PDA

View Full Version : RZA As Bobby Digital In Stereo

Sherz
09-08-2005, 08:06 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000241B1.02._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This is a sadly a very.. VERY underated album, by the public in general and by the average wu-fan. Its a well toghether piece of art that never got its due because we were all waiting for that "cure" that we may never get. It goes to show you how close minded hiphop really is (you fucks) Cause if you sit down and really listen to this album, well darn... one of the last great solo joints from the generals

..In Stereo is to me a personal classic. A unique body, kinda bizarre in a very good way. Its didn't sound like anything that outthere, not even now. My favorite tracks are Mantis, NYC Everything (Meth ripped it to pieces), Kiss of The Black Widow. (that portishead sample... genuis!) The abundance of guest appereances kinda left you gasping for more RZA, but when the man delivers.. oh boy. My favorite RZA verse(s) on there is/are from Love Jones. And who can forget Domestic Violence? Just to show you that brilliance isn't that far away from the corner.

Sadly, the second Bobby Digital album wasn't at good at this one. Not even Birth of The Prince. I just wished more people would apreciate this album instead of bitching about the fact that it didn't follow suit to an usual wu sound or that it wasn't a "real" RZA solo joint.

9th Warrior
09-08-2005, 08:21 PM
yo i totally agree

that album was totally experimental, and every experiment fuckin werked. that album is so radically different than anything and its so unqiuely good. 2nd digi album dont match uo, i agree.

BOODOODOODOOBOODOODOODOOBOODOODOODOOBOODOOBOODOO

My First Timbs
09-08-2005, 08:23 PM
i like digi in stereo better than supreme clientele

Sergio
09-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Digi in stereo was so lyrical. " switch blades grenade rhyme flows buck niggas like wild rkinos." I love this album and think it is his best!

Johnny Dust
09-09-2005, 02:56 AM
Great album. NYC Everything, Mantis, Bobby Did It & Kiss Of A Black Widow are banging.

All you analog niggas: prepare to be digitized!

Razorsharp
09-09-2005, 03:08 AM
this LP is a d0pe one indeed

WU-KILLAH
09-09-2005, 05:11 AM

This is a sadly a very.. VERY underated album, by the public in general and by the average wu-fan. Its a well toghether piece of art that never got its due because we were all waiting for that "cure" that we may never get. It goes to show you how close minded hiphop really is (you fucks) Cause if you sit down and really listen to this album, well darn... one of the last great solo joints from the generals

..In Stereo is to me a personal classic. A unique body, kinda bizarre in a very good way. Its didn't sound like anything that outthere, not even now. My favorite tracks are Mantis, NYC Everything (Meth ripped it to pieces), Kiss of The Black Widow. (that portishead sample... genuis!) The abundance of guest appereances kinda left you gasping for more RZA, but when the man delivers.. oh boy. My favorite RZA verse(s) on there is/are from Love Jones. And who can forget Domestic Violence? Just to show you that brilliance isn't that far away from the corner.

Sadly, the second Bobby Digital album wasn't at good at this one. Not even Birth of The Prince. I just wished more people would apreciate this album instead of bitching about the fact that it didn't follow suit to an usual wu sound or that it wasn't a "real" RZA solo joint.

9:|6 it is exactly what I feel !

Konii blaze
09-09-2005, 06:47 AM
classic material

Taysan
09-09-2005, 11:10 AM
classic material
agree

num2son
09-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Good album

triggahappy187
09-09-2005, 11:29 AM
I like the intro
Bobby - 3/5
Unspoken Word - 4/5 love the beat
Airwaves - 5/5 Rza shoulda made it longer by addin more to his verse from the Wake up show
Love Jones - 4/5 Good love song!
NYC Everything - 5/5 Fuckin love this joint
Mantis - 4/5 Nice joint
Holocaust - 2/5 wasn really feelin this 1
Terrorist - 3/5 it was coo
Bobby did it - 3/5 it was ok
Kiss of the black widow - 5/5 Ahahahah dirty kills me "YOU THINK WE DONE LOVE U MA FUCKAS"
My lovin is digi - 4/5 nice soulful shit
Domestic violence - 5/5 Ahahahah sick joint bobby tells it how it is, I like pt 2 better tho
Project talk - 2/5 wasn feelin it
Lab Drunk - 2/5 again wasn feelin it
Fuck what u think - 3/5 - average
Daily Routine - 4/5 - Love the chillin shit

Overall 58/80 Good album not a classic tho

My First Timbs
09-09-2005, 11:34 AM
The Intro -- 4/5
Bobby - 5/5 !!! this joint is sick !!
Unspoken Word - 3/5
Airwaves - 4/5
Love Jones - 4/5 Good love song!
NYC Everything - 5/5
Mantis - 4/5
Holocaust - 5/5 Almost my favorite on the cd
Terrorist - 4/5
Bobby did it - 3/5 it was ok
Kiss of the black widow - 5/5 almost my favorite on the album
My lovin is digi - 5/5 MY FAVORITE TRACK ON THE ALBUM !!!
Domestic violence - 5/5
Project talk - 3/5
Lab Drunk - 3/5
Fuck what u think - 4/5 -
Daily Routine - 5/5 - best wu chorus in a long time ...!!

71/ 85 = 84%

damn this rating is up there with my rating of ob4cl

WU-KILLAH
09-09-2005, 11:56 AM
The cover of the CD fits perfectly to the album ... one of the best cover I've ever seen.

The Intro -- Introduce you very well to the spirit of this (dark and crazy) album

Bobby - 5/5 Pure digital sound !!!!
Unspoken Word - 3,9/5 Very good track but the beat can be anoying with time
Airwaves - 3/5 The "worst" track in the album IMO (it still deserve a 3/5 !!!!!!!!) I like very much the intro where he's trying to find the digi radio station
Love Jones - 5/5 I hate rap love song ... but this one ... damn !!!!
NYC Everything - 4/5 Digi beat with two ill verses
Mantis - 4,5/5 I don't know why I give it "only" 4,5 ... maybe because there are too much 5/5 ??? (Masta Killa's verse is fuckin ill)
Holocaust - 4/5 Im starting to like this one less with time
Terrorist - 3,8/5 Very good but RZA ain't on it plus the last verse is only on the japanese version of the CD, I don't know why
Bobby did it - 4,5/5 I love this one (especially RZA's verse, Jamie's crazy on it !!!)
Kiss of the black widow - 4,2/5 Sounds strange and crazy ... like the whole album actually
My lovin is digi - 5/5 That shit is CLASSIC : you'll never hear a track like that somewhere else !!!!!!!
Domestic violence - 4/5 Nice beat and RZA at his best as an MC
Project talk - 3/5 This one is ok
Lab Drunk - 3,5/5 Again this one is completly in the bobby digital spirit
Fuck what u think - 5/5 - Classic material : the first verse by RZA is ill
Daily Routine - 4,5/5 Let this track grow on you and you'll apreciate it how it deserves to be.

So to conclude it's not hard to understand I consider this album as a classic ... it's like a UFO in the hip hop world ! You can't compare it to anything else !

My First Timbs
09-09-2005, 12:17 PM
My lovin is digi - 5/5 That shit is CLASSIC : you'll never hear a track like that somewhere else !!!!!!!

exactly

deadlymelody
09-09-2005, 05:24 PM
When RZA released Bobby Digital, it was something not really heard in any form of hip hop. It wasn't Liquid Swords, it was 36 Chambers. It's a unique sound. Here's my review

B.O.B.B.Y.-3/5-I don't enjoy this track very much. Beat is sorta boring. Bobby has good verses though but all in all this is a pretty average track to me.

Unspoken Word-5/5-A much better beat with Bobby's signature "bodododod." I like the chous on this song it's real catchy. Bobby has real nice verses on here. This is a banger no doubt. It's a repetitive beat but a lot of wu bangers have repetitive beats.

Airwaves-5/5-It's perfect for how short it is. This this is is a a wu wu tang tang killa killa bee bee blast blast blast blast. I love that shit. An incredible beat with the
wu tang wu tang" chants. Bobby has a good verse. This song needed to have like 2 or 3 more verses.

Love Jones-5/5-A great love song. A great beat that makes me nod your head. Bobby has great verses on this song. Good song to listen to in the rain or especially when doing it.

N.Y.C. Everything-5/5-Another banger which means 4 in a row. I love the bells in the beat and the "hey hey!" Bobby has great verses but you have to love Method Man's verse on the end. Method still has some of the best charisma and flow on the mic i've ever heard.

Mantis-5/5-A great track. This song sounds more on the Liquid Swords side, not like the Bobby Digital side. This sounds more like RZA than Bobby Digital to me which is a great thing. He drops a great verse but I think Masta Killa comes off the best on this song. Tekitha sounds like a bad ass.

Holocaust-5/5-The last about 6 tracks make this album sound like a sure classic. Warcloud drops most likely the best verse on the album. The great voice, flow, and incredible wordplay he sounds like fucking GZA on this song. I think the beat is pretty good but not as good as the previous 3 tracks. Ghostface drops some Supreme Clientele shit with his verse. What's he talking about?

Terrorist-5/5-Another banger makes 7 great tracks in a row. This is one of my favorite RZA beats. I dont know, I guess the drums are addictive to me. The Black Knights are rugged on the mic! They got flow on this song. I guess Bobby Digital figured he didn't need to drop a verse on this song.

Bobby Did It-3/5-An ok beat but nothing great. A lot of people hate Islord, but I like him and he does well on this song. I like Bobby drops a dope verse on here but once again this Warcloud fella is just ridiculous on this album. RZA should have done beats for this guy.

Handwriting on the Wall-3/5-Ras Kass has a cool verse but I love Bobby's freestyle it's pretty dope. Short song though.

Kiss of a Black Widow-5/5-Ol Dirty IS this song. Man that crazy motherfucker is the craziest guy to ever grab the mic. Digital has a freestyle, it's alright he flows good with it. Dirty has a hilarious verse. Great beat, great sample.

My Lovin' is Digi-5/5-It took me about 20 listens to like this track but I love it now. I love the beat and this one of Digital's best appearances rapping. It's a pretty addictive track.

Domestic Violence-4/5-I like the beat. It's a real creative track with the "You kicks aint shit, your whips ain't shit" going on for like a minute. Bobby has hilarious verses on this song. It's a good song but not the best on the album, which a lot of people seem to think it is.

Project Talk-2/5- Sounds like "The Projects" remixed. Not a real good song but it's only 90 seconds long so it's not anything to get scared about. Just skip it.

Lab Drunk-5/5-A great beat. Man RZA brought the heat on this one. One of my favorite tracks on the album. This album always gets forgotten about, it's a classic wu banger.

Fuck What You Think-3/5-Great beat but one of the only times i'll say I don't like Digital on this track. Don't really like the chorus either. It's a decent song though.

Daily Routine-4/5- A decent song again. The beat is ok but the only reason I listen to it is because I like the chorus. Well now that i'm listening to the song I really feel Bobby Digital on this track, he's spitting knowledge. He sounds like RZA on this song. So I switch it to 4/5.

72/85

A near classic to me. A banging album but I almost love Digital Bullet even more. What can I say, i'm a Digi fan.

Denouncer
09-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I like the bobby digital style more than the prince, he just has such raw flows as the digi.

Mark
09-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah this cd is fucking ill.

