PDA

View Full Version : How Can you Sell your Cd Online!?

SKAMPOE
02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
ANY HELP OR POINTERS GREATLY APPRECIATED:beer:

12weLvE
02-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Are you talking abou the sword and the sledge hammer or the pcp ep?

SKAMPOE
02-18-2009, 10:41 PM
t.s.a.t.s.h

ICABOD CHANG
02-18-2009, 10:58 PM
yo yo use paypal my boy,,,, if u got it.. if not, all u need is a bankaccount an they hook it up so everything goes through them no fraud shit an its the safest i think,,,

SKAMPOE
02-18-2009, 11:27 PM
good stuff^

DC Entel
02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
yeah basically fam run it through the paypal

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 12:46 AM
how do i get ma shit on i tunes?

Slide
02-19-2009, 04:46 AM
DC Entel yeah you are right. By PayPal.

beautifulrock
02-19-2009, 05:01 AM
If you really wanna sell the album, charge $15 bucks for it and tape a Jackson on the cover.

IronFingaz7
02-19-2009, 05:23 AM
cdbaby.com

P.E.A.C.E.

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Peace

12weLvE
02-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Aight Skamp there are some things you have to think about... are you pressing this album up and is it going to be a quality product? I am talking about official shit jewel case, artwork and all that. Or are you going to just make it a downloadable mp3 album that you want to sell? There are several options...I mean dudes already hit you up with good info on how to sell it, but check this:

http://www.oasiscd.com/

This is some professional shit... you get upc codes and all that, so it can be sold in record stores... so you already know its official... you just gotta make investments... theres nice little packages that are least expensive like this one:

http://www.oasiscd.com/products/JewelCase.asp

you can get 500 cd's for $940 and you can always bargain witht the company. So look at it like this... if you sell each copy for like 10 bucks thats 5 g's minus the $940 you invested. So thats a nice little profit fam... you just gotta get on your grind.

Think about it if you are serious.... you and jig can def make some good money of this... its like $470 each you invest to get them pressed up pro style and then get on your grind... Its all about making a good product... your gonna need dope artwork, and high quality tracks to make this work, but I think you guys can do it.

BTW I got all of this business knowledge from Sinapse, so give him props too lol.

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Peace Chek N Sinapse For Always Droppin Jewels. This^ Is Real Insightful.

12weLvE
02-19-2009, 09:23 AM
I mean Skamp you gotta get on your street hustle grind. Internet... everything man... Lets say you handle 250 copies and jig handles 250 both of you can def do that as long as you keep forming a large fan base and just og all out... hit record stores and have your shit up on the shelves... But your biggest grind will be out in the streets and online... get known man. Thats the point of all this music shit at the end of the day.

100pr00f
02-19-2009, 09:27 AM
before u sell u got see if u got the buyers..u need to promote the shit out of it ..youtube commercials,, links on mad websites..
hometown support, radio play
home made music vid
a single to promote the cd ur selling

12weLvE
02-19-2009, 09:38 AM
before u sell u got see if u got the buyers..u need to promote the shit out of it ..youtube commercials,, links on mad websites..
hometown support, radio play
home made music vid
a single to promote the cd ur selling

Word to that Proof. You dont want to be sitting at home with 400 copies left on some... damn we only sold 100 and we dont know who else wants it... so basically you sold 100 lets say for 10 bucks... made a good G, but not really because thats almost how much you paid to get them pressed. You need to build a heavy fan base! there is not only Wu-Corp...there are a lot of hip hop forums on the net... get popular there...lace cats up with the best shit you have...dont come weak because some cats at other forums arent as nice as some of the cats here...trust me lol.

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Proof, I Got All That Down Already, I Just Need To Promote Like A Mad Man, Like The Drug Game..

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Word to that Proof. You dont want to be sitting at home with 400 copies left on some... damn we only sold 100 and we dont know who else wants it... so basically you sold 100 lets say for 10 bucks... made a good G, but not really because thats almost how much you paid to get them pressed. You need to build a heavy fan base! there is not only Wu-Corp...there are a lot of hip hop forums on the net... get popular there...lace cats up with the best shit you have...dont come weak because some cats at other forums arent as nice as some of the cats here...trust me lol.
I FEEL THAT RIGHT THERE!^^^

THE MASON
02-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Sticky this

this is all good info, that anyone can use, and people can post up there experiences with this shit, help cats like Skampoe even more or anyone who comes thru

peace just an idea, mad good info in here tho

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Werd Werd^ Theres Plenty Of Good Jewels Here Peace To Every One Who Added On!

White_Mouse
02-19-2009, 10:24 AM
man i'm using
www.pcxmedia.com
they do dope work i ordered 50 cd's with Package A no Jewel cases, but i've sold quite a few and i'm going to order more and sell on cdbaby.com

o also
www.tunecore.com
handles itunes biz i'm getting the single "One Day at a Time" on there as we speak

SKAMPOE
02-19-2009, 10:41 AM
man i'm using
www.pcxmedia.com (http://www.pcxmedia.com)
they do dope work i ordered 50 cd's with Package A no Jewel cases, but i've sold quite a few and i'm going to order more and sell on cdbaby.com

o also
www.tunecore.com (http://www.tunecore.com)
handles itunes biz i'm getting the single "One Day at a Time" on there as we speak
TUNE CORE LOOKS GOOD, IM GONNA RESERCH IT A LIL DEEPER, THANKS FOR ADDING ON FAM, PEACE!

