100pr00f
09-08-2005, 10:19 AM
what so bad about it,,,,

some religions dont eat it........

i like pork as in bacon, ham ,,,ribs

so what u think about it

blackwisdom
09-08-2005, 11:03 AM
High salt content and some cancer causing properties.

I haven't (intentionally) eaten pork in the last 5 years.

Peace

froth
09-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Some theorize that it was originally considered unclean as a result of high desert temperatures leading to spoiled meat. However, as blackwisdom eludes to, modern science prvides evidence that at the very least, the stuff isn't good for us. Google it or something.

G...
09-08-2005, 11:14 AM
*while chewin' on a hefty rack of ribs*

Shit is decent, may not be good for us tho - I have no idea. ONE

Skellington
09-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Ain't nothing bad about pork, some stupid religious stuff, I never saw pork kill anybody yet so.....

100pr00f
09-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Ain't nothing bad about pork, some stupid religious stuff, I never saw pork kill anybody yet so.....

that is true

blackwisdom
09-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Ain't nothing bad about pork, some stupid religious stuff, I never saw pork kill anybody yet so.....There are many illnesses that it leads to, but primarily hypertension.

take it easy

MantiZ
09-08-2005, 12:11 PM
if you eat right and have balanced nutrition, pork won't do anything bad to your body. just learn to eat right so you don't live only on pork chops.

knewcheeze
09-08-2005, 12:18 PM
PEACE
no meat is good for us period....
the pig is especially bad because its a scavenger animal....
its basically a overgrown rat......
and it carries disease like a motherfucker.....

100pr00f
09-08-2005, 12:20 PM
ur talking wild pigs...pigs we eat are born to be eating on farms

Mark
09-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Pork is just meat like cow, chicken or whatever. Humans are also flesh eaters, so eating pork is very normal. If you don't eat pork I don't have a problem with that, but it doesn't make any sence. It's just all flesh. In Asia they eat dogs for example. It's just culture and some religions made it something religious.

Prince Rai
09-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Pork is just meat like cow, chicken or whatever. Humans are also flesh eaters, so eating pork is very normal. If you don't eat pork I don't have a problem with that, but it doesn't make any sence. It's just all flesh. In Asia they eat dogs for example. It's just culture and some religions made it something religious.

hmm pork is not just like chicken or whatever... where does fish differ then?

pork has scientifically proven to be a food which is not healthy in the long term, so when u eat it in small amounts fair enough.. nuin happens as we see it at face value..

but the effects we cannot comprehend as when we get ill... we wudnt think that the ham we ate couple of years back could have contributed 2 ur illness...

why eat sumin dats known to be not all that good?

just eat the other meats..

but dats my opinion.. im no fanatic tellin u what 2 do

peace n blessingz

Ronin
09-08-2005, 12:47 PM
aint eaten it for 3 years

dont dine on the swine, diddt really like it much ever

i only eat chicken and fish as meats

MantiZ
09-08-2005, 01:11 PM
i don't eat pork too much, but i still know that it does nothing bad to you if you control your consumption of it. One must eat meat if he doesen't want to be skinny. of course best choice is beef.

Prince Rai
09-08-2005, 01:22 PM
i don't eat pork too much, but i still know that it does nothing bad to you if you control your consumption of it. One must eat meat if he doesen't want to be skinny. of course best choice is beef.
the fact u said the best choice is beef suggests that,
there are different meats with different levels of usefulness and if there is a best as u said.. there can be a worst...

444trumpets
09-08-2005, 02:39 PM
pig are not blessed to eat
pigs are dirty
which is why some religions dont eat pork
heard it makes you smell

Prince Rai
09-08-2005, 02:47 PM
pig is not blessed to eat
pigs are dirty
which is why some religions dont eat pork
heard it makes you smell
lol smell??? dats a new one

100pr00f
09-08-2005, 03:11 PM
pork fried rice

EyeHyeAm
09-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Some cats need to ge their facts straight. Just because we call ourselves omnivores and choose to eat meat does not mean that we were built to be omnivores. Compare yourself antomocially to a carnivore. You are the exact opposite my friend. From the length of your intestine to the shape of your teeth & nails to the acids produced in your stomach and the way you ingest your food. When was the last time you saw a lion stop and say, "lemme go ahead and spark up this log up so I can cook my meat. You gotta kill them germs!" That doesn't happen. They have the necessary tools within their body where they can just rip (claws and REAL k-9 teeth) the meat that they need and swallow without being infected by "germs". Plus, meat rots pretty quick, so their short intestines (compared to ours) allows less time for meat to hang around inside their bodies and rot. Bringing up the issue about acids produced again, our stomach doesn't produce those same acids. So our stomach has to over work itself to digest the meat. Our long intestines count for allowing the neccisary time for our body to get out all the nutrients out of things like vegetables and fruit. And also. Not all vegetarians are skinny. lol. Just because a person doesn't have meat in their diet, does not mean they won't have meat on their bones. There are more factors that come into play when talking about how big someone is.

Pigs are dirty (by our standards of what clean is, of course) as someone has already said, they are scavangers. They eat garbage. Back when there wasn't a "garbage pick up day" ( early America, think of the movie "Gangs of New York", there's actually a pig in the beginning eating), pigs were let loose on the town as garbage disposals. And then you want to cook and eat that? Wow... I also read somewhere that biologically they are very similar to humans. So eating a pig would also be one of the closest things you can get to cannibalism. <-- on that I have to check my sources. I couldn't tell you how close we are to the pig, but the main point that I did get from what I read was that it's almost like cannibalism. But with that said, you got stuff like mad cow and all these kinds of mental diseases and such. Sure, you can eat a little and not be infected, we have anti-bodies. But that's also short-term. You have to think about the long-run as well.

I haven't even talked about religous/moral beliefes. This is science. Seriously, look up the anatomy of an herbivore and compare it to yourself. Look at the shape of your teeth and the two sets of canines we have and look at the teeth of a dog. Look at your nails man. We couldn't rip meat off an animal. We had to make UTINSELS to eat meat.

Oh yeah, the pig also has something called a Tichnia (sp?) worm. Even cooking the meat it's still hard to kill. But look up the effects on what that does to your body. I believe it's a type of tapeworm.

But don't dismiss something as just "religion" and it's beliefs just because you have 85ers who don't even read the texts and interpret it for themselves or do and interpret it in a way the is beneficial only to their cause. Then let anything that may even remotely fall into the category of religion and just scream BLASPHMEMY! There's mad wisdom in those books and it's not just a bunch of carzy man jibberish.

MantiZ
09-08-2005, 03:19 PM
the fact u said the best choice is beef suggests that,
there are different meats with different levels of usefulness and if there is a best as u said.. there can be a worst...

beef contains less fat and more proteins. it's best from a point of view of a bodybuilder.

Identity
09-08-2005, 03:20 PM
...is really good. Eat it. Don't listen to some of these nutbags. We're bound to get that "120 God Degree" speech at some point. Some people must believe that Moses had a nutritionist, electron microscope, and a scientific lab.

Identity
09-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Opps, my mistake, it looks like we already got part of the speech from EyeHyeAm.

Prince Rai
09-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Some cats need to ge their facts straight. Just because we call ourselves omnivores and choose to eat meat does not mean that we were built to be omnivores. Compare yourself antomocially to a carnivore. You are the exact opposite my friend. From the length of your intestine to the shape of your teeth & nails to the acids produced in your stomach and the way you ingest your food. When was the last time you saw a lion stop and say, "lemme go ahead and spark up this log up so I can cook my meat. You gotta kill them germs!" That doesn't happen. They have the necessary tools within their body where they can just rip (claws and REAL k-9 teeth) the meat that they need and swallow without being infected by "germs". Plus, meat rots pretty quick, so their short intestines (compared to ours) allows less time for meat to hang around inside their bodies and rot. Bringing up the issue about acids produced again, our stomach doesn't produce those same acids. So our stomach has to over work itself to digest the meat. Our long intestines count for allowing the neccisary time for our body to get out all the nutrients out of things like vegetables and fruit. And also. Not all vegetarians are skinny. lol. Just because a person doesn't have meat in their diet, does not mean they won't have meat on their bones. There are more factors that come into play when talking about how big someone is.

Pigs are dirty (by our standards of what clean is, of course) as someone has already said, they are scavangers. They eat garbage. Back when there wasn't a "garbage pick up day" ( early America, think of the movie "Gangs of New York", there's actually a pig in the beginning eating), pigs were let loose on the town as garbage disposals. And then you want to cook and eat that? Wow... I also read somewhere that biologically they are very similar to humans. So eating a pig would also be one of the closest things you can get to cannibalism. <-- on that I have to check my sources. I couldn't tell you how close we are to the pig, but the main point that I did get from what I read was that it's almost like cannibalism. But with that said, you got stuff like mad cow and all these kinds of mental diseases and such. Sure, you can eat a little and not be infected, we have anti-bodies. But that's also short-term. You have to think about the long-run as well.

