PDA

View Full Version : Anger shows people who they really are.

IrOnMaN
01-29-2009, 10:07 PM
I believe this is true for a number of reasons. For example, last year in December when I was taking General Physics II lab, the class had to work in teams to complete the last lab that was due at the end of class. The team that I was in paired up with two other people (one male and one female). At first, things were going great. We were all communicating effectively and discussing the project as a team. When we finished the project, we had to complete a written assignment as well. That's when things got nasty.

The two people who joined our team started to become frustrated with the written assignment. They were constantly saying "Okay. What's going on here? I don't know to do this. This is really stupid! I'm freaking out!". The pressure was on everybody. It wasn't only them being frustrated with the assignment, some people were freaking out as well. The lady who I was working with was really sweet and cool. She tried to help the two people to complete the assignment. Since they couldn't understand what to do, they started to attack her by saying that she doesn't know what she's doing and she's stupid. She played it off like it was nothing and continued doing the assignment.

What happen? At first, we were all laughing, talking, smiling, joking around, working together as a team. Moments later, they turned on us. When we all were done, they looked at us like we weren't nothing.

When things get tight, people show you who they really are. When people are facing death, they show you who they really are. When something terrible happens to a family, like the electricity getting cut off or a couple getting put out on the street, somebody is going to flip out on someone. But some people can maintain themselves. That's true discipline!

When we get upset or angry, we say things that we really mean. That's the truth. If you didn't mean it, why'd you say it? It's not that you didn't mean it, you're just sorry that you said it out loud. The truth came out. Then we say to ourselves "That's a relief."

I always forgive the person, but not the act. People don't know any better.

diggy
01-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Ya, over time you start to see things in people you did not know was there.

I've seen people start out cool only to regret meeting them, then again, if I did not meet them I would not have learned from them.

-The A to the Z-
01-30-2009, 06:40 PM
True, true.

Anger, or any real daunting obstacle can both mess with peoples' heads but also show their true colours.

And Physics is terrible.

All the formulae.

LHX
01-30-2009, 09:59 PM
anger stems from a lot of different things

props to people who learn from situations that make them angry and recognize the source of the anger and do something productive about it

there is a difference between being angry at living on a planet where people suffer unnecessarily
and
when a person gets angry because he is lazy or his shoes got scuffed

diggy
01-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Fear is related to anger.

http://sharecare.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/anger1.jpg

LHX
01-30-2009, 10:10 PM
fear is annoying as hell

especially in a universe where there is nothing to fear

beautifulrock
01-30-2009, 11:08 PM
I think there is a direct correlation between anger and penis size.

11th Chamber
01-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Ya, over time you start to see things in people you did not know was there.

which is why people start hating me like 5 months into friendships

diggy
01-30-2009, 11:51 PM
which is why people start hating me like 5 months into friendships

Well, I was thinking more of people you thought were friendly and approached u like a decent person, only to find out they were the total opposite.

Twin
01-31-2009, 12:36 AM
anger stems from a lot of different things

props to people who learn from situations that make them angry and recognize the source of the anger and do something productive about it

there is a difference between being angry at living on a planet where people suffer unnecessarily
and
when a person gets angry because he is lazy or his shoes got scuffed

I agree 100%. Peace

YungSunny
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
I believe this is true for a number of reasons. For example, last year in December when I was taking General Physics II lab, the class had to work in teams to complete the last lab that was due at the end of class. The team that I was in paired up with two other people (one male and one female). At first, things were going great. We were all communicating effectively and discussing the project as a team. When we finished the project, we had to complete a written assignment as well. That's when things got nasty.

The two people who joined our team started to become frustrated with the written assignment. They were constantly saying "Okay. What's going on here? I don't know to do this. This is really stupid! I'm freaking out!". The pressure was on everybody. It wasn't only them being frustrated with the assignment, some people were freaking out as well. The lady who I was working with was really sweet and cool. She tried to help the two people to complete the assignment. Since they couldn't understand what to do, they started to attack her by saying that she doesn't know what she's doing and she's stupid. She played it off like it was nothing and continued doing the assignment.

What happen? At first, we were all laughing, talking, smiling, joking around, working together as a team. Moments later, they turned on us. When we all were done, they looked at us like we weren't nothing.

When things get tight, people show you who they really are. When people are facing death, they show you who they really are. When something terrible happens to a family, like the electricity getting cut off or a couple getting put out on the street, somebody is going to flip out on someone. But some people can maintain themselves. That's true discipline!

When we get upset or angry, we say things that we really mean. That's the truth. If you didn't mean it, why'd you say it? It's not that you didn't mean it, you're just sorry that you said it out loud. The truth came out. Then we say to ourselves "That's a relief."

I always forgive the person, but not the act. People don't know any better.
That's some deep shit man.

Face of the Golden Falcon
02-01-2009, 06:28 AM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings Ironman...

Good post.

...but I like the last things you said:

People don't know any better.

This is truth. People are programmed into ignorance and fear out the womb. Most don't get a chance to show who they really are.

If a pig is trained to act like a dog, you can't say it's showing who it really is. Who it really is has been fucked with. It's forgotten.

When people are taught who and what they can be (in fact what they really are), and begin to conquer demons...

What then?...

SHEM HETEP