PDA

View Full Version : C.R.E.A.M isnt an acronym

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Its a Backronym. I jus had to tell people that. an acronym is a new word invented by the initial letter from a phrase, like radar, backronym is the opposite.

kthanxbye.

Tage
02-03-2009, 07:37 PM
your wrong.

they say "cash rules everything around me" before they say "C.R.E.A.M.".

its an acronym.

Tage
02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
actually hold on... i just confused myself. fuck it.... it doesnt matter

The Hound
02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
you just worked this out now?

kudo's for finally learning your own language

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-03-2009, 07:45 PM
your wrong.

they say "cash rules everything around me" before they say "C.R.E.A.M.".

its an acronym.

nope, im not lol

As long as Cream is a real word and existed before Wu Tang released the song, I am right.

And btw, I am pretty sure Cream is a real word.

Tage
02-03-2009, 07:47 PM
yeah i span out for a sec... check the post under it.

congratulations on the conclusion of your research.

confusionborn
02-03-2009, 08:30 PM
please dead this thread

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-03-2009, 08:58 PM
^PDTT, would be an acronym. but cocks on niggas foreheads using sattelite infrared on new black obese rich niggas, is a backronym

Did u know that, confusionborn?

Buddah_MAC
02-04-2009, 03:17 AM
at least it wasn't a wackronym like IMMOBILARITY

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-04-2009, 04:40 AM

lol, that one has at least two meanings and both are dope, what are u talking about?

The Hound
02-04-2009, 05:08 AM

LMAO

ahahahahahaha

oh shit

Ya_Bane
02-04-2009, 10:22 AM
^PDTT, would be an acronym.

Some would agree, and some would say that an acronym is an initialism pronounced like a word, like NASA or NATO. I would be the latter.

And on the CREAM topic, me just wonders; do they use "C.R.E.A.M" to explain the 'Cash Rules'-thingy, or do they use "Cash Rules Everything Around Me" to explain cream?

http://www.saklan.org/images/03-04gallery/good_humor_week/cream/cream_04.jpg

IrOnMaN
02-04-2009, 11:04 AM
It's an acronym.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Does Ironman's Cock Kount, as a real penis?

swizz-chef
02-04-2009, 01:01 PM
this thread is classic :p

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-04-2009, 01:12 PM
this thread is classic :p

ya, ive also dropped 2 b-bombs in post 8 and 14 that were criminally overlooked

ah well, faggits

IMMOBILARITY

in my moustaches' opinion beats is lacking and rza is truly yellowpages (of beats).

beautifulrock
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I think this is the most controversial thread I will ever see in my life. 6 stars.

Ya_Bane
02-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Criminals Robbing Innocent Mutherfuckas Everytime

^^ That's a backronym

C.R.E.A.M. is an acronym.

I think this is the most controversial thread I will ever see in my life. 6 stars.

Probably

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-04-2009, 03:34 PM
I hope this is the last time I have to explain this, but C.R.E.A.M is backronym because Cream is a REAL WORD already, you niggas never heard the word Cream before??????? LOL

The Hound
02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Criminals Robbing Innocent Mutherfuckas Everytime

^^ That's a backronym

C.R.E.A.M. is an acronym.

LOL

they're both THE SAME

CRIME is already a word
CREAM is already a word

neither word was created AFTER the initialisation

but i really am interested how you came to the conclusion that C.R.I.M.E was a backronym and C.R.E.A.M wasn't

an acronym is when you create a word from the initilisation ... a bacrnoym is when you creat initilisation from a word ... hence why it's called bacronym, as in goin back

THE W
02-04-2009, 07:58 PM
http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/direct/dbimage/50282356/Multifunction_Hand_Tool.jpg

diggy
02-05-2009, 01:00 AM
There are clearly some dunces in this thread who have a hard time understanding what a backronym and an acronym is (even after multiple explanations)!

Shame.

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-24-2009, 09:23 AM
^welcome to wu corp.

beautifulrock
11-24-2009, 09:38 AM
After months of careful consideration, I think that CREAM is actually an acronym, because although the word already existed, the meaning of that particular definition is new. Crime is definitely a backronym because no new definition was created.

food for thought
11-24-2009, 09:42 AM
how about u motherfuckers get a life.

beautifulrock
11-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Just go back to not using your brain as usual, and leave us intellectuals to our nerdy discussions. Admit it, you don't even know what the fuck we're talking about, huh?

JASPER
11-24-2009, 10:44 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

I think if the word cream has been used to refer to money before they wrote C.R.E.A.M. then it's a backronym.

Anyway, you're all wrong because Wu Tang are a bunch of filthy negroes, so it's a blackronym.

SKAMPOE
11-24-2009, 11:20 AM
i saw lacey earlier searching the forum... lmao @ him being such a corn bal that he has tosearch the forum threads to be able to make a brand new thread and failing at that aswell lmao this thread sux more than ur mouth lacey u shark wigger u
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/skampoe/dumbass-1.jpg

Inspectah_Dirk
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Radar is a "palindroom". No idea what that would be in english. Some like poop.

Uncle Steezo
11-24-2009, 03:58 PM
racecar

Showin These Young Lames Everything

Inspectah_Dirk
11-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Some like poop.

