PDA

View Full Version : yo, HOW CAN I SELL MY ALBUM!?

SKAMPOE
02-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Like How Do I Get It On I Tunes Or Sum Where Where I Can Sell It..???

Art Vandelay
02-18-2009, 10:01 PM
that piece of garbage won't sell anywhere.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
02-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Step 1: Get better at rapping.

Im just kidding skampoe. Depending on how much you charge, I might by a copy.

The Hound
02-18-2009, 10:04 PM
hit me up michelin man, i'll buy 5 copies ... i need some door stops and a pooper scooper

EAGLE EYE
02-18-2009, 10:10 PM
- Bootleg it outside at any Bridgeport Hip Hop venues.

- Also find a local company that makes vinyl weather resistant stickers. Get someone from this forum or in real life to make you a PCP graphic. It has to be scalable vector art. The decal company will need the file which you can email. Stick with 2 colors. They might want the pantone color code. Just ask them to help you pick one appropriate.

- network with promoters either myspace or real life

thats all i can think of at the moment

SKAMPOE
02-18-2009, 10:14 PM
- Bootleg it outside at any Bridgeport Hip Hop venues.

- Also find a local company that makes vinyl weather resistant stickers. Get someone from this forum or in real life to make you a PCP graphic. It has to be scalable vector art. The decal company will need the file which you can email. Stick with 2 colors. They might want the pantone color code. Just ask them to help you pick one appropriate.

- network with promoters either myspace or real life

thats all i can think of at the moment
WERD^ I GOT THAT. BUT I NEED TO KNOW HOW CAN I SELL IT ONLINE, LIKE I TUNES PREFERABLY!

EAGLE EYE
02-18-2009, 10:20 PM
im not sure if the iTunes store requires you be signed to a label or not but they probably have a few requirements since they don't want all the myspacers to flood the store.

SKAMPOE
02-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Well Aint That A Fine Hadda Ya Yak!

L~>1<~NKS
02-18-2009, 10:26 PM
that piece of garbage won't sell anywhere.

wow

EAGLE EYE
02-18-2009, 10:26 PM
get on American Idol next season.

SKAMPOE
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
get on American Idol next season.
I DID, I GOT BANNED FOR SMOKIN WEED IN THE LOBBY...

Art Vandelay
02-18-2009, 10:28 PM
you should sit in front of your computer and make another 18,250 posts about rectal prolapse. that always helps

SKAMPOE
02-18-2009, 10:35 PM
JAJAJHAHAHAHAHHA ART GO BACK TO STICKIN SHIT ON THE WALLS OF UR ROOM!

http://s5.tinypic.com/8zmtxs.jpg

Uncle Steezo
02-18-2009, 10:36 PM
sell it via soundclick or cdbaby

or you could use it as a front for your other business.

real talk.

i sold about 1000 copies of "The Way of The Warrior" by putting the cd in the bag with my tshirts. called the shirt as free giveaway when really it was the other way around.

i could have sold 5000 CDs if i printed that many.

Art Vandelay
02-18-2009, 10:36 PM
LMAO, where did you find a picture of me at?

Prolifical ENG
02-18-2009, 10:40 PM

real talk.

i sold about 1000 copies of "The Way of The Warrior" by putting the cd in the bag with my tshirts. called the shirt as free giveaway when really it was the other way around.

thats actually pretty good. if anything just add on an extra $3 to t-shirt sales and call one or the other free. dont know about pressing cost....get that covered too.

