of the joints that sounds better when you hear it in the film. Rah Digga definitely brings it on this one no doubt, but if your trying just to sit and listen your ready to turn this one off. Beat is pretty smooth and if you listen she does a good job portraying SIO. 3.5/5

6.Fight For You (Thea)
I can't get through this track at all, Thea is just not good in my books. I hate when this track comes on in the film, it just kills my vibe. Nothing else to say. 2/5

7.Bitch Gonna Get Ya (Rah Digga)
This is a nice beat by Rza, sounds like a mixture between grimey and clean music. Rah Digga comes harder on this track than on her previous track. She has alot of lines in this one aswell. Pretty solid. 4/5

8.Bloody Days Bloody Nights (Prodigal Sunn Featuring Thea)
I'm not really into this one like that. I'm feeling Prodigal Sunn on here, he goes in with the storyline well. Thea is on the track which is already a -1 in my book. The music is ok, nothing too great, I can't really describe what this one sounds like. The song is only 1 min. and some change anyways. 3.5/5

9.Kill Kill Kill (Rugged Monk)
The "Kill Kill Kill" sounds weak on this track. I think they could've came up with a better hook on this one. Besides that, the beat is pretty good when it drops, I'm feeling the bass on it alot. I also have to give credit to Monk, he actually raps about a different topic for once. Every time I hear a verse from him they all sound the same. With this one he goes in on here You can picture Afro on his verse very clear. 3.5/5

10.Nappy Afro (Boy Jones)
This doesn't even sound like a Hip-Hop beat IMO. It was still pretty good though (The Beat). Boy Jones sounds wack as hell on the mic, his lyrics are all over the place, it sounds like he took lines from 8 different verses and just mixed them up. I'm not feeling this one. 2/5

11.Bloody Samurai (Black Knights, Dexter Wiggles & Thea)
This beat is undeniably hot. Rza definitely came through with a nice looped beat, Proving he still has some gems left around. Thea is on the track which just kills the vibe on the track. She really needs to go somewhere. Crisis opens this joint up real nice, He has the best verse on this whole track. Monk raps about the same shit again, but it sounds good over a beat like this so I won't even complain. Dexter Wiggles needs to step away from the mic aswell as Rza projects. His verse was definitely not needed on this joint. Besides all of that this is a banger. 4/5

12.Dead Birds (Killah Priest Featuring Prodigal Sunn & Shavo)
I wasn't feeling this track at all, but I heard this during the fight scene with Afro and those 3 bad guys and it sounded REAL good. I gave this track another try, Priest is definitely great on here and P-Sunn adds that extra flavor on here. Shavo came through on here with that Guitar that shit sounds raw and just hypes up this track more. I'm glad I gave this track another shot. 4/5

13.Arch Nemesis (Ace & Moe Roc)
This beat is real nice and grimey, well not really grimey but it has a nice feel to it. The sound effects on this beat are pretty hot too. Never heard of Ace & Moe Roc until now, but the definitely did their thing on this track. This is a standout for me. This is one of my favorites on this whole album, the next track they did was hot too. 4/5

14.Brother's Keeper (Rza Featuring Reverend William Burk & Infinite)
This is another one of the tracks that sounds better in the film. We all know Rev. Burke delivers on this one, Rza wasn't all that great on here though. I'm feeling the hook on here though, great job on that part. This is a real track though, I feel this one, it really sounds great during the scene it used in. 3.5/5

15.Yellow Jackets (Ace & Moe Roc)
I'm definitely feeling this joint right here, these guys are pretty good. The beat is pretty good and smooth enough to spit on, that Beez sound in the back is pretty dope too. They go in on this one, I hope to hear more from these guys on future Rza projects. 4/5

16.Take the Sword Pt. 3 (Rza Featuring 60 Second Assassin, ChristBearer, Crisis, Kinetic, Leggezin, Reverend William Burk, Rugged Monk & Tré Irie)
This a nice beat for 10 minutes, that was the only thing I was worried about. I blast this when lifting weights alot lol. 60 Sec. Assassin sounds pretty good on here, I hope he delivers even better on his first solo LP. I think the second guy is Leggezin??? I don't even know what this nigga is spitting on the mic...........Crisis is cool on here, Monk is rapping about the same thing lol. Christ Bearer sounds real different on this joint right here, I could only tell who he was by his style on here pretty dope though, Beretta 9 gets better everytime I hear him on the mic, Tre Irie was ok nothing really to special, Rza was pretty cool on here too. Overall This is pretty solid for a 10 Min. Cut. 4/5

17.Number One Samurai (Rza Featuring 9th Prince)
Same beat found on The P-Sunn album, but we all knew that already. Anyways, I'm feeling this one right here, the hook could've been better though. More importantly I was antcipiating 9th Prince verse lol, He still kind of Rusty but he came nice on here, he sounds rugged on this "Spit on the cross, choke the reverend, fuck it I'mma kill the priest" LOL he came nice on this joint. 3.5/5

Pros: I think Rza is really starting to develop his new style even more, the beats still aren't all that great but you can tell he's improving I'll give him that. The Mc's that are featured on this project really bring energy for the most part. I'm gonna give the MVP to Ace & Moe Roc for their hot tracks.

Cons: Thea, some beats are boring on here, some beats just sound good on the film. Most importantly there is that many standout joints on here. Rza needs to work on that.

Lyrics : 4/5
Beats : 3.5/5
Overall : 3.5/5

claaa7
01-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Bumping this as we speak and I have mixed feelings on it, a few tracks has been pure brilliance that i'll probably consider classics in a couple of years ("Whar", "Bloody Samurai"), some has been ok and some are just wack. This is definitely a very experimental project filled with many musical styles and alternative sounds and since i spent the last months listening almost exclusively to boom-bap hip-hop this is pretty much to stomach right now lol... I'll do a track-by-track review soon, at the moment i can only say that it isn't what i had hoped for.

SMH
01-22-2009, 03:50 PM
some very dope tracks but there are some whack ones too. I fuckin hate thea

claaa7
01-22-2009, 04:09 PM
^^ co-sign, those short interludes-type track with her voices fucking made my ears bleed lol.. but I gotta say on the song "Bloody Samurai" her vocals took the song to the next level imo, that's one of the rare examples where it actually works - she only had background vocals like a sample (as on "Try Ya Ya Ya") though.

