PDA

View Full Version : I was born Intelligent

Visionz
02-05-2009, 03:47 AM
It's true. I started talking at four months and can remember most of my life vividly from about three and a half on. To a certain extent I think that in a metaphorical sense the brain is a cup and they come in different sizes. All of them no matter who it is will overflow eventually with a continuous flow of water its just that some are going to fill up before others.

Where someone else ends up on this scale is a mix of both inheritance and environment but I imagine that the genetics play more of a roll than the surroundings. Amazingly talented and intelligent people have come from some very fucked up places. This is because who they are will overcome where they are.

Regardless, there's a tendency to look down on those whose capabilities may not be up to par with the man next to him. What should be realized though is that no person has any less value in that they too are owed dignity and respect. Most kids don't say they wanna grow up and be the trashman but imagine what new york city would look like if no one was doing the job. So respect due to those whose brains won't handle too much. Despite whatever they (whoever "they" happen to be) say about you I know the world needs you. Respect.

Back to intelligence,..... just cause you're born with that potential doesn't mean its going to be realized. Some may develop a heroine addiction and overdose by the time they're twenty. (After-all intelligence doesn't guarantee absence of weakness) Some may get almost completely derailed by a crazy enviroment but pull through and come out of it somewhat unscaithed but still a bit damaged. Some managed to ignore all distractions and fully realize who it is exactly that they're supposed to be.

There's a wide range of spectrum in human existence and it all should be respected. If we actually had respect for that full range at every range of existence then the world would be a lot better off.

You have to be the change you want to see.

Come Honor Face
02-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Could I hit that pipe after you're done?

diggy
02-05-2009, 04:00 AM
I believe, based on study and experience, that memory plays a huge part in intelligence. The more info you can memorize and recall, the greater are your chances at learning and not repeating dumb mistakes.

I've seen some people make the most dumbest mistakes simply cuz they have not focused on what they were doing, nor did they listen when spoken to cuz they were too busy trying to interupt with OPINIONS not FACT.

Just cuz a person is intelligent, does not guarantee them a good job. An article was in the papers months ago about some genius working in a library. Some people choose to be the trash man cuz, they could not get a better job (hard competition). Getting a good job is like hitting the lotto; u could do all you can, but the employer is the one who makes the choice if u get it or not (when you seek employment).

Visionz
02-05-2009, 04:01 AM
I cashed that last bowl. You wanna match? :b

Charles Barry
02-05-2009, 04:03 AM
I believe, based on study and experience, that memory plays a huge part in intelligence. The more info you can memorize and recall, the greater are your chances at learning and not repeating dumb mistakes.

I've seen some people make the most dumbest mistakes simply cuz they have not focused on what they were doing, nor did they listen when spoken to cuz they were too busy trying to interupt with OPINIONS not FACT.

Just cuz a person is intelligent, does not guarantee them a good job. An article was in the papers months ago about some genius working in a library. Some people choose to be the trash man cuz, they could not get a better job (hard competition). Getting a good job is like hitting the lotto; u could do all you can, but the employer is the one who makes the choice if u get it or not (when you seek employment).
Very true.

Visionz
02-05-2009, 04:07 AM

Word......on this last part I wouldn't say that you can really define intelligence simply because of a job someone holds. At the same time, there's jobs out there that no matter how hard certain people could try to learn it, it could just never be done. Even with a perfect upbringing (what ever the hell that would mean)

Come Honor Face
02-05-2009, 04:07 AM

Hard to argue that.

diggy
02-05-2009, 04:16 AM
I also believe I am intelligent. If people were to describe my character, one word they would not use is "stupid".

I learn quickly.

Visionz
02-05-2009, 04:25 AM
I also believe I am intelligent. If people were to describe my character, one word they would not use is "stupid".

I learn quickly.
Another thing to add credit to what you where saying. I could go out and get paid more than what I am but I'm happy with doing what I'm doing. I don't need any more stress on me that what I'm getting now and I'm in charge of my day to day activities. I'm not in a hurry to run out and give that up for 10K more a year. When it comes down to it, the money just don't mean that much.

Learning quickly is such an important thing. I work with a guy who's asking questions about steps in going through things that he should have been presumably using for the last 5-6 months. shit starts to get old after a while.

diggy
02-05-2009, 04:39 AM
I feel ya.

A person can get their needs met with a certain amount of money, but getting more may not improve life.

Some get caught up in the rat race only to start looking for something intangable later on, that money cannot provide.