TSA
02-18-2009, 10:40 PM
dont fuck with the internet until you have decent non wucorp buzz

-burn 500 copies, sell them by hand.

that's what i did with 200 and sold them all.

go to best buy, get some blank CDs, sharpie your name on to them, get black CD cases, slide a printed cover or booklet where it allows.

print out an excessive amount of fliers, like 400 minimum and post them up everywhere you can in a concentrated area around you, aka your neighborhood.
then go outside, play it from your truck and sell at high pedestrian traffic areas like gas stations.

ppl will buy it cause they see you grindin, cause they've seen posters all over and therefore you look more legit the more they see them, cause they might like it, cause it's cheap, cause your in their face and they can't say no, and most of all cause it's cheap.

gas stations are the best cause ppl walk out with stray change.

sell each for like 5 dollars, give jig some, you keep some, and everyone keeps what they sell. I assume one of you if not both of you are incredibly lazy and therefore it wont work but this is what i did and i was fucking EATIN

everyone knows you can eat.

Tonystarks420
02-18-2009, 10:48 PM
word^

back when i was in high school this dude a cuple years older then me, who was a HUGE wu head, used to sell his mixtapes around the school. they were mostly him spittin over Wu-Instrumentals but he had a couple of joints that were produced by his buddy.

anyways mostly all the kids including me used to chill across the street at a plaza with a pizza joint, corner store and indian cusine place where we used to all just go in and chill in the booths and roll spliffs cuz the owner didnt care. but he used to just come by there and sell his shit and play it in his whip for everyone to hear, kids of all grades.

SKAMPOE
02-18-2009, 10:52 PM
LMAO, where did you find a picture of me at?
UR FOTO BUKET LOL

real talk.

DATSWUZZUP
dont fuck with the internet until you have decent non wucorp buzz

-burn 500 copies, sell them by hand.

that's what i did with 200 and sold them all.

go to best buy, get some blank CDs, sharpie your name on to them, get black CD cases, slide a printed cover or booklet where it allows.

print out an excessive amount of fliers, like 400 minimum and post them up everywhere you can in a concentrated area around you, aka your neighborhood.
then go outside, play it from your truck and sell at high pedestrian traffic areas like gas stations.

ppl will buy it cause they see you grindin, cause they've seen posters all over and therefore you look more legit the more they see them, cause they might like it, cause it's cheap, cause your in their face and they can't say no, and most of all cause it's cheap.

gas stations are the best cause ppl walk out with stray change.

sell each for like 5 dollars, give jig some, you keep some, and everyone keeps what they sell. I assume one of you if not both of you are incredibly lazy and therefore it wont work but this is what i did and i was fucking EATIN

everyone knows you can eat.
GOOD SHIT MAIN...

Uncle Steezo
02-18-2009, 10:59 PM
the walmart parking lot is like a swap meet out here.

i made about 200 bux in less than an hr slanging tees .

they got cats sellin jewelry watches cologne dvds cds hair care product noni juice LOL

Uncle Steezo
02-18-2009, 11:06 PM
there's a chick who runs a spot in New Haven who will print you out some pro looking cds

her spot is called diamond tree. right down the street from the 2-4, if you know that area.

i think its like 1.25 per cd if you cop a few hundred. but they look dope.

JohnnyKarson
02-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Diss Jay-Z, Nas and 50 cent on Youtube. Say that they don't know the mathematics of today.

I mean it worked for Maino.

L~>1<~NKS
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM

real talk.

how would you make a profit tho?

you get the T's wholesale or does the boxes fall off the truck??

buy the way skamp

try comin out with a single first

get dj connects try payola....sad but true reality

Uncle Steezo
02-18-2009, 11:37 PM
how would you make a profit tho?

you get the T's wholesale or does the boxes fall off the truck??

i wasn't in it for the profit. i was in it for the exposure.

but its more like creative accounting.

the cds cost me about a dollar a piece. i just added that dollar into the $5 cost of printing my shirts. i sold my shirts on the street $20 2 for $30 3 for $50. but i could say that i sold 1000 shirts OR 1000 CDs depending on who asked.

5000 CDs on the street can get you a deal.

see what i'm getting at?

SKAMPOE
02-18-2009, 11:47 PM
cool

Hollow Dartz
02-18-2009, 11:50 PM
LOL your video got 1 star. SMH...... Damn, I need to take a quick listen I'll be back...