I haven't even talked about religous/moral beliefes. This is science. Seriously, look up the anatomy of an herbivore and compare it to yourself. Look at the shape of your teeth and the two sets of canines we have and look at the teeth of a dog. Look at your nails man. We couldn't rip meat off an animal. We had to make UTINSELS to eat meat.

Oh yeah, the pig also has something called a Tichnia (sp?) worm. Even cooking the meat it's still hard to kill. But look up the effects on what that does to your body. I believe it's a type of tapeworm.

But don't dismiss something as just "religion" and it's beliefs just because you have 85ers who don't even read the texts and interpret it for themselves or do and interpret it in a way the is beneficial only to their cause. Then let anything that may even remotely fall into the category of religion and just scream BLASPHMEMY! There's mad wisdom in those books and it's not just a bunch of carzy man jibberish.
peace n welcome

Prince Rai
09-08-2005, 03:25 PM
beef contains less fat and more proteins. it's best from a point of view of a bodybuilder.
well chicken is actually better than beef for bodybuilders and i know this cos i go 2 a gym.. not bragging or sumin, just sayn dat to show whats fact here..

but this again proves that different meats has different properties which affect man woman and child in different ways

peace n blessingz

Prince Rai
09-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Opps, my mistake, it looks like we already got part of the speech from EyeHyeAm.
its know the ledge... lets see what people have to say in a discussion of diversity and complexities..

peace identity

PHI.1.618
09-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Claiming that pork is bad for us because pigs are scavengers is a moronic statement. It's not like we picking wild pigs out of the bushes to eat them. That's like me saying that chicken's bad for us because there's wild chickens out there that eat their own shit etc. IMO the whole pork is bad for you shit is nothing more then a stupid religious belief.

LHX
09-08-2005, 03:35 PM
yeah

pork is known to have more 'toxins' in it than other meats

but remember - the pig has a body designed for handling these toxins

so your body consumes the toxicity as well as the element which balances the toxicity

over consumption of meat is bad because it is so dense in protein it will weigh you down

that is over consumption

other than that - amino acids are necessary for developing and maintaining a healthy body

it is likely that the ratio of meat in the typical diet these days is generally not good

a good place to start is to consume a little less meat and more vegetable if you are concerned about anything

PECEA

Explizit Content
09-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I got this from the book Natural Cures...

"Do not eat pork. Remember you are what you eat. Pork is a highly diseased food. A pig eats anything in its path, including its own feces. Whatever it eats turns to meat on its bones in a few hours. All pork products are laced with disease and viruses. It is toxic and unhealthy. Massive amounts of blood and energy go to the stomach and intestines to help breakdown and digest this toxic material. Pork is never fully digested in the human body; however, the human digestive system works nonstop to neutralize and digest pork. If you didn't eat pork for thirty days and then had some, there is an excellent chance you would be violently ill. Eliminating pork, or at least reducing it dramatically, can have a profound impact on your health and well-being."

I stopped eating pork because of this, and all other meats as a matter of fact. However, pork is by far the worst. It's generally loaded up with massive amounts of monosodium glutamate (MSG) and sodium nitrate, both of which are carcinogens and are physically addicting. Pork doesn't affect the body instantaneously, it comes out in various forms that we may not necessarily attribute to the food we eat: heartburn, nausea, cancer later on in life, depression, etc....:r

Peace!

444trumpets
09-08-2005, 04:27 PM
chicken and fish are o k to eat
beef can mess with your colon
to much beef is not good
in america we are taught for pork to be good
stop eating that pork for gods sake

peace 4.4.4 trumpets

Identity
09-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Prince: its know the ledge... lets see what people have to say in a discussion of diversity and complexities..
Let's see. Why would you possibly be talking about pork...hmmm, let me think for a second. Is it because it's the worst food on the planet? No. Is it because it isn't worse than any other food? No....hmmmm. Is it because it only has four letters? No....hmmmm. Oh! I know it's because religion, particularlly Islam forbid pork. But wait, is that the only reason....Hmmmm. No! Because it's what those nutbag 120 God degree Earth and Gods, Nation of Islam retarded nutbags talk about all the time.

"Porks forbidden because Muhammed had an electron miscroscope and saw all the toxins."
"See Islam, and by derivative the Nation of Islam, is based on science!!!"
"See how smart we are!"
"It's because pigs eat anything in their path, and Muhammed knew how terrible it was for your health because he had the latest edition of an Advanced Chemistry textbook at his disposal!!!"
"See how smart we are!!!"

Oh wait...but this can't be the only reasons, although they're certainly important ones. What was that I read once....

Oh yeah. White people are the devil and pigs!!!

That's it! I knew I would remember it!!!

Oh yeah, by the way, the spaceships coming tommorow at 2:00PM. Bring the Kool Aid.

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
09-08-2005, 07:08 PM
peace.

eyehyeam...is actually on point.
But yall can believe what you wish..., you do ya own thing nahmean.

for all the 5% slander (not stating I am 1 or not), but Biblically speaking... anyone following the Bible wasn't allowed to consume pork. Peep ya Old Testament.

no.2- the word you're looking for EYEhyeAm is TRICHINA (trichnella spiralis). I've seen it in a lab, and we actually got it from a pig. The end result is Trichnosis. And for all the famous musician fanatics....beehtoven, brahms, 1 of em...died as a result of trichina.....basically eating under cooked pork and meat in general. This is nothing new.

no.3- regardless..you can heat pork up....microwave it...etc....several thousands of degrees....and the parasites still linger.

no.4- pigs have 2 stomachs..(cows have 5 stomachs..and are vegetarian...therefore they digest food better...and easier), and their..PIGS.. digestive systems are HORRIBLE..and they digest food quickly...the whole process is an hour or 2 at most. Anything that is not digested obviously goes where.....into the rest of your body...muscles especially (the fav place of where trichinae love to set up shot). So pigs...eating everything and under the sun...including each other..and their own shit.....literally....., they eat all of it...and at the most...digest a 1/5th of it only..which is why they have been historically and scientifically linked to disease. There are stories..on farms..where pigs have been another domestic animal..and killed it as a result of the bite. I had a great great great relative suffer a bite and die.

no.5- no one gives a damn if you eat pig or not. That's on you. But if you are not taking care of yourself...like 8 out of 10 americans who will have 5 MILLION AND 1 VASCULAR RELATED problems here in about 10 years or less...., you might wanna switch up diets.

no. 6- cooking anything increases the presence of carcinogens pointblank.

Regardless.,

peace.

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

blackwisdom
09-08-2005, 08:03 PM
There's some good material in here, aside from the ignorance and fear. To touch on an ecological issue:

Hypothetically speaking;

There are two men that live in the country and possess the same amount of land. One man decided to grow a garden and the other man decided to use his land as a cow pasture. Although there was ample land for the vegetation to grow there was only limited ground for the cows to graze. The cows had to graze on half a plot of land at a time to prevent from over grazing, so the “rancher” could never maximize his land usage at any given time.

Harvest time comes for the farmer and “butcher” time comes for the rancher. Both receive complementary and near the same wages. The rancher manages to sell fewer consumable products according to the amount that can be turned into consumable products from the garden. So in essence the rancher used the same amount of land as the farmer while producing less consumable products then the farmer. Ecologically this is a waste of land resources. Not to mention the horror show that goes on at the killing fields.

This isn’t set to scale and is only a hypothetical, but I think I’m making my point clear. If we were to increase vegetable and fruit farms it will benefit our overall health and the environment as a whole. We will live longer and healthier lives all while being more prudent users of our land. This is my opinion mixed with my dampened rehashing of acquired facts. Think about it for a minute. What we eat not only effects how we live but it also affects the world that we live in. I can add more, but I leave it at this.

Thanks for reading my views, now lets continue with some more intellectual conversations.

Take it easy

Identity
09-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Over 50% of our food is made in factory farms. It's takes an incredibally small amount of space to raise a chicken or cow, or any other animal on a factory farm. By incredibally small, I mean just the size of their bodies. That's how its done. Fruit and vegtables would actually require more room, more care, and would produce less.

stayshigh
09-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Let's see. Why would you possibly be talking about pork...hmmm, let me think for a second. Is it because it's the worst food on the planet? No. Is it because it isn't worse than any other food? No....hmmmm. Is it because it only has four letters? No....hmmmm. Oh! I know it's because religion, particularlly Islam forbid pork. But wait, is that the only reason....Hmmmm. No! Because it's what those nutbag 120 God degree Earth and Gods, Nation of Islam retarded nutbags talk about all the time.