Nice RZA beats! :yes:
Nice RZA and BOBBY DIGI verses :yes:
Very nice line up! (TIMBO, KENETIC, KILLARMY, BLACK KNIGHTS, GHOSTFACE, WU-TANG CLAN, TEKITHA, damn, loads of Wu Fam on this disc!)

Some very slow laid-back joints with a lazy RZA, but it's not really bad, it's perfect for the album. It's just perfect. Domestic Voilence is so gangstah.

hotnikks
09-11-2005, 12:04 AM
no doubt this album is dope, i just like his second album more.

Rebel_INS
09-11-2005, 11:23 PM
1.Intro
2.B.O.B.B.Y - 5/5
3.Unspoken Word - 5/5
4.Slow Grind African
5.Airwaves
6.Love Jones - 5/5
7.N.Y.C Everything - 5/5
8.Mantis - 5/5 (DOPE)
9.Slow Grind French
10.Holocaust - 5/5
11.Terrorist - 4/5
12.Bobby Did It - 4.5/5
13.Handwriting On The Wall
14.Kiss Of A Black Widow - 5/5
15.Slow Grind Italian
16.My Lovin Is Digi - 4/5
17.Domestic Violence - 5/5 (Classic)
18.Project Talk - 4/5
19.Lab Drunk - 4/5
20.Fuck What You Think - 5/5
21.Daily Routine - 5/5

RZA comes hard on the lyrics, so lyrically im lovin the album. The production is dope, seems experiemental from a different perspective. But now, I like the beats on the album.

Holmes
09-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Love the concept, both albums are banging. Agree with the covers too, the artwork fits the style exact.

lucky arms
09-12-2005, 02:46 PM
I have never heard this album I had a friend in High School who was a hardocre metal head that thought of buying it. But myself I have never heard anything off of this album.

Antibody
09-12-2005, 03:29 PM
9/10 for beats 8/10 for lyrics. 8.5/10 overall. "I confuse you like a 48 track mix board" - love that line. Thought this was average at first but it grows on you. Only tracks I don't really like are Spanish Fly and Lovin Is Digi.... everything else is awesome, even if some of the guest MC's are kinda average.

dat MF
09-13-2005, 10:28 AM
nice album. rza killed on it

snapple
09-13-2005, 07:21 PM
album kinda bores me, only tracks i really feel are nyc everything, holocaust, domestic vioelcne, and my lovin is digi, everything else is ok. id take birth of a prince over this

lucky arms
09-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Got it today dope album.

talassi
09-15-2005, 08:31 PM
classic

Frank Drebin
09-23-2005, 10:06 PM
I really loved this album from the first time I heard it. I know it aint a top 5 wu-tang album but its the album I have listened to the most. The production and lyrics are amazing. I bit biased here cause Rza can in my eyes do no wrong but 9.999999999999999/10

Tangaz
09-24-2005, 01:38 AM
'Twas an all round top notch production. Guests, beats, expermintation, cover art, track structures...has it all.

After a drunken party, a robbery (Ooh, when I find you cunt...) and a mate who I got listenin' to Wu with it, I've actually bought this album 4 times! Sadly I can't get that interview disc any more.

People are far too quick to hate when all they want to hear is 36 Chambers again. Fuckers.

And cuttin' in a fart in NYC Everything?!?! Gold!! Only The RZA!!

Antibody
09-24-2005, 05:55 AM
I wanna change my original rating from 9/10 for beats to 10/10 for beats. that's 9/10 overall. Love this album, been playing it loads recently

the silencer
09-25-2005, 11:54 PM
i agree with everybody.....this one of my fav Wu albums ever...Unspoken Word and Lab Drunk are my fav tracks tho...

in the song reviews u guys made i cant believe some of u werent feelin Lab Drunk?!?!....has evrybody given this song a thorough listen?....that shit is incredible...."MCin to me is easier than breathin, makin beats to me is easier than peein, feelin vibes is easier than seein.."

and Love Jones is without a doubt one of the best love songs ive ever heard in my life....

for me personally this is a 10/10....but i can understand why some ppl disagree....

PS: im fiendin for more Digi....way better flow than the Prince or Rza or wutever he is rappin as right now.....i thought Biochemical Equation was weak.....B-O-B-B-Y wooda tore that track up..

Fragmented
09-26-2005, 01:41 AM
i don't like this album being honest, 7 out of 10 for me

pablobaluba
09-28-2005, 02:13 PM
i like digi in stereo better than supreme clientele
yeah...true/ a very underrated lp....a new definition of undergrund

STARKS_WALLABEES
09-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Yo man i agree, this album is classic RZA shit. My favourite RZA album , way better than BOAP imo and was just listening to Kiss Of A Black Widow the other day ... that kinda shit is what makes this album so cool , not many other mc's would think of likening a hoodrat bitch to a black widow spider , both destroy their lovers after reproducing - haha maad clever shit .

Peace .

leaguer1
10-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Reviewed seven years after its release. My opinion has never really changed from my first listen to now.

The Setup: I think its good, not classic. Also, I never liked the Bob Digi persona. I just think going "BOOODOOODOOO" and "DIGI YEAH YOU KNOW WHO IS HE" is stupid.

I'm fine with everyone having an experimental album here and there. The problem was the timing. The first Wu album after Wu-Tang Forever? Come on RZA! But anyway....

I feel that this is RZA's best album. I really didn't feel the second Digi at all, and I think this album was more of a HIT then Birth of a Prince.

Sidenote: Lots of bullshit skits to break up the album. Never like that.

15 joints: Lets face it, it has some wack songs on it.

Upside: It also has thunderbolts of genius in it. Unspoken Word and Mantis really shine. Meth and Holocaust really bring their A-game to their verses on the album. Kiss of a Black Widow is my favorite track. What a amazing song. Amazingly enough is that RZA didn't even produce that track.

Nice cover (whatever that means)
Nice try (very creative RZA - even with my bitching you always have my respect)

Conclusion: after all my complaining there is still a lot of highs on this project. 7/10.

PS: Islord is wack.

crass
10-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Check this review of it from pitchforkmedia.com

RZA
Bobby Digital in Stereo
[V2; 1998]
Rating: 2.9</B>

Wu-Tang albums show up in Pitchfork mailboxes more frequently than issues of Jane and Lowrider. In 1999, we can look forward to twelve assorted Wu-Tang records. They should consider pooling all their records and just releasing a third proper Wu-Tang Clan album. Make it a decuple album-- call it Encyclopedia Wu-Tannica. But no. Of course, every Wu-Tang member has to step aside to do a solo project to prove that, yes, in fact, even alone, he sounds just like the Wu-Tang Clan, but with less people.

First up for the nine-nine is RZA's Underoo-Tang fantasy "concept" album, Bobby Digital in Stereo. Yes, your "extremely drug-induced" bells and whistles should be flaring right about now. Think "Stan Lee presents... Da Muthaf*&%in' Ghetto!" Supposedly there's a plot, but you wouldn't know it from listening to the album. Bobby Digital, who shields his anonymity with a bedsheet and plastic party mask, embodies the alter-id of RZA. According to the story, Bobby's list of superpowers includes smoking lots of weed, shooting Glocks, disrespecting women, smacking women in the face with his penis, and talking on a cellphone. Sort of like an x-rated Blankman.

As far as hip-hop concept albums go, this concept looks quite circuitous. Here's the concept in a nutshell: RZA, a rapper, has an alter-ego that's a hardcore gangsta rapper. The thinly veiled plot, about as sturdy as the script for Twister, provides a cheap vehicle for RZA to cruise through tired cliches. If further removed from the genre, it might be considered satire. But like I say, just because Scream makes fun of lame, unscary teen horror movies doesn't mean it isn't a lame, unscary teen horror movie.

RZA (b. Robert Diggs) undeniably cooks spooky beats. Early-century strings, brisk beats and bleeps, and female soul-crooning percolate through the minimal mix, coming off in its best moments like Portishead and Björk on a hip-hop trip. However, at this point in his career, RZA can crank out heartbeat tracks like this from his hypothalamus in his sleep. And with the glut of all things Wu, hip-hop is supersaturated with such sounds.

Lyrically, RZA has proven in the past that he can do better. Randomly stringing anime references, martial arts lingo, crotch-grabbing bravado, and product names, RZA's rhymes tumble from his lips like marbles. A creative vocabulary saves some grace, but the "pussy's," "bitch's" and "motherfucker's" far outweigh the "tighter than prescription bottles" and "Mr. Potatohead Ore-Ida deep-fried krinkle cuts." Sometimes I wonder if Wu-Tang members look around the kitchen and read labels for lyrics. I mean, it's a clever technique, but an empty one.

Bobby Digital earns the dubious distinction of having the most annoying rap song of the year, "B.O.B.B.Y." For the chorus, RZA spits out the spelling "B-O-B-B-Y-D-I-G-I-T-A-L" over and over, sounding like a street-tough Cookie Monster. There are some keepers, such as the Isaac Hayes-ish "Love Jones", but mostly this album is a result of RZA having a recording studio in his den. -Brent DiCrescenzo (http://pitchforkmedia.com/staff/), November, 1998

abasi
10-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Terrorist is the best song on the cd
mybe not best but the most addictive

SurreaL
10-24-2005, 09:42 AM
..In Stereo is to me a personal classic.

I agree.

thundergod
10-27-2005, 07:46 AM
I love the whole concept for this and what followed in RZA's library. The evolution of Robert Diggs. From B-boy late teens(Bobby Digital) , to The Prince(pre Wu- Tang he was Prince Rakeem). Thats why BOAP is half Digi it is the transition to the prince thats why you hear him say "yo dont even call me bobby nomore". Next should be a Rza album since Prince Rakeem was only an EP. Followed by Rzarectah cause that was a year after 36 came out. Then we should get the Cure! cause he would go back to Rza. I listen to this more than any other solo joint.

Shin Densetsu
10-31-2005, 07:58 PM
This is the album I was dissapointed with most from Rza. Rza is one of my fav all time producers and emcees, and my fav of the clan, but man I was dissapointed with this. I had to skip multiple tracks and thought some of it was just uninspired. I did like the "rza" songs on here like lab drunk, domestic violence, I was definitely bumping NYCeverything, which I thought had some awesome metaphors from bob digi. I just couldn't play this album straight through. I personally like BOAP a lot more, its got more depth and better production. Sure some of you may call me out on this but if anything this demonstrates the Rza's growth as an artist. And maybe it was supposed to be a progression from the young bob digi to the matured rza, but to me that is no excuse for an album to becoming partially dissapointing. Don't get me wrong its got some heaters, but I would have to give this a 6/10.

Hollow Dartz
10-31-2005, 10:29 PM
well i think the album is bangin, i skip like 3 tracks but on a normal day while you playin your game or on your computer u can blast it. 4/5

"G" (the Promoter)
11-01-2005, 06:41 AM
I'm going to add my side notes..................When RZA was going to buy the "street team" vehicles,his original idea was to use the then new VW's (that's why theyre on the back of the cover), but he went with conversion vans (like the Bobby Digital one I used to drive). "Domestic Violence", with the woman going off in the background...that shit was REAL at times when you'd call RZA's lab back in the day LOL! The first time I heard DV I was fucking rolling thinking about times I had called. One of my favorite RZA tracks is "Mantis", love the beat, and RZA's flow

Kryptik Skillz
11-05-2005, 11:59 PM
I loved that album. Rza's lyrics were sick on this material. I'm the type a cat that perfers lyricisim over anything else, and the lyrics on this album were ill as fuck.

