PDA

View Full Version : KRS-One: Black President "Doesn't Matter"

food for thought
02-08-2009, 11:46 AM
While the majority of Hip Hop is singing the praises of President Barack Obama, KRS-One [click to read] is simply not convinced that Obama represents “change we can believe in.”

In a video that recently surfaced on the Internet through Alex Jones Radio, the Blast Master dropped a freestyle and his thoughts on the nation’s 44th President.

“In four years will we still like him, in eight years will we still hype him?” he asks in the rap.

“The new world order just put on a black face,” he later said.

When the performance concluded, KRS opened up backstage on the state of the nation and the world.

“After we leave the emotionalism alone, what should we be looking out for? Just because we have an African American president doesn’t mean that he’s not going to continue the Bush agenda. I’m not dissing anybody, but a politician is a politician.”

KRS went on to state that he believes the rise of black politicians is the result of a loss of power in the communities that elect them to office.

“If you really want to see what black governance is like, take a look at the mayors of major cities. When the cities were in power, we couldn’t be the mayors, it was when the cities lost power, they put in black mayors. When the states had power, we couldn’t be governors. When the states lost power, we have African American senators and governors.

“Now the nation has lost power, the dollar has lost power. The world is global. Now you can get a black president because it doesn’t matter. It’s global now.”

He went on to warn listeners that the people may be in for an uphill battle to achieve real change in the country.

“If Barack is true to the people, he will have opposition,” he said. “If there’s opposition, we the people will have to fight.”

LORD NOSE
02-08-2009, 12:06 PM
i feel the same

02-08-2009, 05:36 PM
We'll see...

ALCATRAZ
02-08-2009, 06:00 PM
LOL KRS is just jealous that he isn't the first black president..... tell KRS to put a sock in it

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
02-08-2009, 06:15 PM
LOL KRS is just jealous that he isn't the first black president..... tell KRS to put a sock in it

Amen. KRS is a sad faggot.

I still don't understand why people care when rappers or actors try to talk about politics.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-08-2009, 06:17 PM
these people will never be satisfied. They will always take the counterpoint position.

it doesnt matter, if your a productive human, just do your thing and don't give these people change when they ask for it.

Charles Barry
02-08-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm not a big supporter of KRS but his points are valid.

TSA
02-08-2009, 06:45 PM
no his points are valid.

it doesn't matter cause america's problems are global?

really?

like RIGHT NOW they just became global you uneducated ugly bastard?

anyways yeah, KRS ONE is a sad faggot. a sad sad faggot. He's actively crusading against any hint of joy 27 year olds with braces that listen to him might have for such a landmark moment in american history.

Charles Barry
02-08-2009, 07:05 PM
no his points are valid.

it doesn't matter cause america's problems are global?

really?

like RIGHT NOW they just became global you uneducated ugly bastard?

anyways yeah, KRS ONE is a sad faggot. a sad sad faggot. He's actively crusading against any hint of joy 27 year olds with braces that listen to him might have for such a landmark moment in american history.
You're always so quick to chime in with your two cents worth of barely understandable Nigerian gibberish. Everything that you type is either to prove further that you're retarded, or to gain acceptance and laughs from the white members of this forum. If you actually think about what KRS is saying, there is some truth to his statement. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter what the dude thinks, but he brings up an interesting point.

TSA
02-08-2009, 07:09 PM
i stopped on like the 5th word

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.blackvoices.com/blogs/media/2008/06/krs-one-craig-cohen-(2).jpg
ElO4Lz, you'Re less popular then me

Charles Barry
02-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Take your medication.

TSA
02-08-2009, 07:13 PM
i dont have medication
what are you talking about?
http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/k/Krs_One/sq-krsone-press-koc.jpg
Im more popular then you.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-08-2009, 07:17 PM
there is a little bit of truth to what he was saying, like his first sentence, but after that, when you realize he's not a rational person and he's into five million conspriacies, he loses all credibility, so anything that he says that is true or worthwhile is rendered meaningless because of that.

