PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West - BEST producer of this generation and this day and time.

Young Spade
02-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Dude may be bugged out of his mind and arrogant as hell but you cant deny that hes the best producer breathing right now.

Him > Premier, RZA and any other producer all in one. Say something.

Discuss this true saying.

Edgar Erebus
02-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Right now, yes. I mean, he can even make auto-tune sound dope.

He ain't as good as he used to be though, he's slipping a bit every year.

EAGLE EYE
02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
maybe for hipster music

Edgar Erebus
02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Hipster music >>>>> real hip-hop

EAGLE EYE
02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
I prefer my hipster hop to have a gritty feel and dusty drums, plus you gotta be harsh on the EQ's son

Guarded By Martyrs
02-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Are you being serious ?

The best breathing ?

:lmao:

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Depends if you wanna pop shots or pop art.

I wish I could hang Kanye's music on my wall, frame it and admire it for what it is all while the whole time not looking at it or listening to rap music because my house is too nice.

YungSunny
02-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Kanye West is considered the best anything by the average blue-collar white man.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-15-2009, 07:11 PM
^those damn blue collar white men. what the hell are they thinking?

RAW-TASTE
02-15-2009, 07:24 PM
he's okay. i liked preemo's recent productions and rza drops a few gems every now and then so i prefer them > kanye. kanye can make some good beats though.

ALCATRAZ
02-15-2009, 07:55 PM
hes the best producer breathing right now.

thats not saying much

crds
02-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Highly over rated, Kanye is horrible on the mic, he has made a handful of good beats but people tend to over rate him, mainly hipsters that tend to look at him as some sort of god, this is wrong!, he isn't as great as he thinks he is and throws tantrums like a spoiled little child, plus he dresses like a dork..no sir I don't like him.

YungSunny
02-15-2009, 08:25 PM
^those damn blue collar white men. what the hell are they thinking?

http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:ig1-NYt201itFM:img213.imageshack.us/img213/4189/eliporterzl2.png

ButterCrunchJoints
02-15-2009, 09:57 PM
uhhhhhh
when did madlib and DOOM stop being the world's greatest producers, and why didn't anyone tell me?

BIG D O
02-15-2009, 11:26 PM
what?!?! Hell naw!!

Premier, Pete Rock, Large Pro, Da Beatminerz, Lord Finesse and Alchemist.....

corky831
02-15-2009, 11:33 PM
currently just blaze the best in da game in my eyes .....

Come Honor Face
02-16-2009, 12:24 AM
LOL @ Kanye being better than Premo, Rza, or Black Milk. Kanye is a decent producer. He has had some great beats, but in EVERY other aspect of Hip-Hop, and whatever genre that gay ass album he just put out is, he is flat out horrible!!!!!

the silencer
02-16-2009, 02:30 AM
i'll take this guy over him and this ain't even my favorite producer:

UkR1pyVSRlM

ALCATRAZ
02-16-2009, 02:43 AM
LOL @ Kanye being better than Premo, Rza, or Black Milk. Kanye is a decent producer. He has had some great beats, but in EVERY other aspect of Hip-Hop, and whatever genre that gay ass album he just put out is, he is flat out horrible!!!!!
kanye is light years ahead of black milk come on man

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-16-2009, 02:44 AM
lol @ mentioning Large Pro hahahhahhaha

Somebody forgot to say DJ Muggs, cuz, let's face it, he reinvented himself with his last three VS albums. Or what about El-P [yeah, I mean 2007-2009] - he is the current king of digital beats for me.

Come Honor Face
02-16-2009, 02:46 AM
kanye is light years ahead of black milk come on man

I would disagree. Kanye is making some the gheyest music I have ever heard in my life right now!

ALCATRAZ
02-16-2009, 02:49 AM
muggs and elp have about the same influence as large pro in the rap game so i dont kno what ur laughin at

ALCATRAZ
02-16-2009, 02:50 AM
I would disagree. Kanye is making some the gheyest music I have ever heard in my life right now!
right now yes, kanye is homosexual... but that doesnt take away all his other classic beats.... black milk's only has one classic beat under his belt... you just can't compare the two IMO

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-16-2009, 02:51 AM
nah, u don't understand, Large Pro isn't on Kanye's level for the last, hm, since Blueprint hahahhahaa

Muggs and El-P can compete with Kanye, and I think they had overall better beats.

ALCATRAZ
02-16-2009, 02:54 AM
i guess

YungSunny
02-16-2009, 04:47 AM
nah, u don't understand, Large Pro isn't on Kanye's level for the last, hm, since Blueprint hahahhahaa

Muggs and El-P can compete with Kanye, and I think they had overall better beats.

g_8lb-9JQUk

'Scuse me?