Hmm. Just noticed that. I ment "something like poop". Unless some of you do like poop, then it's ok.

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-24-2009, 05:00 PM
get ready for the best palindrome your ever gonna see

Eve, Mika, RZA, Evil JD, Nasir is Osiris, and J-live, AZ, Rakim Cormega, Cage, Mr. OC

^check it

beautifulrock
11-24-2009, 06:04 PM
close but no cigar, imbecile

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Or heres some more, not quite as impressive though, still fly

A man, a plan, a canal, Panama!

Was it a rat I saw

Madam, I'm Adam (or "Madam, in Eden I'm Adam").

Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog

oR DIFFEREN KIND OF PALINDROME:

Fall leaves after leaves fall

ELOHELS!!

TheBoarzHeadBoy
11-24-2009, 11:25 PM
To: United States Central Intelligence Bureau

Thought for the Day: How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if you held a gun to his head and explained how much fun you'd have raping his wife and daughter?

Dear Bureau, please kill Ghostlaced for being a dumb shit. That will be all.

AcidPhosphate69
11-24-2009, 11:46 PM
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck followed proper OSHA safety guidelines and protocols?

Inspectah_Dirk
11-25-2009, 03:06 PM

Eve, Mika, RZA, Evil JD, Nasir is Osiris, and J-live, AZ, Rakim Cormega, Cage, Mr. OC

^check it

Goddamn..at least you got "Eve" right...

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-25-2009, 03:45 PM
^are you fucking that stupid?

Try harder, "Dirk".

Uncle Steezo
11-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Lace has lost his mind.

Inspectah_Dirk
11-26-2009, 07:26 AM
^are you fucking that stupid?

Try harder, "Dirk".

Hahahaha. Yeah. I'll admit, i was wrong. It doesn't happen that often, so don't forget this moment.

Ya_Bane
11-26-2009, 01:32 PM
After months of careful consideration, I think that CREAM is actually an acronym, because although the word already existed, the meaning of that particular definition is new. Crime is definitely a backronym because no new definition was created.

Exactly, that was my point in my initial post in april.

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-26-2009, 01:50 PM
^Nope, thats not how it works. Stop making up definitions lool.

An acronym is a word derived from the initial letters of a phrase:[2] For example, the word radar comes from "Radio Detection and Ranging".[3]

By contrast, a backronym is constructed by taking an existing word already in common usage, and creating a new phrase using the letters in the word as the initial letters of the words in the phrase. For example, the United States Department of Justice assigns to their Amber Alert program the meaning "America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response."[3], although the term originally referred to Amber Hagerman, a 9-year old abducted and murdered in Texas in 1996.

The idea that a backronym, like an acronym, is a pronounceable word, is sometimes broken, even by dictionaries providing examples such as DVD (an initialism)[4] and SOS (a representation of the emergency signal used in Morse code).[5]

^this totally blows apart yours a bcocks little theory

grt05
11-26-2009, 02:21 PM
LMAO @ wackronym

Ya_Bane
11-27-2009, 08:34 AM
^Nope, thats not how it works. Stop making up definitions lool.

^this totally blows apart yours a bcocks little theory

I know what you're saying, but you are right ONLY if "cream" was used as slang for "money" before Wu. To be honest I'm not 100% sure, tell me if it was.

If it was not, then it doesn't matter if the word was used for a dairy product before. Then CREAM is still an acronym.

tajeco
11-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Gary Busey is the ultimate at making acronyms or backronyms or whatever

Thomas Crapper
11-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Christ, I entered this thread knowing what I wuz gonna say but now am farkin confused.

Uncle Steezo
11-27-2009, 06:25 PM

^check it

yo i still don't see that shit.

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-27-2009, 06:44 PM
FUN FACT: The term backronym was invented by KRS-One in 1983.

It really was. He wanted to give his name meaning, so he came up with words that matched KRS one (which i think was his graf logo), and called it a "backronym".

I know what you're saying, but you are right ONLY if "cream" was used as slang for "money" before Wu. To be honest I'm not 100% sure, tell me if it was.

If it was not, then it doesn't matter if the word was used for a dairy product before. Then CREAM is still an acronym.

Simple definition of a backronym = a word which has been made into an acronym (= an abbreviation consisting of letters that form a word), even though it was not originally formed from one.

Thats all a backronym is. It doesnt have to be reffering to the original meaning.

And even if it DID..CREAM STILL would be an backronym because Cream was slang for money from the 5%ers, so even according to your theory, its STILL a backronym lol.

yo i still don't see that shit.

cormega, cage, mr oc, mika, rza, evil jd, nasir is osiris, and j live, AZ, rakim, eve

Its kinda weird as fuck but its all there....you can read all the words in the sentance backwards as you can forwards....thats it

Thomas Crapper
11-27-2009, 06:50 PM
UoXCUjL3yR0

Uncle Steezo
11-27-2009, 06:53 PM

cormega, cage, mr oc, mika, rza, evil jd, nasir is osiris, and j live, AZ, rakim, eve

Its kinda weird as fuck but its all there....you can read all the words in the sentance backwards as you can forwards....thats it

thats not the same thing as a palindrome but i see what you mean.

808 and racecar are palindromes.

thats something different.