Rame
01-22-2009, 04:12 PM
I'll listen to it when they release it.

I didn't like the last few RZA tracks but I hope this is better.

SMH
01-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Combat
You already know
blood thicker than mud
whar
girl samurai lullaby
a bitch is gonna get cha
kill kill kill
DEAD BIRDS

are my favorites so far

THE W
01-22-2009, 04:58 PM
the rip that i got off the net is missing take sword 3

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Combat
You already know
blood thicker than mud
whar
girl samurai lullaby
a bitch is gonna get cha
kill kill kill
DEAD BIRDS

are my favorites so far

yeah same here, i like these joints

wuswordz95
01-22-2009, 05:05 PM
this album is a classic. thea rules

claaa7
01-22-2009, 05:13 PM
^^ lol get out of here, you had the album for a couple of hours and now it's a CLASSIC hahaha?? ..you know that's an insane statement huh, not to mention impossible.

GhettoGnom
01-22-2009, 06:21 PM
lol

But like it's already been mentioned, a very hit or miss album.. Some great tracks, some wack tracks.. On first listen, Slang Prostitution is way better.

DUMBO
01-22-2009, 07:42 PM
blood is thicker than mud is really cool with an interesting beat.

DUMBO
01-22-2009, 07:55 PM
i haven't listened to the album very closely yet, but so far i think the appearances are fairly well executed, which is worth a rep to rza because of the diversity of the artists. in terms of the wack shit, the only one i see so far is boy jones. he sounds like he's from digital underground - not a good look for his first appearance. beat wise i can't hate. rza is definitely more interested in complex layerings of different sound, tempos, rhythms and melodies - its a lot different than the dark sparseness he made his name on, but its still high quality. just takes some getting used to and foregoing whiny wishes for rza to go back to his older style.

rza has always found dope mcs but rarely backs the right ones - i want him to profile rev. burke more and quit it with finding new talent every fucking day.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-22-2009, 08:46 PM
i haven't listened to the album very closely yet, but so far i think the appearances are fairly well executed, which is worth a rep to rza because of the diversity of the artists. in terms of the wack shit, the only one i see so far is boy jones. he sounds like he's from digital underground - not a good look for his first appearance. beat wise i can't hate. rza is definitely more interested in complex layerings of different sound, tempos, rhythms and melodies - its a lot different than the dark sparseness he made his name on, but its still high quality. just takes some getting used to and foregoing whiny wishes for rza to go back to his older style.

rza has always found dope mcs but rarely backs the right ones - i want him to profile rev. burke more and quit it with finding new talent every fucking day.

You that's a good way to see it and the good way to see rza in a different light for a change on this board. an artist has to evolve or you'll say he isn't doing anything new and when he does evolve people whine and say he needs to return to his roots.

portis24
01-22-2009, 09:38 PM
my top 5
1.take sword pt.3
2.girl samurai lullaby
3.bloody samurai
4.dead birds
5.whar

Bodega Pop Tartz
01-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I will post my review Within two weeks.

TheIronLung
01-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Dead Birds and Whar are tight.

The Boy Jones track is pretty disappointing...

Couple dope tracks all in all. Not as bangin as the the 1st soundtrack

Jin10304
01-23-2009, 02:33 AM
lol like someone else said, Young DB sounds like a reject version of Humpty Hump from Digi Under.

Kanha
01-23-2009, 09:32 AM
The track with William Burke "blood thicker than mud" is the best track outta the whole album!!

SMH
01-23-2009, 12:35 PM
i dunno why but afro samurai ressurection sounds beat wise waaay sharper than digi snax and 8 diagrams. its like the drums here are much better and rawer and it sounds kinda minimalistic/ weird in a good way. i like the production on this one

Luz
01-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Boy Jones sucks his track is terrible. That Thea song "Fight for You" also sucks. Rza spits about 4 verses on the whole album. Kill Kill Kill, Combat, Dead Birds, Bloody Samurai, and Take the Sword pt.III (if you start the track right before Burke's verse) are the standouts.

Disappointing album.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-23-2009, 01:52 PM
^^^^I agree, it's disappointing, I like just 4 beats on the album, and it's RZA produced :(

Thea sux, RZA, her voice is just as wack as her face.

Bloody Samurai is the standout, but on a classic album like Liquid Swords, or even Digital Bullet....it would b considered a filler.... :/ damn

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-23-2009, 01:54 PM
whar has a cool beat, but the lyrics have that snooze effect :(

Bodega Pop Tartz
01-23-2009, 02:18 PM
^^^^I agree, it's disappointing, I like just 4 beats on the album, and it's RZA produced :(

Thea sux, RZA, her voice is just as wack as her face.

Bloody Samurai is the standout, but on a classic album like Liquid Swords, or even Digital Bullet....it would b considered a filler.... :/ damn

WHOA! LOL.

DUMBO
01-23-2009, 02:23 PM
i dunno why but afro samurai ressurection sounds beat wise waaay sharper than digi snax and 8 diagrams. its like the drums here are much better and rawer and it sounds kinda minimalistic/ weird in a good way. i like the production on this one

i agree. i like the beats here more. they seems more intricate and less commercial. digi snax was rza most pop-sounding album ever - and one of his worst selling. 8 diagrams was ok beatwise, but alot of shit boring joints. afro is more artistic imho.

that said, rza needs to pay meth or rae to write hooks for him. most of these are wack. half the time, the name of the song is repeated over and over again or sung (which is ok sometimes but not every fucking song pls). he needs some dope intricate rae hooks like rae gave gza on that muggs produced album.

DUMBO
01-23-2009, 02:30 PM
sorry to hog this thread, but damn rev. burke needs an album. he's really dope. i hope rza doesn't leave him on the shelf like he did some of the killa bees. the kid has a good flow and his rhymes are logical and clear.

duotone
01-23-2009, 05:10 PM
for me as a fan of the experimental rza think after 1st listening that this cd got a lot of potential...
rza still doin his thing and distnazes his style from the masses... like he did in 93' ... he will ever be a unique person... if you like it or not... this cd is a bit more dirtier and rawer than the first part of the season... guest appearance is more from the wu... and its a good recepy.
nice to hear prodigal sun again...

first listn 8/10 .... could be that it gets better with the time...
cant wait to get the original... allready preordered... copy kills music... so go in stores and cop it... neither its good nor bad... support the WU... rza need your support, love and money to bring out new talents...
would be great if rev.wil.burk comes out with a album...