Uncle Steezo
02-05-2009, 05:50 AM
my uncle is a genius grad HS at age 15 type dude. started studying engineering. he was eccentric as many geniuses are and VOLUNTEERED for veitnam. not so smart huh? the war fucked him up he got hooked on heroin and alcohol and took him 50 years to get his mind right. but i look at him like "damn wasted potential like a muhfukka". you can still tell that he is smart but the streets have beat him down to the point where he is a fracftion of where he should be in terms of mental sharpness.

he's my dad's older brother. my dad folled in his footseps and studied engineering but he wasn't as smart. still smart. but Unk was that DUDE. my dad had that "stick to it" mentality. still does. its brought him success

the race for money never quits. my father who is worth a couple million maybe 2.5 max, tells me about the diff between rich , really rich and fuckin filthy rich. over the past 7 years he has been rubbing elbows with bigger and bigger fish. riding in your own jet from vegas to watch the hockey team you own type of fish.

In the eyes of the elite:
basically when you hit the million dollar mark you are at ground level. you are not considered special and you really aren't rich you just aren't poor. lol fucked up right?

rich is around 10 million you are considered a player now you can play "the game"
the game is to see how much money you can collect before you are dead. because after 10 million what is there that you could possibly want that you don't have already or could easily buy?

the next level is 10-999 million a pretty large field but until you reach that $1B mark you aint shit to the bigger fish. you are now part of "the club"

Billionairs club this group of greedy bastards literally ask eachother "so how many billions do you have?" this is where the whole concept of wealth is thrown out the window and it is purely a game. see how many billions you can get. honestly is 20 billion more than 5 billion? what can the 20 billion muhfukka do that the 5 billion muhfukka can't?

and its all about COLLECTING not about doing something with the money its about hording the cash.

and yes most super rich folks know eachother. thay make it a point to.

TSA
02-05-2009, 07:19 AM
i think intelligence, whatever it is, takes you less far in life then character will.

02-05-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm next

Oh, and by the way, I was born from a virgin:hippy:

Come Honor Face
02-06-2009, 01:03 AM
i think intelligence, whatever it is, takes you less far in life then character will.

People from Nebraska should not reply to this thread.

Guarded By Martyrs
02-06-2009, 01:18 AM

Interesting theory.

Depends what you wish to get out of life though.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-06-2009, 02:09 AM
I also believe I am intelligent.

hahaha

Longbongcilvaringz
02-06-2009, 02:10 AM

That's a good point.

02-06-2009, 03:26 AM
People from Nebraska should not reply to this thread.
:lmao:

and people from Hellbląg/Nad Żarem(Poland)?:9~

Mumm Ra
02-06-2009, 07:56 AM
I think passion plays a key role too
a person with a passion will sacrifice all kinds of shit to get to where they see themselves going, including personal health and safety, regardless of intelligence level

also there are a lot of extremely smart people in this world who haven't figured out just what it is they should be doing
and then there are people who knew exactly what they were going to be at 3 years old

LORD NOSE
02-06-2009, 12:03 PM
what is intelligence ?

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1477907#post1477907

shinobi4227
02-06-2009, 05:44 PM
It's true. I started talking at four months and can remember most of my life vividly from about three and a half on. To a certain extent I think that in a metaphorical sense the brain is a cup and they come in different sizes. All of them no matter who it is will overflow eventually with a continuous flow of water its just that some are going to fill up before others.

Where someone else ends up on this scale is a mix of both inheritance and environment but I imagine that the genetics play more of a roll than the surroundings. Amazingly talented and intelligent people have come from some very fucked up places. This is because who they are will overcome where they are.

Regardless, there's a tendency to look down on those whose capabilities may not be up to par with the man next to him. What should be realized though is that no person has any less value in that they too are owed dignity and respect. Most kids don't say they wanna grow up and be the trashman but imagine what new york city would look like if no one was doing the job. So respect due to those whose brains won't handle too much. Despite whatever they (whoever "they" happen to be) say about you I know the world needs you. Respect.

Back to intelligence,..... just cause you're born with that potential doesn't mean its going to be realized. Some may develop a heroine addiction and overdose by the time they're twenty. (After-all intelligence doesn't guarantee absence of weakness) Some may get almost completely derailed by a crazy enviroment but pull through and come out of it somewhat unscaithed but still a bit damaged. Some managed to ignore all distractions and fully realize who it is exactly that they're supposed to be.

There's a wide range of spectrum in human existence and it all should be respected. If we actually had respect for that full range at every range of existence then the world would be a lot better off.

You have to be the change you want to see.

Mad props. Wise words at its fullest. Most intresting topic i've read on ktl in a long time.