PDA

View Full Version : Death Penalty

Shogah
01-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Homicide's illegal and death is the penalty,
what justifies the homicide when he dies in his own iniquity?

For or against?

Put your arguments on the table, and lets debate.

diggy
01-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Against

Because the "justice system" tends to lock up the wrong people and discriminates on who gets killed.

drippie k
01-28-2009, 07:06 AM
im for it dude...normally i'm pretty liberal but on this issue and abortion i lean to the right...thats somebody's life you're fuckin with...sure 2 wrongs dont make it right but if someone killed your mom, wife or daughter, would you be content with that person being on the street again in 15-20 years?? and they cant keep all murderers in for life, thats too many people and a whole lot of money going there in feeding and taking care of them...they should get rid of the electric chairs though, i think, and stick to something a little more humane like the lethal injection and they should investigate more and be 100% sure the person committed the murder and not be "pretty sure" they did it like they do sometimes cuz, like i said, thats a person's life you're fuckin with

Urban_Journalz
01-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I feel like this, if you have a serial killer, rapist, child molestor, etc. then then need to die. Period.

Plus, they need to die soon. It's bad enough we have to pay ridiculous taxes, but when some of this money is being used to keep these people fed and clothed, wtf is that??

If the murder was a crime of neccessity, self-defense, defending an innocent person, then the person should go free.

Also, I think that killing someone who's causing mischief in the world is a good service to the world and everyone in it. This is the teaching of Islam. Ask yourself this...If you had a 357 and you were walking by an ally late at night and heard someone raping a 13 yr. old girl, what would you do? Me? I'd light up the sky and I'd feel good about it. I'd feel much better than if I had just acted like I didn't see or hear it, or, like a pussy, called the cops and waited for them to get there, taking the chance that this dude would have had his way with this little girl and gotten away for the time being.

It's not wrong to kill someone who deserves it. And there are many in the world who deserve it. It's not judging, it's called observation. Jim Jones deserved to die. Hitler deserved to die. Manson deserved to die and Bush deserves to die.

It's sad that a so-called Judeo-Christian society forget some really important parts of it's own book when it comes to this topic.

Namely...

"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish."

"Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed. For in the image of God, made He man."

"An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth."

So like Aesop Rock said, "Kill 'Em All", and let's play some Marvin Gaye afterwards.

Peace

Shogah
01-28-2009, 01:02 PM
The thing that made me to do this thread, although i have thought about it earlier, is when i saw the news of that guy in belgium who killed those babies and shit.

It's obvious that people like him lost all of their humanity, they lost they reason and since we are called Homo Sapiens, i think that people like that should be executed and by doing it we avoid paying him food, electricity, water for the rest of his life, in case of a life sentence.
It may sound a bit materialistic, but that's how i see it.

diggy
01-28-2009, 03:02 PM
What about people who get accused of doing a crime they did not do (circumstancial evidence) and are executed?

Once you kill a person, you cannot bring them back to life.

Lady justice is a blind bitch.

iLLogik
01-28-2009, 03:45 PM
punishment should fit the crime.

diggy
01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
y'all ain't hearing me.

:no:

Urban_Journalz
01-28-2009, 05:07 PM
What about people who get accused of doing a crime they did not do (circumstancial evidence) and are executed?

Once you kill a person, you cannot bring them back to life.

Lady justice is a blind bitch.

That's different.

That's someone abusing power, not exercising Justice in it's true form.

There's mad people on death row that are completely innocent.

11th Chamber
01-28-2009, 05:13 PM
I am 100% for the death penalty

diggy
01-28-2009, 08:58 PM
That's different.

That's someone abusing power, not exercising Justice in it's true form.

There's mad people on death row that are completely innocent.

And that's my point. In theory, I believe people who commit murder should be killed. When it comes to putting the death penalty into practice, innocent people get put to death.

"Justice" is blind and does not care to find the right people sometimes.

diggy
01-28-2009, 09:02 PM
At least if an innocent person is in prison, he could be released. He can not be releasesd if he is killed.

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-29-2009, 04:28 AM
I'm against the Death Penalty in the current system because, like Diggy said, too many are wrongly convicted.

Having a jury made up of the common man who are susceptible to the same emotionalism and are as spiritually and morally immature as the accused makes no sense.

Urban Journalz what you said is judging, but there's nothing wrong with that so long as the person doing the judging is spiritually and morally equipped to do so.

Through the judgment of morally evolved people it can be deemed whether or not the accused is guilty. From there, with the consultation of wise men (sages, masters etc) and oracles, it may be that death for the accused is what should be done.

SHEM HETEP