PEACE

portis24
01-23-2009, 08:12 PM
i agree. i like the beats here more. they seems more intricate and less commercial. digi snax was rza most pop-sounding album ever - and one of his worst selling. 8 diagrams was ok beatwise, but alot of shit boring joints. afro is more artistic imho.

that said, rza needs to pay meth or rae to write hooks for him. most of these are wack. half the time, the name of the song is repeated over and over again or sung (which is ok sometimes but not every fucking song pls). he needs some dope intricate rae hooks like rae gave gza on that muggs produced album.

i agree with everything said here

Shitao
01-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Some interesting beats: both reverand william burks tracks are really solid. Both rah digga too IMO. Bitch gonna get ya is my fav beat on the album so far. I really like the Yellow jacket beat too. Reminds me some old bobby digi beats. Like north star 4 sho sho.

A lot of boring beats/track: don't really feeling bloody days, bloody nights with his strange drums work; fight for you just useless; Nappy afro is just horrible; the melody sample of bloody samourai is dope as fuck but come on... A 2scd loop during 3:30? No beat variations? Boring to me; Arch nemesis... typical new RZA cinematographic style. It works sometimes, here boring; but I'm really disappointed by take the sword III. The both first was classic to me. Here we got dope mcs but a wimpy beat.

After 3/4 listenings I'll put a 2.5/5.

Top 5:

1-Bitch gonna get ya
2-Blood thicker than mud
3-Yellow jackets
4-Brothers keeper
5-Girl samurai lullaby

SMH
01-24-2009, 07:37 AM
You forgot Dead Birds and Kill Kill Kill

THE W
01-24-2009, 08:21 AM
another decent at best album from the abbott

certified bangers:

bloody samurai
arch nemesis
lullaby
bitch is gonna get ya
combat

solid tracks:

you already know

the rest of the tracks i wouldnt listen to more than 5 times.

NEXT...

duotone
01-24-2009, 08:35 AM
just remember that this is still a soundtrack...
the music has to fit to given scenes...
its boring when you JUST put straight hiphop over a complete season...
you have to be experimental...
after a few listns a small trackbytrack of my fav.:

Combat 4/5
is a very nice intro... rza sounds bobbylike... good track

You already know 5/5
could get classic status to me... INS is killin' it...

Blood thicker than mud 4/5
very experimental... good MC's... just a good track... right recepy

Whar - 5/5
took to long that rza put some MC's over this sampel... ghost is amazing on this joint... like the bored rza style

Bitch is gone getcha 5/5
one of the best joints on the album... beat goes like "STOMPING" elephants... pt2 of rushin' elephants????

KILL KILL KILL 4/5
a solid and good track... just good

Bloody Samurai 4/5
Dexter Wiggles again... this time better... better than unpredictable... strange voice he got... like the sample... thea did a good job...

Brother Keepers 4/5
just a crazy beat... you like it or not... thats it... and i like it...

Yellow Jacket 5/5
beat flows on like in sunshower... like the guitar... ace and moe are killin it... cant wait for their debut...

Number one samurai 5/5
opens up with gloriouis days the beatswitch is amazing.. and the 2nd beat is amazing... known from prodigal sun BRUTALITY... one of rzas illest beats i think... and the two cousins are great... 9th killed it...

so over all... 10 outstanding tracks (to mee... dont hate on me cause my opinion... i know here are some ignorant people) of 18
the others i just have to listn more... maybe they grow... dont know...

cant wait for the season how the music fits on it...

peace !
wu tang forever...

THE W
01-24-2009, 10:30 AM
this isnt like the last AS album where you had like 7 rap tracks and the rest were scores. this is a rap album full stop. he might only use a few of these in the anime.

Lethal
01-24-2009, 10:43 AM
album is fire...a offering

Vegan
01-24-2009, 10:50 AM
what an album. looking forward to the achozen album, too.

whar and bloody samurai are epic.

Vegan
01-24-2009, 10:51 AM
and much better than the first afro album

portis24
01-24-2009, 07:43 PM
take the sword part 3 is sickkkkk

FasterBlade
01-24-2009, 10:24 PM
voted banger, its not as good as the first but its definately raw as shit

Jin10304
01-25-2009, 03:25 AM
Yeah this def isnt a sountrack like the 1st, its a long delayed producer album "RZA Presents" so - in - so.

"and the two cousins are great... 9th killed it... "

Arent they brothers?

duotone
01-25-2009, 04:59 AM
Yeah this def isnt a sountrack like the 1st, its a long delayed producer album "RZA Presents" so - in - so.

"and the two cousins are great... 9th killed it... "

Arent they brothers?

oh sorry my fault... brothers is right...

portis24
01-25-2009, 10:08 AM
to me this is 10x better then the first one maybe it's because of the instrumental tracks on the first one but the production on this is a lot sharper

-The A to the Z-
01-25-2009, 11:44 AM
to me this is 10x better then the first one maybe it's because of the instrumental tracks on the first one but the production on this is a lot sharper

Nah, overall I think the first one takes it.

This has some real cool sounds and experimental songs, but doesn't have any beats like Fury In My Eyes/Revenge; and this Take the Sword beat pales in comparison to the first 2, it's more of a backing than a beat, which isn't suitable for a 10 minute posse cut.