Alex36
11-08-2005, 04:27 PM
8/10 mabye a 7, one great album there though

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-08-2005, 06:43 PM
I Think Personally Every Rza Lp Has A Different Feel It

To Me Bobby Digital~in Stereo Was More Organic And Cooked Up Wit A Mix Of The Wu Sound With Some Different Give It A 10/10

Digital Bullet Was Too Me Aight It Has It's Shining Momments Such As Be A Man, Glocko Pop, Must Be Bobby, Do U, Show U Love, Can't Loose,brooklyn Babies, And Couple Others

Birth Of A Prince Was Too Me A Hybrid Lp With Bobby Digital And Rza On The Same Album You Could Hear The Stark Contract In Flow And Lyrically Topics Man Boap Was The Bridge To The First Two Bobby Lp's Crossing Into The Rza As A Artist

benzo
11-11-2005, 07:14 PM
It's been a favorite of mine for years. Almost like "Wu Meets the DISCO Culture" or some shit. RZA went 180 degrees from that grimey, 36 Chambers sound to a futuristic, experimental type production. And "Lab Drunk", shiiit.........if you're not feelin that one then RZA ain't for you.

Iron Fist
11-11-2005, 07:23 PM
GREAT album. 9/10. Mantis is one of my favorite and Holocaust too.

braindamage702
11-11-2005, 08:12 PM
lab drunk .... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
that beat right there son wooooooooo
everyone needs to re listen to that shit
that is classic rza beat right there

"my mental ideas are more severe than your heater"

featherfoot
11-16-2005, 11:42 AM
not underrated round these parts. love jones should be a single every time i play it out people love it. this album makes me want to see the bobby digital movie

iniquity
02-06-2006, 10:16 AM
i love this album, imo bibby digtal, the pillage & heavy mental are very underrated .

def a classic : 8.9/10

J Blaze
03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
This CD is fuckin nuts, I love this album and can't see why it gets bad ratings on the net. I can see y'all feel the same exact way. Can remember when I first heard the Domestic Violence shit years back, it was playin at a local skate shop...I went home DL'd the track and put it on repeat for like a week. I been listenin to this album a lot lately an gotta say it's a tight release from Bob Digi, yeah you know who is he. boodoodooboodoodooboo

sakk
03-21-2006, 08:34 PM
One of my favorite Wu albums. My lovin is digi is a phenomenal track.

ShaolinDarts
03-29-2006, 05:20 AM
What an album!!!!!!!!!!! Rza suddenly turns into Bobby and decides to take his fans on a whirlwind ride through an album that I doubt many fans would have ever expected.

This cd is the first time I would have heard this kind of music from Wu Tang. Rza really planned in great detail how he was going to put Bobby out (well atleast it seems that way). The album is not only a great piece of music but catches a fun loving side of the clan that they hadn't really shown too much.

The album is alot more up beat. But Rza doesn't loose himself in Bobby here (like he seems to have done in the more recent past). He manages to balance of the lighter side with a mixing in of the potential down side of living the high life. This album really does illustrate Rza's plan...........all the years in the basement producing hit after hit are now followed by enjoying the fruits of his labour.

Add to this the fact that Rza and the guests rarely drop a line that falls out of place and it shows how good this album was. For me its 9/10.

Luther Large
03-29-2006, 06:07 PM
CLASSIC ALBUM!!!!!!!

most definetly i luv this it brings back so many memories especially when i hear the chorus to "my lovin is digi" or "holocaust"

i just drift off into my own little world every time i hear "unspoken word"

the only reason people sleep on this album or diss it is becuz a wu-member put it out and this aint what you expected from a wu-member but it's just as good and better than some

peace.......

EVEN FLOW
04-07-2006, 11:04 PM
I just got the CD burnt from a friend and its not in order. Can someone give me the list of songs and the chorus from each?

Luther Large
04-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I just got the CD burnt from a friend and its not in order. Can someone give me the list of songs and the chorus from each?

1. Intro
2. B.O.B.B.Y.
3. Unspoken Word
4. Slow Grind African
5. Airwaves
6. Love Jones
7. N.Y.C. Everything
8. Mantis
9. Slow Grind French
10. Holocaust
11. Terrorist
12. Bobby Did It
13. Handwriting On The Wall
14. Kiss Of A Black Widow
15. Slow Grind Italian
16. My Lovin' Is Digi
17. Domestic Violence
18. Project Talk
19. Lab Drunk
20. F*** What You Think
21. Daily Routine

i'm too lazy to list the chorus'

peace out

61stkillah
05-02-2006, 08:48 PM
LOL

only 5 tracks i listen to:

1.Unspoken Word
2.Holocaust(silkworm)
3.Kiss Of The Black Widow
4.Domestic Violence
5.Loving Is Digi(sometimes)

thats in album order i listen to the tracks but...THIS IS NOT A CLASSIC, THIS IS A EXPIRMENTAL FLIP UP, if your tired of the usual, this is the album...its just a regular hip-hop replacement...BUT NOT BETTER DEN SUPREME CLIENTELE...NO WHERE NEAR!
________
Red head live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/redhead-girls/)

61stkillah
05-02-2006, 08:50 PM
WHOOPS HOW CAN I FORGET ABOUT MANTIS and Love Jones...OKAY MAYBE IT IS NEAR A CLASSIC, but not A classic...like i said jus a replacement
________
redheaded Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/redhead-girls/)

deadlymelody
05-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Someone said something about going off in their own world to Unspoken Word. That track is so addicting because Bobby was great on that track.

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-05-2006, 09:23 PM
My version has "Do You Hear the Bells" a 8 minute freestyle... and none of the skits
Favourite tracks;holocaust(ghost is isck on that)unspoken word, airwaves and domestic violence

8/10

claaa7
05-06-2006, 06:48 AM
This album is dope as hell, the concept are crazy and runs throughout the whole album and this really is a new "chamber". But it got so many dope tracks and guestartists (alot of wu-clan & killarmy), "my lovin' is digi" gots to be some of the illest musical landscapes i've heard from rza <--this is hip-hop on a whole other level.

claaa7
05-06-2006, 06:49 AM
KWU - Really, i've heard that "Do You Hear The Bells" feestyle but didn't know that it was on a version of "in stereo". which country did you buy that from, is it australian or somthin?

deadlymelody
05-06-2006, 01:51 PM
I think it's the Japan version

claaa7
05-06-2006, 02:41 PM
hmm, yeah know that you say that it came to mind i've heard about a japanese version of "in stereo" that's a bit different. anybody remember what that was all about? was it just that "do you hear the bells" freestyle (which i didn't feel anyway, to fucking long, glad it's not on my cd), wasn't it a japanese different version of terrorist?

UNCLE RUCKUS
05-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Nah man my Bobby Digital was bought in DC it was the original version.
Peace

deadlymelody
05-07-2006, 12:40 AM
There's a longer version of Terrorist on a different version of the CD as well, featuring a Holocaust verse. I like Can You Hear the Bells because of the beat.

claaa7
05-07-2006, 06:39 AM
i found this when searching for "do you hear the bells" *

* limited release as the b-side of a Stress Magazine CD insert
and the European release of the LP (bobby digital in stereo)

Leo Angel
05-26-2006, 04:19 AM
I think this album is like 8/10, standout tracks:
1. Love Jones (for me, in a top three of love songs ever, just beautiful)
2. Holocaust (siiick banga, Warcloud completely destroy it)
3. N.Y.C. Everything (Meth's verse is ill)
4. Mantis (pure Wu rawness)
5. Domestic Violence (beat is just incredible)

Other dope songs: B.O.B.B.Y., Bobby Did It, Terrorist, Fuck What You Think & Daily Routine.

rubyspirit
06-01-2006, 11:30 AM

I love this disc! It along with Judgement Day are my top 2 CDs ever. Its not just an album, but a mini movie of the life of Bob Digi. The 2nd disc (Bullet) didn't compare.

The Formula for a Cure is really good too.

rubyspirit
06-01-2006, 11:31 AM
I think this album is like 8/10, standout tracks:
1. Love Jones (for me, in a top three of love songs ever, just beautiful)
2. Holocaust (siiick banga, Warcloud completely destroy it)
3. N.Y.C. Everything (Meth's verse is ill)
4. Mantis (pure Wu rawness)
5. Domestic Violence (beat is just incredible)

Other dope songs: B.O.B.B.Y., Bobby Did It, Terrorist, Fuck What You Think & Daily Routine.

You just listed the entire album G. Accept it and rate it the 10/10 it deserves. :spin:

MosHigh
06-02-2006, 12:19 PM
You just listed the entire album G. Accept it and rate it the 10/10 it deserves. :spin:

co-signed...

Hollow Dartz
06-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Bobby - 3.5/5 It is a nice track till the last part, he fucked it up. Shouldn't of did that.

Unspoken Word - 5/5 Classic track to me, beat is fire and everything.

Airwaves - 4/5 Nice Shit
Love Jones - 2.5/5 Shit is weak right here not feeling it too slow for me
NYC Everything - 5/5 Classic Meth Verse
Mantis - 4/5 Nice shit, take that lady off these songs
Holocaust - 4.5/5 Everyone had a Fire verse
Terrorist - 4.5/5 This is my shit I love how the beat drops
Bobby did it - 4.5/5 This shit is fire really feeling Ghosts verse
Kiss of the black widow - 4/5 ODB is a wild kid R.I.P.
My lovin is digi - 3.5/5 Skippable
Domestic violence - 4.5/5 This is crazy right here U God sounds funny
Project talk - 3/5 Kinda weak
Lab Drunk - 4/5 I hated this but I m feeling it now
Fuck what u think - 4/5 - This shit is hot
Daily Routine - 4.5/5 - Both verses are fire

Overall 4/5
Beats 4.5/5
Lyrics - Wtf????? 3.5/5

Seborth
06-21-2006, 02:55 AM
It's good RZA solo album

tacle
07-06-2006, 02:37 PM
It's a very nice album, the whole sound rza delivers, beats and the lyrics are very sick, real digital shit, a good listen.

Bobby Did It
Kiss Of A Black Widow
Lab Drunk

Don't watch these, too sick.

Amazin' production.

Luther Large
07-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Bobby - 3.5/5 It is a nice track till the last part, he fucked it up. Shouldn't of did that.

Unspoken Word - 5/5 Classic track to me, beat is fire and everything.

Airwaves - 4/5 Nice Shit
Love Jones - 2.5/5 Shit is weak right here not feeling it too slow for me
NYC Everything - 5/5 Classic Meth Verse
Mantis - 4/5 Nice shit, take that lady off these songs
Holocaust - 4.5/5 Everyone had a Fire verse
Terrorist - 4.5/5 This is my shit I love how the beat drops
Bobby did it - 4.5/5 This shit is fire really feeling Ghosts verse
Kiss of the black widow - 4/5 ODB is a wild kid R.I.P.
My lovin is digi - 3.5/5 Skippable
Domestic violence - 4.5/5 This is crazy right here U God sounds funny
Project talk - 3/5 Kinda weak
Lab Drunk - 4/5 I hated this but I m feeling it now
Fuck what u think - 4/5 - This shit is hot
Daily Routine - 4.5/5 - Both verses are fire

Overall 4/5
Beats 4.5/5
Lyrics - Wtf????? 3.5/5

my lovin is digi is skippable no way thats a classic

tacle
07-06-2006, 02:46 PM
my lovin is digi is skippable no way thats a classic

Man i never skip tracks on any album no matter what if they shit, whats the really point of listenin' to an album in the first place, any way My Lovin' Is Digi is sick.

