PDA

View Full Version : Anger Problems.

Cee Oh Vee
01-25-2009, 05:24 AM
Yo I don't want to sound like some whiny kid or whatever but I just feel like I should get this stuff off my chest and maybe get some advice.

I get angry really easily, but usually over trivial things; I can see that and I fully accept it. I get pissed off over things such as, looking forward to something but getting let down (I don't mean not getting my own way, that's completely different), plans changing, not getting a straight answer from people, or someone being 'moody' with me.

But usually, a few of these things happen over a period of time and it all builds up. I get myself into a state where I have so much anger inside but I have no way of letting it out, which pisses me off even more.

I never start sobbing or anything, like not how I would if I was upset, ya understand? But like, tears stream down my face and I get really hot. I never start throwing things around or break stuff - I really feel like doing it but I know it's just silly and I wont achieve anything by it. But I clench my fists and just really don't know what to do with myself. The thing is, I never behave like this AROUND people, I just get like this when I'm by myself.

It's happened on a regular basis over the past few months and its getting to me. I realise I just need to chill out but it just isn't that easy.

Thanks for listening, well reading - if you did.

peace

Mumm Ra
01-25-2009, 06:13 AM
knowledge of self will fix all that completely
you say you understand that throwing things wont achieve anything, well accept the fact that getting angry over anything wont solve anything either
you have the choice to be angry or not, so don't be
learn to love yourself and your time on this earth regardless of circumstance, which is another way of saying get knowledge of self once again
don't look outside of your self so much
listen to wu-tang really loudly
have sex with women. or don't, as they'll probably annoy you more
peace
I haven't felt anger in years

Cee Oh Vee
01-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Knowledge of Self is important as knowledge of the self is knowledge of Allah. I understand this.

Some good advice there, although I'm not too keen on Wu-Tang, and I ain't married yet so no sex.

Thanks man, peace.

Mumm Ra
01-25-2009, 07:11 AM
well if you truly know yourself then you wouldn't have any of these problems in the first place. It's impossible.
to add on: put your breathing patterns in check.
if you're angry that means you have tension and irregular breathing in your upper chest. just relax and breathe long, regular breaths and focus on relaxing those muscles. And ignore any images of you being angry, or thoughts of. Even the thought of "I wish I wasn't angry" isn't going to do any good. Just ignore that shit.
[edit] if you don't generate the physical attributes attached to an emotion you wont generate the emotion, simple as that.
hope that helps at all peace I'm goin to bed

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-25-2009, 08:00 AM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings...

...good stuff from Lucid.

Also, you may have an imbalance or stagnation of energy in your liver, or problems with your liver. This also may have it's roots in problems with your kidney energy judging by the fact that you don't show the emotion around people, which may be because you worry (fear) what others think of you (fear has it's origin in the Kidneys).

Will write more after I get some sleep...

SHEM HETEP

Charles Barry
01-25-2009, 01:03 PM
The fact that you actually reflect on this is a step in the right direction. Whenever I know I'm having an irrational emotion or thought I ask myself, "is this really worth bugging out over?" 9 times out of 10 it isn't and I get myself in check. Anger is a natural, but it should never control you.

Koolish
01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
do you smoke weed cee? i know it mellowed me the fuck out.

HANZO
01-25-2009, 06:59 PM
i find the best way to channel my anger was to let it all out in the gym. when i got really angry at something, i would head straight to the gym and take it out on the weights or a punching bag.

diggy
01-25-2009, 07:11 PM
The world does not revolve around us. We are like an ant in comparison to the universe.

Learn to adapt to circumstances more. Stop thinking about how angry you are and get busy with something productive.

Guarded By Martyrs
01-25-2009, 07:30 PM
I used to get really angry just like you...
But I would smash stuff up and punch doors.
I'd call that "blind fury" so already you could be worse off.
And like Charles Barry said, the fact you have recognized the problem is very good.

You really should look at fixing the problems that cause you to feel this way
Instead of focussing on the anger aspect itself.
I know that once I sorted out the things that made me break stuff it was done with.
Knowlegde of self I belive is what people call this ?

As you said you only do this when your alone...
I would say you are probably thinking too much about the things that piss you off
And your mind will focus on these things untill you learn to control them.
What you need is an outlet, for myself I focussed my anger into my hobby : Drawing
When you start to feel like it's too much to cope with...
Do something, anything, don't sit there and let it get the better of you.

Smoking weed and going to the gym are quick fixes.
But they might be the solution for you ?
If not then you need to learn to master your mind and your anger will be supressed.
Cut the root not the branch, because the branch will just grow back.

Honestly...the issue isn't the anger it's the things that make you feel this way
Like gritting your teeth, without gritting your teeth, try and learn to let things go.

Peace

Wooly Noggins
01-25-2009, 09:22 PM
you act like this cause you gets no pussy

true story

Cee Oh Vee
01-26-2009, 11:44 AM
well if you truly know yourself then you wouldn't have any of these problems in the first place. It's impossible.
to add on: put your breathing patterns in check.
if you're angry that means you have tension and irregular breathing in your upper chest. just relax and breathe long, regular breaths and focus on relaxing those muscles. And ignore any images of you being angry, or thoughts of. Even the thought of "I wish I wasn't angry" isn't going to do any good. Just ignore that shit.
[edit] if you don't generate the physical attributes attached to an emotion you wont generate the emotion, simple as that.
hope that helps at all peace I'm goin to bed

Yeah, I get ya. But I ain't saying I have gained knowledge of self, because I know I haven't, I was just agreeing that that is what has to be done.