Pretty good album on first listen.

portis24
01-25-2009, 12:37 PM
outside of take the sword i think everything is better on this soundtrack then the last except for that thea solo track oh and black knights and rev. william burk both need albums produced by the rza immediately

pmack215
01-26-2009, 09:42 AM
LOLOL.... man, RZA has it so tough. he's way beyond head & shoulders above everyone else. if any other producer did this, they'd be praised as revolutionary and immediately put into the hall of fame.
all in all, to me, this is still way better than any other hiphop out there.
i love this joint. the production is phenomenal. great mix of MC's. great lyrics - far & above all the other 123...ABC garbage out there. this shit is SO different. a BUNCH of great tracks. this album, as a whole, in & of itself, is beautiful.

rza is king, and he knows it.

i'm gladly handing over $16 tomorrow for this.

duotone
01-26-2009, 10:08 AM
LOLOL.... man, RZA has it so tough. he's way beyond head & shoulders above everyone else. if any other producer did this, they'd be praised as revolutionary and immediately put into the hall of fame.
all in all, to me, this is still way better than any other hiphop out there.
i love this joint. the production is phenomenal. great mix of MC's. great lyrics - far & above all the other 123...ABC garbage out there. this shit is SO different. a BUNCH of great tracks. this album, as a whole, in & of itself, is beautiful.

rza is king, and he knows it.

i'm gladly handing over $16 tomorrow for this.

NICE WORDS... on piont... co-sign that 100%...
its a piece of art...

Gitche Manito
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
its a piece of art...

Yes.

If I could I would change my vote. This is going strongly in the "Classic" direction.

Best hip-hop album I've heard in while.

FatherSl!me
01-27-2009, 01:19 AM
#4 is the only banger. the rest sucks

portis24
01-27-2009, 08:16 AM
^you must not have listened to it

Pattch82
01-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Thought I'd drop a little review of this here, cos so far it's bangin'!!!

Combat 4/5
Good intro, nice RZA verse, really like this beat ever since I first heard it on the trailer.

You Already Know 3/5
Not sure about this one, the beat does nothing for me, already when I'm listening to the sound track, I tend to skip this one.

Blood Thicker Than Mud 3/5
Again, not sure about this one eitha. Maybe it'll grow on me, Rev. William Burke kills shit again! When is this guy gonna drop a solo, or at least a mixtape!

Whar - 5/5
I like this shit ALOT!!! The beat, brilliant, taking it right back to the beginning of the Wu. For me, Kool G. Rap fucks this up though, not feeling his verse at all here! Ghost kills it (“I pop like cheap luggage” – love that line!) and RZA's verse is lyrically top notch!

Girl Samurai Lullaby – 3/5
Not really feelin’ this one, it kinda breaks up the pace of the album, this and the following track. We had 4 hard tracks then it kinda breaks the mood for a lil’ with this and the next track before getting’ back into the hard shit again.

Fight For You – 2/5
It’s not that it’s overly bad, it’s just I can’t help thinking that this would have been soooo much better if it was Tekitha singing rather than Thea. Remember when RZA said back in the day that all the generals get a chance to spit on a beat, but then the best verses stay on there… well, he should start doing that with his singers too, get Tekitha in, Blue Raspberry, Tash Mahogany, fuck, even get Mary J. back in for another lil’ Wu collabo. At least that way we wouldn’t have Thea’s whiney ass on almost every fuckin’ hook!

Bitch Gonna Get Ya – 5/5
Back to the hard shit… Another hard ass beat!!! Love this shit from RZA! Rah Digga kills it too! This shit bangs hard in the whip!

Bloody Days Bloody Nights – 3/5
Thea again! Nice beat and Prodigal rips it but Thea’s fuckin’ voice once again ruins a good track!

Kill Kill Kill 4/5
Another good track, Monk has really impressed me lately, he’s improved A LOT!!! His verses on this track and Bloody Samurai are sick!

Nappy Afro – 3/5
Someone on here said that he sounded like Shock G when he was doing his Humpty Hump shit – I gotta agree, this shit sounds whack!!! The first 10 seconds of the track sound good, then the beat kicks in and its some Southern sounding beat, not overly bad, but not replayable either! And Boy Jones just brings nothing memorable to the track!

Bloody Samurai 500/5
OH MY FUCKIN’ GOD!!! Now this is a fuckin’ track! Instant classic in my opinion! Can’t really say anything about the beat, very very simple but very, VERY effective!!! Love the sample and Crisis and Monk come through hard, especially like Monks verse! I wouls still have preferred if Thea wasn’t on here! I don’t mind Dexter Wiggles though.

Dead Birds – 4/5
I think this one is gonna be a grower, at the minute it’s just aiight to me. Priest doesn’t deliver anything special, Prodigal rips shit though!! Is this what the Achozen project is gonna sound like?

Arch Nemesis – 4/5
I love this beat, sounds like some old school gritty Wu-Tang shit! For some reason it also reminds me of Radioactive offa Iron Flag. MoeRoc sounds OK on here and I dunno who the other guy is!

Brother Keepers 5/5
Dope fuckin track! The drums kick hard as hell on this track! Rev. William Burke comes thru with another sick verse and RZA delivers too! One of my early favourites!

Yellow Jackets 5/5
Another sick beat. The guy at the very beginning sounds A LOT like Cilvaringz! MoeRoc sounds OK again on here. Are these two a group or just two individual artists?

Take Sword Part III – 3/5
Not one of my favourites at the minute! When I realised the track was over 10 minutes long I was expecting some beat switches, or at least something more exciting than this. The beat just kinda plods along doing nothing exciting! 60 Sec sounds pretty good on here, looking forward to his debut! It took me about 5 listens before I even realised Leggezin is rapping in English! And what the fuck has happened to Christbearer’s voice?! His verse is probably the worst one on the whole album!!! Crisis & Monk come off well again. B9’s verse was abit boring too, or maybe by that point the beat had just lulled me to sleep! Take Sword Part 1 is still the best!

Number One Samurai 5/5
ILL SHIT!!! I like how it starts with the Glorious Days beat and then switches into the Brutality beat! Some people have said its shit and it’s a recycled beat, but I have no problem with RZA reusing one of his hardest beats ever! Prodigal killed it on the original, but RZA and 9th Prince ripped it up insane on this!

All in all, I’m impressed with this shit, theres only really 3 tracks that I’m not feelin’ and even those may grow on me with abit of time!

The one thing I was disappointed with – I liked the layout of the original Soundtrack, 50% tracks, 50% instrumentals from the series. I can’t believe they didn’t put any instrumentals on this one, the closest thing to it is the ending of the Boy Jones track there’s about 2 minutes of instrumental score shit. I hope there’s some kinda limited edition version released with all the instrumentals on. Or if they did like Ghost Dog and had a Hip-Hop album and a score.