TSA
02-08-2009, 07:24 PM
ill go back and read it, in disguarding the fact that you're a total idiot and taking your word for it.

EDIT: Wow. douche.

Mr. X
02-08-2009, 07:29 PM
It's sad that he's serious about this.

ALCATRAZ
02-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Amen. KRS is a sad faggot.

I still don't understand why people care when rappers or actors try to talk about politics.
Because believe it or not, some people look up to rappers... crazy concept I know...

I don't mind listening to what rappers have to say about politics, cause in a sense they are reporters anyways..... no one is forcing u to listen, its just their opinion... to some people that means sumthin

diggy
02-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Funny how things turn back to their origin

Black slaves

Black president

White man losing power

"spanish people" starting to outnumber others

Back to the beginning of things

TSA
02-09-2009, 12:34 AM
LMAO! we're going back to black slaves, AND black presidents?

knewcheeze
02-09-2009, 12:23 PM
no Buttassasssin don't take medication

but you DID admit you are mentally ill

its just unfathomable how the white supremist element at Wutangcorp know da ledge is against KRS ONE

your jealously and shit got you so worked up against the 5 percenters

are you aware that Kris said things like "that black man is god and white man is the devil stuff is BULLSHIT"

he is one of the few emcees who ever challenged what you hate so much

he is problably the reincarnation of Malcolm X

he's the only emcee eye know to tell EVERYONE that they are God

it just goes to show that nothing at all will please you

you gonna bitch about shit regardless

the truth is O-Bombya is already a murderer

all those people who was celebrating in the streets now officially look stupid to me

your problem is that injustice doesn't bother you

but back to KRS ONE....om a musician who can battle classical musicians in a debate about music and win....eye can battle jazz musicians in a debate about music and win.....eye got that 12 tone system on fuckin lockdown!!!!!! so much that om damn near bored with it

so eye can say that KRS ONE is the Louis Armstrong of Hip Hop

Louis Armstrong is the major innovator of early Jazz

and KRS ONE is the major innovator of early hip hop

everyone and they grandmom knows KRS is that dude

knewcheeze
02-09-2009, 12:38 PM

you a fraud

he's against Obombya cuz he a murder

you just prove that you will justify murder if its a melinated person doing it

bitch...the san francisco trick

Olive Oil Goombah
02-09-2009, 01:06 PM
knowcheeze you just leapfrogged food for thoughtless as the biggest douchebag poster here

diggy
02-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Tru - a black president does not matter for some things

Like war - U.S. will go to war with a nation for the simple fact that in the U.S., war is a business (the military industrial complex). A past president of the U.S. (forgot his name) warned of the danger of the military industrial complex, but people must have not paid him attention.

The U.S. spends billions on "defense", arming themselves. Common sense tells you you don't spend billions on weapons unless you are gonna use it.

So U.S. will go to war with someone and it is only a matter of Which country, and when.

food for thought
02-09-2009, 09:24 PM
knowcheeze you just leapfrogged food for thoughtless as the biggest douchebag poster here

lol @ this faggot dickydooche

you faked your death on a hip hop forum only to find out later that nobody gave a damn that you had died LOL

i dont think anybody can surpass that level of doochebagness.

not to mention youre 32 years old. ancient on the forum.

now run along and fantasize about your "aryan neighborhoods" LOL

faggot.

ALCATRAZ
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
now run along and fantasize about your "aryan neighborhoods" LOL

hahaha who was that nigga that came up in here tryna justify that shit talkin bout a fuckin egyptian ambassador bein mistaken for a gypsy ahahhaah

J-Cee
02-09-2009, 11:25 PM
America will always be fucked..just because the states got a black President aint gonna change it lol.It's like just because Obama is black hes exempt from being dissed and everything else..hes still a politician...he aint a savior.