PDA

View Full Version : Dogg Pound Appreciation Thread

CharlesJones
02-14-2009, 12:22 PM
It's really a shame what happened to Kurupt and Daz. They did a classic first album Dogg Food and the rest of their group albums are trash LOL. Kurupt's only good solo album is Tha Streets Is A Mutha. What happened to the lyrical rawness from Kurupt that was shown on Dr Dre's The Chronic and Snoop's Doggystyle album? His lyrics on Dr Dre's unreleased song Puffin On Blunts And Drankin Tanqueray is hard too. I also like his lyrics on him and Snoop's collabo song Ride On on Caught Up soundtrack. It seems like he fell off lyrically after Tha Streets Is A Mutha album. His first album Kuruption was disappointing and that was because of the beats. He did have a few good songs on Kuruption i liked. That album should've been one disc instead of a double disc because he had more bad songs than good songs. Gimmewhatchagot song on Kuruption is the shit. Kurupt came lyrically tight on that one. Pete Rock produced that one and Pete was in the video scratching on the turntables. Kurupt's lyrics on Pete Rock's Tru Master song was disappointing. He also has a song with Buckshot of Black Moon on Kuruption called Light Shit Up which is good. His song with Dr Dre called Just Ask Yourself A Question on Kuruption is good too. Daz's solo albums Retaliation Revenge And Get Back, R.A.W., This Is The Life I Lead, DPGC You Know What I'm Throwin Up are good but the rest of his solo albums suck. He did a raw song on Death Row's compilation album that came out in 1999 i think called Ride With Us. I forget the name of the compilation. He also did a tight song on Gang Related soundtrack called Way Too Major. I also like Dogg Pound and Mack 10's Nothin But The Cavi Hit song on Rhyme And Reason soundtrack. I think Kurupt made dumb ass decisions to break up with Foxy Brown over a rumor because he doesn't know for sure that she fucked DMX and being a vice president for Death Row records before the label went bankrupt. Kurupt knew how Suge shitted on him financially and Suge took too long to release more albums from Dogg Pound when the label was hot back in the day. So why would he take a job with the label when Daz and Snoop gave him some advice about how shady Suge is?

Edgar Erebus
02-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Honestly, never felt 'em. Never felt Daz at all (lyrically or musically), I like Kurupt's verses from Death Row phase but he fell off after.

GSTYLE
02-15-2009, 03:34 AM
The latest Dogg Pound album Dogg Chit was tight! Kurupt's lyrics aint what they were clearly, but he still rips up some songs. Daz has always been more style than substance, but his production was always the most important part of his performance.

Dogg Chit
Dogg Food
Tha Streetz Is A Mutha
Dillinger & Young Gotti
R.A.W
Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back

Classics

shogun_assassin
02-15-2009, 06:35 AM
dogg food, dillinger & young gotti, retaliation, revenge & get back, tha streetz iz a mutha and space boogie are dope as hell

Claustrofobic
02-15-2009, 07:57 AM
I'm FINALLY gonna see them live here in Amsterdam on the 1st of april, along with Ice Cube, Too Short, WC and DJ Quik!!

dudes never been here before, this is the first westcoast acts im EVER gonna see, im fucking psyched, plus I'm gonna get to meet them for interviews

keep an eye on www.houseofhiphop.nl, thats our site right there, we gon' do interviews with DPG, Cube and Quik

CharlesJones
02-15-2009, 12:25 PM
GStyle you think Dogg Chit and Dillinger And Young Gotti are classic albums? Hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha. Dogg Chit is so terrible, don't make me laugh. Dillinger And Young Gotti has about 3 songs i like LOL. The beats were terrible on that album.

Tecknowledgist
02-15-2009, 01:41 PM
c-walk homie

he and canibus killed this song

QR08Qczkc1U

GSTYLE
02-16-2009, 07:46 AM
GStyle you think Dogg Chit and Dillinger And Young Gotti are classic albums? Hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha. Dogg Chit is so terrible, don't make me laugh. Dillinger And Young Gotti has about 3 songs i like LOL. The beats were terrible on that album.

LOL ok maybe not classic, but they were entertaining. Dogg Chit was just a fun album with a few strong moments on it.

daz needs to step up his beats and swtich up his sounds a little and it will be a strong album. im looking fwd to that kurupt album with dj quick coming soon

9th Chamber
08-02-2011, 01:54 PM
^^ I agree not classic material but definitely an entertaining duo! I never listened to the later shit...think I'll find them online and give them a listen. I'm sure each album has 4-5 good cuts on them.

PANDA PISS
08-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Dogg Pound sucks overall lol. Dre stole their best beat for 'ain't no fun'.

and jesus Charles! Have you ever heard of paragraphs?

tekunique
08-02-2011, 07:47 PM
1bhj8Hrfqqo

Twiztid-Wutang
08-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Kurupt on ''Serial Killaz'' and ''For all my niggas' and my bitches'' from Doggystyle=Fucking mint

OntheHorizon
08-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Kurupt works best on cameos, Daz should have just stuck to production

The Dogg Food album was cool tho, wouldnt call it a classic but its a good album