Luther Large
07-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Man i never skip tracks on any album no matter what if they shit, whats the really point of listenin' to an album in the first place, any way My Lovin' Is Digi is sick.

oh shit i think you misunderstood me cuz i forgot to put a ? my fault im saying my lovin is digi IS a classic

let me rephrase

My lovin is digi is skippable???? No way....that song is a classic i love it

tacle
07-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Oh right sorry man.

famenchuan
07-27-2006, 10:25 AM
This album is def underated. Brought it 6 months ago and listen to a couple songs and turned it off. Gave it another chance about two days ago and its crazy. The guest spots, production and the whole vibe. For Rza to think up a whole character and a personality for it is crazy.

Rame
08-23-2006, 10:46 AM
It has some really dope tracks on it but also some really wack ones, i'll give it a 6.5 or 7

CharlesJones
09-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Garbage album. Domestic Violence is the only song i like.

DarkEXile
09-30-2006, 10:40 PM
I've been sleeping on this one for a long time. It was one of those albums that were on my want list. So i finally picked it up this weekend, and it's a great album. It's a much better album now than when the first time I heard it back in the day.

Dough Snatcher
09-30-2006, 10:56 PM
[Currently looking at the vinyl back]
-Side A
Unspoken Word
Airwaves
-Side B
Mantis
Holocaust
-Side C
Hand Writing
Kiss of a Black Widow "Triple breed motha fuckas"
Slow Grind italian
-Side D
Lab Drunk
Daily Routine "Wasten shots like masturbation"

^The only tracks I ever really listen to...

DTS
10-01-2006, 07:29 AM
i don't like this album being honest, 7 out of 10 for me

In general class album, has liked me!!!

THE W
10-01-2006, 09:22 AM

11th Chamber
10-02-2006, 03:26 AM
[Currently looking at the vinyl back]
-Side A
Unspoken Word
Airwaves
-Side B
Mantis
Holocaust
-Side C
Hand Writing
Kiss of a Black Widow "Triple breed motha fuckas"
Slow Grind italian
-Side D
Lab Drunk
Daily Routine "Wasten shots like masturbation"

^The only tracks I ever really listen to...

wow, ur missin out on some of the real bangas dude.

Frank Drebin
10-02-2006, 03:37 AM
my 3rd favourite album all time after Liquid Swords and 36Chambers

the insignificant
10-06-2006, 04:39 AM
great album hampered by some unnecessary guest appearances... but overall gold... b.o.b.b.y may be his most underrated beat...

IRAN
10-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Classic!!! Had the album 7 years now and still listen to tracks about once a week. B.O.B.B.Y, Unspoken Word and NYC Everything are in my all time greats.

tha god concept
10-06-2006, 06:58 PM
classic obv

Grongle
10-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Banga

11th Chamber
10-19-2006, 03:09 PM
CLASSIC. I still get lost when I listen too My Lovin Is Digi or Love Jones

Sean
10-20-2006, 11:14 AM
I suppose this is completely different from Rza's Gravediggaz work then?

I don't care I'm still going to buy it. Rza is the man.

wuswordz95
10-22-2006, 08:57 PM
I bought the album last week at tower records. that tower records is going out of bizzness. i dont have the tracklist. i love luvung boby didgi. bobby holocaust, and about 5 other songs this cd is banging. it maybe a classic.
this is the 2nd rza album i ever bought. go rza

jony wu tang
11-09-2006, 06:58 AM
bobby,bobby,we love you bobby.rzarecta should drop some more digital joints cause this is pucker,the follow up aint bad but this is up there with gzas liquid swords for me

One and Only
11-17-2006, 06:13 PM
I said Superior cause this is a great album not sure if it's on the level of Liquid Swords and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and stuff though. Got some amazing songs on there though. I put a couple of them on repeat for hours and hours and hours all the time.

jony wu tang
11-22-2006, 06:28 AM
maybe saying its up there with liquid swords was a bit to much,but it is mos def a classic,rzas best work

WuSoldjr
07-10-2007, 09:54 PM
This album is fucking unbelievable, words can't describe it.

Yo, switch blade grenade rhyme flows, buck niggas like wild rhinos
Up in these killin fields you bound to die slow
Your style staggers like a drunken whino
That's why there's no hope to defeat a Black Knight
That's like tryin to walk a type rope
Switch blade grenade rhyme flows, buck niggas like wild rhinos
Up in these killin field you bound to die slow
Your style staggers like a drunken whino
That's why there's no hope to defeat a Black Knight
That's like tryin to walk a type rope, wit no feet
Mercenary team, streets of concrete
Sasquash dump a nigga ass on wide Friday
Invincible, Doctor destruct thought
My lyrics ran ward like Lebanon are troops, a Desert Storm
It be on son, Compton is the city where I come from
Act dumb if you want to and catch a hot one
It's that real, knuckle up, lace your boots tight
Don't give a fuck cuz every night is our night

My nigga Doc Doom killed this track.

Hollow Dartz
07-10-2007, 10:11 PM
well i think the album is bangin, i skip like 3 tracks but on a normal day while you playin your game or on your computer u can blast it. 4/5

I never really reviewed it.

1.Intro
2.B.O.B.B.Y - 4/5 He fucked it up at the end.
3.Unspoken Word - 5/5 Classic. Classic hook
4.Slow Grind African
5.Airwaves
6.Love Jones - 3.5/5 Skippable track
7.N.Y.C Everything - 5/5 Classic Meth
8.Mantis - 4/5 Nice vibe
9.Slow Grind French
10.Holocaust - 4.5/5 Might be classic if not for Rza's verse
11.Terrorist - 4.5/5 Killa sin ripped it
12.Bobby Did It - 4.5/5 Ghost ripped it
13.Handwriting On The Wall 4/5 Rass Kass Ripped it
14.Kiss Of A Black Widow - 4/5 It's aight
15.Slow Grind Italian
16.My Lovin Is Digi - 4/5 Nice vibe
17.Domestic Violence - 5/5 (Classic)
18.Project Talk - 1/5 wack
19.Lab Drunk - 3/5 It's aight
20.Fuck What You Think - 4/5 I like Islords verse 4 sum reason, 9th Prince is ass on this track
21.Daily Routine - 4.5/5 Beretta 9 Kills it

Beats 4.5/5
Lyrics 4/5
Overall 4/5. Nice banger

Suga Duga
07-11-2007, 02:43 AM
^^^^love jones...this piece of music is epic, forever, just play it...

hide1998
07-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Dope, but the Japan release with the 9 min freestyle track and the COMPLETE version of Terrorist (with Holocaust's verse still intact) make an already dope album just that much doper ;)

US Version 8/10
JP Version 9/10

Paranoid
07-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Dope, but the Japan release with the 9 min freestyle track and the COMPLETE version of Terrorist (with Holocaust's verse still intact) make an already dope album just that much doper ;)

US Version 8/10
JP Version 9/10

could someone up those?

beautifulrock
07-19-2007, 03:17 PM
B.O.B.B.Y.-4/5-This is a dope intro track with simplistic percussion being accompanied by synthesized sounds and the first introduction into the digi persona with the Doodudududududududududoooos and B-O-B-B-Y's Excellent verses and segue into

Unspoken Word-5/5-One of the most incredible lyrics ever laid to wax is not overshadowed by a simplistic looping beat. Forever dissected, these lyrics will stand as a staple of Wu-Tang excellence for years to come.

Airwaves-5/5-The shorter version of the Sway and King Tech song is just as good as it features just the Rza in his glory. classic.

Love Jones-5/5-Top 5 in terms of the greatest love songs the Wu has ever done, Rza's metaphors are powerful and the beat itself is incredibly soothing like a dip in a jacuzzi.

N.Y.C. Everything-5/5-Rza bombards you with a plethora of different sounds on this album from soothing on Love Jones to Spastic on NYC Everything. This is one of the greater underground samples from the Wu and it is backed by pure genius on the mic.

Mantis-5/5-Incredible beat backed by kung fu samples and a really dope verse by masta.

Holocaust-3/5-Warclouds voice is both gutteral and shrill at the same time which over a soft beat like this, just sounds like shit. By the time ghost rolls around in minute 4, i'm so bored with this track.

Terrorist-5/5- Dope beat, and great lyrics by the affiliates, It's like a fam tryout. Kriszy Substance says to up this track, foooooos!

Bobby Did It-3/5-Everything feels a little out of sync here.

Handwriting on the Wall-2/5-nonsense, waste of a guest appearance

Kiss of a Black Widow-5/5-This is all about dirty, misogynistic, crude. I love it.

My Lovin' is Digi-5/5-This is the best song on this or any Digi album. An incredibly addicting "grower" track is as fascinating as it is unique.

Domestic Violence-4/5-Nobody does shit like this. A domestic argument on wax, your neighbors might call the cops if you play it loud enough.

The following are the so called "RZA" tracks which actually when I think about it, makes me glad the cure didn't come out after all. Only lab drunk has anything to offer at all.

Project Talk-1/5- trash

Lab Drunk-4/5-Sick beat. Rza is fire here, and a great hook.

Fuck What You Think-2/5-well I don't like it, thats what I think.

Daily Routine-2/5-lousy beat, lousy lyrics

65-1 for slow grind skits and -1 for horrible ending=63/17=3.7 or above average banger.

If this was trimmed down to say 14 or so songs and cleaned up this would definately be a classic, because the core of the album by itself is classic. He should have kept the 4 Rza tracks to just one bonus track, lab drunk. The biggest problem with this album is that there is just too much skipable shit.

Suga Duga
07-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Holocaust-3/5-Warclouds voice is both gutteral and shrill at the same time which over a soft beat like this, just sounds like shit. By the time ghost rolls around in minute 4, i'm so bored with this track.
c, crude. I love it.

I love both of this tracks, Warcloud's verse is dope as hell, the beat is flawless
daily routine is killer, every second of that beat is pure bobby digi, lyrics 3.5/5

Guarded By Martyrs
07-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Great body of work, sounds daring & experimental.

Holocaust/Silkworm - Legendary

NinjaBlakk
07-19-2007, 09:19 PM
CLASSIC .. this album reminds me of '98 everytime i listen to it.. of the dopest albums in existence.. me and my brother was gone on this album back then.. there was nothin like it at the time..hell still aint nothin like it!! RZA first known successful attempt at deviating from the traditional wu sound.. but it was still WU. and it killed my senses.. gorgeous.. too bad not many people knows this album's awesomeness.. 1998 was the wu's last prosperous year in the streets.. they released some good stuff that year

shaolinskater
08-17-2007, 08:44 PM
BOBBY DIGITAL is like the ZIGGY STARDUST of hip hop

11th Chamber
08-17-2007, 09:35 PM
B.O.B.B.Y.-4/5-This is a dope intro track with simplistic percussion being accompanied by synthesized sounds and the first introduction into the digi persona with the Doodudududududududududoooos and B-O-B-B-Y's Excellent verses and segue into

Unspoken Word-5/5-One of the most incredible lyrics ever laid to wax is not overshadowed by a simplistic looping beat. Forever dissected, these lyrics will stand as a staple of Wu-Tang excellence for years to come.

