01-23-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers_large/CHR3004CD.jpg

1. You Can't Keep a Good Man Down [Part One]
2. Savage Life
3. Three Knives (Featuring Lounge-Lo)
4. Walk With Me (Featuring Joey Lee)
5. Do You Remember?
6. That Staten Island Shit
7. Stories (Featuring 3rd Diglah/Jo Jo Pellegrino)
8. Life's a Gamble (Featuring Ratchet/Raekwon)
9. Hustle and Flow
10. You Can't Keep a Good Man Down [Part Two]
11. Pistachio (Featuring Lugar/King Just/Lounge-Lo)
12. Grungy (Featuring G-Clef Da Mad Komposa)
13. What's Really Up?
14. Da Vorzon (Featuring Lounge-Lo)
15. Somebody's Got To Go (Featuring Lounge-Lo/Ghetto Philharmonic)
16. Fire (Featuring Masta Killa)
17. Speed Knotz Featuring Percise)
18. Stay Shining
19. You Can't Keep a Good Man Down [Part Three]

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-23-2009, 04:30 PM
i'll be reviewing this soon, but so far i like what i hear

INF
01-23-2009, 04:36 PM
The first listen wasnt so great for me but I spun this one more time last night and it was straight. I would say its average or a lil above maybe but I would have to listen again and critique. I'll be back to leave an opinion in review later for my third listen.

Deity Allah
01-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Fire has been on constant rotation since I heard the snippet :spin:

food for thought
01-24-2009, 10:33 PM
yo i been listening to a few tracks on youtube

the sound quality sounds terrible

it sounds like niggas made this in their moms basement

is that how all yall's copies sound?

FasterBlade
01-24-2009, 11:07 PM
poo

beats are awful, and his rhymes are tard-level these days. he needs to stop making solos and beg Ghost to do more Theodore joints

TSA
01-24-2009, 11:13 PM

FasterBlade
01-24-2009, 11:30 PM
the joint w/ MK is pretty ill, but that samples been used mad times. most recently by Buckwild for Game's Like Father Like Son

ive always admired what chambermusik does, but they do have some sound quality issues on alot of releases. the general volume level seems off at times

Jin10304
01-25-2009, 03:21 AM
I agree, hes easily drowned out by the horns on Somebodys Got 2 Go

food for thought
01-25-2009, 03:53 AM
wack, son !!1

GhettoGnom
01-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Great album, production was great. I don't understand how people can say this is wack while saying the new afro samurai is dope. Like... whaT?

portis24
01-26-2009, 05:23 PM
pretty good album tracks i like
savage life
lifes a gamble
three knives
hustle and flow
pistachio
da vorzon
somebody's got to go
fire
stay shining

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Cappadonna, the slang expert only next to Ghost and Raekwon in the department of that style and over the years he’s laced allot of ill joints from his verses on Only Built 4 Cuban Links to his more recent work with the rest of the clan on “8 Diagrams” album. Cappadonna has been consistent even wit a lag into between albums such as “The Struggle” (2003) to last years indie project “The Cappatilize Project” (2008) to his newest jump off that is “Slang Prosetution”. In a way since 2003 I’d call it a re-birth of Cappa because wit the classic that is “The Pillage” under his belt it seems he’s been striving to recreate that success yet this album seems as if it’s not in that league and thus striving it’s own path.

With Cap dropping jewels on such joints like “Somebody’s Got to Go” with lyrics like:

Aiyo, my thoughts jump around like a dog in a river
The heat I deliver, the beat, I get rid of To send him,
I hit 'em when I'mma getter, The fat rhyme spitter,
heavy with the flow Somebody got to go,
somebody got to know I blow a mic,
flow's are getting closer
Caught up in the ponder rosa, chrome toaster
Five broker, face poker African rice, fish head, a little ocra
I get folker, Staten Oprah, CD poster
He's a vulture, knowledge culture
Eat kosher, end of the day, do what I'm 'posed ta Somebody got to go
I get closer, the show roaster Lounge'll rope ya,
Stone Gang niggas'll smoke ya Somebody gotta gosta!

