PDA

View Full Version : Revelations discussion part 2

TSA
01-22-2009, 10:02 PM
i know i made one of the the same subject but faggots are forgeting.

anyways, what i wanna discuss is that fact that ppl that PROFESS they're not christian, to the tee, atheists even that denounce christianity and religion for the bullshit nature of the whole thing have NO problem quoting, refering to, or taking literal the words in Revelations the book that is by fact

1. the most bullshitty part of the bible
2. the most irrational part of the bible
3. the most "dude i added this as a bonus track for your ipod playlist part"

and to top it all off the most anti "religion duz nuttin buht deevide", agnostics, atheists and ppl that changed their religion into something unconventional for self esteem issues seem to be the only ppl in society can constantly refer to the bullshit in revelations as fact of things to come

talk of anti-christs, 666, whores of babylon, the apocolypse, the end of days, and so forth.

i think it's hypocritical. If Jesus isn't Christ, a man sent by god to humanity, then why the fuck are you concerned about someone being 'anti-christ'? aren't YOU anti-christ for the most part?

If you don't believe in the devil why is 666 a significant number?

i just think dismissing all the bible and accepting the most dismisable part, a pattern made by every poppa wu enlightened conspiracy fag alive, is hypocritical and embarassing. And you fags thought i was ignorant cause i wouldn't buy records that don't sell

NAME ONE DOPE WU ALBUM THAT FLOPPED FAGGOT.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&fkt=407&fsdt=11657&q=community+college+in+your+area&aq=f&oq=

Sky Blue Danny Kid
01-22-2009, 10:05 PM
I agree with the entire post

But I lol'd when I clicked on the link.

diggy
01-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Nobody has to be christian to quote the bible. They may see truth in the quote, but not other quotes.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
01-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Nobody has to be christian to quote the bible. They may see truth in the quote, but not other quotes; nobody has to believe everything that is written in the bible.

I agree with studying the bible and trying to draw from it with an open mind.

But when people pick and choose what suits them and their preconceived notions, it is not productive.

Do the people who quote certain parts of the bible want to learn and expand their minds, or are they simply twisting words and taking things out of context to support what they already believe?

diggy
01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I agree with studying the bible and trying to draw from it with an open mind.

But when people pick and choose what suits them and their preconceived notions, it is not productive.

Do the people who quote certain parts of the bible want to learn and expand their minds, or are they simply twisting words and taking things out of context to support what they already believe?

Good point.

I think if a certain quote from the bible needs no more explanation to make one comprehend what it means (it is a clear and concise verse with obvious meaning) then one has the right to quote it as long as they understand it and they are not misleading one with it.

But if a person is taking an incomplete quote and attributing a strange meaning to it, then I have a problem with that.

Visionz
01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Nobody has to be christian to quote the bible. They may see truth in the quote, but not other quotes.as its all purely prophetic in approach nothing in Revelations is "Truth"

in the "love your neighbor as yourself" kind of way

I think the argument TSA presents is a very valid one. Also something people forget is perspective when talking about Revelations.

I'm sure for many in Iraq the end of the world is already upon them, locust with lions heads and all.

http://www.combatreform.com/AH64flyingtigerapachedesertstorm.jpg

diggy
01-22-2009, 10:17 PM
as its all purely prophetic in approach nothing in Revelations is "Truth"

in the "love your neighbor as yourself" kind of way

I think the argument TSA presents is a very valid one. Also something people forget is perspective when talking about Revelations.

I'm sure for many in Iraq the end of the world is already upon them, locust with lions heads and all.

Speaking of the book of revelations, I would not quote a part of that book and claim to understand it cuz it is too full of symbolism which is very subjective.

Many people give different interpretations of revelations which is a problem. Which interpretation is the truth?

Visionz
01-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Speaking of the book of revelations, I would not quote a part of that book and claim to understand it cuz it is too full of symbolism which is very subjective.

Many people give different interpretations of revelations which is a problem. Which interpretation is the truth?

as far as any universal truths go, not many and maybe none (regarding Revelations). It may very well contain things that will come true but that truth wouldn't be the case if you traveled 8 universes away.

I feel loving your neighbor as yourself would still apply.

diggy
01-22-2009, 10:27 PM
as far as any universal truths go, not many and maybe none (regarding Revelations). It may very well contain things that will come true but that truth wouldn't be the case if you traveled 8 universes away.

I feel loving your neighbor as yourself would still apply.

Yup.

LORD NOSE
01-22-2009, 11:14 PM
this clears it all up

74ksF39L6mM

diggy
01-22-2009, 11:28 PM
LMAO

I should not have laughed, but I had to.

TSA
01-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Good point.

I think if a certain quote from the bible needs no more explanation to make one comprehend what it means (it is a clear and concise verse with obvious meaning) then one has the right to quote it as long as they understand it and they are not misleading one with it.

