PDA

View Full Version : Fast food places outsourcing drive through window jobs to call centers?

check two
01-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Instead of workers at the drive through window taking your order, they got people at call centers? lol

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=4226712&cl=11720913&src=news

EAGLE EYE
01-27-2009, 12:54 AM
you gotta be kidding me

check two
01-27-2009, 01:01 AM
No, it's for real. And I could have sworn I saw Charles Jones taking a call at one of the call centers. Moving on up...

11th Chamber
01-27-2009, 01:22 AM
I actually see more fuck-ups on orders happening with this set-up

NIGHT MAYOR
01-27-2009, 05:28 AM
^ no shit, i have enough trouble asking why i was over charged on my last phone bill let alone asking for "double beef and cheese with extra cheese and a large fries thanks - no, no cury"

drippie k
01-27-2009, 05:35 AM
that is pretty crazy...that would create more jobs wouldnt it?

NIGHT MAYOR
01-27-2009, 05:37 AM
in india maybe.

drippie k
01-27-2009, 05:40 AM
didnt look like indians in the video

NIGHT MAYOR
01-27-2009, 05:43 AM
right, well im refering to my call centers here in australia, well there not realy HERE they are in india.

The Hound
01-27-2009, 05:49 AM
lol imagine some curry munch trying to understand skampoe ordering 9 triple cheeseburgers with his chipped tooth faggoty lisp mixed in with 5% slang

"duh gawd wanth three hundred and thixty degreeth of cheethburgerth nahmean?"

NIGHT MAYOR
01-27-2009, 05:54 AM
hahahaha yeah, "yo yo - errrh, check it out, me n jigsaw wanna gnore on some double beef paddy mu-fuckers, yeah yeah, throw some of dem potato string muh-fuckers up in dere, erhhhhhh, you jig you wanna ice cream cone ? yeah EErh two big fuckin ice creams n shit, n dats it"

check two
01-27-2009, 11:44 AM
lol

I think maybe each of the call center workers can take orders for more than one fast food location(to cut down on workers), but I'm not sure.

And it's the same way here with a lot of companies outsourcing their calls to India. One of the times I called about something, i could hardly understand the guy at all, so I just hung up.. and then I called back hoping I would understand the next person from India better, and I was able to understand that person more. I wasn't sure if it would have been more rude to just tell the guy that I couldn't understand him, or to just hang up.

Tage
01-27-2009, 01:00 PM
lol imagine some curry munch trying to understand skampoe ordering 9 triple cheeseburgers with his chipped tooth faggoty lisp mixed in with 5% slang

"duh gawd wanth three hundred and thixty degreeth of cheethburgerth nahmean?"

hahahahahaha.... in england people in call centres are either indian or irish.. both cant speak properly... i did get a jamaican once, he felt like an old mate, slack as fuck... telling me to 'take it easy' before he hung up.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-27-2009, 01:02 PM
this is horrible...

...but if it does happen i hope they are chinese, but the the chinese rarely fuck up an order.

Tage
01-27-2009, 01:04 PM
^yeah, thats true... you dont understand a fucking word theyre saying... but you can confuse yourself and they still understand you

Olive Oil Goombah
01-27-2009, 01:06 PM
hahah....they are awesome. They are like human cyborgs.

drippie k
01-28-2009, 02:35 AM
if aliens do exist and are living on earth, they are chinese and japanese

theyre so damn smart man

check two
01-28-2009, 03:31 AM
Well, I don't know about that. You can't be too smart to take a chance eating something very very toxic:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOKYO – Blowfish testicles prepared by an unauthorized chef sickened seven diners in northern Japan and three remained hospitalized Tuesday after eating the poisonous delicacy.

The owner of the restaurant in Tsuruoka city, who is also the chef, had no license to serve blowfish and was being questioned on suspicion of professional negligence, police official Yoshihito Iwase said.

Blowfish, while extremely poisonous if not prepared properly, is considered a delicacy in Japan and is consumed by thrill-seeking gourmets.

Iwase said the seven men ordered sashimi and grilled blowfish testicles at the restaurant Monday night.

Shortly after, they developed limb paralysis and breathing trouble and started to lose consciousness — typical signs of blowfish poisoning — and were rushed to a hospital for treatment, Iwase said.

A 68-year-old diner remained hospitalized in critical condition with respiratory failure and two others, aged 55 and 69, were in serious condition, he said.

"It's scary. If you go to a decent-looking restaurant that serves fugu, you would assume a cook has a proper fugu license," Iwase said, using the Japanese term for blowfish.

Blowfish poison, called tetrodotoxin, is nearly 100 times more poisonous than potassium cyanide, according to the Ishikawa Health Service Association. It can cause death within an hour and a half after consumption.

Three people died and 44 others were sickened by blowfish poisoning in 2007 — most of them after catching the fish and cooking it at home — according to the Health Ministry.

-news.yahoo.com

Durag
01-28-2009, 07:32 AM
in england people in call centres are either indian or irish.. both cant speak properly...

We speak perfect english, you just cant get with a dublin accent, its too real.

If its people from cork or west of ireland, then yes, they dont speak properly, i can bearly make them out.

drippie k
01-28-2009, 07:44 AM
blowfish have testicles?