Airwaves-5/5-The shorter version of the Sway and King Tech song is just as good as it features just the Rza in his glory. classic.

Love Jones-5/5-Top 5 in terms of the greatest love songs the Wu has ever done, Rza's metaphors are powerful and the beat itself is incredibly soothing like a dip in a jacuzzi.

N.Y.C. Everything-5/5-Rza bombards you with a plethora of different sounds on this album from soothing on Love Jones to Spastic on NYC Everything. This is one of the greater underground samples from the Wu and it is backed by pure genius on the mic.

Mantis-5/5-Incredible beat backed by kung fu samples and a really dope verse by masta.

Terrorist-5/5- Dope beat, and great lyrics by the affiliates, It's like a fam tryout. Kriszy Substance says to up this track, foooooos!

Bobby Did It-3/5-Everything feels a little out of sync here.

Handwriting on the Wall-2/5-nonsense, waste of a guest appearance

Kiss of a Black Widow-5/5-This is all about dirty, misogynistic, crude. I love it.

My Lovin' is Digi-5/5-This is the best song on this or any Digi album. An incredibly addicting "grower" track is as fascinating as it is unique.

Domestic Violence-4/5-Nobody does shit like this. A domestic argument on wax, your neighbors might call the cops if you play it loud enough.

The following are the so called "RZA" tracks which actually when I think about it, makes me glad the cure didn't come out after all. Only lab drunk has anything to offer at all.

Project Talk-1/5- trash

Lab Drunk-4/5-Sick beat. Rza is fire here, and a great hook.

Fuck What You Think-2/5-well I don't like it, thats what I think.

65-1 for slow grind skits and -1 for horrible ending=63/17=3.7 or above average banger.

If this was trimmed down to say 14 or so songs and cleaned up this would definately be a classic, because the core of the album by itself is classic. He should have kept the 4 Rza tracks to just one bonus track, lab drunk. The biggest problem with this album is that there is just too much skipable shit.

I agree with almost all of this review, except for the part about Holocaust. Warcloud had one of my all time favorite verses. Unbelievable track.

4th Greatest Wu Solo, behind OB4CL, LS, and SC.

bad boy T
10-02-2007, 08:12 AM
1. B.O.B.B.Y. 4/5 love that chorus
2. Unspoken word 3/5 pretty good beat
3. Airwaves 4/5 real wu-tang
4. Love jones 2/4 not feeling this
5. N.Y.C. everything 5/5 both Meth and RZA shined lyrically on this

The 13th Jewel
10-05-2007, 08:55 PM
I dont really like RZA solos that much, but this one was ok. 7/10 for me.

Guarded By Martyrs
10-06-2007, 01:07 PM
could someone up those?

The Terrorist Japanese Version is in the Media section and I'm sure someone
Has shared that Do You Hear The Bells.

"Made Emcees Sprout Tumas So Bad Lost Facial Features"

the silencer
01-12-2008, 11:11 PM

This is Part 1.0 of my Bob Digi Saga....

Part 0.5 The Prelude can be found and discussed here (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48979)

Silencer's Bob Digi Saga
over the next couple of weeks i'm going to be goin through the works of Rza as Bobby Digital, posting reviews of the two Digi albums as well as BOAP and also a bonus Part 1.5 in the Lyric Interpretation Thread...it might not all come in perfect order but i'm gonna do it..

Rza's my favorite Wu member and i've been listening to this material for the last few days and thinking that i should take the time to sit down and write about his stuff cuz it's some eccentric bugged-out, fun shit to go through....
------------------------------------------------------------------

You can hear, ESPECIALLY with this album, that Rza was changing personally and just had to put music like this out...nowadays when he speaks of Bobby Digital he speaks almost as if it's act, or a mask that he puts on but with Rza as Bobby Digital In Stereo you get the feeling it is truly Robert Diggs having smoked one too many honey-dipped dust blunts, expressing himself in a truly colorful and artistic manner...

listening to him you can almost hear the transition from the 96-97 Rzarectah from the Gravediggaz album and Wu Forever and u can certainly hear the transition in his beats too...on Forever he was starting to use more high technology-sounding shit for his beats and with Bobby Digital he completely went into the techno-sounding mode..

now, on to the review..

this album cover has got to be my favorite of all time, it really has that feel of like a weird 70s action movie with the Digi van flying out, Bobby shooting guns and kicking dudes, a bikini chick with a huge fuckin rifle and of course the centerpiece with with the Rza himself, in some crazy cyborg armor with his humungous phaser gun..
...the back of it has the two neon-colored Wu buggies and the Digi-man holdin some kinda chemical from his laboratory and flashing his pointy ass ringz..

(when i first had this album--actually my brother bought it---i had no idea that there was an actual Bobby Digital movie that this was supposed to be the soundtrack for so the whole theme of it was even cooler cuz it was like he just invented this sort of superhero-ish character and the whole story of him JUST for this album which made the whole thing so much cooler...and weirder..)

01. Intro
the album immediately starts off with that digital keyboard-type sound (same sound that plays on Handwriting on the Wall)...a dude in (i think) German yellin out some Bobby Digital shit for a few seconds and then..

02. B.O.B.B.Y.
a truly unique sounding beat, sort of reminds a little of And Justice for All off of the Swarm album with some serious violin sounds and the hypnotic BOBBY spelling intro making this a memorable joint...i've had most of this song engraved in the back of my head since i first heard it in 1998..
the opening lyrics are sick:
"you know us to be robust, the greatest crew since Cold Crush, this poisonous slang keep emcees avoiding us/ can't think about the proper remedy for destroyin us, your best bet black is sit back and start enjoyin us"
this is the Abbott of the Wu-Tang Clan, the genius mind behind all their classics, finally being a little selfish and diving into a solo, taking us with him inside his bugged out mind, kicking some dirty clothes to the side, shooing away some stray hoes, and blowing off some of the "dust"...
5/5

03. Unspoken Word
one of my favorite tracks on the album n quite possibly the best Bobby Digital song of all time...this style or mindframe or whatever u wanna call it that is on display here is what i've always imagined Bob Digi to be: a totally bugged out lyricist, weaving in pussy-talk, Wonder Woman, weed, and his Rzarectah ideologies at a pace which he almost seems to not even be in control of...he's just screaming all this shit out and it is lyrically ILLLLLL all at the same time..
when discussing Wu with fringe-fan friends of mine and telling them how Rza is my fav member i've always tried to explain how i think Rza is just as wild and crazy as Ol Dirty Bastard is except Rza is lyrically much nicer and more precise....this song perfectly displays that i think..
the beat is so simple but it's a nice bangin loop, perfect to spit over and the lyrics on this track are 10 outta 10..the whole song is a quotable so i don't even wanna type lines out..the verses touch on pretty much every single thing that embodies Bobby Digital..and the extra touch thrown in (that appears a couple times) of the chick arguing with him or questioning his trippy statements---sounding sorta like he's coming back to reality from a smoke-session and then sliding back into his verse
5/5 **my favorite Bobby Digital track ever**

04. Slow Grind [African]
when i was a youngster i hated these things but now i see they really make the album an album...a simple little bongo beat and a chick Digitizing in African...what else?

05. Airwaves
dope theme here, i like how the radio switches around the dial in the beginning...the beat is a nice chamber-music type sound...like some shit you'd hear playing sitting outside the Rza's office in his waiting room..
lyrics are dope--
"rhyme emperor, style switch daily like temperature
in your atmosphere, the rap racketeer"

it's also got that old "Wuu-Tang, Wuu-Tang" chant sound from Chessboxin' that i think shoulda appeared SOMEWHERE on 8 Diagrams...
and then his last words lead perfectly into the next classic:
"I live for hip-hop
And tall brown skin sugar plum who love the lollipops"
5/5

06. Love Jones
the lead-in is great, the fading away of the previous joint and then the smooth, soft talking with some "buttercup" and then--
oh man, what a track...Wu is always so nice with the love songs and this one is just perfect..beat is so smooth and sweet-soundin and his lyrics are SUPERB on here:
"Behold as i shape and mold your formless globe into a perfect O
and breathe the breath of life into yo nose
with the fragrance of a fresh pink rose, and stroll into yo eyes the windows to your soul."
not much else to say about this song, it's a perfect slow jam..certified Wu Love Classic
5/5

07. N.Y.C. Everything
the first official single from the album and now we start getting into some of the Wu-Tang stuff with that digi-twist...this one guest-starring Method Man whose voice sounds as scratchy as ever and he's at the point (right around when Judgment Day dropped) where he is IMO at his lyrical peak..

this beat is immaculate, so much stuff going on so many different sounds coming together to form a sick jam and the verses are dope....they each spit a pretty long verse, Rza goin wild and spittin one of his most memorable lines ("stuck to ya ass like a Victoria Secret wedgie") as well as some pretty vivid pussy talk and Meth just destroooooooooooys it and Rza recorded his voice to sound so dope on this beat..

"Til the mid night, butt naked with a knife
ask my a-alikes i been crazy all my life"

i love Meth but i can't see him ever coming with a verse like this nowadays..
5/5

08. Mantis
i don't like this beat at all but i still love the song...nice to have at least one joint with a kung-fu flick sample and theme throughout..the bass and drums are strong but i hate the Digi-sounds and piano in this song, just doesn't sound good..
Rza spits a pretty good verse, Tekitha comes with a rare spoken-word chorus, and Masta Killa fuckin shanks this one..classic High Chief verse right here....
this is a song i would love to hear somebody remix with an ill beat cuz it's lyrically crazy but the beat is average.
4/5

09. Slow Grind [French]
another weird Slow Grind and that same beat creeps in....FYI this same exact beat sound is on the old Star Wars: Dark Forces video game from around this same time..

10. Holocaust [Silkworm]
[Performed The RZA, Holocaust, Doc Doom, and Ghostface Killah]
omg Holocaust is incredible on here...this joint used to get alotta radio play when the album was dropping and i'd here this unknown cat like "got Oscar-nominee emcees stuck to my hatchet" and just be amazed at a talented brother like this not being a rap superstar...
Rza's verse has a bunch of nice lines but overall i think coulda been much better over a bangin' beat like this, Doom is pretty nice, and GFK spits a patented-Ghostface verse..who else could come up with this abstract shit:
"Ten pogo sticks, two black-belts that break bricks
Diet Coke meetin's with the rich"

one thing Rza does on these Digital albums is try to give others a chance to shine..he's got Holocaust on here with a self-named track killin shit, Killarmy and Black Knights all over the place.....and they never blew up really but they all give pretty sick performances on the album
5/5

11. Terrorist
[Killarmy, & Black Knights]
no Rza but a nice cypher over a digitized-Wu ain't nothin to fuck wit kinda beat...they all come nice as hell on here but i can't believe they chopped off Holocaust's verse..ridiculous......Killa Sin is the highlight on here
4/5

12. Bobby Did It [Spanish Fly]
even Islord gets to spit on this fuckin album...another beat that i don't like that much, although (again) the drums and bass are good i just don't like the digi-ness of it...but Rza promised an album with "techno sounds over hip hop and electronic music"..link (http://www.vogeltjesdansbende.nl/weblog/?p=653)
nice to see the god Timbo King gettin some shine too, he's ill.."i saw knowledge is the foundation, while i move in a L's formation against hell's nation"
Rza throws CRAZY darts on here so fast and with that Rza-slur it's hard to catch it:
"Stand up or rape me, rotate auto-locate me
In the center solar, corner block
Hip-Hop now expand to the polar
Fuzzy low short frequency
Circuit breakers, try to
take us on illusionary rides to the future"

Ghost also kills it with a sick flow, this song is lyrically insane but Jamei ******* don't belong anywhere on this album..
4/5

13. Handwriting on the Wall
i fuckin love this joint...Ras Kass is ill and Rza blasts this joint with the phaser gun...when first listening to the album i remember being so glad they finally rapped over this beat..only downer is it's kinda short, almost like an interlude..
"Roam like space drones through all time zones
Your face get blown, I make home, Bobby'll fuck Grace Jones!!"
http://www.geocities.com/thadistrict/grace-jones.jpg
hahahaaaaaaaa....only B-O-B-B-Y
5/5

14. Kiss of A Black Widow
what a song this is right here..a mad eerie beat from Inspectah Deck of all ppl, and a ODB appearance that's drippin with curses n funk to top it off...Rza tells a deep dark tale of falling madly in love, he paints the picture like somethin u would see in a black-n-white comic book with weird, abstract artwork in it...it is at times nasty and funny to hear the short convo back-n-forth he has with this chick....but it's somehow beautiful tho..