But if a person is taking an incomplete quote and attributing a strange meaning to it, then I have a problem with that.

if your not a christian then the quoting the bible should hold the exact same weight as quoting Dr. Suess.

what if i tried to prove Obama was the a whoo from whooville using quotes from Sam I Am?

that would be fucking retarded. why? cause if you believe christianity is bullshit then don't quote it's 'truths', bullshit is bullshit.

a million gays will say the bible has been corrupted over time but will use references from it like 666 and america being babylon in the same breath

on top of that revelations was WAY after jesus the rest were just after, and it's the only book trying to READ THE FUCKING FUTURE

how are you not gonna believe Jesus Christ died for your sins but believe EVERYONE ON EARTH WILL HAVE 666 ON THEIR HEAD AND FOUR FLAMING NIGGAS ON HORSES WILL FLY IN AND EVERYONE WILL DIE.

all with SEVEN HEADED BEASTS eat people.

if your not a christian why is quoting this more rational then refering to the grinch plotting to ruin 10 times 10 christmas'.

WHAT IF NONE OF THEM ARE TRUE. why would you even debate it if your not a christian?

"Its a wonder which christmas the grinch will steal...10? 11? 2012? idk the book is so vague"

^see how retarded that shit looked?

I remember watching that zieghiest movie talking about how christianity is bullshit then trying to use the numbers 666, and pentagrams to prove other stuff.

its mindblowing really.

TSA
01-22-2009, 11:42 PM
ok look at KTL right now

Synonogoogue of Satan?

what the fuck is a satan to a non christian? why would i believe someone in a fellowship for satan is bad unless i believe in satan and his badness?

if someone started The Grinch Club, would i instantly decided that everyone there is grumpy? would i decide ANYTHING about them due to the fact that its a fictious character with no weight in the real world?

diggy
01-22-2009, 11:47 PM
if your not a christian then the quoting the bible should hold the exact same weight as quoting Dr. Suess.

what if i tried to prove Obama was the a whoo from whooville using quotes from Sam I Am?

There is no comparison between the bible and Dr. Suess.

If you're gonna make a comparison between 2 things, make sure they have a thing in common.

what the fuck is a satan to a non christian?

FYI, people other than Christians believe in satan.

TSA
01-22-2009, 11:50 PM
unless you regard the words in the bible as somehow divine then there is literally no difference between then except length author and subject matter. but that's it. If your not a christian it should just be a book, a good book maybe, a fuckin great book, but billions of ppl will say The Cat In The Hat is a great book.

they are similar unless you're christian.

but you or the person that posted it aren't in any of those religions, so the arguement remains

unless you can tell me the religion you belong to and if there's a satan myth then its whatev. until then, fuck.

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-22-2009, 11:55 PM
@ TSA...

...is this topic the reason you asked me if I was a christian after I posted where it says "synagogue of Satan" in the bible?

samtheseed
01-23-2009, 07:39 AM
unless you regard the words in the bible as somehow divine then there is literally no difference between then except length author and subject matter. but that's it. If your not a christian it should just be a book, a good book maybe, a fuckin great book, but billions of ppl will say The Cat In The Hat is a great book.

they are similar unless you're christian.

but you or the person that posted it aren't in any of those religions, so the arguement remains

unless you can tell me the religion you belong to and if there's a satan myth then its whatev. until then, fuck.
C'mon. The Bible in so deeply engrained in the way most people think spiritually. Its the moral fabric of most free nations. And Non-Christians may not believe in it, but it still affects their lives more than other religious beliefs affect Christians.The Cat in the Hat is not held to a fraction of a degree in comparison. No one will agree with you that the any book, let alone the Cat in the Hat, influences people more than the Bible.

The quality that the Bible holds is not whether or not it is Divine, but rather how many people BELIEVE it to be. Especially people who are influencing the world on a grand scale. Thats why Revelations is scary. It really is so far-fetched and illogical, but because its the tail end of this book that most everyone believes is true, mankind will almost definately steer towards a similar end if they keep following the Bible as religion. And thats why, even if it seem like a tacked on scare-device, we still shouldn't dismiss it as Biblical hoo-haw. People just belive its this unavoidable self-fulfilling prophecy.

We should all pay attention to archetypes like the Four Horsemen and the AntiChrist, but should focus on how to not make this prophecy come true. Most people I know who believe in Christ believe NO prophecy is guaranteed to happen. I just don't God would put us here and tell us what will happen indefinately. I think we all should look at Revelations as just a very real possibility.

diggy
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
C'mon. The Bible in so deeply engrained in the way most people think spiritually. Its the moral fabric of most free nations. And Non-Christians may not believe in it, but it still affects their lives more than other religious beliefs affect Christians.The Cat in the Hat is not held to a fraction of a degree in comparison. No one will agree with you that the any book, let alone the Cat in the Hat, influences people more than the Bible.