"Porks forbidden because Muhammed had an electron miscroscope and saw all the toxins."
"See how smart we are!"
"It's because pigs eat anything in their path, and Muhammed knew how terrible it was for your health because he had the latest edition of an Advanced Chemistry textbook at his disposal!!!"

Oh wait...but this can't be the only reasons, although they're certainly important ones. What was that I read once....

Oh yeah, by the way, the spaceships coming tommorow at 2:00PM. Bring the Kool Aid.
You seem to be on a ever increasing anti-anything thats islam trip but the funny thing is one of the oldest sources you'll find for not eating pork comes from the KJV of the old testament. It was a hebrew custom to not eat any animal that did not have a cloven foot and did not eat cud(as a sole means of diet). And as you're most probably of the belief that the people of those stories and times were white, you can take your ignorance and biases elswhere.

Peace

Identity
09-08-2005, 09:02 PM
"You seem to be on a ever increasing anti-anything thats islam trip but the funny thing is one of the oldest sources you'll find for not eating pork comes from the KJV of the old testament. It was a hebrew custom to not eat any animal that did not have a cloven foot and did not eat cud(as a sole means of diet). And as you're most probably of the belief that the people of those stories and times were white, you can take your ignorance and biases elswhere."

Well seeing that I'm learning Biblical Hebrew, my family is Christian, and I live in America, I'd have to be a real big dumbass not to know that wouldn't I? But I don't see any Jews running around claiming Moses had a microscope, or that there was some scientific reason they don't eat pork. It's a religious reason and decision. It has nothing to do with science. Which is what the nutbags are saying, amongest other things that nutbags tend to say.

blackwisdom
09-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Over 50% of our food is made in factory farms. It's takes an incredibally small amount of space to raise a chicken or cow, or any other animal on a factory farm. By incredibally small, I mean just the size of their bodies. That's how its done. Fruit and vegtables would actually require more room, more care, and would produce less.Noted:

And this condensed environment decreases the overall health and nurishment of our meat producing food.

I was raised in the country.

Take it easy

blackwisdom
09-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Well seeing that I'm learning Biblical Hebrew, my family is Christian, and I live in America, I'd have to be a real big dumbass not to know that wouldn't I? But I don't see any Jews running around claiming Moses had a microscope, or that there was some scientific reason they don't eat pork. It's a religious reason and decision. It has nothing to do with science. Which is what the nutbags are saying, amongest other things that nutbags tend to say.Moses had Kemetic Mystery Knowledge, not a microscope.

The ancients overstood much more than us "Americans" simply due to their day to day activities.

Take it easy

Identity
09-08-2005, 09:20 PM
"Moses had Kemetic Mystery Knowledge, not a microscope.

The ancients overstood much more than us "Americans" simply due to their day to day activities.

Take it easy"

This is where I'm afraid we part ways. That's a bunch of nonsense. Let's just agree to disagree.

froth
09-08-2005, 09:22 PM
you dont need a microscope to note that spoiled meat isnt good for you.

blackwisdom
09-08-2005, 10:29 PM
"Moses had Kemetic Mystery Knowledge, not a microscope.

Take it easy"

This is where I'm afraid we part ways. That's a bunch of nonsense. Let's just agree to disagree.Why do I have to agree to disagree whewn I'm not trying to prove anything to you. You're obviously set in your ways.

Take it easy

Identity
09-08-2005, 10:30 PM
"Take it easy"

You too.

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
09-08-2005, 11:28 PM
peace.

Moses..really known as Musa, Mu=river Sa=son..in the original coptic language (speaking of Coptic..the closest thing to Jesus' teachings are in the Coptic Church in Ethiopia), didn't have no mystery knowledge..he had knowledge. He grew up around Pyramid Builders. And as shocking as it seems...the biblical God..made Musa a god. I mean no disrespect, but it seems the trend lately is to call the universities in Khemet and other parts of "Africa" the Mystery Schools...and what the people..including greeks (i.e. Pythagoras) learned...is Mystery Knowledge. Perhaps I could break down some of this in another thread...

Anyways,
peace

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

Identity
09-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Well as a student of Biblical Hebrew and a religious studies major, I can tell you Moses was never known as Musa.

Identity
09-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Sounds like some "tricknowlogy" to me.

EyeHyeAm
09-08-2005, 11:46 PM
peace n welcome Thank you, glad to be here.

no.2- the word you're looking for EYEhyeAm is TRICHINA (trichnella spiralis).
Thank you as well for the correction. l'd like to know more about this Mystery Knowledge. I've heard about it, but don't know exactly what they were dealing with. I believe I read it in Behold a Pale Horse, not too sure, but I never knew that cats actually knew what people did at these schools.

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
09-09-2005, 12:29 AM
peace.

Identity, then you must not be aware of the Coptic language.., nor the Coptic Church... or of this thing called "translation." And being that you're a religion major....I find that strange.

anyways..

PEace and welcome Eye.,

no doubt on the correction, regardless you were in the ballpark..that is what matters.

behold a pale horse-- been through 2 copies of it, my friends keep stealin it from me yo. LOL. It's pretty dope, especially the 1st chapters...pretty logical..,all you gotta do is apply what he's talking about to reality...if u see similarities...then you know it's real...somehow or some way. The only tough part I have accepting in that book is the..pics of the UFOs towards the end...and his break down on aliens. Don't get me wrong, I think Aliens do exist....but that's another topic.

As far as the Mystery Schools and Knowledge goes--...hmmmm.., trying to think of a good starting point. Give me a moment, I shall contact you with some info soon yo. I think what is best...is to figure out what they are EXACTLY. Then move on from there. Alot of books man, alot of books...in the libraries....the schools, etc.....unearthed..and they're still diggin up more. Stay tuned. This TOPIC GETS DEEP...REAL DEEP.....I mean seriously deep..

peace

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

and by the way..Identity..., in a sense...I'm a "religion" major.

Fragmented
09-09-2005, 01:09 AM
ok just a small note here

haven;t eaten pork i'd say in over 2 years i had some last week, i was violently sick and i coughed up a black looking substance, and i've had 3-4 cold since eating this, i'm not saying it's completely down to it but i don't generally get ill. i never liked pork in the first place to be honest but it was forced down me by parents

peace

Explizit Content
09-09-2005, 01:13 AM
It's a religious reason and decision. It has nothing to do with science. Which is what the nutbags are saying, amongest other things that nutbags tend to say.That's an extremely ignorant statement to make. I'm not religious and yet I don't eat pork. And there are PLENTY of scientifical reasons to not eat it, you just seem to ignore them. I don't really give a fuck if you eat it or not, do what you wanna do, it's your health. All I'm saying is your reasoning that it's simply religious is WAY off.

Peace!

PHI.1.618
09-09-2005, 01:24 AM
Enough with the religious bullshit, post some scientific evidence that states that pork is bad for you/us ...

Explizit Content
09-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Enough with the religious bullshit, post some scientific evidence that states that pork is bad for you/us ...Read my previous post on here...

tostones
09-09-2005, 03:53 AM
58 million obese americans

chronic heart disease the leading cause of death in America

start your morning off right by frying up some bacon

the "other white meat"

even though its red meat

MantiZ
09-09-2005, 06:29 AM
DAMN! my grand grandfather ate pork for all his life and he lived till 85 (he actually died only because he fell of the roof).
who now says that pork is unhealthy?

Skellington
09-09-2005, 06:30 AM
There are many illnesses that it leads to, but primarily hypertension.

take it easy
Yeah well, lots of other food lead to illnesses aswell, not only pork.....
Pork is good for men.

blackwisdom
09-09-2005, 06:51 AM
peace.

Moses..really known as Musa, Mu=river Sa=son..in the original coptic language (speaking of Coptic..the closest thing to Jesus' teachings are in the Coptic Church in Ethiopia), didn't have no mystery knowledge..he had knowledge. He grew up around Pyramid Builders. And as shocking as it seems...the biblical God..made Musa a god. I mean no disrespect, but it seems the trend lately is to call the universities in Khemet and other parts of "Africa" the Mystery Schools...and what the people..including greeks (i.e. Pythagoras) learned...is Mystery Knowledge. Perhaps I could break down some of this in another thread...

Anyways,
peace

SubliminaL tha 7th BorNI follow that and knew his "name" I was only placing it in an easily decipherable term. I've seen Khemetic University and Mystery Knowledge used interchangably.