Rza's performance on here is an example of what i was talking about above, how he is just as crazy and disgusting as ODB is except lyrically sharper and with a slightly calmer and more normal presentation..

"comb ya hair nigga.."
5/5

15. Slow Grind [Italian]
another Slow Grind here.....just preparing us for the strong ass love-banger that is:

16. My Lovin' Is Digi
another unique climactic banger and a second love song on the album, which u rarely ever hear on cds but it works perfectly here..
the beat is bouncey and actually a perfect song to have sex to, the Force MDs on the chorus are powerful but its hard not to chuckle at what they're saying and the lyrics are awesome..i love how he gives a little advertisement shout-out to Deck's Uncontrolled Substance album just like he's drivin "with the Ironman cd turned all the way up" in The Chase track..

among a whole bunch of great lines, this may be my favorite:

"SCREAM ON IT, Bobby the black Green Hornet
Girl DREAM ON IT, I put the Killa Bee sting on it
Rejuvenated, honey kept her throat lubricated
Let off so much Chi, ginseng couldn't recuperate it
Back scratchin, eyes squintin, Dusk to Dawn
Quentin Tarantino type porn, like Lewinsky-Bill Clinton
Suckin down with no commercial,
good Power Universal Self Savior Y
B-O-B-B-Y!"

5/5---brilliant track

17. Domestic Violence
another unique and totally brilliant song...i can't imagine that anybody's ever done a song like this before and certainly nobody has ever since (ESPECIALLY not in hip hop)...it's mad honest and real and above all things it is GRIMEY as fuck but the presentation of it is amazing, Rza is top notch..he's screaming his words out with a voice that sounds ANGRY but also slightly deranged and upset that he's beefin with his woman like this..but he's pissed

"Stains on my carpet, bathroom smell like a fish market
take all the space in my closet, where the fuck is your logic?
dissrespected my old earth, aborted my child birth
and every day i kept my credit card inside ya purse"

this song is what we're talkin about when we (Rza fans) say how underrated he is as an emcee..who can make a song like this??

the phone convo at the end is funny as hell, and as G the Promoter said a few pages back in this thread, that shit was exactly what it sounded like when calling Rza's house (WOW)..

songs like this and Black Widow are what the dude in Rolling Stone meant when he said this album is (http://www.vogeltjesdansbende.nl/weblog/?p=757) the type of shit that "would frighten your parents"...and that's how i like my music
5/5

18. Project Talk
supposedly, the next 4 tracks are bonus songs but i couldn't imagine this album without these joints especially the last 3, they're excellent..
this one i don't care for so much, though..the beat sounds like its taken straight from a Wu-Tang Forever beat session but the lyrics are ehhh, they're just trading stories and street gossip about bullshit....not interested..
altho we see here the beginning of Beretta 9's attachment to Rza..he would start to be on alot more joints with Bobby after this..
3/5

19. Lab Drunk
definitely one of my top 5 favorite Rza songs ever, this song is amazing..the beat has a real sped-up frantic pace to it like he's really in a rush stumbling into his lab half drunk and everything but lyrically this song is waaaaay beyond that..this a Rza Battle Track right here..and i don't think anybody could fuck with it..

"You can't compare
to an atom of my hair,
while my verbal shot be drillin through the cave of ya ear
Ricochet to the ceiling of ya cerebral hemisphere, deflect off ya medulla
exit out through the rear"

WHAT?!?! wait...

"Emceein' to me is easier than breathin
and making beats to me is easier than peein'
feeling vibes is easier than seein', i be G'in
and fuckin with the Wu-Tang Clan is wildin' bitch.."

Rza is untouchable in this song..
5/5

20. F*** What You Think
a smooth, sort of funky digi beat with a bangin bass to it and the emcees all flow nicely, Rza is just FEROCIOUS on here...this is gotta be on the most underrated songs on the album..i even get a mention in it ("Silencer on the tech-nine shot got ya pillow wet"), it's also got another shout to another member's album ("phat Cappadonna tape stuck inside my Benzi"), and a Doctor Strange reference..

Islord gives one of a very rare few verses of his that i actually enjoy (and i'll always remember the speed of the Earth's rotation from his verse: 1,037 and a third miles per hour) and Rza's little bro 9th Prince gets to hop in on the action too..

"Third eye is a trillion million watt gigabyte
Insight light bright, can't find this on your website"
4/5

21. Daily Routine
it took me so long to finally start listening to this track all the way through cuz i always hated the beat (and still do) but the lyrics are awesome...Rza is lyrically on fire throughout the whole album..B9 has a nice little cameo again on here, but i gotta close with this:

"Escape this captivation, niggaz bustin, wastin shots like masturbation
Transformin' like gobots, they created a race of robots
Our new rulers are computers, average men know not what they do to us"

3/5 only because of the long chorus and horrible beat

this whole record is a gem, out of 17 tracks i count 11 of them as 5/5, even allowing for a little exaggeration that is still pretty great..

rating:
Lyrics 5/5
Beats 4/5
OVERALL---9/10

the mastermind who crafted all the Wu classics really put together a true ALBUM as his solo, it undoubtedly has that album feel throughout and while doing so he also managed to bring in all the cousins, aunts, and uncles from the extended Wu family (Clan members, all of Killarmy, Royal Fam, Black Knights, Tekitha) and overall created an album that is overflowing with rhymes and unique-sounding beats that work perfectly together..

this is a personal classic for me, it's right up there with the best of the Wu solos and i listen to it probably more than any of the others..

to be continued in "Part 1.5--Do You Hear the Bells?" coming soon...

edit:
Part 2.0--Digital Bullet (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1030437#post1030437)

Ya_Bane
01-13-2008, 06:39 AM
^^ wow P.. I'm gonna put In Stereo into the stereo and read your review later today.

Peace

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
01-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Classic. .

clanindafront
01-13-2008, 01:17 PM
beats were corny as fuck

famenchuan
01-13-2008, 01:18 PM
I hate this album.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
01-13-2008, 06:33 PM
beats were corny as fuck

Beats are unique..

11th Chamber
01-13-2008, 06:47 PM
^^^Lol at the 2 losers above Tec.

4th Best Wu solo, imo.

Great review Silencer, you always seem like the one cat on here who always has his head on straight. Dont agree with yer take on Mantis, but you cant ask for everything.

Looking foward to yer reviews on DB and BOAP

TAURO
01-14-2008, 09:24 AM

This is Part 1.0 of my Bob Digi Saga....

Part 0.5 The Prelude can be found and discussed here (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48979)

Silencer's Bob Digi Saga
over the next couple of weeks i'm going to be goin through the works of Rza as Bobby Digital, posting reviews of the two Digi albums as well as BOAP and also a bonus Part 1.5 in the Lyric Interpretation Thread...it might not all come in perfect order but i'm gonna do it..

Rza's my favorite Wu member and i've been listening to this material for the last few days and thinking that i should take the time to sit down and write about his stuff cuz it's some eccentric bugged-out, fun shit to go through....
------------------------------------------------------------------

You can hear, ESPECIALLY with this album, that Rza was changing personally and just had to put music like this out...nowadays when he speaks of Bobby Digital he speaks almost as if it's act, or a mask that he puts on but with Rza as Bobby Digital In Stereo you get the feeling it is truly Robert Diggs having smoked one too many honey-dipped dust blunts, expressing himself in a truly colorful and artistic manner...

listening to him you can almost hear the transition from the 96-97 Rzarectah from the Gravediggaz album and Wu Forever and u can certainly hear the transition in his beats too...on Forever he was starting to use more high technology-sounding shit for his beats and with Bobby Digital he completely went into the techno-sounding mode..

now, on to the review..

this album cover has got to be my favorite of all time, it really has that feel of like a weird 70s action movie with the Digi van flying out, Bobby shooting guns and kicking dudes, a bikini chick with a huge fuckin rifle and of course the centerpiece with with the Rza himself, in some crazy cyborg armor with his humungous phaser gun..
...the back of it has the two neon-colored Wu buggies and the Digi-man holdin some kinda chemical from his laboratory and flashing his pointy ass ringz..

(when i first had this album--actually my brother bought it---i had no idea that there was an actual Bobby Digital movie that this was supposed to be the soundtrack for so the whole theme of it was even cooler cuz it was like he just invented this sort of superhero-ish character and the whole story of him JUST for this album which made the whole thing so much cooler...and weirder..)

01. Intro
the album immediately starts off with that digital keyboard-type sound (same sound that plays on Handwriting on the Wall)...a dude in (i think) German yellin out some Bobby Digital shit for a few seconds and then..

02. B.O.B.B.Y.
a truly unique sounding beat, sort of reminds a little of And Justice for All off of the Swarm album with some serious violin sounds and the hypnotic BOBBY spelling intro making this a memorable joint...i've had most of this song engraved in the back of my head since i first heard it in 1998..
the opening lyrics are sick:
"you know us to be robust, the greatest crew since Cold Crush, this poisonous slang keep emcees avoiding us/ can't think about the proper remedy for destroyin us, your best bet black is sit back and start enjoyin us"
this is the Abbott of the Wu-Tang Clan, the genius mind behind all their classics, finally being a little selfish and diving into a solo, taking us with him inside his bugged out mind, kicking some dirty clothes to the side, shooing away some stray hoes, and blowing off some of the "dust"...
5/5

03. Unspoken Word
one of my favorite tracks on the album n quite possibly the best Bobby Digital song of all time...this style or mindframe or whatever u wanna call it that is on display here is what i've always imagined Bob Digi to be: a totally bugged out lyricist, weaving in pussy-talk, Wonder Woman, weed, and his Rzarectah ideologies at a pace which he almost seems to not even be in control of...he's just screaming all this shit out and it is lyrically ILLLLLL all at the same time..
when discussing Wu with fringe-fan friends of mine and telling them how Rza is my fav member i've always tried to explain how i think Rza is just as wild and crazy as Ol Dirty Bastard is except Rza is lyrically much nicer and more precise....this song perfectly displays that i think..
the beat is so simple but it's a nice bangin loop, perfect to spit over and the lyrics on this track are 10 outta 10..the whole song is a quotable so i don't even wanna type lines out..the verses touch on pretty much every single thing that embodies Bobby Digital..and the extra touch thrown in (that appears a couple times) of the chick arguing with him or questioning his trippy statements---sounding sorta like he's coming back to reality from a smoke-session and then sliding back into his verse
5/5 **my favorite Bobby Digital track ever**

04. Slow Grind [African]
when i was a youngster i hated these things but now i see they really make the album an album...a simple little bongo beat and a chick Digitizing in African...what else?