Thanks man.

I used to get really angry just like you...
But I would smash stuff up and punch doors.
I'd call that "blind fury" so already you could be worse off.
And like Charles Barry said, the fact you have recognized the problem is very good.

You really should look at fixing the problems that cause you to feel this way
Instead of focussing on the anger aspect itself.
I know that once I sorted out the things that made me break stuff it was done with.
Knowlegde of self I belive is what people call this ?

As you said you only do this when your alone...
I would say you are probably thinking too much about the things that piss you off
And your mind will focus on these things untill you learn to control them.
What you need is an outlet, for myself I focussed my anger into my hobby : Drawing
When you start to feel like it's too much to cope with...
Do something, anything, don't sit there and let it get the better of you.

Smoking weed and going to the gym are quick fixes.
But they might be the solution for you ?
If not then you need to learn to master your mind and your anger will be supressed.
Cut the root not the branch, because the branch will just grow back.

Honestly...the issue isn't the anger it's the things that make you feel this way
Like gritting your teeth, without gritting your teeth, try and learn to let things go.

Peace

Yeah.. I mean, this applies to some of the other posts too, I'm not always angry. No where near that. I am relatively happy most of the time, it's just when I do get angry, I really get angry. It's just I can't do nothing about it.

Plus, I just want to say I ain't smoking no weed either. Done that shit and I done got pussy before - but like I said that was before. And I can't see how that will help me.

Thanks though guys. Any more post will be more than welcome.

peace

LORD NOSE
01-27-2009, 02:52 AM
I just want to say I ain't smoking no weed either. Done that shit and I done got pussy before -

got pussy before doesn't equal getting pussy

big difference

drippie k
01-27-2009, 05:51 AM
i got a friend who has anger issues too, but he kicks park benches with his shins whenever he feels he was gonna flip out and he's usually ready to go after that...better than cutting yourself i guess

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-27-2009, 08:03 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings Cee Oh Vee...

you act like this cause you gets no pussy

true story

Don't sleep on this comment.

... and I done got pussy before - but like I said that was before. And I can't see how that will help me.

It may not seem like it has anything to do with your problem, but it is probably the most insightful comment yet. Especially given that you also wrote this:

I'm not always angry. No where near that. I am relatively happy most of the time, it's just when I do get angry, I really get angry. It's just I can't do nothing about it.

I'm not suggesting you have to go get some regular pussy to curb your anger problems, your choices are your own and I respect them completely, but you should look into gaining an understanding of things like your Life Force, Creative Powers, Sexual Energies and Sexual Desires etc. to understand what is involved in celibacy and what effects it has on your spirit.

Unless Sunny wants to drop some science and expound on his comments I might go into it a bit more a little later on.

SHEM HETEP

Unless

LORD NOSE
03-08-2009, 12:55 PM
I might go into it a bit more a little later on.

SHEM HETEP

Unless

please do

Memory Man
03-08-2009, 02:27 PM
you guys have all given some good advice. here's another option that might seem silly at first: meditate. it can often give you the perspective needed to have more control over your thoughts and emotions. you should also get some pussy.

IrOnMaN
03-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Today was a good and bad day.

After work, I stopped by the library to chill out because I just got off from work. I ran into someone who I usually associate with a lot. The conversation started about the economy. I told him the reason why our economy is so bad is because it started with the mortgage companies. This is what I told him: "It start with mortgage companies approving home loans to people who couldn't afford them. Many people who made under $20,000-$30,000 a year were applying for home loans that they knew they couldn't pay back, but they were approved anyway. Then wall street and banks got involved with the loans (investing into them), buying them and turning them in bonds. They were making great money until it all collapsed because the people who took out the home loans couldn't afford to pay them. As a result, homes went up for foreclosure, wall street crumbled, the big banks went bankrupted, the whole thing with AIG, etc."

He told me I was wrong. He says to me that the main reason why our economy is bad is because the "baby boomers" aren't spending because they're saving for their retirement. I told him I don't think that's correct. Then we go on and discuss some other issues regarding the economy. And that's when things got nasty. He says he is right and I'm wrong. Then he starts twisting my words by saying that I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm like "ok".

He asked me "What is an economic system?" Huh? I said to him "I know what it is. You don't think I know what an economy system is? Whatever!" Then he goes on saying that I should do more research on America's economy system because I don't know what I'm talking about. The whole conversation was horrible. I asked him "Ok, if I'm wrong, explain all the foreclosures?" He looks at me and says "Foreclosure? What are you talking about? You are not making any sense. What? Explain yourself, please. I hate being someone else's mind. Think, okay? What are you trying to say?"

Are you serious? I don't know how to think or talk? Then he starts cursing at me and asks me to leave. I respected his wish and left. Was I wrong about everything?

When I got home, I was thinking about killing this guy, seriously. IT WAS THAT BAD! I even walked back to the library to see if he was there so I could get back at him. He saw me and kept walking. Him and I are enemies from this day forward.

Now, I'm trying to keep myself cool because if I see the guy, I might go off. Fuck if he's 6'4. I don't know how to vent my anger in a way that is normal. Usually when I'm in a heated conversation, I won't say anything, just an angry look or I'll walk away. When I get angry, it's usually in a VERY VIOLENT AND LOUD way. I'd start punching things, cursing, yelling, etc. People always make me out to be the bad guy. This has happen to me a lot.

diggy
12-26-2011, 12:43 PM
^^hahahahaha

I find, that politics, religion, ethnicity... these convos are mostly divisive.