Take it easy

WU-KILLAH
09-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Good italian ham is as good as heaven : we (mediterranean) are the nation where people are the most healthy and live the longest and we eat pork sometimes ... everything is ok (cigaretts included) as long as you don't abuse of it ... just be wise and balanced when you eat ...

Skellington
09-09-2005, 07:21 AM
I eat everything...who lives longest?? vegeterian or me....I will survive, no doubt....
I've seen lots more vegeterians die earlier then any normal men.

Soul Controller
09-09-2005, 07:34 AM
being a veggie is much more than not eating meat.
after all do u really think u eat meat? with all the chemicals and drugs in the meat to make it taste like the animals it came from plus all the shit fed to the animals. to make the,m grow faster bigger better.
u r fucking ur own genetic make up, up..

who has to gain from that?

and what are u looseing due to the man made chemicals circulating in ur body

Skellington
09-09-2005, 08:04 AM
LMAO, you'r totally wrong, I dunno from w<hat country you come from, but here we eat pure meat,fresh...I worked in several meat factorys and I never saw anything chemical goin' on over there believe me......
Hell, I even worked on fucking farm, and never in my life I saw animals got injected with anything......Maybe in your country yeah...but that's not my problem..that's their fault......so don't you be judging everyone else.....

Wu-Tality
09-09-2005, 08:23 AM
friend of mine doesnt eat cow.. just for religion, so, just eat whatever you like or what you think shouldnt be eaten just dont eat it.

Skellington
09-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Myeah, my moms doesn't eat beef no more either cause my Uncle died cause of mad-cow disease....
But that don't mather, my uncle was 48 when he passed away, and the illness was in his body for over 40 years, so, it doesn't matehr wether you stop eating cow now.....I sure don't, I love my cow....:)

Prince Rai
09-09-2005, 12:55 PM

"See how smart we are!"

lol im no 5 percenter so i dunno why u add certain supposed beliefs by them and attach them 2 me... ah well seems 2 suggest u got at least some issues which aint a bad thing nobody perfect..

talkin about pork is a subject talked about very often in knowledge forum because its hotly debated about..

had u ever studied philosophy, ud see that debate is the fruit of knowledge.. and not what u were doing.. being impatient and disrespectful..

never mind

i still stand by peace n blessingz
njoy

blackwisdom
09-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Yeah well, lots of other food lead to illnesses aswell, not only pork.....
Pork is good for men.But we're talking about swine and I don't eat meat (period). I'm in a constant quest for knowledge and overstanding about this life that we live. One of the jewels that I hold on to is that I won't eat meat for several different reasons, primarily scientific reasons. I don't feel that my body needs meat and I feel that if anything it's detrimental to my overall well being. If others want to eat meat feel free, but not I.

Take it easy

blackwisdom
09-09-2005, 03:07 PM
being a veggie is much more than not eating meat.
after all do u really think u eat meat? with all the chemicals and drugs in the meat to make it taste like the animals it came from plus all the shit fed to the animals. to make the,m grow faster bigger better.
u r fucking ur own genetic make up, up..

who has to gain from that?

and what are u looseing due to the man made chemicals circulating in ur bodyI concur.

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
09-09-2005, 03:51 PM
peace.

Also..people have to take into mind that...a certain people's genetic makeup...allows them to consume other things constantly..that other people can't consume without having problems. We're talking about a genetic code that has been passed down for centuries.

I don't know what all the 5% slander is about in this thread. Pork..and other meats always seems to be a topic somewhere. Pork always seems to be brought up 1..because alot of people eat it..and 2....people have always heard "stories" about how bad it is..and 3....historically there has always been controversy around the consumption of it...from ancient civilizations to "holy" texts...etc.

I think next..perhaps we should address chicken, horses, snakes, cows..whatever comes to mind..., veggies, fruits...compare and contrast diets..whatever we can build on.

I just stand for truth

peace

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

WARPATH
09-09-2005, 04:03 PM
.................................it's what's for dinner

TUCO
09-09-2005, 04:32 PM
im allergic to pork 8)

peace

Mosaic
09-09-2005, 07:04 PM
The common misunderstanding is that pork is forbidden strictly for religious reasons. Many religions (not just Islam) forbid its consumption. However, the main reason is dietary rather than religious. Any one can tell you that pork is in fact a very unhealthy food. It is high in toxin-producing fats and most people will take this to the extreme anyway. Meat is good in moderation and vegetables are good in moderation. An over-indulgence in any food won't do anybody good. Pork just happens to be one of the main contributors to heart disease as well as other physical ailments. It could well have been chicken or beef but it wasn't.

Identity
09-09-2005, 07:05 PM
If you talk to a Jew, the only reason they do not eat pork is because its forbidden to them. It's a dietary law. It has nothing to do with their physical health. It's a spiritual thing.

Soul Controller
09-10-2005, 04:30 AM
LMAO, you'r totally wrong, I dunno from w<hat country you come from, but here we eat pure meat,fresh...I worked in several meat factorys and I never saw anything chemical goin' on over there believe me......
Hell, I even worked on fucking farm, and never in my life I saw animals got injected with anything......Maybe in your country yeah...but that's not my problem..that's their fault......so don't you be judging everyone else......

im in england. the country that makes most the drugs to go in the meats to PRSERVE THEM
read the sides of the packs.. see if ur meat is fresh..
l;ol u dont go injecting an8imals. u put the drugs in their food so they eat it.

man all i said their. is common knowledge in england.. people who eat meat know and accept this.. but u dont want to accept it..

how weird.
what do all the additives and preservatives in ur meat do? why is their need for them if the meat You eat is 'fresh'
suppose u call a dead cow whos been in regrigeration for over a week.. Fresh?
rofl

Skellington
09-10-2005, 07:08 AM
We ate mate since the very beginning....so why should a relegion siddenly say "Oh no, don't eat Pork please cause it's dirty" ???

I respect their religion...but on the other hand...it doesn't realy make sense.
Just like in..India or wherever...people don't eat cows....

Soul Controller
09-10-2005, 07:24 AM
^^u avoided what u said and what i replied
who the fuck is talkin on religion?
im on about the now.
i dont do indoctrinated beliefs.. i./e religion

so please re answer what i said.
and what country are u from? where they have fresh animals that dont get injected.. or where the animals dont get gm food to eat ( u know african countries cant even grow crops for their own people as the imf and world bank have raped them so hard, they have to make food. for animals.. if the world trade was fair. they would grow food fo their own country. and sell it chepa not have it imported from half way across the world and sold at extoritiante prices)

im not on about pigs im on aboout all animals. that are killed. they are grafted/ genetically modified.. not to mention the energy signatures of the animals that u add to ur own bodies
rofl

Wu-Tality
09-10-2005, 09:53 AM
We ate mate since the very beginning....so why should a relegion siddenly say "Oh no, don't eat Pork please cause it's dirty" ???

I respect their religion...but on the other hand...it doesn't realy make sense.
Just like in..India or wherever...people don't eat cows....yeah, the gilfriend of that friend that doesnt eat cow because hes hinduist(?), may not kiss her if she ate cow last 3 days lol. She doesn't really have any problems with it cause she doesnt miss it anymore now. I would though!

Ronin
09-10-2005, 10:22 AM
humans are naturally herbivours, but we learned to cook

i mean try walking up to a cow and eating it raw? we improvised, but no doubt being veggie is healthier

i mean one reason u have an appendix is so u can digest shit like grass etc, but your body dont need it now

i enjoy chicken and fish but sometimes i wonder if i should just eat fish and no 'animal' meat

100pr00f
09-10-2005, 12:23 PM
meat....the first man on earth ate meat.....meat is good for the bodey but over consumed its bad just like ery thing els...

the animals we eat are heathy born to eat.....only animals they inject shit into to make bigger are chickens...lol

y would u wanna make a cow bigger
pigs....they eat left over food and food made for pigs...to make them grow bigger.....see

when u look at a pig as a pet on a farm they are dirty but when u go to a farm that raises pigs to be sold as food they are raisd diff then the pet pig...and that go's with the animals.....that we eat.........so meat once or twice aday is ok
i mean ...i could go with out meat for a week but then i will miss it,...

Soul Controller
09-10-2005, 06:18 PM
lol the 1st man on earth ate meat
rofl

did he rip it apart with his nails?
did he bite it to fuck with his teeth?
how did he chew it.. ?
as u know many didnt 'invent' fire til much later than he needed to eat

rofl this is not know the ledge anymore
its laugh at the comedy

to the previous poster. whatever man carry on eating meat, aint shit too me. just letting i lnow some of what the people who package and sell u the meat dont want to know
all ive said has been said on national TV in england ( good set of proggies on channal 4 called supermarket secrets is the latest shows this was on)
but as u said only happens to chickens.. lol and not cows
yo its all good :)

belfalo
09-10-2005, 06:24 PM
people ate meat before they started to use fire. they cut it off with sharp stones. it kept their teeth clean.