05. Airwaves
dope theme here, i like how the radio switches around the dial in the beginning...the beat is a nice chamber-music type sound...like some shit you'd hear playing sitting outside the Rza's office in his waiting room..
lyrics are dope--
"rhyme emperor, style switch daily like temperature
in your atmosphere, the rap racketeer"

it's also got that old "Wuu-Tang, Wuu-Tang" chant sound from Chessboxin' that i think shoulda appeared SOMEWHERE on 8 Diagrams...
and then his last words lead perfectly into the next classic:
"I live for hip-hop
And tall brown skin sugar plum who love the lollipops"
5/5

06. Love Jones
the lead-in is great, the fading away of the previous joint and then the smooth, soft talking with some "buttercup" and then--
oh man, what a track...Wu is always so nice with the love songs and this one is just perfect..beat is so smooth and sweet-soundin and his lyrics are SUPERB on here:
"Behold as i shape and mold your formless globe into a perfect O
and breathe the breath of life into yo nose
with the fragrance of a fresh pink rose, and stroll into yo eyes the windows to your soul."
not much else to say about this song, it's a perfect slow jam..certified Wu Love Classic
5/5

07. N.Y.C. Everything
the first official single from the album and now we start getting into some of the Wu-Tang stuff with that digi-twist...this one guest-starring Method Man whose voice sounds as scratchy as ever and he's at the point (right around when Judgment Day dropped) where he is IMO at his lyrical peak..

this beat is immaculate, so much stuff going on so many different sounds coming together to form a sick jam and the verses are dope....they each spit a pretty long verse, Rza goin wild and spittin one of his most memorable lines ("stuck to ya ass like a Victoria Secret wedgie") as well as some pretty vivid pussy talk and Meth just destroooooooooooys it and Rza recorded his voice to sound so dope on this beat..

"Til the mid night, butt naked with a knife
ask my a-alikes i been crazy all my life"

i love Meth but i can't see him ever coming with a verse like this nowadays..
5/5

08. Mantis
i don't like this beat at all but i still love the song...nice to have at least one joint with a kung-fu flick sample and theme throughout..the bass and drums are strong but i hate the Digi-sounds and piano in this song, just doesn't sound good..
Rza spits a pretty good verse, Tekitha comes with a rare spoken-word chorus, and Masta Killa fuckin shanks this one..classic High Chief verse right here....
this is a song i would love to hear somebody remix with an ill beat cuz it's lyrically crazy but the beat is average.
4/5

09. Slow Grind [French]
another weird Slow Grind and that same beat creeps in....FYI this same exact beat sound is on the old Star Wars: Dark Forces video game from around this same time..

10. Holocaust [Silkworm]
[Performed The RZA, Holocaust, Doc Doom, and Ghostface Killah]
omg Holocaust is incredible on here...this joint used to get alotta radio play when the album was dropping and i'd here this unknown cat like "got Oscar-nominee emcees stuck to my hatchet" and just be amazed at a talented brother like this not being a rap superstar...
Rza's verse has a bunch of nice lines but overall i think coulda been much better over a bangin' beat like this, Doom is pretty nice, and GFK spits a patented-Ghostface verse..who else could come up with this abstract shit:
"Ten pogo sticks, two black-belts that break bricks
Diet Coke meetin's with the rich"

one thing Rza does on these Digital albums is try to give others a chance to shine..he's got Holocaust on here with a self-named track killin shit, Killarmy and Black Knights all over the place.....and they never blew up really but they all give pretty sick performances on the album
5/5

11. Terrorist
[Killarmy, & Black Knights]
no Rza but a nice cypher over a digitized-Wu ain't nothin to fuck wit kinda beat...they all come nice as hell on here but i can't believe they chopped off Holocaust's verse..ridiculous......Killa Sin is the highlight on here
4/5

12. Bobby Did It [Spanish Fly]
even Islord gets to spit on this fuckin album...another beat that i don't like that much, although (again) the drums and bass are good i just don't like the digi-ness of it...but Rza promised an album with "techno sounds over hip hop and electronic music"..link (http://www.vogeltjesdansbende.nl/weblog/?p=653)
nice to see the god Timbo King gettin some shine too, he's ill.."i saw knowledge is the foundation, while i move in a L's formation against hell's nation"
Rza throws CRAZY darts on here so fast and with that Rza-slur it's hard to catch it:
"Stand up or rape me, rotate auto-locate me
In the center solar, corner block
Hip-Hop now expand to the polar
Fuzzy low short frequency
Circuit breakers, try to
take us on illusionary rides to the future"

Ghost also kills it with a sick flow, this song is lyrically insane but Jamei ******* don't belong anywhere on this album..
4/5

13. Handwriting on the Wall
i fuckin love this joint...Ras Kass is ill and Rza blasts this joint with the phaser gun...when first listening to the album i remember being so glad they finally rapped over this beat..only downer is it's kinda short, almost like an interlude..
"Roam like space drones through all time zones
Your face get blown, I make home, Bobby'll fuck Grace Jones!!"
http://www.geocities.com/thadistrict/grace-jones.jpg
hahahaaaaaaaa....only B-O-B-B-Y
5/5

14. Kiss of A Black Widow
what a song this is right here..a mad eerie beat from Inspectah Deck of all ppl, and a ODB appearance that's drippin with curses n funk to top it off...Rza tells a deep dark tale of falling madly in love, he paints the picture like somethin u would see in a black-n-white comic book with weird, abstract artwork in it...it is at times nasty and funny to hear the short convo back-n-forth he has with this chick....but it's somehow beautiful tho..

Rza's performance on here is an example of what i was talking about above, how he is just as crazy and disgusting as ODB is except lyrically sharper and with a slightly calmer and more normal presentation..

"comb ya hair nigga.."
5/5

15. Slow Grind [Italian]
another Slow Grind here.....just preparing us for the strong ass love-banger that is:

16. My Lovin' Is Digi
another unique climactic banger and a second love song on the album, which u rarely ever hear on cds but it works perfectly here..
the beat is bouncey and actually a perfect song to have sex to, the Force MDs on the chorus are powerful but its hard not to chuckle at what they're saying and the lyrics are awesome..i love how he gives a little advertisement shout-out to Deck's Uncontrolled Substance album just like he's drivin "with the Ironman cd turned all the way up" in The Chase track..

among a whole bunch of great lines, this may be my favorite:

"SCREAM ON IT, Bobby the black Green Hornet
Girl DREAM ON IT, I put the Killa Bee sting on it
Rejuvenated, honey kept her throat lubricated
Let off so much Chi, ginseng couldn't recuperate it
Back scratchin, eyes squintin, Dusk to Dawn
Quentin Tarantino type porn, like Lewinsky-Bill Clinton
Suckin down with no commercial,
good Power Universal Self Savior Y
B-O-B-B-Y!"

5/5---brilliant track

17. Domestic Violence
another unique and totally brilliant song...i can't imagine that anybody's ever done a song like this before and certainly nobody has ever since (ESPECIALLY not in hip hop)...it's mad honest and real and above all things it is GRIMEY as fuck but the presentation of it is amazing, Rza is top notch..he's screaming his words out with a voice that sounds ANGRY but also slightly deranged and upset that he's beefin with his woman like this..but he's pissed

"Stains on my carpet, bathroom smell like a fish market
take all the space in my closet, where the fuck is your logic?
dissrespected my old earth, aborted my child birth
and every day i kept my credit card inside ya purse"

this song is what we're talkin about when we (Rza fans) say how underrated he is as an emcee..who can make a song like this??

the phone convo at the end is funny as hell, and as G the Promoter said a few pages back in this thread, that shit was exactly what it sounded like when calling Rza's house (WOW)..

songs like this and Black Widow are what the dude in Rolling Stone meant when he said this album is (http://www.vogeltjesdansbende.nl/weblog/?p=757) the type of shit that "would frighten your parents"...and that's how i like my music
5/5

18. Project Talk
supposedly, the next 4 tracks are bonus songs but i couldn't imagine this album without these joints especially the last 3, they're excellent..
this one i don't care for so much, though..the beat sounds like its taken straight from a Wu-Tang Forever beat session but the lyrics are ehhh, they're just trading stories and street gossip about bullshit....not interested..
altho we see here the beginning of Beretta 9's attachment to Rza..he would start to be on alot more joints with Bobby after this..
3/5

19. Lab Drunk
definitely one of my top 5 favorite Rza songs ever, this song is amazing..the beat has a real sped-up frantic pace to it like he's really in a rush stumbling into his lab half drunk and everything but lyrically this song is waaaaay beyond that..this a Rza Battle Track right here..and i don't think anybody could fuck with it..

"You can't compare
to an atom of my hair,
while my verbal shot be drillin through the cave of ya ear
Ricochet to the ceiling of ya cerebral hemisphere, deflect off ya medulla
exit out through the rear"

WHAT?!?! wait...

"Emceein' to me is easier than breathin
and making beats to me is easier than peein'
feeling vibes is easier than seein', i be G'in
and fuckin with the Wu-Tang Clan is wildin' bitch.."

Rza is untouchable in this song..
5/5

20. F*** What You Think
a smooth, sort of funky digi beat with a bangin bass to it and the emcees all flow nicely, Rza is just FEROCIOUS on here...this is gotta be on the most underrated songs on the album..i even get a mention in it ("Silencer on the tech-nine shot got ya pillow wet"), it's also got another shout to another member's album ("phat Cappadonna tape stuck inside my Benzi"), and a Doctor Strange reference..

Islord gives one of a very rare few verses of his that i actually enjoy (and i'll always remember the speed of the Earth's rotation from his verse: 1,037 and a third miles per hour) and Rza's little bro 9th Prince gets to hop in on the action too..

"Third eye is a trillion million watt gigabyte
Insight light bright, can't find this on your website"
4/5

21. Daily Routine
it took me so long to finally start listening to this track all the way through cuz i always hated the beat (and still do) but the lyrics are awesome...Rza is lyrically on fire throughout the whole album..B9 has a nice little cameo again on here, but i gotta close with this:

"Escape this captivation, niggaz bustin, wastin shots like masturbation
Transformin' like gobots, they created a race of robots
Our new rulers are computers, average men know not what they do to us"

3/5 only because of the long chorus and horrible beat

this whole record is a gem, out of 17 tracks i count 11 of them as 5/5, even allowing for a little exaggeration that is still pretty great..

rating:
Lyrics 5/5
Beats 4/5
OVERALL---9/10

the mastermind who crafted all the Wu classics really put together a true ALBUM as his solo, it undoubtedly has that album feel throughout and while doing so he also managed to bring in all the cousins, aunts, and uncles from the extended Wu family (Clan members, all of Killarmy, Royal Fam, Black Knights, Tekitha) and overall created an album that is overflowing with rhymes and unique-sounding beats that work perfectly together..

this is a personal classic for me, it's right up there with the best of the Wu solos and i listen to it probably more than any of the others..

to be continued in "Part 1.5--Do You Hear the Bells?" coming soon...

