PDA

View Full Version : My neighbours are arguing in Greek

NIGHT MAYOR
02-04-2009, 01:46 AM
its no fun when you cant understand them, she is hot and he is a tank, id go down and console her (he is leaving right now) but i prefer my life.

TrueDciple
02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
And Mines are fucking in english.... them motherfuckers are sick. At first it turned me on but now its just fucking anoying.

cutn' heads
02-04-2009, 10:50 AM
all the dudes on my basketball team are greek. and they argue and scream in greek all the time. i know they're talking about me but i can't prove it, yet...

Tage
02-04-2009, 11:14 AM
yeah freddy... i wouldnt fuck with them... getting killed by a Greek must be bad. Zeus was Greek.

swizz-chef
02-04-2009, 12:31 PM
^ Lol!

drippie k
02-04-2009, 05:29 PM
greek is such a fucking weird language, i bet they argue all the time cuz they cant even understand it

begongo
02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
without knowing what you're talking about, you actually have a point there

greek doesn't have any set sentence structure whatsoever, therefore they sometimes speak like yoda and might be hard for them to understand each other. fact

TheBoarzHeadBoy
02-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Neither does English dumb ass. Thus we can speak like Yoda, as he is in fact speaking English. Its actually not uncommon for languages to be spoken backwards or forwards. Latin and thus English are good examples of this.

EDIT: LOL your dutch, I'm not sure about german (or the dutch dialect's) rules, but all the romantic languages can be done out of order to an extent.

For example in Latin you'd say: The man the girl fucked. (and) The man fucked the girl.

Its the same meaning but word order becomes irrelevant when words are tensed properly. Its not hard to translate on paper, but its a pain linguistically.

SKANK HILL
02-04-2009, 07:43 PM
LOL german isn't the native language of holland you dumb cunt

HANZO
02-04-2009, 07:50 PM
ppl still speak greek???

NIGHT MAYOR
02-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Neither does English dumb ass. Thus we can speak like Yoda, as he is in fact speaking English. Its actually not uncommon for languages to be spoken backwards or forwards. Latin and thus English are good examples of this.

EDIT: LOL your dutch, I'm not sure about german (or the dutch dialect's) rules, but all the romantic languages can be done out of order to an extent.

For example in Latin you'd say: The man the girl fucked. (and) The man fucked the girl.

Its the same meaning but word order becomes irrelevant when words are tensed properly. Its not hard to translate on paper, but its a pain linguistically.

yeah english is the most fucked tounge, hardest to learn too, its because its basicly made up of many others.

cap
02-05-2009, 11:23 AM
yeah english is the most fucked tounge, hardest to learn too, its because its basicly made up of many others.

i always heard dutch was the hardest language to learn.

Art Vandelay
02-05-2009, 11:45 AM
its no fun when you cant understand them, she is hot and he is a tank, id go down and console her (he is leaving right now) but i prefer my life.

could be worse, they could be arguing in spanish. and who wants a bunch of mexicans living next to them. i'd rather live next to greeks. no homo

oLd_KaiNry
02-05-2009, 12:45 PM
i always heard dutch was the hardest language to learn.

how can it be harder than any asian language?

cap
02-05-2009, 01:17 PM
how can it be harder than any asian language?

yeah you're probably right,thats just what i heard on several occasions.

check two
02-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Greek sounds similar to Italian, right boss?

cap
02-05-2009, 01:23 PM

not at all

Art Vandelay
02-05-2009, 01:26 PM

not even close. except for when they speak english, then greeks and italians sound alike

check two
02-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I like when Italians speak English, and they add a lot of extra words to each sentence.