Kennings
09-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Daaammnn Im mad Im just now getting into this thread...peace be to soul controller, EyeHyeAm, blackwisdom,444trumpets, tostones, SubliminaL tha 7th BorN, prinerai, and all the others for good posts...(I just love learnin and new insight)

and identity, you seem lost my friend. One thing is, I dont know about your congregation...but it seems to be that they are reppin Ishmael, and most Jews (atlest that I know) all believe that they are from the branch of Jacob "Israel," so if you claim to be from the line of Isaacs brother, Ishmael, than you cannot be one of the chosen people who has the covenant.

and for those not really familiar with the bible, I highlighted abunch of "pork scriptures" saying how bad it is like for example...
the simple dietary laws:Deut 14
pigs specifically being unclean: Deut 14.8
And if you read Isaiah, then you see that he really hates pork eating people like in: Isaiah 66.17 and Isaiah 65.4

Its simply wrong, and I know more than just Jews and Muslims who dont eat it, simple educated Christians stay away from it also.

And more than enough people in this thread already did provide that there is simple logic and proven science against eating pork, proving that it is wrong.

and lastly, saying that the science is b.s. because there were not any real "scientific" tools back than or anything along those lines are foolish...especially from one who claims they read and study the bible and religion...because if you do than you would understand that Lord is the MostHigh, and wise, and he works in mysterious ways. There are a lot of things he says to do and it seems pointless but then eventually you see it makes perfect sense.

Like not only pork, but youre not supposed to eat shellfish because they do not have scales. And if you look into it, you would see that shellfish are scavengers, ingesting a lot of toxins, and not only that, but because of their absence of scales, a lot of posions from the sea attatches to their bodies and seeps into their skins.

And things like not cutting the hair from your temple and circumsicion, fasting one day in the year, all those things if you look into it...it makes perfect sense for healthy living. So because it didnt give a scientific reason behind it, doesnt change the fact that it is simple science and logic. He made our bodies, so I am more than sure he'd be the one who knows the most about how it should be handled.

peace and love

EyeHyeAm
09-10-2005, 07:39 PM
and lastly, saying that the science is b.s. because there were not any real "scientific" tools back than or anything along those lines are foolish...
Agreed. I believe it was in the last 30 or 40 years (not too sure on the date) that a pyramid was attempted to be built. Japan and America I believe, and both failed MISERABLY. The attempt was for 30 feet and only a third could be completed. And they chose to use "simple tools" so to speak. Assuming they didn't have the "technological superiorty" we do now back then. The Pyramid in Giza is 450 feet tall. Even when they decided to try and use modern tools they couldn't get it up right.

The measurements of the corners of the pyramids are I blieve 51 degrees 51'', which is the exact meaurements made when you pour sand out of your hands on the the ground. If they were so primitive, how could they figure something out like that. It could also possibly disprove that slaves were used to build the pyramids. There's just too much science involved.

Like not only pork, but youre not supposed to eat shellfish because they do not have scales. And if you look into it, you would see that shellfish are scavengers, ingesting a lot of toxins, and not only that, but because of their absence of scales, a lot of posions from the sea attatches to their bodies and seeps into their skins.

I knew you weren't supposed to eat seafood that doesn't have scales but I didn't know exactly why. Good looking. Also, my Mom is a Seventh Day Adventist and I've gone to the church and Staurday achool a few times. And they recognize that that the Bible says not to eat Pork and certain seafood and say that it's mainly for health reasons rather than some kind of divine law. The school I went to (senior year) didn't even serve any kind of meat. But you could go off campus for a meat fix if you wanted.

belfalo
09-10-2005, 08:08 PM
It could also possibly disprove that slaves were used to build the pyramids. There's just too much science involved.

its alreasy disproved. there were no slaves in the ancient Egypt, its a historical fact.

brahma
09-10-2005, 08:38 PM
http://www.kinotainment.de/media/kikuki_babe.jpg heard you wanna eat my beloved babe? i suggest you eat those below, cause you gon feel pain sooner or later, which is called KARMA... cause no pig wants to die... http://www.matt-willard.com/Artwork/3D/Fruits%20&%20Vegetables.jpg of course.. fruits also donīt wanna die.. better wait til they fall of the tree instead of robbing them down... itīs all sin..no doubt.. but theres deep sin (eatin animals) and low sin (eatin veggies) cause animals are souls on a higher stage, in a higher evoluted body form... they gon get pushed back just for your tongue taste? you gon get pushed back soon... AND ot brings several deseases to the physcial as well... from all animals .. itīs most sin to eat the cows cause they deliver milk. fish is the lowest under the animals..but it still stays sin, cause no fish wants to get taken out his natural element water. what you think they flippin around when you put them out the water? THEY DON`T WANNA DIE! yep. jesus was wrong with that. same with the wine

Kennings
09-10-2005, 08:52 PM
^^^^ If it's sin to eat a cow, why does God tell me its okay? I'm sorry but my fear for him is much greater than the vengeful spirit of a cow, my Lord will protect me.

peace and love

brahma
09-10-2005, 09:04 PM
itīs not god who tells you its okay. itīs your ghost. cause you was rasied like that. if you knew from beginning that itīs sin to eat animal beef, you would feel its sin when you ate some. but your ghost donīt know better and so you think its okay...

the senses (tongue,eyes,nose,ears,skin) are unslaved. they do what they like to do..but that must not be the right thang at all.. the senses lead into your ghost and your ghost makin a picture of whatīs right and wrong, but god got his own view on this. he sees a cowīs body and a human body all with the same eyes.

Kennings
09-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Show me your theory in the Old Testament, and Ill consider it

brahma
09-10-2005, 10:05 PM
the old testament isnīt áll true... the vedic sanskrit is cause it was speaken by god (in verses)

brahma
09-10-2005, 10:06 PM
thereīs talk about reincarnation in the new testament tho

Golden_Armz
09-12-2005, 10:35 AM
but dats my opinion.. im no fanatic tellin u what 2 do

peace n blessingz
DONT EAT PORK!!!!!!

Im a fanatic telling you what to do!

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
09-12-2005, 12:37 PM
peace...

this following comment is on point SUN!!

I think people were overlooking this EyeHyeam. Please look at the CAPS yall!!

Kennings...thanx for the shout. Your posts were also definitely on point with regards to the topic.

PEACE!!!

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

nobodyownsme
09-12-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't like pigs.

x7fifteen4
09-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Cows, Pigs, Wars, and Witches... The Riddles of culture

Every one knows examples of apparently irrational food habits. Chinese like dog meat but despise cow milk; we like cow milk but we won't eat dogs; some tribes in Brazil relish ants but despise venison. And it goes around the world. It's a challenge of having to explain why certain people should hate, while others love, the very same animal.

The half of the riddle that pertains to pig haters is well known to Jews, Moslems, and Christians. The god of the ancient Hebrews went out of his way to denounce the pig as unclean, a beast that pollutes if it is tasted or touched. The pig remains an abomination, despite the fact that it can convert grains and tubers into high grade fats and protien more efficiently than any other animal.

It is popular to believe that the pig is a dirty animal- dirtier than others because it wallows in its own urine and eats excrement. But linking physical uncleanliness to religious abhorrence leads to inconsistencies. Cows that are kept in a confined space also splash about in their own urine and feces. And hungry cows will eat human excrement with gusto. Dogs and chikens do the same thing without getting anyone very upset, and the anciets must have known that pigs raised in clean pens make fastidious house pets.

To Moses Maimonides, court physicians to Saladin during the twelfth century in Cairo, Egypt, we owe the first naturalistic explanation of the Jewish and Moslem rejection of pork. Maimonides said that God had intended the ban on pork as a public health measure. Swine's flesh "has a bad and damaging effect upon the body," wrote the rabbi. Maimonides was none too specific about the medical reasons for this opinion, but he was the emperor's physician, and his judgement was widely respected.

In the middle of the nineteenth century, the discovery that trichinosis was caused by eating undercooked pork was interpreted as a precise verification of the wisdon of Maimonides. Reform minded Jews rejoiced in the rational substratum of the biblical codes and promptly renounced the taboo on pork. If properly cooked, pork is not a menace to the public health, and so its consumption cannot be offensive to God. This provoked rabbis of more fundamentalist persuasion to launch a counterattack against the entire naturalistic tradition. If Jahweh had merely wanted to protect the health of His people, He would have instructed them to eat only well cooked pork rather than no pork at all. Clearly, it is argued, Jahweh had something else in mind-something more important than the mere physical well-being.

