PDA

View Full Version : Prime Ren vs Prime Snoop

mikeatris
02-19-2009, 11:14 PM
I am asking pound 4 pound a prime MC Ren(S.O.C. and Niggaz4Life) vs a prime Snoop(Chronic and Doggystyle). Snoop did his thing on Chronic and Doggystyle. He came into his own on Doggystyle. Ren and Cube pretty much put Straight Outta Compton on the map with their lyrics but Ren was an absolute monster on Niggaz. Flawless to say the least. To me this is not a comparision prime Ren all day but I wanted to hear what most of you all think. Elaborate.

derek41
02-19-2009, 11:18 PM
they were two totally different mc's but I will agree that both in their prime were dope as fuck.

Edgar Erebus
02-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Snoop, 'cause he'd rip yo' ass into shreds and wouldn't even raise his voice.

Naw, on the real, on "Chronic" and "Doggystyle" Snoopy was a lyrical and technical monster. Really hard to fuck with. Basically invented lazy drawl and made by far best use of that flow.

Ren was dope too, but Snoop is just too much to handle.

mikeatris
02-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Snoop, 'cause he'd rip yo' ass into shreds and wouldn't even raise his voice.

Naw, on the real, on "Chronic" and "Doggystyle" Snoopy was a lyrical and technical monster. Really hard to fuck with. Basically invented lazy drawl and made by far best use of that flow.

Ren was dope too, but Snoop is just too much to handle. You saying Snoop in his prime is better than Ren in his prime? Ren verse on Approach to Danger would murk N E thing that Snoop or N E of the other guest said that was on Chronic and Doggystyle. Hell Dre went in too hard on Niggaz and his verses were sometimes classic on Niggaz and Ren did ghosted on most of Dre verses on Niggaz. No way I can agree with you on this one. Ren quick delivery and change of different rap styles on S.O.C and Niggaz, definitely no comparision.

RynMur
02-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Snoop, no question.

fortyglock
02-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Weren't some of Snoops lyrics written by the DOC though?

GRANDMASSIVE.
02-20-2009, 04:43 PM
I personally liked Ren more, Kizz my Black Azz & Shock of the Hour were crazy albums

mikeatris
02-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Weren't some of Snoops lyrics written by the DOC though?Exactly. Some of his lyrics were ghostwritten by DOC and RBX on Chronic and Doggystyle. Ren never had a ghost writer, He wrote lyrics on SOC for Dre and Cube and DOC wrote lyrics for Eazy. But on Niggaz Ren penned the whole album. You do the math.

The Hound
02-21-2009, 10:51 AM
You saying Snoop in his prime is better than Ren in his prime? Ren verse on Approach to Danger would murk N E thing that Snoop or N E of the other guest said that was on Chronic and Doggystyle. Hell Dre went in too hard on Niggaz and his verses were sometimes classic on Niggaz and Ren did ghosted on most of Dre verses on Niggaz. No way I can agree with you on this one. Ren quick delivery and change of different rap styles on S.O.C and Niggaz, definitely no comparision.

how you sit there asking for opinions then getting mad when someone's opinion differs from yours?

snoop ... game over

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
02-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I like them both. I personally like Ren better, but I don't see why you'd compare the two.

d0fvce0etwU

02-21-2009, 11:05 AM
u1t0Aoj2ZRs

YungSunny
02-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Come on, Snoop?
It doesn't matter how good Ren is, this poll will just turn into a popularity contest.

02-21-2009, 11:38 AM
wasn't it a popularity contest in the first place?

mikeatris
02-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Come on, Snoop?
It doesn't matter how good Ren is, this poll will just turn into a popularity contest.Yeah you right, mostly people are judging by popularity and longevity not by lyrics. A lot of these new kids will say Snoop when most of the old heads will say Ren. I guess these kids will also say Soulja Boy is better than G Rap and Kane but ole well.

YungSunny
02-21-2009, 03:10 PM
wasn't it a popularity contest in the first place?

Pretty much. :i

spiggity_ace
02-21-2009, 06:53 PM
rens my fav nwa member, i like snoop too, ill give it to ren, i really like his verse on straight outta copmton.