Come Honor Face
02-16-2009, 04:52 AM
right now yes, kanye is homosexual... but that doesnt take away all his other classic beats.... black milk's only has one classic beat under his belt... you just can't compare the two IMO

Well, imo Kanye only has a couple of "classic beats" To my ears, Black Milk may actually have more than Kanye. Anyway, Black Milk is definately WAY better than Kanye now.

mikeatris
02-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Kanye is a great producer I will give you that, but he uses a lot of rehashed samples and he is overkilling sampling to an extreme. To say he is better than Premo and Rza no way. When they were doing beats they used samples and made a lot of there own beats. Kanye beats rely heavily on samples that I have heard a million times over and he is geting a lot like Ghost with same quality songs and sample heavy, which he relies on too much. He has never had a classic album to me other than Common's Be in which Premo and Rza have produced countless classics. I like Kanye he does make good beats, but he is realy not tht original and have done made a mockery out of overused sampling.

cap
02-16-2009, 11:26 AM
kanye is definitely one of my favourite producers off all time,and i might be alone in this,but he's also a great rapper imo...

Dominus Santorini
02-16-2009, 11:44 AM
I like Kanye West's beats but can't stand his rapping. He's definitely one of the greats whose beats actual translate to money.

baritone
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
kanye is definitely one of my favourite producers off all time,and i might be alone in this,but he's also a great rapper imo...

naw you aint alone, i'm cosigning this shit

kanye use live instruments and shit now, hip hop orchestras and shit, no more samples really

chiba
02-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Premier, Pete Rock, Large Pro, Da Beatminerz, Lord Finesse and Alchemist.....

:satisfy:

Edgar Erebus
02-16-2009, 01:46 PM
You know that the whole game is wack as fuck when there are actually people who think Kanye is a great rapper.

cap
02-16-2009, 02:17 PM
You know that the whole game is wack as fuck when there are actually people who think Kanye is a great rapper.

nahman,he's actually pretty nice on the mic,listen without prejudice.
listen to 'cant tell me nothing'

'i had a dream i could buy my way to heaven,when i awoke i spent that on a necklace'

if gza said that shit you'd be cumming in ya pants right now.

i'mma keep saying it KANYE IS A GOOD RAPPER

Edgar Erebus
02-16-2009, 02:23 PM
nahman,he's actually pretty nice on the mic,listen without prejudice.
listen to 'cant tell me nothing'

'i had a dream i could buy my way to heaven,when i awoke i spent that on a necklace'

if gza said that shit you'd be cumming in ya pants right now.

i'mma keep saying it KANYE IS A GOOD RAPPER

Actually I wouldn't, that would be a corny line said by anyone.

I'mma keep saying it. KANYE IS A WACK RAPPER. He has wack and far-fetched wordplay, choppy and uneasy flow and either weak subject matter or stupid opinions. Plus it's just painful how he has such an inferiority complex that he spent three albums justifying his dropping out of college. (If I had enough talent connections to make myself a music career I'd drop out without second thought.)

He should really stick to producing if you ask me.

cap
02-16-2009, 02:43 PM
ok man, opinions right?they're like assholes.

yours is just shittier

Edgar Erebus
02-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Whatever. I just think that saying Kanye is a great rapper is as shitty an opinion as it goes. You can say that he's good (I actually think that he did a nice lyrical job on College Dropout), I can dig that, but great he simply ISN'T.

But yeah, compared to what's being offered at the moment he's pure greatness.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-16-2009, 04:27 PM
g_8lb-9JQUk

'Scuse me?

this is his only good beat in the last.....2 years.

Muggs did two albums by this time and El-P made some other beats on Aesop's album look bad.

rS_fYmGcxMo

LISTEN TO THIS MONSTER OF A BEAT. =drops jaw=

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-16-2009, 05:36 PM
so yeah, El-P is better now

and was better then

IwI30Ag11iY&feature=related

After this beat RZA knew he had to find something else to do in his life, like making soundtracks.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Funny how YoungSunny never responded.

THE W
02-17-2009, 04:46 PM
bronze nazareth >>>>> kanye west.....and everybody else

Ye is ill though, i liked graduation

YungSunny
02-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Funny how YoungSunny never responded.

I....went...to...school. :i

YungSunny
02-17-2009, 04:51 PM
this is his only good beat in the last.....2 years.

Muggs did two albums by this time and El-P made some other beats on Aesop's album look bad.

rS_fYmGcxMo

LISTEN TO THIS MONSTER OF A BEAT. =drops jaw=

That beat's ok...

2Bladez
02-18-2009, 04:00 AM
for me the best beats of kanye >>> best beats of all other producers from the underground

...and FUCK EL'P !!!!!!!!!!!

SHRAP
02-18-2009, 04:02 AM
producer yes, as long as he stays the fuck away from rapping his spittin is so generic it makes me want to jam q-tips so far into my ears that blood comes out

Edgar Erebus
02-18-2009, 04:19 AM
^ Yeah, something like that.

As I said, he had some nice ideas on College Dropout but ran out of 'em rather quickly.