It’s not hard to see his project straight talk that isn’t all convoluted by wack beats and wacker lyrics this is something from a grown man as to what proposed to be dope music other rappers in NY and other areas are releasing. For the most part the album is strong, soulful yet it has the strength but it lacks the grit of “The Pillage”. Now as Wu fan it’s not hard to hate but when you sit wit this album wit songs like “That Staten Island Shit”, “Life's a Gamble” ft. Raekwon & Ratchet that all go hard one after another. But then you have others that are very hard yet have hard knock trunk potential but the bad singing on “Do You Remember” kills the joint still remaining as a “guilty pleasure of the album” this album is by now where limiting as it sounds it’s a still grimy yet it seems almost too polished but the features and allot of the unknown producers lends a slight hardness that “The Struggle” lacked yet his previous recent effort suffered the same fate as being not as ill. But on the other hand with an strong opening with a song like “You Can't Keep a Good Man Down Part I” it’s hard to ignore Cappa’s growth even if their aren’t allot of Wu Members or any Wu production either such as RZA, the album has a strong cohesion at it’s core.

Overall Cappadonna is one of the most misconstrued clan members because he can come off very dope such as “Fire” ft. Masta Killa or similarly bad such as “Do You Remember”. So as this review goes I’m going to give him a measly 3 out of 5 stars because it’s a gift bag that feels randomly good and bad at the same time it’s hard enough for the grimy to rally behind and personal enough for the lyrical heads to love, I’m just was expecting more.

3 out of 5 stars

11th Chamber
01-27-2009, 01:43 AM
I'll b coppin this tomarrow prolly at Best Buy

I'll give it my first listen then (I dont check leaks, for shit im buying)

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-27-2009, 01:53 AM
I'm Copping This Friday Along Wit Afro It's Gotta Be The Wu Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rame
01-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Those guys at Chambermusik are fast, I received it within 4 days.

I don't know what the artwork has to do with ''Slang Prostitution'' but it looks good.

I'm listening for the first time now, sounds really good.

Give it a chance.

11th Chamber
01-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Of course Best Buy didnt have it.

Altho they had Cappatalize Project when that dropped

Guess im waiting til the summertime then

Rame
01-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Why don't you order it at Chambermusik?

11th Chamber
01-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Why don't you order it at Chambermusik?

im gonna be gone for 4 months coming up this week, so its pointless to order somthing thats gonna come when im not here

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Those guys at Chambermusik are fast, I received it within 4 days.

I don't know what the artwork has to do with ''Slang Prostitution'' but it looks good.

I'm listening for the first time now, sounds really good.

Give it a chance.

yeah they are i got my cilvaringz from them within the same week i ordered it

Rame
01-28-2009, 02:37 PM
im gonna be gone for 4 months coming up this week, so its pointless to order somthing thats gonna come when im not here

I see.

Erquel
01-29-2009, 12:00 PM
all i got to say right now is that Somebody's Got To Go is insaaaaane
slang muthafuckin gargoyles
craaazy
ll drop a review later

Montreal_Method
01-30-2009, 09:14 AM
This album is the fking truth right now !!! Far away better then Protools or Afro samurai!

Savage life is so dope

insane album that all

pmack215
01-30-2009, 09:51 AM

uhhh........bad or good? (positive or negative?)??

baby jesus
01-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah This Album Is Dope Production Is Pretty Good Its Just An Enjoyable Album Cappa Lost Something Lyrically But That Doesnt Really Hold The Album Back.

Savage Life
Do You Remeber
Three Knives
Lifes A Gamble
Da Vorzon
Pistachio
Whats Really Up
Fire
Somethings Got To Go
All Have Been Getting Repeated Play By Me.

Montreal_Method
01-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Savage life is pretty dope... best track of that crazy album i think

Rame
01-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Be sure to support by copping the cd.