In addition to this theological inconsistency, Maimonides' explanation suffers medical and epidemiological contradictions. The pig is a vector for human disease, but so are other domestic animals freely consumed by Moslems and Jews. For example, undercooked beef is a source of parasites, notably tapeworms. Cattle, goats, and sheep are also vectors for brucellosis, a common bacterial infection in underdeveloped countries that is accompanied by fever, chills, sweats, weakness, pain, and aches. The most dangerous form is Brucellocis melitensis, transmitted by goats and sheep. Finally, there is anthtax, a disease transmitted by cattle, sheep, goats, horses, and mules, but not by pigs. Unlike trichinosis, which seldom has fatal consequences and which does not even produce symptoms in the majority of individuals, anthrax often runs a rapid course that begins with body boils and terminates in death through blood poisoning.

The solution to the riddle of the pig requires us to adopt a much broader definition of health, one that includes the essential processes by which animals, plants, and people manage to coexist in viable natural and cultural communities. The Bible and the Koran condemned the pig because farming was a threat to the integrity of the basic cultural and natural ecosystems of the Middle East.

The ancient people of the Middle East herded sheep, goats, and cattle. Within the overall pattern of mixed farming and pastoral complex, the divine prohibition against pork constituted a sound ecological stategy. The nomadic Isrealites could not raise pigs in their arid habitats, while for the semi sedentary and village farming populations, pigs were more of a threat than an asset.

The basic reason for this is that the world zones of pastoral nomadism correspond to unforested plains and hills that are too arid for rainfall agriculture and that cannot easily be irrigated. The domestic animals best adapted to these zones are cattle, sheep, and goats. They have sacks anterior to their stomachs which enable them to digest grass, leaves, and other foods consisting mainly of cellulose more efficiently that any other mammals.

The pig, however, is primarily a creature of forests and shaded riverbanks. Although it is omnivorous, its best weight gain is from food low in cellulose- nuts, fruits, tubers, and especially grains, making it a direct competitor of man. It cannot subsist on grass alone, and nowhere in the world do fully nomadic pastoralists raise significant numbers of pigs. The pig has the further disadvantage of not being a practical source of milk and of being notoriously difficult to herd over long distances.

Above all, the pig is thermodynamically ill adapted to the hot, dry climate of the Negev, the Jordan Valley, and the other lands of the Bible and the Koran. Compared to cattle, goats, and sheep, the pig has an inefficient system for regulating its body temerature. Despite the expression "To sweat like a pig," it has been proven that pigs can't sweat at all. Human beings, the sweatiest of all mammals, cool themselves by evaporating as much a 1000 grams of body liquid per hour from each square meter of body surface. The best the pig can manage is 30 grams per square meter. Even sheep evaporate twice as much body liquid through their skins as pigs.

To compensate for its lack of protective hair and its inability to sweat, the pig must dampen its skin with external moisture. It prefers to do this by wallowing in fresh clean mud, but it will cover its skin with its own urine and feces if nothing else is available. Below 84 degrees F., pigs kept in pens deposit their excreta away from their sleeping and feeding areas, while above 84 degrees F. they begin to excrete indiscriminately throughout the pen. The higher the temperature, the "dirtier" they become. So there is some truth to the theory that the religious uncleanliness of the pig rests upon actual physical dirtiness. Only it is not the nature of the pig to be dirty everywhere, rather it is in the nature of the hot, arid habitat of the Middle East to make the pig maximally dependent upon the cooling effect of its own excrement.

Any animal that is raised primarily for its meat is a luxury. This generalization applies as well to preindustrial pastoralists, who seldom exploit their herd primarily for meat.

Among the ancient mixed farming and pastoralist communities fo the Middle East, domestic animals were valued primarily as a source of milk, cheeses, hides, dung, fiber and traction for plowing. Goats, sheep, and cattle provided ample amount of these item plus and occasional supplement of lean meat. From the beginnig, therefore, pork must have been a luxury food, esteemed for its succulent, tender, and fatty qualities.

Between 7,000 and 2,000 B.C. pork became still more of a luxury. During this period there was a sixtyfold increase in the human population of the Middle East. Shade and water, the natural condition appropriate for pig raising, became progressively more scarce, and pork became even more of an ecological and economic luxury.

As in the case of the beef-eating taboo, the greater the temptation, the greater the need for divine interdiction. This relationship is generally accepted as suitable for explaining why the gods are always so interested in combating sexual temptations such as incest and adultery. Here it is applied to a tempting food. The Middle East is the wrong place to raise pigs, but pork remains a succulent treat. People always find it difficult to resist such temptation on their own. Hence Jahweh was heard to say that swine were unclean, not only as food, but to the touch as well. Allah was heard to repeat the same message for the same reason: It was ecologically maladaptive to try to raise pigs in substantial numbers. Small scale production would only increase the temptation. Better then, to interdict the consumption of pork entirely, and to concentrate on raising goats, sheep, and cattle. Pigs tasted good but it was too expensive to feed them and keep them cool.

Identity
09-12-2005, 11:13 PM
This, my friends, is true knowledge. I think it speaks for itself. Props on the post fifteen!

Identity
09-12-2005, 11:15 PM
And thanks for bringing some sanity to all of this nonsense.

Skellington
09-13-2005, 04:45 AM
humans are naturally herbivours, but we learned to cook

i mean try walking up to a cow and eating it raw? we improvised, but no doubt being veggie is healthier

i mean one reason u have an appendix is so u can digest shit like grass etc, but your body dont need it now

i enjoy chicken and fish but sometimes i wonder if i should just eat fish and no 'animal' meat
LOL being a veggie is nOT healthier, and will never be.

Like for instance, if you have a kid, and from the moments he/she's born, you don't feed him/her food, the kid might not live for long, or won't grow up healthy, and that's a fact, ain't no argueing about this.

Meat contains all kinds of stuff we need, why do you think a veggy looks like a hatrack....

Taskmaster
09-13-2005, 07:25 AM
i eat sunflower seeds....whole

100pr00f
09-13-2005, 07:38 AM
damn ur good..i usaly choke on the shells

TSA
09-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Can stand between and nigga ns his pork, you'll get your fingers bit.

tajeco
09-15-2005, 10:27 PM
I heard it tastes most like human, that's what some cultures say, but since cannabalism is frowned upon by tourists, the countries governments made rules for indiginous people to stop eating people, they found pigs same similar. I don't know if it's true, I heard it from someone who heard it from somewhere else.

tajeco
09-15-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm a vegan, and I'm skinny, I want to gain a little bit, but my ex-girlfriend went from 115-145 pounds in less than 6 months after becoming a vegan. She also stopped wlking and riding her bike during that time too though, so I don't know.

manhattan360
09-17-2005, 10:40 PM
I dont Eat pork or shrimp or catfish or anthing that eats shit becaus the eating waste and your eating the same if u eat this things your eating animal shit

Skellington
09-18-2005, 10:21 AM
i eat sunflower seeds....whole
Yaaaahhh I eat'm too, I buy them in Marocan stores around here, delicious, I prefer the salted ones tho :)

Jo Kain
09-18-2005, 03:07 PM
never ate it anymore since i got into islam..

Skellington
09-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Pretty dumb no?

TuMadre.
09-18-2005, 03:57 PM
I don't like pigs.

Kennings
09-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Cows, Pigs, Wars, and Witches... The Riddles of culture

Every one knows examples of apparently irrational food habits. Chinese like dog meat but despise cow milk; we like cow milk but we won't eat dogs; some tribes in Brazil relish ants but despise venison. And it goes around the world. It's a challenge of having to explain why certain people should hate, while others love, the very same animal.

The half of the riddle that pertains to pig haters is well known to Jews, Moslems, and Christians. The god of the ancient Hebrews went out of his way to denounce the pig as unclean, a beast that pollutes if it is tasted or touched. The pig remains an abomination, despite the fact that it can convert grains and tubers into high grade fats and protien more efficiently than any other animal.

It is popular to believe that the pig is a dirty animal- dirtier than others because it wallows in its own urine and eats excrement. But linking physical uncleanliness to religious abhorrence leads to inconsistencies. Cows that are kept in a confined space also splash about in their own urine and feces. And hungry cows will eat human excrement with gusto. Dogs and chikens do the same thing without getting anyone very upset, and the anciets must have known that pigs raised in clean pens make fastidious house pets.

