PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed that some rappers like to bite stuff from books?

diggy
02-21-2009, 12:18 AM
i know gza bit from a book and i made a thread about it

another rapper who bit from a book is killa priest; he bit from the bible :mmmyah:

do you know any other rapper who bites from books to make lyrics

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA
02-21-2009, 12:56 AM
like i said, jedi mind tricks bit from the phycho social chemical electromagnetic manipulation of humans, and a lot of their first album is based on sumarian mythology

but i dont concider it biting, just spreading knowlege, i wish more rap was informed.

also dead prez bit from animal farm in the song animal in man

diggy
02-21-2009, 01:35 AM
ya i heard jmt used that title for their album from a book

when i say biting i mean taking exact quotes from others works and putting it in rhymes without giving credit

RAW-TASTE
02-21-2009, 01:48 AM
ya i heard jmt used that title for their album from a book

when i say biting i mean taking exact quotes from others works and putting it in rhymes without giving credit

i think they're just making references to a book though. i mean it would be corny for priest to say "what profits that man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul matthew 16:26" in his song 'profits of man'. if anyone really wanted to look it up, we can see it came from the bible, but i dont see there is no need to actually say it is from the bible.

i mean giving credit to the book might mess up the song if u no wat im sayin, i dont care wat book it came from nor do i care, it might jsut annoy me if the rapper goes at the end of his song "real talk from blabhalhabl book".

its not like they're taking the a whole paragraph from the book and making it into a verse

GhettoGnom
02-22-2009, 05:37 AM
It's called referencing. It's pretty common in this thing called poetry.

YungSunny
02-22-2009, 07:43 AM
We need a dictionary in here.