PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare or World At War ?

NIGHT MAYOR
01-27-2009, 03:30 AM
made by different companies, trey arch and infinity ward - they both have a realy different feel - the trey arch people have that 'keep pushing forward' kind of level structure where infin just have a realy good way to bring in the bad guys without you having to inch your way forward.

both great games but i will say Modern Warfare for me, weapons are great, levels look AWESOME - never seen anything like the first level with the ship, the ending was stunning - STUNNING! and come on, arial assult ? that was the shit, tell me you did'nt replay that level 10x more than the other levels. i sat there with my chalis just fuckin shit up, EVERYTHING.

i realy hope infinity ward bring out another modern cod next, not to say i did'nt enjoy fighting the japs in w.a.w. but dam, infinity realy shat on trey arch's versions of the game.

thoughts ?

peace.

SKANK HILL
01-27-2009, 03:47 AM
modern warfare 2 has been confirmed

Rode Block
01-27-2009, 03:55 AM
I prefer World at War. Mostly because I suck at Modern Warfare...idk why though. I think I just prefer the World War II guns over the ones in COD 4.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-27-2009, 04:00 AM
did you play numbers 2 and 3 ? did you like them more than modern warfare ?

shaolinsword
01-27-2009, 04:01 AM
Modern Warfare hands down. They actually tried, and succeeded, in taking the game away from the WWII era. Everything in the game was just brilliant, although they used Halo 3's matchmaking for MP matches it worked

WaW on the other hand is just Modern Warfare with a WWII skin and they still managed to fuck it up, even more so with the patch. The story was good and the zombie mode was nice though

Rode Block
01-27-2009, 04:14 AM
did you play numbers 2 and 3 ? did you like them more than modern warfare ?

nope. I've only played two games on my 360. It was COD 4(and I sucked at it, which is probly why I don't like it as much)...now it's World at War. My entire game collection consists of just those two games. lol

Rame
01-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Modern Warfare.

Better story and better levels.

World at War was great too though.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Modern Warfare hands down. They actually tried, and succeeded, in taking the game away from the WWII era. Everything in the game was just brilliant, although they used Halo 3's matchmaking for MP matches it worked

WaW on the other hand is just Modern Warfare with a WWII skin and they still managed to fuck it up, even more so with the patch. The story was good and the zombie mode was nice though

yeah zombies was a nice suprise, did you say thery used halos matchmaking ?

its alot different realy, you can join in the middle of a cod game, the overall ranks actualy decides who you will play in halo, etc etc.

Ritter
01-27-2009, 06:45 AM
I've been a CoD fan since day 1, and Modern Warfare is my favorite behind United Offensive.

Modern Warfare is action packed. The modern warfare was a risky move, since the whole series was based on WWII. And they succeeded perfectly. AI is great, the missions are not linear, the visuals are stunning, and the whole atmosphere is a WIN. And atmosphere makes 50% of the game imo.

World At War is Modern Warfare in WWII, and is great, I loved it. The multiplayer ROCKS, but MW is just... A groundbreaking game, WaW is something we've all seen before, just better.

shaolinsword
01-27-2009, 06:58 AM
yeah zombies was a nice suprise, did you say thery used halos matchmaking ?

its alot different realy, you can join in the middle of a cod game, the overall ranks actualy decides who you will play in halo, etc etc.

I meant the idea and aesthetic of the thing rather than anything else really. It does have a lot of major differences like you said but you can tell that's where they got it from

NIGHT MAYOR
01-27-2009, 07:01 AM
mark my words that other games will eventualy bring in the theater mode too, shits fantistic.

thatKid
01-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Modern Warfare for me... I shot a whole like 20-30 bullets to a dudes face was what it took to kill a guy in world at war last night... I play ground war... Is it like that in other game modes?

11th Chamber
01-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Modern Warfare alllll fuckin day. Shit one of the best shooters ever made

Cant wait til Modern 2 drops, you kno thats gonna be madness

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-27-2009, 02:29 PM
World of War had some serious repetitive stuff, that's why I hate playing WWII, cuz I saw it all at least 5x times before.

Why no controlling of the soldiers? Why SUCH GENERIC AI???? Why no damage model?? Why not including different options, like choosin' paths [like different missions?] Why not making dialogues between soldiers, so u can relate with the feeling inside of these soldiers? +Plus the first Call Of Duty stole that shit with war quotes when u die from OPF ...

That's why I like games like Operation Flashpoint better, cuz they really make it all realistic, and still fun AS HELL.

Until they add something from my why questions, I won't be checking any of the WWII Call of Duty. Modern Warfare wins here for me, cuz it was something fresher for the series and it was more realistic, if anything.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-27-2009, 02:39 PM
yeah only cool thing was the tank level and the black cats - i mean they could do so much more with world wars, they havent done much in africa, nothing in perl harbor (medel of honor touch on it i think)

BRONZBODY
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM
modern warfare

although i havent played int in a hot minute

ps3 xbox or pc...if u dont own this game on at least one of those platforms...your an idiot

NIGHT MAYOR
01-28-2009, 01:33 AM
^ hahah word is bond.

DRUNKENDRAGON
01-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Modern Warfare got my vote, but I think if World at War came out first of the two it could have been considered the better game.

Kingkazim
01-28-2009, 03:38 PM
modern warfare.

its special
in 10 years time people will be like "remember cod4?"
and some people will say " OHHH ye that amazing game...too bad i played against kingkazim, he was so good i sold my ps3 for a wii"

Rame
01-28-2009, 04:17 PM
yeah only cool thing was the tank level and the black cats - i mean they could do so much more with world wars, they havent done much in africa, nothing in perl harbor (medel of honor touch on it i think)

World at War has a few Pearl Harbor levels.