Peace!

pmack215
01-27-2009, 10:36 AM
its a piece of art...

i forgot to mention:

boy jones......... is NOT ready! but i dont think he's as bad as most have said.

FatherSl!me
01-27-2009, 03:34 PM
^you must not have listened to it
like 2 or 3 tracks are mediocre besides the 1 i mentioned. the rest sucks. glad i dl'ed it

duotone
01-27-2009, 04:33 PM
i'm glad that tastes are different...

pmack215
01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
i fuckin love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
to me, its better than the 1st one b/c this one is ALL hiphop (except the 1 thea song), and doesnt have the R&B / soul songs like the first one (stone mecca...). plus, this one has more MC's and a better array of MC's.
rza is killin it w/ the soundtracks! he now has 3 stellar (if not classic YET) sdtrks under his belt.... "ghost dog", "afro sam. 1 and 2".
I'm not counting the "kill bills" or "the protector" or "unleashed" - they were scores; there's really no wu or killa bee songs on them, other than a couple scattered.

i think the sdtrk is really rza's niche. its perfect for him; just like WTC was. they're very similar. he can take a bunch of MC's, mix & match them for songs, and spread them over a plethora of soundscapes... that may have a common theme, but not necessarily a common topic/subject.

faves from "afro sam. 2":
* "take sword pt. 3"
(i have no clue why there arent more songs that are 7, 8, or even 10 min long. i never understood why people think songs HAVE to be a certain amt of bars and only last 3-4 min..... especially w/ all the MC's rza is always working with... & especially being part of a 9-man group.)
* "U already know"
(INS is still sharp as a motha! and i LOVE suga bang doing hooks!)
* "bloody samurai"
(yeah, the repetitive short loop isnt rza at his creative best, but its still dope as fuck, plus like others have said, this is where thea is used properly.)
* "kill, kill, kill"
(monk shines bright as hell in all his appearances here.)
* "WHAR"
(always great to see NEW rza & GFK (2gether) material. plus, its rza, GFK, & kool G rap on a bangin beat! come on!! long live hiphop!!)

very impressed w/ ALL the rhymes AND beats. no, its not perfect, but this is grade-A, premium, innovative hiphop that is becoming more rare as time passes.

rza is STILL the GOD. greatest producer of all time!

thank u, rza.

WTC.ODB.4EVA

17th chamber born
01-28-2009, 01:11 PM
goin to cop it today actually......thanx for the reviews y'all............

i fuckin love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
to me, its better than the 1st one b/c this one is ALL hiphop (except the 1 thea song), and doesnt have the R&B / soul songs like the first one (stone mecca...).

actually dogg that was one of the things i liked about the first one.......stone mecca's "oh" is one of my fav. joints on the 1st go round. i can def. do without that "baby" track from WHOEVER.........but the 1st one was a beast, and the r&b contribution from SM made me appreciate it even more.................

but i'm pretty sure i'll be diggin resurection as much as the first

J-DON
01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
I probably would have liked this much better as an instrumental album. Pretty much every verse is wack, even those by respectable rappers. Beats arent even that great either. The first Afro Sam Sdtrk was better.

AND EVERY SUNG CHORUS IS TERRIBLE

Suga Duga
01-28-2009, 02:40 PM
like 2 or 3 tracks are mediocre besides the 1 i mentioned. the rest sucks. glad i dl'ed it

yup same here

17th chamber born
01-29-2009, 07:25 AM
just copped it yesterday........
didnt like dead birds...at all....
I LIKED THEA'S JOINT "FIGHT FOR YOU"............Y'ALL MUTHAFUCCAZ NEED TO LEARN HOW TO BE MORE ECLECTIC WHEN IT COMES TO MUSIC.

"YELLOW JACKETS" IZ MY CHIT!!!!!!
ACE & MOE ROC MURKED THIS SOUNDTRACK.........

DIGGA DIGGA DID HER THANG AS WELL ON HERE.............I UNDERSTAND ALL THE COMPONENTS THAT CONSIST WITHIN "TAKE THE SWORD PT. 3", BUT IT STILL ISN'T BETTER THAN PT. 2 TO ME..............

ALL-IN-ALL.........GREAT SOUNDTRACK, GREAT SEQUEL, GREAT FOLLOW-UP ALL TOGETHER!!!!
8.5-9/10

Gitche Manito
01-29-2009, 07:36 AM
I probably would have liked this much better as an instrumental album. Pretty much every verse is wack, even those by respectable rappers. Beats arent even that great either. The first Afro Sam Sdtrk was better.

AND EVERY SUNG CHORUS IS TERRIBLE

One RZA sentence that fits some people in here the best is:

EARS OF CORN.

duotone
01-29-2009, 09:19 AM
one question...
is the resurrection a SERIE or a MOVIE...
i thought a serie... episode2 ... but i heard its a movie... 1h20min

Erquel
01-29-2009, 09:50 AM
one question...

it's a full length movie. and amazing one

-The A to the Z-
01-29-2009, 11:48 AM
one question...

It's a movie, but will be screened as a mini-series also.

Jin10304
01-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah there going to split it up into 4 half hour episodes starting today (the 29th)

Sparrow Daene
01-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Alright. Fess up. who are the three assholes that called this album a CLASSIC!?

"You Already Know" - I (Suga) Bang that shit hard.

"Whar" - YUP

"Nappy Afro" - yes or no, this is the WORST thing RZA has ever done. ..I can't believe this was crafted by the man who made Liquid Swords

Sparrow Daene
01-30-2009, 08:04 AM
And the Rah Digga shit is tough too. I like those

pmack215
01-30-2009, 09:42 AM
And the Rah Digga shit is tough too. I like those

yeah, rah digga did her thing w/ rza. she's got charisma!!

i'm also really digging "yellow jackets" (by moe roc & ace). I think i'm digging moe over ace right now.

duotone
01-30-2009, 10:51 AM

its equal... 3 classic votes (5/5)... 3 wack votes (1/5)

-The A to the Z-
01-30-2009, 11:30 AM

"You Already Know" - I (Suga) Bang that shit hard.