Tyler Durden
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Get-Music-Onto-The-Itunes-Music-Store

this link here shows how to put your tracks on itunes

Theres charges for it but I guess you knew that.

If you create a facebook group Ive got a second account with a shit load "friends" and i'll keep inviting people to join it cos Ive added some application that gives me like 25 adds overnight.

If people hear some intros or tracks from within the group or some youtube links they might become fans.

You should do this on myspace and bebo too.

If ya want, it'll only take like 5 mins to invite them all

Peace

ICABOD CHANG
02-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Hahaha,,, Fuk Yea,,, Icabod Is Takin Notes,,, Got Lottsa Madness In The Works,,,
Ya'll Lemme Know An Ill Help Yall Promote Def,,, We Fam So I Gots U! Best Of Lucks,, Also What Imm Gna Be Doin Is Gettin Shows At Local Spots Even If There Small Places To Start,, U Can Sell Ur Shit At A Merch Table An Gain Local Fanss,,, My Main Focus Now,, Than Maybe A Lil Tour Hahaha,,, Somethin To Think Abouit .. Peace Fam!!

Sinapse
02-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Pretty much everything has been said...

Based on my research, I think Oasis is the best company...they offer all sorts of packaging (jewel cases, digipaks, multi disk formats, booklets, etc) and make a real high quality product that doesn't fall apart and shit, plus they have lots of great promo tools like small posters, t shirts, download cards, etc

Net grind is what it is, but you gotta hit the local scene and eventually expand out regionally if you gonna really do anything...

Most important thing though is the quality of the music, from top to bottom - beats, content, flows, sound quality, mixing/engineering - all that has to be at or nearly approaching pro level otherwise you are gonna flop hard if you start asking for people to buy your music.

SKAMPOE
02-23-2009, 04:09 PM
indeed brother^ i feel that..

Memory Man
02-24-2009, 06:16 AM
skamp, do you guys do live shows? if not you should look into getting opening spots at local shows, especially if you end up making physical product. if you get a local following, you'd be surprised at how many cds you can move if they're priced reasonably. if they cost about $2 to make, i'd charge 5.

SKAMPOE
02-24-2009, 07:37 AM
werd^ we lookin into that as we speak. peace.

JIGSAW45
03-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Word Is Bond ...this Thread Should Definitely Be Sticky'd...this Is Valuable Info,what Up Check? I'm Sure I Aint The Only One That Said It...sticky This Please...1

imbrator
04-14-2009, 06:33 AM
One thing so Important for that is the Support , and support begins with tha Fam

hope that our corp family< i think we re more than 60 peeps > gotta support each member that bring an official original CD

if a member pay 1000 bucks for pressing so he gotta know that at least his wu corp family gotta pay his halb coast when they support buying his CD and i think no one of us gotta lose

and gotta bring us more energy to make moree and more sound

first the fam then the Fan

and we have a large universal community that luv our ish , u have only to to look in google for wu corp army , ern dawgy , graaveyaard shifter and more and u gotta see

Ergebnisse 1 - 7 von ungefähr 590516 für graveyard shifter. (0.50 Sekunden
Ergebnisse 1 - 9 von ungefähr 742784 für imperial skillz empera. (0.100 Sekunden
)
Ergebnisse 1 - 9 von ungefähr 825071 für wu corp army. (0.72 Sekunden)

ErErgebnissErgebnisse 1 - 8 von ungefähr 410990 für ern dawgy. (0.69 Sekunden)

and we have to play on the high level , no more digital releases it s enough lords , it s time to rock tha professionnal level , analog release is somthing that u can touch and say hey i got an album

we should create a webpage where we gotta sell all corp Army producs , somthing like chambermuzik and hand in hand i think we can got sucess ,

peace fam

imbrator
04-14-2009, 06:44 AM
we begin first to create all in our space a blog called : Corp army CD shop or smthing like that and posting now the sinapse album

and triyng to promote if each one of us send a message to his communitiy in myspace i thing Sinapse gotta have more and more selling CDs

i m waitin for ur viewpoint

peace family

SKAMPOE
04-14-2009, 07:03 AM
werd

BLACK BART SIMPSON
04-14-2009, 08:31 AM
we should create a webpage where we gotta sell all corp Army producs , somthing like chambermuzik and hand in hand i think we can got sucess ,

co fucking sign that to the fullest...and have member bios or summin

imbrator
04-23-2009, 04:53 AM
on my side i can promote it in some webpages that i know in morocco , germany , france

hey killbot u can peep the corp armymyspace u gotta find all membres of tha worldwide family crew

OddioPellMell
04-27-2009, 03:39 PM
You boys spittin mad knowledge my crew got shit in the works and this here is gonna help. Big up

OddioPellMell
04-27-2009, 04:45 PM
what are some other hip hop Forums i can drop my space on ?????

Demonio80
06-30-2009, 04:41 PM
werd
Ayo Skampoe i think the idea of Imperial iz good, i support PCP 100% in Italy my Country, if u want my word wait your next PCP project 4 build a good promotion (The Sword & The SledgeHammer iz deja spread on the net at 320 kbps) & 4 select the best way digital or CD... 4 my now the best way iz digital.... Peace!PCP in Italy!Rafaelz aka Demonio80

SKAMPOE
06-30-2009, 04:59 PM
grazia, peace^

right now we promotin this!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/skampoe/soundtheoryflyer.png

illest emceesn producers world wide...

Caper
11-03-2010, 09:25 AM
You can sell your album or single on Itunes, Amazon, Napster and alot of other online stores by going here http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-4085117-10492106