PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl: Cardinals vs Steelers

Visionz
01-22-2009, 10:35 PM
who do you think takes it?

sdeblasi
01-22-2009, 10:39 PM
I think the Cards are gonna take it...im feelin it...but i think Boldin is going to be the reason, Larry's gonna get too much attention and Boldin's gonna go off

Visionz
01-22-2009, 10:42 PM
I think the Cards are gonna take it...im feelin it...but i think Boldin is going to be the reason, Larry's gonna get too much attention and Boldin's gonna go off
Cardinals are potent on offense but the Steelers D ain't no joke

I want the Cardinals to win as I'm a for the underdog kinda guy but it won't be easy. Should be a good game regardless.

Guarded By Martyrs
01-22-2009, 10:45 PM
I want the Cardinals to win.

But I fear the Steelers will.

netscape check two
01-23-2009, 12:33 AM
-The Cardinals already beat the Panthers easily, who were as good or better than the Steelers.
-They beat the Eagles too, who were as good as the Steelers.
-So it wouldn't be a surprise if they win the Super Bowl.

Dick Cheney
01-23-2009, 01:01 AM
-The Cardinals already beat the Panthers easily, who were as good or better than the Steelers.
-They beat the Eagles too, who were as good as the Steelers.
-So it wouldn't be a surprise if they win the Super Bowl.
Statistically speaking the Steelers had the #1 ranked D for the season and play out of a base 3-4 (which is different from every team they've faced)
and Dick LeBeau is only of the leagues best defensive coordinators.

Jake Delhome put up one of the all-time worst playoff performances for a QB

and

Donovan McNabb is Donovan McNabb (for better but in the end not for the best)

so............its not inconceivable that they loose this game either. I don't really care, I'm not a fan of either team I just don't want it to be a blowout.

Anyone know what the odds were on the Cardinals winning the superbowl at the beginning of the year?
________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Art Vandelay
01-23-2009, 05:38 PM
a big thing pittsburgh has going for them is superbowl experience. most of the steelers superbowl team have played in a superbowl before. they know what to expect. arizona doesn't have many players that have been to the big game before except:

kurt warner, although this is the most important position to have experience in
sean morey, but only as a special teamer
jerame tuman
clark hagans who is on injured reserve
roderick hood

teams going to their first superbowl playing another team that has been there before is 4-14

Olive Oil Goombah
01-23-2009, 07:34 PM
PIttsburghes defense is the best Defense the Cardinals will see this year.

But the Cardinal offense will be a huge challegen for them. They are absolutelyon fire right now and Warner has had a huge year. He was robbed of the MVP.

Super Bowl experience???
Lets be honest, the only position that really matters at is QB and Warner has already been MVP of one and been in another.

I think the Cardinals offense actually matches up well against eh blitzing Pissburgh defense.
The Cardinals defense has given up points but they also are aggressive and get alot of turnovers which will be big in this game cuz Roethlkjiojberger likes to turn the ball over.

I like the Cardinals, and not just because i hate the Steelers. I actually think they match up very well on both sides of the ball.

Dirty Knowledge
01-24-2009, 08:34 AM
i got the cards over the steagles.

book it.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2009, 12:18 PM
well, a friend of mine owed me 50 dollars after a couple of college football bets, than he calls me up and says he wants to go double or nothing and he wants the Cardinals straight up.
I couldn't turn that bet down, so now I will be a Steelers fan for the Super Bowl.

Suga Duga
01-29-2009, 12:50 PM
cards

Visionz
01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
well, a friend of mine owed me 50 dollars after a couple of college football bets, than he calls me up and says he wants to go double or nothing and he wants the Cardinals straight up.
I couldn't turn that bet down, so now I will be a Steelers fan for the Super Bowl.tell him you changed your mind and just want the $50 bucks, you know so you can atleast get something out of it.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2009, 01:56 PM
haha...i take it you like the cards.

i did too, but i won a bunch of money off the steelers a few years back on their last Super Bowl run. Hopefully the trend continues.

my boy Santonio Holmes needs a ring.

Visionz
01-29-2009, 02:37 PM
haha...i take it you like the cards.

i did too, but i won a bunch of money off the steelers a few years back on their last Super Bowl run. Hopefully the trend continues.

my boy Santonio Holmes needs a ring.
honestly idk, the Steelers will have to find a way to stop Fitz and at this point idk if that can be done. The Steelers are great creating pressure but the Cards are great at making teams pay when they blitz so they take the Steelers strength and make it a weakness. its a tough match-up.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Cardinal's on the strenf of Ben Graham and his 85 meter kick in's for the Geelong football club.

11th Chamber
01-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Cardinal's on the strenf of Ben Graham and his 85 meter kick in's for the Geelong football club.

^^^ no one has any idea what that even means.

But I got Steelers. I think they'll break the Arizona O-line and give Warner hell all game, thus not giving the recievers time to make there routes work

netscape check two
01-29-2009, 02:51 PM
11th Chamber, why didn't you save that 93 year old guy?

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
lol at people thinking a good offense will count for anything in a superbowl this year

most important is the tight D of pisstburgh, thats what will will the game

cardinals wont be able to produce that offense on the day, you watch

on the big day, its alot easier for a great D team to get it right, than it is for a pretty good O team to get it right.

plus steelers wont be as jittery as the cardinals ARE going to be, especially on D

Visionz
01-29-2009, 02:57 PM
^^^ no one has any idea what that even means.

But I got Steelers. I think they'll break the Arizona O-line and give Warner hell all game, thus not giving the recievers time to make there routes work
the only thing with that is Fitz being able to out jump anyone on the deep balls so as long as Warner's got time to heave the ball in his general direction its gonna make for some big plays.

The Steelers got the #1 ranked D in the league for a reason though and LeBeau's is one of the best coordinators in the NFL so if there's anyone to figure out how to stop the Cards its them. Should make for a great game.

11th Chamber
01-29-2009, 03:16 PM
11th Chamber, why didn't you save that 93 year old guy?

save that for 93 year old guy?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-29-2009, 04:16 PM
haha