"Whar" - YUP

"Nappy Afro" - yes or no, this is the WORST thing RZA has ever done. ..I can't believe this was crafted by the man who made Liquid Swords

Classic?

Certainly not.

But it's pretty addictive and a great listen for me no doubt. 8/10.

And I still don't see the hate for Nappy Afro, I really like it...

food for thought
01-30-2009, 11:43 AM
i think nappy afro had a good concept or watever but the kid fucked it up horribly. that shit is terrible.

imo the album could have been better.

i wasnt blown away like most of you apparently

i see what he was trying to do with it and the guest list of appearances is commendable.

the instruments used and the fusing different elements was commendable as well.

it just does not sound appealing to me musiccly, as a whole.

as a whole, i think he could have made it better. it seemed like he was putting some achozen type shit on there too much. did anyone else notice this?

fav joint is family affair. feeling the rah digga joints, the thea solo joint, the rest i gota give them some more listens.

nappy afro is appalling.

overall i think the shit had a lot of potential that was not taken used properly.

Peace

17th chamber born
01-30-2009, 01:01 PM
i think nappy afro had a good concept or watever but the kid fucked it up horribly. that shit is terrible.

imo the album could have been better.

i wasnt blown away like most of you apparently

i see what he was trying to do with it and the guest list of appearances is commendable.

the instruments used and the fusing different elements was commendable as well.

it just does not sound appealing to me musiccly, as a whole.

as a whole, i think he could have made it better. it seemed like he was putting some achozen type shit on there too much. did anyone else notice this?

fav joint is family affair. feeling the rah digga joints, the thea solo joint, the rest i gota give them some more listens.

nappy afro is appalling.

overall i think the shit had a lot of potential that was not taken used properly.

Peace

in all truth homie.......that was a great review, and i couldnt agree with you even more
you made some real strong points. peace

food for thought
01-31-2009, 03:44 PM
^Peace dogg,

no doudt.

Bodega Pop Tartz
01-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Review coming by Feb. 6. I got like 3 test this week.

THE W
01-31-2009, 08:12 PM
anybody cop this yet?

what tracks did Rza not produce?

Gitche Manito
01-31-2009, 08:24 PM

Keep on bumping it.

It should grow on you slowly but surely.

Jin10304
01-31-2009, 08:24 PM
I believe he did all the songs this time

duotone
02-01-2009, 02:23 AM
i got it... its entirely produced by him...
isnt afro 1 too???
never read the booklet of my copy...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-01-2009, 02:40 AM
anybody cop this yet?

what tracks did Rza not produce?

rza produced the entire thing

Jin10304
02-01-2009, 03:08 AM
isnt afro 1 too???
never read the booklet of my copy...

Naw Oh & The Walk are done by Tru James, I also heard Take Sword 2 was Tru Master actually

duotone
02-01-2009, 03:36 AM
ni take sword 1 and 2 are from rza....
"BABY" is produced by m1... the rest is by the rza...
i looked it up in my booklet...

thx & peace

THE W
02-01-2009, 01:33 PM
^^exactly, which is why i asked the question.

RynMur
02-03-2009, 03:19 PM
I prefer the first soundtrack, but this is still nice. Whar is incredible, i was feeling the lyrics and the beat. Fight for you is also on my repeat, thea doesn't fit in well with a few songs, but she shines on this solo. Ill drop my review within the next few days. Banger status so far.

Twiztid-Wutang
02-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I wont lie, The first one seemed focused, This one seemed rushed, and honestly besides like 4 joints, Im not feeling it.

RynMur
02-04-2009, 03:57 AM
I voted banger. After listening to it a few more times, it does seem a little rushed. It's not there is alot of wack songs on the album, just not that many standouts. If the second half of the album matched the first half I would consider it superior.

Top 5: You Already Know, Blood Thicker Than Mud "Family Affair", Whar (fav), Girl Samurai Lullaby, Bloody Samurai

Grade: (3/5) B-

Mashallarts
02-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Got the album yesterday...it's heavy
I was lookin forward to the reverend william tracks and they are FI-ARRRRE!!! like some other brotha said, he needs his own album. Does anyone know if he has a myspace or website or somethin? the guy is dope

And as soon as i heard boy jones go "AHhHHhHhHhH" i thought OH NO.....he's tryin to copy his pops.........the kids got decent lyrics, it's just he's whack

but majority of the album is wicked

7.5/10

Bodega Pop Tartz
02-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Right now my rating is between a 3.5/5 - 4/5

Come Honor Face
02-05-2009, 11:50 PM
thea rules

I hope this was sarcasm.

pmack215
02-06-2009, 03:37 PM
i love it more and more each time i hear it. its near flawless to me.

Bodega Pop Tartz
02-06-2009, 09:09 PM
LOL put that drug down

deadlymelody
02-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm listening to this right now and it's 50/50. Half good tracks, half skippable. It's really strange what RZA is doing right now, the inconsistency within just one record continues. A few beats on here I love and think that RZA continually changes things up and it sound amazing. Then, on the next track, I think that the beat could be made by virtually any neophytic producer. All in all, I do appreciate the eclectic style he has always done and always will.

Upon first listen, the only true first-listen bangers are Whar (I love the re-hashed beat from Clan in Da Front, an indirect homage to 36 Chambers), Bloody Samurai, Brother's Keeper, Take Sword Pt. III (though it's too long), and Number One Samurai (though the beat is recycled). A part of me dislikes Arch Nemesis, mostly due to the lyrics and drums, but something about the beat is hypnotic. I like it, it's very different.

Anyway, I'm on the fence about this record. Needs multiple listens to truly get a feel for the music of RZA.

MAYOR QUIMBY
02-08-2009, 12:43 AM
This album has quite possibly the worst rhymin from RZA i've ever heard.

anthonyrecord
02-09-2009, 09:38 PM
:beer: am I alone in thinking Killarmy should use the "Whar" beat on their new effort?