J-DON
01-31-2009, 03:03 PM
C'mon, just because a wu CD has a few good beats at the tail end is no reason to start praising it. The rhymes are GOD AWFUL on this album. Shit is a 6/10.

food for thought
01-31-2009, 03:32 PM
i heard a couple of tracks off the leaked joint and the sound quality is terrible, un-mastered or someshit.

how does the orginal CD sound?

does it still sound like they put it together in their moms basement?

check two
01-31-2009, 03:52 PM
^^ Still lives in his mom's basement, so he would know what that sounds like.

food for thought
01-31-2009, 04:18 PM
lol

that was a good one, check poo

fyi i moved out at 15, holmes

bask in the radiance.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
01-31-2009, 04:20 PM
SO, has anybody bought this album, and if so, do you recommend that i buy it?

sarr
02-02-2009, 01:53 AM
yu gota be crazy to say this wasnt crazy.

banger...very suprised by it...only about 3 tracks i didnt like.

sarr
02-02-2009, 01:56 AM
SO, has anybody bought this album, and if so, do you recommend that i buy it?

buy it....if you dont like it ill give you my address you can kick the shit outa me..

only tracks 4 and 5 i skip

Rame
02-02-2009, 02:53 AM
i heard a couple of tracks off the leaked joint and the sound quality is terrible, un-mastered or someshit.

how does the orginal CD sound?

does it still sound like they put it together in their moms basement?

Same quality as any album you find in stores.

gerardoletal
02-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Can someone tell me how the productions on this album sound? I mean are they classic vintage wu-tang/Rza sound or some corny wack synth beat.

Really would like to hear a more elaborated review track by track as i think cappa is awful nowadays but u guys are surprising me with ur positive reviews

Thx.

Jin10304
02-02-2009, 04:10 AM
I mean are they classic vintage wu-tang/Rza sound or some corny wack synth beat.

Umm maybe 1 or 2. Definitely not classic Wu/RZA beats. Best Wu-ish sounding shit is Da Vorzon or Somebodys Got To Go

sarr
02-02-2009, 04:52 AM
some beats have a classic feel to em.

savage life for example....and somebody's gota go and stay shinnin. man album is full of great beats...trust me

RynMur
02-04-2009, 05:17 AM
After about 4 more listens, I find this album suprisngly good. I wasn’t really expecting this album to have great hooks, but the beats aren’t that bad. The cons of the album: unnecessary appearances, quality is bad on a few tracks (sounds like the mic is not equalized), cap gets lazy with his flow & lyrics on a few songs, accapella 3 is the exact same as acapella 1 (but edited wtf!). The pros: better than the cappatalize project, masta killa rips fire, better beats than expected, only 4 skip tracks.

Top 5: Savage Life, Life’s A Gamble, Somebody’s Got To Go (fav), Fire, Stay Shining

Grade: (3.3/5) B- (slighty better than afro samurai; resurrection)

portis24
02-04-2009, 08:33 AM
^about the acapellas chambermusik admitted they made a mistake putting two of the same on there.supposedly you can go to there website and download the track that was supposed to be on album

Dirty Knowledge
02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Just got the album only bumped a few tracks but so far, pretty good. The bass on some tracks hit hard. I guess the bass from 8 Diagrams found itsway on Slang Pros...least on a few joints.

tommysparks
02-09-2009, 01:49 PM
I gotta check this out and cop that afro piece also

check two
02-19-2009, 07:36 PM
The album is decent, but the Pillage is definitely better. I wouldn't say that there are many songs that I would skip on the album. Though, there aren't enough break out, hyped up songs either. The weakest song is 'That Staten Island Shit'. Also, I think instead of having some songs that are barely over 2 minutes, they should have cut down on the total number of songs. By the way, how could the same skit be put on the album twice? lol Like, I don't see how those kinda of mistakes can happen before putting out the product. I've noticed over the years how there a lot of mis spellings of artists, putting songs in the wrong order, putting the wrong track length for songs. What's up with that? smh

Jin10304
02-19-2009, 07:59 PM
"how could the same skit be put on the album twice? "

That problem was fixed on other pressings of the record

Holocaust
04-08-2010, 03:16 AM
3.5/5