PDA

View Full Version : NFL Broadcast Need to Move Into 21st Century

Visionz
02-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Cause that sideways shot is straight Tecmo Bowl.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-02-2009, 05:05 PM
what?

Visionz
02-02-2009, 05:15 PM
The common shot of a NFL broadcast

http://www.telic.info/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/tecmo-super-bowl-1.png
except you normally can't see all the players on D.

They got the cameras to give you a "Madden" shot
http://mattplays.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/madden08.jpg

of games so idk why they don't show the whole game from this angle. It would give the general viewing public a much better feel for the game. Unless you're watching it live there's a lot of shit a television audience NEVER sees.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
thats a terrible angle to watch sport played on rectangluar pitch where play goes from each end back and forth.

it may be easier to play a computer game from that angle, from the QB's view, obviously its a lot better for a computer game.

But to watch it, its a terrible view for perspective imo.

Visionz
02-02-2009, 05:25 PM
thats a terrible angle to watch sport played on rectangluar pitch where play goes from each end back and forth.

it may be easier to play a computer game from that angle, from the QB's view, obviously its a lot better for a computer game.

But to watch it, its a terrible view for perspective imo.
really? Did you enjoy watching all those great plays Palomalu was making in covering Fitz for the Superbowl? He shut down the best reciever in football for three quarters. It was an amazing feat to watch.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-02-2009, 05:28 PM
he lost him in the 4th though lol

i much prefer to of seen players like Fitgerald make a run like he did in the 4th, than watching Polu shut him down for 3q's. I know whats more interesting, and so do the broadcasters.

What about the 100yd TD? You reall think it would of been better watching one of the greatest SB plays of all time from the angle you suggest?

Visionz
02-02-2009, 05:36 PM
he lost him in the 4th though lol

i much prefer to of seen players like Fitgerald make a run like he did in the 4th, than watching Polu shut him down for 3q's. I know whats more interesting, and so do the broadcasters.

What about the 100yd TD? You reall think it would of been better watching one of the greatest SB plays of all time from the angle you suggest?
If I'm directing the broadcast then its Madden views up until the interception is made then show a side angle for the interception return.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-02-2009, 07:54 PM
yeah that could work id have to see it though first.

also they should have to switch if for each catch made.

ill admit the line of scrimmage is hard to view form a side angle.

Visionz
02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
yeah that could work id have to see it though first.

also they should have to switch if for each catch made.

ill admit the line of scrimmage is hard to view form a side angle.
there's just so much that's never seen. It's not that the tecmo viewpoint doesn't have its positives its just that the madden viewpoint isn't used anywhere close to enough.

you don't really see the routes WR's run, etc I could make a real long list of everything that's missed

Art Vandelay
02-03-2009, 01:07 AM
http://mattplays.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/madden08.jpg

of games so idk why they don't show the whole game from this angle. It would give the general viewing public a much better feel for the game. Unless you're watching it live there's a lot of shit a television audience NEVER sees.

i understand this is a video game, but from this angle, you are missing 3 receivers and 2 d-backs

hectis
02-03-2009, 01:22 AM
tecmo super bowl is a classic game!

Visionz
02-03-2009, 05:01 AM
i understand this is a video game, but from this angle, you are missing 3 receivers and 2 d-backsthe TV crews when they do show this angle (seems to only be on replays) manage to get the whole field in. In reality I wouldn't want this to be the lone angle just used a lot more than it currently is

tecmo super bowl is a classic game!
very classic, 20+years ago classic, you know just like that camera angle

Come Honor Face
02-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Did you enjoy watching all those great plays Palomalu was making in covering Fitz for the Superbowl? He shut down the best reciever in football for three quarters.

WTF? Polamalu is a safety. Polamalu would VERY rarely end up one on one with Fitzgerald, and if he did, morre often than not, he would get burned!

check two
02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
I think Tecmo Bowl was overated. I think NES Play Action Football was better.

hectis
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
NFL 2k was better then madden imo

Visionz
02-03-2009, 03:20 PM
WTF? Polamalu is a safety. Polamalu would VERY rarely end up one on one with Fitzgerald, and if he did, morre often than not, he would get burned!you missed the sarcasm of that post. While that might have very well been the case as I stated (there had to be a reason why Warner was doing nothing but the dinks and dunks for 3 quarters) the point is that no one knows unless you where there because none of the TV cameras showed it.

check two
02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I agree, I liked the NFL 2K games better than Madden. There were some glitches in the NFL 2K games that were annoying though, like the kicking.