Bodega Pop Tartz
02-14-2009, 04:11 PM
First review of 09'

1. Combat ( Rza Featuring P.Dot)
This is a pretty dope intro by Rza. This is better than the first intro without a doubt. P.Dot on the hook is a definite plus on this one. The beat is rugged which fits with the theme of the movie which I find pretty nice. I think Rza is starting to get better with the new sounds he's using on his recent material. Overall a pretty good track 3.5/5

2. You Already Know (Kool G Rap, Inspectah Deck & Suga Bang Bang)
This is a pretty good beat. The claps add that extra "umph" to the beat. I like how Rza did this one. Good to hear Kool G rap on the mic, he proves that he still can come solid on the mic. The hook is kind of suspect, Suga usually does not sound like this. Rza probably told him to go in on this one. Sadly Inspectah Deck doesn't come as hard as any of you Wu-Fans thought he would. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't all that great either. My favorite line from him in this one was the closing line. 4/5

3.Blood Thicker Than Mud (Reverend William Burk)
This guy needs a solo album, I hope Rza doesn't let this guys talent go to waste just doing guest features. I'm loving the beat on this one. Rev. Burke is definitely sharp on this one. This song sounds even better when you are watching the film. 4/5

4.Whar (Ghostface Killah Featuring Kool G rap, Rza & Tash Mohagany)
I like the fact that Rza reloops our favorite Killa Bee shoutout intros but that's about it. I feel bored when listening to this track. On top of that everyone came OK on the mic. Kool G is solid, but I wa expecting Ghostface Kilah to steal the show but he just came ok on here as well. The R&B Hook is pretty good for once. Rza is ok on here. I was kind of let down by this all star line up. 3.5/5

5.Girl Samurai Lullaby (Rah Digga Featuring Stone Mecca)
This is another one of the joints that sounds better when you hear it in the film. Rah Digga definitely brings it on this one no doubt, but if your trying just to sit and listen your ready to turn this one off. Beat is pretty smooth and if you listen she does a good job portraying SIO. 3.5/5

6.Fight For You (Thea)
I can't get through this track at all, Thea is just not good in my books. I hate when this track comes on in the film, it just kills my vibe. Nothing else to say. 2/5

7.Bitch Gonna Get Ya (Rah Digga)
This is a nice beat by Rza, sounds like a mixture between grimey and clean music. Rah Digga comes harder on this track than on her previous track. She has alot of lines in this one aswell. Pretty solid. 4/5

8.Bloody Days Bloody Nights (Prodigal Sunn Featuring Thea)
I'm not really into this one like that. I'm feeling Prodigal Sunn on here, he goes in with the storyline well. Thea is on the track which is already a -1 in my book. The music is ok, nothing too great, I can't really describe what this one sounds like. The song is only 1 min. and some change anyways. 3.5/5

9.Kill Kill Kill (Rugged Monk)
The "Kill Kill Kill" sounds weak on this track. I think they could've came up with a better hook on this one. Besides that, the beat is pretty good when it drops, I'm feeling the bass on it alot. I also have to give credit to Monk, he actually raps about a different topic for once. Every time I hear a verse from him they all sound the same. With this one he goes in on here You can picture Afro on his verse very clear. 3.5/5

10.Nappy Afro (Boy Jones)
This doesn't even sound like a Hip-Hop beat IMO. It was still pretty good though (The Beat). Boy Jones sounds wack as hell on the mic, his lyrics are all over the place, it sounds like he took lines from 8 different verses and just mixed them up. I'm not feeling this one. 2/5

11.Bloody Samurai (Black Knights, Dexter Wiggles & Thea)
This beat is undeniably hot. Rza definitely came through with a nice looped beat, Proving he still has some gems left around. Thea is on the track which just kills the vibe on the track. She really needs to go somewhere. Crisis opens this joint up real nice, He has the best verse on this whole track. Monk raps about the same shit again, but it sounds good over a beat like this so I won't even complain. Dexter Wiggles needs to step away from the mic aswell as Rza projects. His verse was definitely not needed on this joint. Besides all of that this is a banger. 4/5

12.Dead Birds (Killah Priest Featuring Prodigal Sunn & Shavo)
I wasn't feeling this track at all, but I heard this during the fight scene with Afro and those 3 bad guys and it sounded REAL good. I gave this track another try, Priest is definitely great on here and P-Sunn adds that extra flavor on here. Shavo came through on here with that Guitar that shit sounds raw and just hypes up this track more. I'm glad I gave this track another shot. 4/5

13.Arch Nemesis (Ace & Moe Roc)
This beat is real nice and grimey, well not really grimey but it has a nice feel to it. The sound effects on this beat are pretty hot too. Never heard of Ace & Moe Roc until now, but the definitely did their thing on this track. This is a standout for me. This is one of my favorites on this whole album, the next track they did was hot too. 4/5

14.Brother's Keeper (Rza Featuring Reverend William Burk & Infinite)
This is another one of the tracks that sounds better in the film. We all know Rev. Burke delivers on this one, Rza wasn't all that great on here though. I'm feeling the hook on here though, great job on that part. This is a real track though, I feel this one, it really sounds great during the scene it used in. 3.5/5

15.Yellow Jackets (Ace & Moe Roc)
I'm definitely feeling this joint right here, these guys are pretty good. The beat is pretty good and smooth enough to spit on, that Beez sound in the back is pretty dope too. They go in on this one, I hope to hear more from these guys on future Rza projects. 4/5

16.Take the Sword Pt. 3 (Rza Featuring 60 Second Assassin, ChristBearer, Crisis, Kinetic, Leggezin, Reverend William Burk, Rugged Monk & Tré Irie)
This a nice beat for 10 minutes, that was the only thing I was worried about. I blast this when lifting weights alot lol. 60 Sec. Assassin sounds pretty good on here, I hope he delivers even better on his first solo LP. I think the second guy is Leggezin??? I don't even know what this nigga is spitting on the mic...........Crisis is cool on here, Monk is rapping about the same thing lol. Christ Bearer sounds real different on this joint right here, I could only tell who he was by his style on here pretty dope though, Beretta 9 gets better everytime I hear him on the mic, Tre Irie was ok nothing really to special, Rza was pretty cool on here too. Overall This is pretty solid for a 10 Min. Cut. 4/5

17.Number One Samurai (Rza Featuring 9th Prince)
Same beat found on The P-Sunn album, but we all knew that already. Anyways, I'm feeling this one right here, the hook could've been better though. More importantly I was antcipiating 9th Prince verse lol, He still kind of Rusty but he came nice on here, he sounds rugged on this "Spit on the cross, choke the reverend, fuck it I'mma kill the priest" LOL he came nice on this joint. 3.5/5

Pros: I think Rza is really starting to develop his new style even more, the beats still aren't all that great but you can tell he's improving I'll give him that. The Mc's that are featured on this project really bring energy for the most part. I'm gonna give the MVP to Ace & Moe Roc for their hot tracks.