Hollow Dartz
02-19-2009, 12:09 AM
LMAO! Same scene in the whole video.

EAGLE EYE
02-19-2009, 12:14 AM
hire tissas extended family to bootleg your shit.

Art Vandelay
02-19-2009, 12:19 AM

he was going for the xzibit look

70CiC_BV0TE

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 12:33 AM
fuck it, the verbals is on point razor sharp!

DJMethods
02-19-2009, 12:57 AM
First step is making music worth buying.

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 01:50 AM
a person's garbage is always sum one else's treasure.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-19-2009, 02:01 AM
sell it with lemonade on the streets like other kids, Skampoe

Uncle Steezo
02-19-2009, 02:22 AM
a person's garbage is always sum one else's treasure.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd116/STYLEMASTERR/Photo242.jpg

J-Cee
02-19-2009, 03:20 AM
cdbaby.com

J-Cee
02-19-2009, 03:24 AM
i got faith in y skamp doogy dogg..for real if uz got ya beatgame up with some real bangin street shit..and work on ur flow so ur bars blended smoother etcin my opinion

..id buy ur shit no doubt and would feel tha music alot more..still quality,keep it up/

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Thats Peace J-cee!

Lmao @ Styles

TSA
02-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Idk if PCP does shows, my assumption is not cause you guys come off as lazy, but if you do a show with a rapper in the area, a free show, and sell your CDs there then a huge portion of the ppl that come will cop a CD. Also, throw a diss track on the CD, a diss track at someone alot of ppl know but not like a celebrity, like a local DJ or radio personality.

fortify an area before going further, a 'turf' with fliers and the diss track and shit.
oh and where da club banga at skamp?

TSA
02-19-2009, 10:08 AM
that T-shirt shit is a NICE idea. Oh and start collaborating with cats like madness. always say your name on the tracks to.

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 10:10 AM
I Dont Make Club Bangers, We Make I95 Rider Music. We Also Got Joints That'll Make Niggaz Break Bottles Over Other Cats Heads In The Club. But I See Whutcja Sayin, Peace.

TSA
02-19-2009, 10:13 AM
and give some LOCAL hoodlums with systems your CD. Tell them to bump it when they're driving through the nieghborhood but know them first, have a blunt or 2 with them fucking trip to NY or something idk, just make them feel like your friends then give it to them and tell them to bump it for support.

idk if ppl still play music loudly out of systems anymore, yesterday i noticed i hadn't heard it in years and im in the arrogant wigger capital of america.

TSA
02-19-2009, 10:18 AM
i was jp with the club banger shit. i really wanted to ask where the dicks at?

but you need a 'hit' and it doesn't have to be club oriented, just a song ppl will remember off the album. You can't have all album cuts.
that's where the diss track comes it. You guys' shit is too grimey, keep it that way but get someone else to write you a chorus and find you a beat. or polish 1 track up like puffy did with Your All I Need. Someone skilled at it, or that specializes knowing what ppl like, you guys listen to wutang so i wouldn't trust your own instinct.

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
and give some LOCAL hoodlums with systems your CD. Tell them to bump it when they're driving through the nieghborhood but know them first, have a blunt or 2 with them fucking trip to NY or something idk, just make them feel like your friends then give it to them and tell them to bump it for support.

idk if ppl still play music loudly out of systems anymore, yesterday i noticed i hadn't heard it in years and im in the arrogant wigger capital of america.
HAHAHAHA YEA SHIT THATS ALL U SEE AROUND HERE HAHAHA PUERTO RICANS WITH HONDAS A KNOCKIN SYSTEMS HAHAHAHHAHA EVERY OTHER DRUG DEALER THAT MAKES HIM SELF A DECENT CHUNK OF CHANGE THYA ALL OPEN UP GARAGES WHERE THEY HOOK UP MUSIC ON WHIPS HAHAHAHAH SO YEA I GOT U, I WILL BE DOIN THAT!