The quality that the Bible holds is not whether or not it is Divine, but rather how many people BELIEVE it to be. Especially people who are influencing the world on a grand scale. Thats why Revelations is scary. It really is so far-fetched and illogical, but because its the tail end of this book that most everyone believes is true, mankind will almost definately steer towards a similar end if they keep following the Bible as religion. And thats why, even if it seem like a tacked on scare-device, we still shouldn't dismiss it as Biblical hoo-haw. People just belive its this unavoidable self-fulfilling prophecy.

We should all pay attention to archetypes like the Four Horsemen and the AntiChrist, but should focus on how to not make this prophecy come true. Most people I know who believe in Christ believe NO prophecy is guaranteed to happen. I just don't God would put us here and tell us what will happen indefinately. I think we all should look at Revelations as just a very real possibility.

Tru.

WARPATH
01-23-2009, 02:29 PM
this clears it all up

74ksF39L6mM

Oh shit, this shit is too much. LMAO

Mumm Ra
01-23-2009, 08:23 PM
ok look at KTL right now

Synonogoogue of Satan?

what the fuck is a satan to a non christian? why would i believe someone in a fellowship for satan is bad unless i believe in satan and his badness?

exactly! what the fuck IS satan to a non-christian??
You don't know. Unless they explain it to you, so ridiculing them based on not knowing what they're talking about is pretty ignorant.
the bible is just a book, it's not a christian book, which it seems you've been equating the two in this thread
I don't see what's wrong with people using it, and from my experience non-christians usually use it against the true-believer's anyway

I can't say too much more on it though it kinda depends on the individual circumstance on how the quotes are being used
peace

Koolish
01-23-2009, 10:38 PM
there's only one real issue with revelations, that's people taking it to be what's actually going to happen. that there will be a literal beast rising from the sea and all that. in the book of revelations they talk about how the 10 horns of the beast represent the 10 kings, or ten nations, so that pretty much confirms none of it is supposed to be literal. the thing is, revelations isn't the only apocalyptic book in the Bible, a lot of people forget that.

TSA
01-23-2009, 11:57 PM
what if the writer literally meant ever word of it.

Koolish
01-24-2009, 06:18 PM
it probably wouldn't be in the Bible.

TSA
01-24-2009, 09:02 PM
yeah it will..that's why it is.

Mumm Ra
01-25-2009, 06:17 AM
then that writer had a mental disorder
or an evil plot

diggy
01-25-2009, 07:17 PM
^^tru

critical thinking:

What is the objective of the book of revelations?

Who wrote it?

Was he sane?

Where did the inspiration for revelations come from (god or the devil or some hash)?

Does revelations have any authority (why should one believe what is said in it)?

Do you understand revelations?

Koolish
01-25-2009, 10:14 PM
a lot of people say that religious experiences/visions are produced from drugs, but what kind of drug gives you experiences like this?

acid wasn't created until the 20th century, magic mushrooms don't produce effects like this (as far as i know), salvia was limited to pretty much western shamans, DMT probably first appeared with ayahuasca, and that's only in the amazon. so what kind of drug would have given these middle eastern prophets/etc. these visions?

Mumm Ra
01-26-2009, 07:02 AM
magic mushrooms can

TSA
01-26-2009, 09:51 AM
or just have a human beings imagination.

Koolish
01-26-2009, 10:21 AM
what literature outside of religious books have similar creative ideas/depictions?

prof zooruka
01-26-2009, 06:58 PM
revelations is true...and one day the world will finally see that its truth !

peace

Prolifical ENG
01-26-2009, 07:36 PM
I have seen this happening. It isn't really a bad thing but in most KTL contexts it gets confusing. That's because there are many people that aren't apart of any religions but study as many religions as possible to find common truths within them.

That means it's hard to take someones bible quote unless all KTL people went through these pieces of literature that they initially call bullshit and highlight the parts they think is true to know a complex belief system.

Or unless you quote 1 religious source, you should quote at least 2 others that say the same thing and explain how you took the context.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-26-2009, 08:53 PM
the Bible and revelations is highly metaphoric and open to a varying degree of interpretations.

Alot of the disaster they write about human being may well have already lived thru and interpreted in these types of ways because they didn't actually know the reasons for why these things happen.

I've read the whole Bible and it was a great read. Very inspiring, historical, beautifully symbolic.
To each his own. The thing is that people will have extreme interpretations. Does that make them wrong???
Who am i to say, I didn't write it.

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-26-2009, 10:05 PM
^^^

...one could argue that certain interpretations are wrong if they lead to violence, racism, sexism (any prejudice I guess) war, genocide etc etc.

SHEM HETEP

Olive Oil Goombah
01-26-2009, 11:15 PM
yes