Cons: Thea, some beats are boring on here, some beats just sound good on the film. Most importantly there isn't that many standout joints on here. Rza needs to work on that.

Lyrics : 4/5
Beats : 3.5/5
Overall : 3.5/5

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-14-2009, 11:22 PM
You know when you hear about soundtracks and couple that with Hip Hop it usually comes out discombobulated and very disjointed. Now take that statement and pair that with the supreme job RZA did with the original Afro Samurai soundtrack plus his past work on Ghost Dog Soundtrack, thus you get the rare sheer listenable attempt at full composed, sampled up album. As with any soundtrack it has it’s flaws but this version of the Afro Samurai soundtrack aptly titled the same as the new sequel movie, comes off as the typical rap album and doesn’t had the tidbits of the score within in it as it predecessor none the less the album starts off wit a bang with “Combat” and rolls right into another banger that “You Already Know” (features Kool G Rap, Inspectah Deck & Suga Bang Bang) that shows Deck and G Rap sparing back and forth with intense skills and the hook lasted by Suga Bang Bang doesn’t really disappoint and actually fleshes out the track well.

Once you get to joints like “Whar” (featuring Kool G Rap, Ghostface Killah, RZA and Tash Mahogany), “Blood Thicker than Water” (featuring Reverend William Burk), Bloody Samurai (featuring Black Knights, Dexter Wiggles & Thea) and the epically long 10 mins of a song that is “Take the Sword Pt. 3” (Rza Featuring 60 Second Assassin, ChristBearer, Crisis, Kinetic, Leggezin, Reverend William Burk, Rugged Monk & Tré Irie) in that is the tracks get the strongest replay values because they bang hard and rather RZA’s new production techniques such as synth, strings, guitar implementation and hard body 808 drums and the varied sound effects really show and prove dude still got it. Much can be said for the way the layering of the beats are they go from thick layered drums such as “Bloody Samurai” and “Yellow Jackets” to the simplicity of “Nappy Afro” that comes off way too electronic sounding and glitch hop based. Now there is nothing wrong wit simple sound tracks as long as the artists bring their “paint” to the table so that both they and RZA can paint a beautiful picture.

For me as a avid listener of music and a fan of the Razz’s work the complaint for me comes off the way he’s making beats and I understand sampling cost economically can hamper allot of projects but I miss the grimy grungy hard knock deeply constructed tracks RZA used to do back in the day. Not these “Digi” influenced oft kilter sometimes boring tracks such as “Bloody Days Bloody Nights” (Prodigal Sunn Featuring Thea) and others like it that really do enhance the expierence for the listener or even make it worth wild listening too. Overall I’m going to give this an honest 3 out of 5 stars for the fact it has a “Ying and a Yang” type of feeling about where the songs were great yet the other half of the songs were hmm… and doesn’t do anything for the listener. Hopefully better luck next time RZA does an experiment it doesn’t have any bugs in it still.

Overall: 3 out of 5 stars

claaa7
02-20-2009, 06:24 AM
^^ Good reviews Hollow and Sheepish, at first listen I thought the album was like 5/10 tops but I been spinning it more recently and I gotta say it sounds alot better now. many of the songs work better in headphones (just like 8 Diagrams), it's not a bump-in-the-whip album really (except for "Whar").

i'll give it a 7/10 now tops.. could been alot better but still a decent job from RZA.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-20-2009, 11:48 PM
^^ Good reviews Hollow and Sheepish, at first listen I thought the album was like 5/10 tops but I been spinning it more recently and I gotta say it sounds alot better now. many of the songs work better in headphones (just like 8 Diagrams), it's not a bump-in-the-whip album really (except for "Whar").

i'll give it a 7/10 now tops.. could been alot better but still a decent job from RZA.

i feel like this album is a spiritual type of album because of the vibe it gives off from horrid to mellow mood it gives off. it's kind of looking into a cracked mirror, that's what this album reminds me off still bumpable especially "Whar" which i think i've listen too 47 times on my ipod, damn you ghost for killing it hahahahahaha

claaa7
02-21-2009, 06:25 PM
^^ yeah i was thinking the same thing man, "Whar" is a classic Wu-banger and so is "You Already Know" and "Bloody Samurai" plus that last song with the Grindz beat.. teh album is definitely growing on each spin, gotta go cop this soon.

New Hills 36
05-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Good reviews up above. I think it's much better than Digi Snax and a good progression for the new RZA sound. I really like Dead Birds and hope the Achozen album makes it. (Immaculate by Achozen is another Banger imo)

07-11-2009, 05:20 PM
3.4/5 - damn, RZA:no:

Jammin
08-17-2009, 02:15 PM
good review hollow

Illmatic Hispanic
04-25-2010, 11:08 PM
4/5 its decent.. has several standouts.. fukn Rza should of spit on dat " Girl Samurai Lullaby" would of been alot more ill, Feelin that beat alot...

DThayer36
04-26-2010, 11:44 AM
this is a great cd....have had it since it came out and im still spinnin it

claaa7
06-12-2010, 08:22 AM
i've put my favorites from here together with the 6-7 rap tracks from the first "Afro Samurai" soundtrack a while back for my iPod and that way it becomes a damn good album actually. 'Resurrection' suffers from filler material, too much Thea and doesn't flow too well as an album imo. with that being said i still found 10 songs that i really like.

"Combat", "You Never Know", "Whar", "Girl Samurai Lullaby", "Bloody Samurai", "Dead Birds", "Arch Nemesis", "Yellow Jackets", "Take Sword Pt.3" and "Number 1 Samurai" are banging tracks imo. some of these didn't sound all that crazy at first but they have grewn alot on me and all of them are album worthy - the rest 7 songs not so much.