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 10:32 AM
i was jp with the club banger shit. i really wanted to ask where the dicks at?

but you need a 'hit' and it doesn't have to be club oriented, just a song ppl will remember off the album. You can't have all album cuts.
that's where the diss track comes it. You guys' shit is too grimey, keep it that way but get someone else to write you a chorus and find you a beat. or polish 1 track up like puffy did with Your All I Need. Someone skilled at it, or that specializes knowing what ppl like, you guys listen to wutang so i wouldn't trust your own instinct.
I GOT THAT, I HAVE CRAFTED THE CATCHIEST HOOK ON A TRACK FOLLOWED BY DOPE LYRICS, I GOT THIS, I JUST NEED EXPOSURE, BUT YA COMMIN THRU WITH THE GREAT INSIGHT, PEACE PEACE.!

ilzPotent
02-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey Skanky..

Find open mics...Blow there minds.. and there you sell your cds. If you're good, you may even get show slots.

Uncle Steezo
02-19-2009, 02:10 PM
call my boy Peoples
he owns the STREET CONNFINEMENT magazine

203 996 9589

Tell him stylemaster gave you this number. tell him your story.
he's always looking to rep CT niggaz.

Sarah UK
02-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Probably already been said but at concerts I always get pressurised into buying some shitty album for 5 that I never really wanted. So yeah, try hanging around outside concerts or get in touch with established artists that are performing locally - they usually use upcoming local artists for support to get the crowd hyped and then you could sell your album in there.

One word: networking.

Uncle Steezo
02-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Probably already been said but at concerts I always get pressurised into buying some shitty album for 5 that I never really wanted. So yeah, try hanging around outside concerts or get in touch with established artists that are performing locally - they usually use upcoming local artists for support to get the crowd hyped and then you could sell your album in there.

yup what she said. you know Toads Place.

cutn' heads
02-19-2009, 02:59 PM
i know a local rapper who is not on a major and he got his stuff on itunes. it is possible...

FatherSl!me
02-19-2009, 03:07 PM

dont even bother dude. youre never gonna make it :nonono:

hire tissas extended family to bootleg your shit.

:lmao::lmao:

dam that was fucked up

L~>1<~NKS
02-19-2009, 05:55 PM
i wasn't in it for the profit.i was in it for the exposure.

but its more like creative accounting.

the cds cost me about a dollar a piece. i just added that dollar into the $5 cost of printing my shirts. i sold my shirts on the street $20 2 for $30 3 for $50. but i could say that i sold 1000 shirts OR 1000 CDs depending on who asked.

5000 CDs on the street can get you a deal.

see what i'm getting at?

yes

Hey Skanky..

Find open mics...Blow there minds.. and there you sell your cds. If you're good, you may even get show slots.

truth

doin shows (exposure) is a must before you even think of sellin'.. u already got the internet thing poppin... but you def gotta start movin crowds

and try and get an LLC goin ASAP... one of MANY benefits is that if your into heavy production - you can write off your equipment/works come tax time and distributors recognize that...

it varies tho depending on state guidelines and shit like that

Killa BB
02-19-2009, 06:06 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd116/STYLEMASTERR/Photo242.jpg

Help him Jesus...

call my boy Peoples

203 996 9589

If that's not a real number that's bogus... and funny...

Sex Sells Skamp... So you can either put a pic of you with your shirt off on the cover, or... take up prostitution and and make the CD a part of your deluxe service package...

Ninja
02-19-2009, 06:09 PM
dont kno if its been said......

but do it OLD SCHOOL WU TANG STYLE

DRIVE AROUND BLASTING UR MUSIC AND START SELLING IT FROM YOUR TRUNK!!!!