To Moses Maimonides, court physicians to Saladin during the twelfth century in Cairo, Egypt, we owe the first naturalistic explanation of the Jewish and Moslem rejection of pork. Maimonides said that God had intended the ban on pork as a public health measure. Swine's flesh "has a bad and damaging effect upon the body," wrote the rabbi. Maimonides was none too specific about the medical reasons for this opinion, but he was the emperor's physician, and his judgement was widely respected.

In the middle of the nineteenth century, the discovery that trichinosis was caused by eating undercooked pork was interpreted as a precise verification of the wisdon of Maimonides. Reform minded Jews rejoiced in the rational substratum of the biblical codes and promptly renounced the taboo on pork. If properly cooked, pork is not a menace to the public health, and so its consumption cannot be offensive to God. This provoked rabbis of more fundamentalist persuasion to launch a counterattack against the entire naturalistic tradition. If Jahweh had merely wanted to protect the health of His people, He would have instructed them to eat only well cooked pork rather than no pork at all. Clearly, it is argued, Jahweh had something else in mind-something more important than the mere physical well-being.

In addition to this theological inconsistency, Maimonides' explanation suffers medical and epidemiological contradictions. The pig is a vector for human disease, but so are other domestic animals freely consumed by Moslems and Jews. For example, undercooked beef is a source of parasites, notably tapeworms. Cattle, goats, and sheep are also vectors for brucellosis, a common bacterial infection in underdeveloped countries that is accompanied by fever, chills, sweats, weakness, pain, and aches. The most dangerous form is Brucellocis melitensis, transmitted by goats and sheep. Finally, there is anthtax, a disease transmitted by cattle, sheep, goats, horses, and mules, but not by pigs. Unlike trichinosis, which seldom has fatal consequences and which does not even produce symptoms in the majority of individuals, anthrax often runs a rapid course that begins with body boils and terminates in death through blood poisoning.

The solution to the riddle of the pig requires us to adopt a much broader definition of health, one that includes the essential processes by which animals, plants, and people manage to coexist in viable natural and cultural communities. The Bible and the Koran condemned the pig because farming was a threat to the integrity of the basic cultural and natural ecosystems of the Middle East.

The ancient people of the Middle East herded sheep, goats, and cattle. Within the overall pattern of mixed farming and pastoral complex, the divine prohibition against pork constituted a sound ecological stategy. The nomadic Isrealites could not raise pigs in their arid habitats, while for the semi sedentary and village farming populations, pigs were more of a threat than an asset.

The basic reason for this is that the world zones of pastoral nomadism correspond to unforested plains and hills that are too arid for rainfall agriculture and that cannot easily be irrigated. The domestic animals best adapted to these zones are cattle, sheep, and goats. They have sacks anterior to their stomachs which enable them to digest grass, leaves, and other foods consisting mainly of cellulose more efficiently that any other mammals.

The pig, however, is primarily a creature of forests and shaded riverbanks. Although it is omnivorous, its best weight gain is from food low in cellulose- nuts, fruits, tubers, and especially grains, making it a direct competitor of man. It cannot subsist on grass alone, and nowhere in the world do fully nomadic pastoralists raise significant numbers of pigs. The pig has the further disadvantage of not being a practical source of milk and of being notoriously difficult to herd over long distances.

Above all, the pig is thermodynamically ill adapted to the hot, dry climate of the Negev, the Jordan Valley, and the other lands of the Bible and the Koran. Compared to cattle, goats, and sheep, the pig has an inefficient system for regulating its body temerature. Despite the expression "To sweat like a pig," it has been proven that pigs can't sweat at all. Human beings, the sweatiest of all mammals, cool themselves by evaporating as much a 1000 grams of body liquid per hour from each square meter of body surface. The best the pig can manage is 30 grams per square meter. Even sheep evaporate twice as much body liquid through their skins as pigs.

To compensate for its lack of protective hair and its inability to sweat, the pig must dampen its skin with external moisture. It prefers to do this by wallowing in fresh clean mud, but it will cover its skin with its own urine and feces if nothing else is available. Below 84 degrees F., pigs kept in pens deposit their excreta away from their sleeping and feeding areas, while above 84 degrees F. they begin to excrete indiscriminately throughout the pen. The higher the temperature, the "dirtier" they become. So there is some truth to the theory that the religious uncleanliness of the pig rests upon actual physical dirtiness. Only it is not the nature of the pig to be dirty everywhere, rather it is in the nature of the hot, arid habitat of the Middle East to make the pig maximally dependent upon the cooling effect of its own excrement.

Any animal that is raised primarily for its meat is a luxury. This generalization applies as well to preindustrial pastoralists, who seldom exploit their herd primarily for meat.

Among the ancient mixed farming and pastoralist communities fo the Middle East, domestic animals were valued primarily as a source of milk, cheeses, hides, dung, fiber and traction for plowing. Goats, sheep, and cattle provided ample amount of these item plus and occasional supplement of lean meat. From the beginnig, therefore, pork must have been a luxury food, esteemed for its succulent, tender, and fatty qualities.

Between 7,000 and 2,000 B.C. pork became still more of a luxury. During this period there was a sixtyfold increase in the human population of the Middle East. Shade and water, the natural condition appropriate for pig raising, became progressively more scarce, and pork became even more of an ecological and economic luxury.

As in the case of the beef-eating taboo, the greater the temptation, the greater the need for divine interdiction. This relationship is generally accepted as suitable for explaining why the gods are always so interested in combating sexual temptations such as incest and adultery. Here it is applied to a tempting food. The Middle East is the wrong place to raise pigs, but pork remains a succulent treat. People always find it difficult to resist such temptation on their own. Hence Jahweh was heard to say that swine were unclean, not only as food, but to the touch as well. Allah was heard to repeat the same message for the same reason: It was ecologically maladaptive to try to raise pigs in substantial numbers. Small scale production would only increase the temptation. Better then, to interdict the consumption of pork entirely, and to concentrate on raising goats, sheep, and cattle. Pigs tasted good but it was too expensive to feed them and keep them cool.
okay I understand that...but then how would you explain why it also says not to eat shellfish,catfish, distinguishes which bugs are healthy to eat, which are not, that you should only cook with fat and never eat it, and that all the blood she be drained from an animal before you eat it.

tajeco
09-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I saw "Home on the Range", with the animated cows and assorted farm animals, I was rooting for the cows to succeed, like most people probably. I was wondering if the movie had any promotional campaign with McDonalds or Burger King. That would be strange to take kids to get the toys of their new favorite action heroes (the cows) and feed them burgers to eat as they play with them.

damaja
09-18-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't like much pork food. But I like sausages, and that's about it though. I am not into the ol' pork chops and bacon. Booo, fuck that.

Vegan
09-19-2005, 12:20 AM

Peace... You're spot on. Humans are learned omnivores, but we are natuarally designed to be herbivores. I look at pork as I look at all animal flesh, it is all bad.

damaja
09-19-2005, 04:47 AM
I hate vegetables, that's all.

QuiverWS6
09-19-2005, 04:49 PM
While pork may not be the healthiest thing to eat I dont see a problem with including it in part of a balanced diet.
Twinkies are much worse for you and you dont hear religions mentioning them at all :)
Besides human and pig organs are very similar so I doubt pork is all that bad.

EyeHyeAm
09-19-2005, 06:11 PM
http://www.goveg.com/naturalhumandiet.asp

http://www.vegsource.com/veg_faq/comparative.htm

For those who keep saying it's a religious thing.

akira kurosawa
09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
just stick with chicken.

Mumm Ra
09-24-2005, 11:41 AM
I hate vegetables, that's all. It's funny how people have to put all kinds of seasonings/ sauces and whatnot on meat to make it taste more like a vegetable since humans are naturally vegetarian. I'm not vegetarian right now but I've been slowly decreasing my meat intake for the last year or so, and yeah I do eat pork once in a while but at least I acknowledge how bad it is for me. I don't know why people have to bring religious shit into the mix when truth is involved. Never seen a person die from eating pork? lol. It's like saying you've never seen a person die from smoking a pack a day.

Spoon Face
09-24-2005, 07:03 PM
vegetables yuck

bacon burgers with cheddar is real eating

Visionz
09-25-2005, 02:43 AM
I'm sure a 400 lb guy would agree with you.........Osirus, aren't humans naturally omnivores? I always thought our teeth suggest this. I know I got a set of canines. I like the idea of being a vegatarian, I just like meat too fucking much. I have managed to stop eating pork for the last 4-5 years but I'm in Texas and the brisket here is unbelievable.

