PDA

View Full Version : Which Deep Cover version do you prefer?

Shogah
02-17-2009, 06:42 AM
Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg

1cHJySBk6Nk

Or

Big Pun & Fat Joe

b-okIgFd024

I would say that both songs kick ass, but my personal opinion is that dr dre(as a rapper) and snoop dogg(as a rapper) ain't THAT good at rapping.

So i'll say that pun and fat joe won this one, although both versions bang equally good when played in car.

I also think this is one of the best beats in history of hip hop.

Rame
02-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Pun & Joe.

davedigital360
02-17-2009, 06:47 AM
I liked the beat better on Puppet Master from the Soul Assassins album. All 3 are ill, just saying the beat is better on Puppet Master.

SickT
02-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Pun & Joe.
Co-sign

I liked the beat better on Puppet Master from the Soul Assassins album. All 3 are ill, just saying the beat is better on Puppet Master.

It's not the same beat lol

Tecknowledgist
02-17-2009, 07:14 AM
killin mothafuckas if i have to
pullin gats too
let you niggas know im comin ATCHOO

^^love the way dre says that line.

both versions are great but Pun is a beast. Joe came hard as shit too.

gotta say Pun's version

drippie k
02-17-2009, 08:08 AM
i gotta roll with dre n snoop's version on this one

GhettoGnom
02-17-2009, 09:19 AM
The Pun/Joe version is easily the superior version, and also my favorite.

TAURO
02-17-2009, 10:26 AM
The spics got this one.

benzo
02-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Pun wrecked it harder lyrically but the arrangement of the OG is far better. Plus it was Snoop's intro into the game...and a damn good one.

GreenPoop!
02-17-2009, 01:06 PM
I like Dre & Snoop's. Snoop's verses killed it in my opinion, hardcore.

Fat Joe just doesn't do it for me.

Pattch82
02-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Dre and Snoop's version is better overall, IMO, but Pun kills it too...

"Dead in the middle of little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middlemen who didnt do diddley!"

^^^ CLASSIC LINE!!!

Peace!

Bedlam
02-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Pun's performance on Deep Cover 98 is fuckin amazing. The chorus with Snoop doing it on the original is great tho, it's a tough choice. I listen to Deep Cover 98 more tho, so I gotta chose that.

benzo
02-17-2009, 02:31 PM
How bout the OG Dre version vs. the Dre remix with different verses and the "mothafuckin cop" chorus? I love em both..

Edgar Erebus
02-17-2009, 03:16 PM
OG version easily does it for me.

Afficial_Nastee
02-18-2009, 09:20 AM
The '98 version is just another track and beat that got ripped heavily by Big Pun....

beautifulrock
02-18-2009, 09:22 AM
can't beat an original...Dre and Snoop

GhettoGnom
02-18-2009, 12:02 PM
can't beat an original...Dre and Snoop

Yes you can, with perfectly written verses delivered ill as fuck :)

Senator C. Palantine
02-18-2009, 12:04 PM
I prefer Kool G Rap's version.

And if Kool G Rap didn't do a version then I'm not interested.

beautifulrock
02-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Yes you can, with perfectly written verses delivered ill as fuck :)Yea, I'm not arguing with you.

venex
02-18-2009, 01:48 PM
the pun/joe version was crazy...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-18-2009, 02:30 PM
killin mothafuckas if i have to
pullin gats too
let you niggas know im comin ATCHOO

^^love the way dre says that line.

both versions are great but Pun is a beast. Joe came hard as shit too.

gotta say Pun's version

co-sign, pun's verison i lve the dre/snoop verison but they had nothing on the Pun verison

oDoUoSoKo
02-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Yes you can, with perfectly written verses delivered ill as fuck :)
co sign

narc
02-18-2009, 07:02 PM
when i heard "Dead in the middle of little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middlemen who didnt do diddley" from puns version...I came

gotta say Big Puns version was better but fat joe ruined it

staycreepin_n_silence
02-18-2009, 07:20 PM
dre all day

spiggity_ace
02-18-2009, 07:22 PM
love both, but since it seems that pun ghostwrote joes verses on that,m its essentially pun rippin it striaght through and nothing fucks with dead in the middle of little italy little did we know we riddled 2 middlemen who didnt do diddly, i think thats it, saying it off the top of my head, and i rub your face in the earth and curse your family children like amityville joe n pun take it.

Tecknowledgist
02-18-2009, 09:23 PM
nice, i didnt expect this to be so evenly divided haha

djskillz
02-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Gotta go with the OG on this one although Pun tears that beat to shreds. Fuck Fat Joe.

GhettoGnom
02-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Am I the only one getting a little mad inside everytime some faggot comes saying "fuck fat joe" or "fat joe is wack" when we're talking about the past?

Stop trying to dislike everything associated with the mainstream, Joe in the ninties was straight rawness, and every real motherfucker knows it.

BIG D O
02-19-2009, 02:58 PM
pun and Joe definitely....

Bedlam
02-20-2009, 03:04 AM
Joe in the ninties was straight rawness, and every real motherfucker knows it.

Cause Pun was writing for him back then.

Edgar Erebus
02-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Am I the only one getting a little mad inside everytime some faggot comes saying "fuck fat joe" or "fat joe is wack" when we're talking about the past?

Stop trying to dislike everything associated with the mainstream, Joe in the ninties was straight rawness, and every real motherfucker knows it.

Every real motherfucker knows Joe can't rap.

falp3jzyOOQ

That's his most non-mainstream phase, right? And tell me, in which regards was his rapping in ninties better than now? He's simply a bad rapper, always been, always will be. He's only smart enough to jump on whatever bandwagon passes by, so he has a couple of fans from each of his phases: y'all like him from his DITC phase, some people like him for his Murder Inc. Ja Rule joints, some people like him for "Lean Back" and some like him for his Miami shit.

I, personally, don't like him at all.

GhettoGnom
02-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Every real motherfucker knows Joe can't rap.

That's his most non-mainstream phase, right? And tell me, in which regards was his rapping in ninties better than now? He's simply a bad rapper, always been, always will be. He's only smart enough to jump on whatever bandwagon passes by, so he has a couple of fans from each of his phases: y'all like him from his DITC phase, some people like him for his Murder Inc. Ja Rule joints, some people like him for "Lean Back" and some like him for his Miami shit.

I, personally, don't like him at all.

Ey, I didn't say his rapping was bad now. I still like him, as a matter of fact, Elephant In The Room was easily one of the better mainstream albums of '08, though it had some obvious radio tracks that was horrible. And not liking him is one thing, that's aiit, but it's obvious that most of these cats have heard "Lean Back" and "Make It Rain" and thought "naaah, he's mainstream, he's wack". Even if you don't like him, you know that, and if you don't know that, you're a part of whom I'm talking about.

What I'm saying is, give props where props is due, and no, Pun OBVIOUSLY didn't write all his shit in the nineties, you must be deranged if you're thinking that, first of, Fat Joe started out way before Pun, second, his style was completely different, and it's pretty easy to hear:
RfZ5wA9lK5c

shystar36
02-22-2009, 12:21 AM
pun and joe... i have never put that song on and not had people get hyped that its playing. who doesn't know that infamous line... need i put it up

oLd_KaiNry
02-22-2009, 01:08 AM
dre n snoop