IT WORKED FOR THEM!!!

cutn' heads
02-19-2009, 06:19 PM
dont kno if its been said......

but do it OLD SCHOOL WU TANG STYLE

DRIVE AROUND BLASTING UR MUSIC AND START SELLING IT FROM YOUR TRUNK!!!!

IT WORKED FOR THEM!!!

nope, no one said that

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
02-19-2009, 07:35 PM
www.mp3.com (http://www.mp3.com)

Trust A Nigga Skampoe Thats The Most Profesional Site And Cats Respect A Cat On It

Other Lesser Sites

CDbaby
Soundclick
Imeem

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey Skanky..

Thats Also A Good Idea You Wanna Get Ya Stang Presence Known.....

DUMBO
02-19-2009, 07:59 PM
why don't you spread mayonnaise on one side of the cd, and peanut butter on the other side, and sell it to yourself?

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey Skanky..

call my boy Peoples

203 996 9589

yes

truth

doin shows (exposure) is a must before you even think of sellin'.. u already got the internet thing poppin... but you def gotta start movin crowds

and try and get an LLC goin ASAP... one of MANY benefits is that if your into heavy production - you can write off your equipment/works come tax time and distributors recognize that...

it varies tho depending on state guidelines and shit like that

www.mp3.com (http://www.mp3.com)

Trust A Nigga Skampoe Thats The Most Profesional Site And Cats Respect A Cat On It

Other Lesser Sites

CDbaby
Soundclick
Imeem
good shit ya'll, peace for all the insight, it is appreciated werd up n down! peace!

snapple
02-19-2009, 09:16 PM
good luck with everything skamp....

if you ever do some shows in new york definitely give a heads up...

tajeco
02-22-2009, 04:40 PM
SnoCap is directly linked to myspace. Instead of using the myspace player, you use the SnoCap player. You can set the price per song, but you don't get 100% royalties because SnoCap is free. I also know people who use cdbaby for actual discs.

SKAMPOE
02-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Good Lookin Out Tajeco^ I Tryed Using That Snocap Shit But Is Very Complicated For Me Lol Im Not That Computer4 Literate..

NIKLZ
02-23-2009, 12:48 PM
http://yourfavoritewhiteboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/broke-rappers.jpg

SKAMPOE
02-23-2009, 02:08 PM
lol werd werd

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2009, 04:01 PM
did you call Peoples?
when you got a halfway professional cd ready, call him.

SKAMPOE
02-23-2009, 07:43 PM
i will sun werd!

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2009, 08:03 PM
yo i got mad plugs all over ct

heard of Obas? Haitian cat he all over CT
Crown Troupe. they opened for KRS at Toads.
Twizz. produces CT street dvds and was bout to drop a tv show idk if he did already

u might have to go to New Whore tho...you allowed over there? lol

i can make a call if too many wolves is out. hashahahahaha

Longbongcilvaringz
02-23-2009, 08:25 PM
This thread, and a lot of the responses, are outrageously funny.

Creative Accounting son.

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2009, 08:45 PM
pats vajayjay is sopping wet right now.

dripping

SKAMPOE
02-24-2009, 07:26 AM
yo i got mad plugs all over ct

heard of Obas? Haitian cat he all over CT
Crown Troupe. they opened for KRS at Toads.
Twizz. produces CT street dvds and was bout to drop a tv show idk if he did already

u might have to go to New Whore tho...you allowed over there? lol

i can make a call if too many wolves is out. hashahahahaha
lmao nigga please, i lived in NEW HAVEN atually FAIR HAVEN.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-24-2009, 08:26 AM
I'd guess, that style never had me on ignore.

Uncle Steezo
02-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I'd guess, that style never had me on ignore.

oh i had you on ignore..... i just didn't press the button.

now here is a picture of New Haven CT
http://www.logistec.com/lgt06/images/stories/facilities/new-haven.jpg

L~>1<~NKS
02-24-2009, 04:06 PM
^^ the blue water shows like teeth in a black orgy pic

why skamp get bannished fo'