(-_-) <---GoldenChild
09-25-2005, 07:11 AM

interesting

(-_-) <---GoldenChild
09-25-2005, 07:24 AM
peace.

eyehyeam...is actually on point.
But yall can believe what you wish..., you do ya own thing nahmean.

for all the 5% slander (not stating I am 1 or not), but Biblically speaking... anyone following the Bible wasn't allowed to consume pork. Peep ya Old Testament.

no.2- the word you're looking for EYEhyeAm is TRICHINA (trichnella spiralis). I've seen it in a lab, and we actually got it from a pig. The end result is Trichnosis. And for all the famous musician fanatics....beehtoven, brahms, 1 of em...died as a result of trichina.....basically eating under cooked pork and meat in general. This is nothing new.

no.3- regardless..you can heat pork up....microwave it...etc....several thousands of degrees....and the parasites still linger.

no.4- pigs have 2 stomachs..(cows have 5 stomachs..and are vegetarian...therefore they digest food better...and easier), and their..PIGS.. digestive systems are HORRIBLE..and they digest food quickly...the whole process is an hour or 2 at most. Anything that is not digested obviously goes where.....into the rest of your body...muscles especially (the fav place of where trichinae love to set up shot). So pigs...eating everything and under the sun...including each other..and their own shit.....literally....., they eat all of it...and at the most...digest a 1/5th of it only..which is why they have been historically and scientifically linked to disease. There are stories..on farms..where pigs have been another domestic animal..and killed it as a result of the bite. I had a great great great relative suffer a bite and die.

no.5- no one gives a damn if you eat pig or not. That's on you. But if you are not taking care of yourself...like 8 out of 10 americans who will have 5 MILLION AND 1 VASCULAR RELATED problems here in about 10 years or less...., you might wanna switch up diets.

no. 6- cooking anything increases the presence of carcinogens pointblank.

Regardless.,

peace.

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN
interesting

MantiZ
09-25-2005, 07:41 AM
one must be dumb to say that pig eats everything including it's shit. it's obvious that it was written by pure city boy who hasn't seen a pig. In fact pigs choose very carefully what to eat. i had few pigs in Belorussia and i'm saying what i've seen with my own eyes - one day when my grandma gave food to them they came over, examined it, tasted a bit and turned around refusing to eat. Pigs also shit only in one corner - as far from place they rest at as possible.

So STFU and stop telling bad things bout pigs!

Mumm Ra
09-25-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm sure a 400 lb guy would agree with you.........Osirus, aren't humans naturally omnivores? I always thought our teeth suggest this. I know I got a set of canines. I like the idea of being a vegatarian, I just like meat too fucking much. I have managed to stop eating pork for the last 4-5 years but I'm in Texas and the brisket here is unbelievable.
Human canines aren't really true canine teeth, just called that because where they're placed. Even if they were that still wouldn't explain why the rest of our body isn't designed to digest raw meat without getting horribly ill.

Spoon Face
09-25-2005, 12:18 PM
its all just food
you put it in your mouth and it comes out of your ass

Mumm Ra
09-25-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't usually call shit that rots in my stomach and poisons me, "food."

Spoon Face
09-25-2005, 12:41 PM
it only rots and poisons you if you don't shit
so don't be full of shit just go sit on the toilet and let it rip

MantiZ
09-25-2005, 12:59 PM
yeah i shit at least once a day. so it can't rot. it just comes out. :P

and i tasted raw meat several times - nuttin bad happened to me. you just have to be sure that it's clean.

Spoon Face
03-25-2006, 02:09 PM
nothings better than a ham and cheese sandwich after a hard game of hockey

brown_dogg
03-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Human canines aren't really true canine teeth, just called that because where they're placed.

i'm pretty sure we were meant to eat meat. and well, even if we weren't "meant" to, it definitely allowed us to prosper. For example, nearing the end of human evolution there were two types of humans: The Cro-Magnons and the Neanderthals. The neanderthals died out, leaving the cro-magnons to eventually evolve into us. But studies have shown that during these times the Cro-Magnons had bigger brains than the Neanderthals, and were therefore able to master survival better. Cro-Magnons were carnivores, whereas the Neanderthals were herbivores. Studies have also therefore shown that the diet during these times was co-related the the brain size.

Even if they were that still wouldn't explain why the rest of our body isn't designed to digest raw meat without getting horribly ill.

We can digest raw meat, but because of all the shit that's in it, we get horribly ill.

HANZO
03-25-2006, 04:42 PM
im a muslim and have never eaten pork in my life, the reason why mainly is that i dont see it as a healthy meat. got a lot of friends who claim to be a muslim but still eat pork, another way to look at it is that it is a simple guideline to follow, dont eat this meat but you can eat all the other meats. If you cant follow this simple guideline then why call yourself a muslim.
Also that phrase you are what you eat also implies i mean look carefully espeicially white people who eat pork they start looking like pigs. Im serious they go pink the more they eat.

LORD NOSE
03-25-2006, 04:45 PM
got a lot of friends who claim to be a muslim but still eat pork,

are you serious ?

HANZO
03-25-2006, 05:12 PM
are you serious ?

yeah man, everyday at school we go to lunch, they all go buy bacon or ham sandwiches. Then they have the nerve to say they are proud muslims and follow everything, i always question them on there belief but because they turkish they claim that they are alevis (something like shia muslim but only found in turkey, i think its jus a made up religion for lazy turks.) they just say alevis are allowed to eat anything they want, and still be muslim.

LORD NOSE
03-25-2006, 05:14 PM
ok yeah man, everyday at school we go to lunch, they all go buy bacon or ham sandwiches. Then they have the nerve to say they are proud muslims and follow everything, i always question them on there belief but because they turkish they claim that they are alevis (something like shia muslim but only found in turkey, i think its jus a made up religion for lazy turks.) they just say alevis are allowed to eat anything they want, and still be muslim.

thats deep - this is in Turkey ?

never heard anything like that before

oh i see your in the UK

HANZO
03-25-2006, 05:21 PM
its all complicated shit, i think its all bullshit to be honest. the religion makes no sense. They dont pray dont go to the mosque, they dont go on the hajj pilgrimage, believe that mohammeds cousin Ali is the rightful heir to mohamed. after all this they still say their way of islam is the best way.

THE W
03-25-2006, 05:28 PM
seems like the thread title was changed from "war on swine" to "pork" lol

LORD NOSE
03-25-2006, 06:07 PM
its all complicated shit, i think its all bullshit to be honest. the religion makes no sense. They dont pray dont go to the mosque, they dont go on the hajj pilgrimage, believe that mohammeds cousin Ali is the rightful heir to mohamed. after all this they still say their way of islam is the best way.

there are people who call themselves Muslims out here in the west who pray,go to mosque,and been on hajj who sell pork, liquor, and a whole lotta other bad shit i won't post right now - guess its all the same

people is gonna be people

LORD NOSE
03-25-2006, 06:08 PM
seems like the thread title was changed from "war on swine" to "pork" lol

its a different thread

dam that sig is making me..............

Blazing Fire
03-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Also that phrase you are what you eat also implies i mean look carefully espeicially white people who eat pork they start looking like pigs. Im serious they go pink the more they eat.

yes they grin like pigs

LORD NOSE
03-26-2006, 05:24 AM
it seems to cloud judgement also

LHX
11-30-2006, 08:15 PM
bumped for the new guy

100pr00f
12-01-2006, 06:49 AM
what new guy

LHX
12-01-2006, 08:47 AM
the invisible imaginary one

100pr00f
12-12-2007, 07:45 PM
pork

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
12-12-2007, 08:25 PM
There are many illnesses that it leads to, but primarily hypertension.

take it easy

Homie You Get Hypertension From Red Meats Stuff That Causes High Blood Pressure

LORD NOSE
12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Homie You Get Hypertension From Red Meats Stuff That Causes High Blood Pressure

???

JKDRevolutionary
12-13-2007, 07:00 AM

Not to be an ass but we are anatomically omnivores. Our hands and nails are designed to pick fruit and veggies, and you are right about the intestinal tract, but Humans are hunters. We have eyes on the front of our heads because we need to see our prey, in contrast to herbivores who usually need to see what's chasing them, hence eyes on the side of the head.

The reason a lion's teeth is not like ours is because it only eats meat which is the same reason a giraffe's teeth isnt, it only eats plants...our teeth are simply a compromise between the two, i.e. sharp teeth in front for tearing flesh, broad molars in back for mashing plant material.

you also forget that the human hunter's biggest asset is his brain. thats why we made the utensils.

the lion is too dumb so naturally he is born with what he needs...humans can create tools so of course we aren't gonna be born with claws and razor teeth

100pr00f
12-13-2007, 07:22 AM
fo sho..,