Ya see?......this is why I always think you on point. Top review even though I didn't agree with everything you still explained yourself in an informative and entertaining way.

dezmond
01-14-2008, 12:57 PM
It was def before its time.. same as the yet to be released beetles on the cover..... Shame he dint follow bob digi path as opposed to wu meets indi with 8 diagrams.
I still rock this at least once a day, at work or whatever it got lot of levels for many venues

dezmond
01-14-2008, 12:59 PM

Go buy it

Asasasin
02-01-2008, 10:15 PM
im gettin this album soon

SG
02-17-2008, 08:55 AM
He does his thing....can't get over how the album was packaged

dezmond
02-17-2008, 12:27 PM
^^ In what way?

claaa7
02-17-2008, 05:20 PM
01 - Intro
02 - B.O.B.B.Y. (4/5)
This one took me a long time to get into, the beat is very different from anything else on a Wu-Tang record before. I wouldn't say it's the ideal cut to open up the album with although I guess the idea is to clearly mark that he's taking us into another chamber. RZA is on point lyrically here also; "you know us to be robust/ the greatest crew since cold crush" - yep! From here on it's just get better though.
03 - Unspoken Word (5/5)
Oh my fucking god, this is pure heat right here. The beat bangs hard as fuck with crazy drums and a repetitive looped vocal-sample that actually makes the track, allowing RZA to attack the microphone with a venegance. This one is really lyrical.
04 - Slow Grind African
05 - Airwaves (5/5)
I love the way this album is executed and how dope tracks like this are thrown in the mix much like an interlude. RZA freestyles over a nasty beat supposedly from The Wake Up Show that gains extra power by using the classic "Wu-Tang, Wu-Tang" chant also heard in From Heaven's Sake.
06 - Love Jones [feat. Angel Cake] (4/5)
The craziness of the last tracks comes to a break with this - a slow love-song that will relax your mind for a short while. The piano-laced beat is real mellow and features great verses by RZA where he uses loads of well-thought-out metaphors. This one sounds more like a joint from The Cure than a Bobby Digital one, but it still got it's place on "In Stereo" without fucking up the flow of the LP.
07 - N.Y.C. Everything [feat. Method Man] (5/5)
Wow this gets my head going every fucking time it comes on, it picks up right where "And Justice For All" left off. The beat is digitized but definitely got a Wu-Tang flavor to it and both RZA and Method Man just loses it. It's ridiciolous.
08 - Mantis [feat. Tekitha & Masta Killa] (5/5)
This might sound a bit hard on your ears for starters but once you get into it you will probably love it. It mixes maybe the most digital-sounding beeping beat on the album with Shaolin samples and a piano-line. Tekitha raps the chorus and RZA's verse is great but for me it's Masta Killa that slays this one.
09 - Slow Grind French
10 - Holocaust [feat. Holocaust, Doc Doom & Ghostface Killah] (4/5)
The first posse cut on here combines Wu-Tang Clan with Black Knights and sung vocals by Ms. Roxy over a simplistic sample-less beat. This is the track that gained Holocaust many fans with his amazing opening verse, coming with mad wordplay and an ill flow making it hard for the two Clan members to live up to. Ghostface Killah comes of with an especially weak verse, talking a bunch of bullshit that makes little to no sense; "Unfaithfully married to rap for 12 years/ Tyson bit Hollyfield's ear/ we love the sports".
11 - Terrorist [feat. Killarmy & Black Knights] (4/5)
A thumping, dark bass-driven beat (that re-uses the same bass-line as "WTC Ain't Nuthin' Ta F' Wit") makes an ill track where members of Killarmy and Black Knights trade more-or-less inspiring verses. The only letdown is that it lacks an apperance by Bobby Digital at all.
12 - Bobby Did It [feat. Timbo King, Islord, Ghostface Killah & Jamie *******] (5/5)
Another digital banger complete with an up-tempo beat and horny women screaming after Bobby in spannish. RZA, Timbo King and Ghostface all drop impressive verses.
13 - Handwriting on The Wall [feat. Ras Kass] (5/5)
This is one of them songs that really shows the genius that RZA is, he brings back the music of the intro and interludes - nevermind using drums but incorporates a somewhat broken and disorted bassline. Then he lets Ras Kass destroy the track with heavy lines like; "before I eat a groupie bitch pussy the honorable minister Louis Farakhan is eating ham", funny shit. RZA's verse is short but sweet letting us know that he would fuck both Grace Jones and the Eastwick witches.
14 - Kiss of a Black Widow [feat. Ol' Dirty Bastard] (5/5)
I can't believe that this is an Inspectah Deck beat because it's definitely as dope as most of the tracks that Rakeem laid down on this album. The vocal-sample is from a Portishead record and the mood to the song is actually quite similair to one of their tracks. Ol' Dirty Bastard makes a very welcome apperance and once he is on the mic he won't let it go (you can hear RZA trying to come in in the middle of his verse but ODB just keeps on spitting). One of the best tracks of the LP.
15 - Slow Grind Italian
16 - My Lovin' is Digi [feat. Force MD's & Ms. Roxy] (5/5)
This is a brilliant classic song right here, it might just be the finest piece of this whole album. RZA brings in an orchestra to create a marvelous track, the violins make it somewhat similair to "Reunited" although it's much smoother: he even has Force MD's and Ms. Roxy sing the chorus. The lyrical vibe fits the song well although Bobby doesn't come with no groundbreaking lines or anything; "I scream, you scream, we all want the ice-cream". Definitely a Wu-classic.
17 - Domestic Violence [feat. Jamie *******] (5/5)
A great way to close this Bobby Digital chapter and it's definitely a unique and original song - a domestic fight in Bobby's appartment on wax. The tempo is high and the synths in full effect and the lyrical content can be broken down in three stages. The first part has Jamie ******* dissing the shit out of RZA, next up is a fierce verse with him responding (including some brilliant lines like "you used to have a pussy tight as a pharmacutical bottle" and for the grand finale it's the two of them going at eachother (with U-God screaming over the phone). When I first heard this one I was amazed, it's just a genius piece of work and ends the album on a breathtaking note that will leave you fiending for more.

BONUS TRACKS:
18 - Project Talk (4/5)
19 - Lab Drunk (5/5)
20 - Fuck What You Think (3.5/5)
21 - Daily Routine (3/5)
overall: 9/10 (wu-classic)

hide1998
02-18-2008, 04:09 AM
Ghost's verse on Holocaust is actually pretty good. That's Supreme Clientele wordplay, so I don't really get the complaints on that (the part in particular you quoted actually makes more sense than you've made it out to be).

But on the real, NO ONE could really follow the verse that Holocaust laid out on that joint. His verse on Terrorist (which was only included on the Japanese release of the album) was almost as impressive.

claaa7
02-20-2008, 05:01 AM
Ghost's verse on Holocaust is actually pretty good. That's Supreme Clientele wordplay, so I don't really get the complaints on that (the part in particular you quoted actually makes more sense than you've made it out to be).

yeah man I love Ghost's wordplay on Supreme Clientele but I don't think it worked on this type of track. wasn't really feeling the way he flowed over this beat either.. but feel free to tell me what the line means. peace

King Lizard
03-17-2008, 08:25 PM
I didn't want to rate this album a classic cause I KNOW RZA could have done better, but I will rate it superior because to me, this was the best album that came out that year and there were way more songs that I could listen to; this album was better than Birth Of A Prince. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this album a 9!

Guarded By Martyrs
03-19-2008, 11:34 AM

But on the real, NO ONE could really follow the verse that Holocaust laid out on that joint. His verse on Terrorist (which was only included on the Japanese release of the album) was almost as impressive.

Yeah I always thought Ghostface's verse was maybe 3rd or 4th ???
Because like you said...Holocaust is unfollowable !!!!!!!

RZA said himself on the intro to "Silent Samurai" that he named the song Holocaust
Because one of the artists on that song was Holocaust and he really ripped that so much
THat I named the song after him !!!

I think he may have done the same for "Terrorist"...
And PR Terorrist blacks-out on that one too !!!!!!

Doc Doom destroys this track as well...
Holocuast & Doc Doom outshine Bobby Digital & Ghostface !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been listening to this album a fair bit recently...
I'll drop a review soon...

MainoffenderKZ
03-20-2008, 12:07 PM
love that shit
maybe not classssic but superior!
i love the bod digi style...
greatest mind of the earth

D-Infinite
04-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Tracks i was feeling:

BOBBY - hot opener
Unspoken Word - insane lyrical performance over a sparse beat
NYC Everything - SICK beat, NOW I SEE EVERYTHING!
Mantis - nice Wu track, Masta Killa!
Holocaust - epic Holocaust verse
Daily Routine - funky beat, sick lyrics by RZA and Beretta

Okay tracks:

Airwaves - re-used beat and verse, too short, nice though
Terrorist - nice beat, but lacks cohesion
Bobby Did It - hot Digi beat, sinister, but lyrics could be better
Handwriting On The Wall - TOO SHORT
Kiss Of The Black Widow - sick beat, but not feeling RZA too much on this
Domestic Violence - for some reason i can't get into it
Lab Drunk - AWESOME beat, but RZA didn't come as hard as he should

Tracks i'm not feeling:

Love Jones - weak R&B attempt
My Lovin Is Digi - i like the beat but the song is stupid
Project Talk - filler
F What You Think - boring

bad boy T
04-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah definitly one of RZA's finest

Sgt Holly Wood
04-21-2008, 11:26 PM
banger!!!

rza's best lp

11th Chamber
04-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Love Jones - weak R&B attempt
My Lovin Is Digi - i like the beat but the song is stupid

hmm...

THE W
04-22-2008, 03:32 PM
wow i never reviewed this. well here it go...

BOBBY 10/10
unspoken word 9.5/10
airwaves 7/10
love jones 5/10 (didnt help that i heard this sample used already on soul assassins)
NYC everything 10/10 (my third favorite Rza beat ever, and meth slaughters this track)
mantis 8/10 (masta killa was killing shit around this time and does it again here. even Rza spits fire on this one)
holocaust 8.5/10
terrorist 6/10
bobby did it 7/10
handwriting on the wall 8/10
kiss of the black widow 7.5/10
my loving is digi 8/10
domestic violence 10/10

**bonuses**
project talk 7/10
lab drunk 9/10 (another track where Rza brings the goods lyrically)
fuck what you think 8.5/10
daily routine 2/10 (fucking elevator music)

a few standout tracks, a lot of solid tracks and few weak tracks.

King Tron 1
04-22-2008, 03:37 PM
^ Nice review, Wade. Even if you do without the weak tracks the album stills stands out as one of the best Wu-Tang Solo Albums.

Maccabee Ridah
05-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Great album, one of best, but I vote for superior cuz knowing RZA, I always expect more and more, and I think this album is not his best, so 9/10!

Sheep Shifter
06-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I thought it was a fun album :)

DRUNKENARTS
07-24-2009, 07:22 AM
to me personally this album was life changing, its a straight up classic,bt then i cant fault rza in any way, i simply love this cd

tigermilk
09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Favourite tracks are NYC Everything and Mantis.

tigermilk
09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Bobby - 3/5
Unspoken Word - 4/5
Airwaves - 4/5
Love Jones - 3/5
NYC Everything - 5/5
Mantis - 5/5
Holocaust - 5/5
Terrorist - 4/5
Bobby did it - 4/5
Kiss of the black widow - 4/5